Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi mandy well done on your weight loss, you are doing really well, i still cant eat bread and have give up on it now and being honest i dont miss it anymore. x

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting really really nervous now...op on Friday! I'm a mixed bag of emotions. One minute I'm so excited, next I'm thinking I'm gonna die on the table or they'll open me up and find something (namely the big C). I'm a real worrier. I'm so bad at the mo I'm thinking maybe I should write letters in case I don't make it. I know you will all think I'm mad but I am just so sick with worry. I'm doing ok on the pre op, mostly cutting down on hi cals and haven't eaten choc in 2 weeks which I'm really proud of (as I'm a chocoholic). Then I think to myself, if I'm doing this well maybe I could just lose the weight myself but then reality kicks in and tells me that I haven't managed to do it before now so why would this diet be any different. Sorry for going on so much. It's just that my husbands mum died of cancer 3 weeks ago and I suppose it calls one's own mortality into question.

Suefee you are so funny. I'd say you felt brilliant when he you were all done. that's another worry of mine that I'll wake up during the op. Hi homecare, glad you are all positive for the op. I'm just back from boots with the supplies!! I'll be a walking chemist. I got the boots own chewable orange Vitamins and tiny arnica tabs and I've started them both today. I also got an arnica spray incase the bruising is really bad.

Sorry for going on so much. I never shut up talking to my family and friends about you all, it's true we are like a family.....a really big big family.

Thanks everyone.X

hi shellyg i think i have passed on all my pre opp thoughts to you and honestly you will be fine 1 thing i will tell you so you don't get worrying like me and the others who had the opp ( we all said the same ) after they take you down theater you have to wait your turn so you are all lined up waiting with other people waiting for opp and that was the only time i felt like running away must go now talk later i'm of to see take that

Hi shellyg your doing really well on your pre-op.. well done, i would have a yummy last supper the night before your op tho. You will be fine when you go for your op, its only natural you are thinking the way you are most on here going for there ops have, i think a lot of it is because your going a broad. Just think of all the positives this op is going too bring you and you know we are all here too support you any way we can x

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting really really nervous now...op on Friday! I'm a mixed bag of emotions. One minute I'm so excited, next I'm thinking I'm gonna die on the table or they'll open me up and find something (namely the big C). I'm a real worrier. I'm so bad at the mo I'm thinking maybe I should write letters in case I don't make it. I know you will all think I'm mad but I am just so sick with worry. I'm doing ok on the pre op, mostly cutting down on hi cals and haven't eaten choc in 2 weeks which I'm really proud of (as I'm a chocoholic). Then I think to myself, if I'm doing this well maybe I could just lose the weight myself but then reality kicks in and tells me that I haven't managed to do it before now so why would this diet be any different. Sorry for going on so much. It's just that my husbands mum died of cancer 3 weeks ago and I suppose it calls one's own mortality into question.

Suefee you are so funny. I'd say you felt brilliant when he you were all done. that's another worry of mine that I'll wake up during the op. Hi homecare, glad you are all positive for the op. I'm just back from boots with the supplies!! I'll be a walking chemist. I got the boots own chewable orange Vitamins and tiny arnica tabs and I've started them both today. I also got an arnica spray incase the bruising is really bad.

Sorry for going on so much. I never shut up talking to my family and friends about you all, it's true we are like a family.....a really big big family.

