Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Forgive my stupidity but why do you have to convert from euro? J

The price is in pounds sterling and we use euro. don't know what the conversion will be hopefully not too bad.:thumbup:

Forgive my stupidity but why do you have to worry about converting from euro? Is it not a good rate the pound being weak. What did she offer you just the 12month package. I dare say we will probably need the12month one but finacially it helps getting the 6 month one. J

I know but I thought euro better placed against the pound so you should get a good deal. J

I don't know what the rate is but it'll prob work out about 400 euro that's if she gives me the 6 mths. Otherwise it'll be about 800 euro for the 12 months. She only offered me the 12months for £699. Still a good deal though, like you say it's just the shelling out all at once esp after paying for the op aswell. It took flirtylass nearly 1000 euro and she still hasn't go restriction. I find myself wondering if it's a money making thing by Dr chris not to put as much saline in the band. wendy told me she'd probably give me 3mls on my first, 2.5mls and then 2mls which she reckons would give me restriction. Never know though it could take alot more fills than that. I liked her approach though and she said I'm not to weigh myself on my own scales as hers give % fat, bones etc so it's more accurate.

hi to all the bandsters hope everything is going well:wink2:

i was hoping someone could help me out and give the full address in Edinburgh that Dr Chris/Frederik use to carry out the fills?

i am just checking out the difference in mileage from the address for WLS fills in Glasgow and deciding which is easier to get too from my area??:thumbup:

thanks in advance

GAry can you tell me if Mug shots are ok for low fat diet they contain less than 1% fat and are quite handy for my work as some times I can only have 5 mins break. I know the low fat diet is different to an ordinary calorie counting diet. What percentage of fat per meal do you recommend. J x:blink:

i always go on the rule of 5% of fat in 100g, always check the 100g value as the actual fat in the item can look ok if the item is less than 100g but in 100g column it may be high. On the mugshots there fine but let me know the kcal in the whole thing NOT the 100g reading as you may be surpised the calorie level, but i think there just dandy. My god that sound very confusing

gx

Thanks suefee, enjoy take that you lucky thing!

Thanks wishful. I defo will have a last supper. I had the same thoughts of being the biggest person but I suppose we're all different shapes so it's really hard to judge a person's weight (although he would have the details lol!!!)

Homecare, on my last bloods my liver was "slightly raised". Me being the worrier that I am thought I must have some disease even though I'm not a drinker really, like yourself odd glass of wine or west coast cooler. Anyway, I deciphered over telling Dr Chris about it. In the end I told frederick and he said it didn't make a difference to the op. Also, I've read on here that they give you some sort of documentation after the op to give to you GP and alot of them say fatty liver, which most overweight people would be.

I'm so annoyed about the WLS. I phoned Wendy 3 weeks ago and she never gave me the option of 6 mths. She said only 12 mths for £699. I think I might ring her and say I want the 6 mth one. How much are you getting the 6 mths for?

Is Gary our resident dietician? must remember that gary. Do you have a post op diet sheet?

dieician i am no, i do understand food and calorific values and am no bad at reading the labels, so any help i can give just ask.

gx

hi to all the bandsters hope everything is going well:wink2:

i was hoping someone could help me out and give the full address in Edinburgh that Dr Chris/Frederik use to carry out the fills?

i am just checking out the difference in mileage from the address for WLS fills in Glasgow and deciding which is easier to get too from my area??:grouphug:

thanks in advance

Hiya, the edinburgh fills are done at 13 Heriot Row

Edinburgh, EH3 6HP

hope this helps.

gx

i always go on the rule of 5% of fat in 100g, always check the 100g value as the actual fat in the item can look ok if the item is less than 100g but in 100g column it may be high. On the mugshots there fine but let me know the kcal in the whole thing NOT the 100g reading as you may be surpised the calorie level, but i think there just dandy. My god that sound very confusing

gx

Thanks Gary. Yes it is a bit confusing but glad you understand it. Resident dietician with pink speedos.:grouphug: Cheers J x

i have just got my date for banding its the 7 jully i am so nervers, i am fron just outside london what the best way to get ther plain train , and what is best hotel , and how much are fillins , please help michelle

i have just got my date for banding its the 7 jully i am so nervers, i am fron just outside london what the best way to get ther plain train , and what is best hotel , and how much are fillins , please help michelle

Hi michelle, well you have made the 1st step of booking your band, you wont regret it im sure. most people on here stay at the hotel campanile vilvoorde, its clean and basic but for what you need it for its adequate. When i had my band there was a lady from kent and she got the train but when i heard from her a few days after getting home she said the journey was awful as she wasnt feeling too good, i would say which ever is quickest i would use x

how often do you have dose it neaad to be filled and when first one after having band put in, michelle

You can have your 1st fill 4 weeks post op and cost £90, then you can have them every 4 weeks if you wish till you get too your full restriction, there is some on here who have had a package deal from wls clinic where you can get your 1st fill 6 weeks post op then you can have fills every 2 weeks, if you can get the 6month package it is a good deal x

Hi Michelle, Its a big step booking the op I was just as nervous and excited but well done. How did you book the band op was it with Dr Chris, or Fredrick or one of the other agencies, depending on who you booked with the hotel could be in the inclusive price.

I flew with BMI Heathrow to Brusells international airport, and again if you booked Fredricks package the taxi's are inclusive within the price.

As to fills you can choose anyone you want to do them, mine are carried out at Newport at £80 a time, I have had 3, and dont think I'll need any more for a very long time. My fill Doctor Chris Deprez, says most of his clients need only 3 until they loose weight at an acceptable rate. However this has taken me to the sweetspot, this means I can eat most things normally, but in much smaller quantities and will loose weight. Some people prefer to try to get a very tight restriction whereby they can only eat mushy food and drinks, this does not always reduce quantity, so you might find that if you have a tighter band you might not necessarily loose more weight than if it is at the sweetspot.

Hopes this information helps, keep asking questions until you get the answers you need.

Hey everyone, Not been on for a few days, been getting used to hubby being away and looking after the children and house on my own, it's not bad actually! food is going fine, another 2lbs down today so that takes me to 18lbs altogether and then my first fill on Thursday, can't wait!! How is everyone? Flirty, how are the nerves holding up for surgery chick? Mandyfielding and wishfull, looking forward to seeing you both on Thursday, and to everyone else, keep up the good work, it's gr8 to see so many new bandsters on here, still being one myself x:thumbup:

hi guys take that was great yesterday but itwas a long day i was on my feet for 6 hours but worth it now can only one tell me the phone number to phone wendy on about the fills as i need to find out when i can get it done many thanks