Thanks everyone.X

Hi Shellyg you are not thinking anything Im not. The only other thing Iam worried about is my liver. Im not an alchoholic or anything :blushing:but I do like a glass or two of wine with my dinner.:thumbup: I hope he doesnt open me up and say close her up shes got scirrosis of the liver. So your not alone with your worries we all have them. Good luck for Friday I wont be far behind you if liver ok:scared2:

Hi homecare, im sure your liver will be ok lol, my only worry leading upto my op was that i was the biggest person he had operated on (i was 16stone) and then when i was out on the table they would be saying how big i was, its just our minds playing with our emotions x

Hi homecare, im sure your liver will be ok lol, my only worry leading upto my op was that i was the biggest person he had operated on (i was 16stone) and then when i was out on the table they would be saying how big i was, its just our minds playing with our emotions x

I am quite sure 16stone is nowhere near his biggest patient besides we are all doing something about it. Why dont you have a ticker at the bottom of your posts to let us all see how much weight you are losing. J x:thumbup:

Hi Ive just had great news from Coleen at WLS they have decided to give me the six month package as it was so near the date of change. Ive paid my deposit and my first fill is booked for August the11th. Ive not even been banded but I do like to be organised. Whoooo!!!

I am quite sure 16stone is nowhere near his biggest patient besides we are all doing something about it. Why dont you have a ticker at the bottom of your posts to let us all see how much weight you are losing. J x:thumbup:

your right in what you say but its just the way i was thinking at the time.. regarding the ticker i will do it iv just got too get my head round it, im really not very good on computers lol. my weight is still stuck and hope after my fill on thursday it will start to move again, so far i have lost 2 stone 2lb x

Hi Ive just had great news from Coleen at WLS they have decided to give me the six month package as it was so near the date of change. Ive paid my deposit and my first fill is booked for August the11th. Ive not even been banded but I do like to be organised. Whoooo!!!

Great news, hope they keep it open for other bandsters too get there fills x

yes i ate them with tea they went all mushy, mmmmmmm lovely.:thumbup:

gx

GAry can you tell me if Mug shots are ok for low fat diet they contain less than 1% fat and are quite handy for my work as some times I can only have 5 mins break. I know the low fat diet is different to an ordinary calorie counting diet. What percentage of fat per meal do you recommend. J x:blink:

Thanks suefee, enjoy take that you lucky thing!

Thanks wishful. I defo will have a last supper. I had the same thoughts of being the biggest person but I suppose we're all different shapes so it's really hard to judge a person's weight (although he would have the details lol!!!)

Homecare, on my last bloods my liver was "slightly raised". Me being the worrier that I am thought I must have some disease even though I'm not a drinker really, like yourself odd glass of wine or west coast cooler. Anyway, I deciphered over telling Dr Chris about it. In the end I told frederick and he said it didn't make a difference to the op. Also, I've read on here that they give you some sort of documentation after the op to give to you GP and alot of them say fatty liver, which most overweight people would be.

I'm so annoyed about the WLS. I phoned Wendy 3 weeks ago and she never gave me the option of 6 mths. She said only 12 mths for £699. I think I might ring her and say I want the 6 mth one. How much are you getting the 6 mths for?

Is Gary our resident dietician? must remember that gary. Do you have a post op diet sheet?

Thanks suefee, enjoy take that you lucky thing!

Thanks wishful. I defo will have a last supper. I had the same thoughts of being the biggest person but I suppose we're all different shapes so it's really hard to judge a person's weight (although he would have the details lol!!!)

Homecare, on my last bloods my liver was "slightly raised". Me being the worrier that I am thought I must have some disease even though I'm not a drinker really, like yourself odd glass of wine or west coast cooler. Anyway, I deciphered over telling Dr Chris about it. In the end I told frederick and he said it didn't make a difference to the op. Also, I've read on here that they give you some sort of documentation after the op to give to you GP and alot of them say fatty liver, which most overweight people would be.

I'm so annoyed about the WLS. I phoned Wendy 3 weeks ago and she never gave me the option of 6 mths. She said only 12 mths for £699. I think I might ring her and say I want the 6 mth one. How much are you getting the 6 mths for?

Is Gary our resident dietician? must remember that gary. Do you have a post op diet sheet?

I phoned her a while ago and specifically asked for the six month package and that was when she said it was unavailable. They are only offering it to people who have had fills before. I was very polite but I insisted that she check for me due to it only being one day difference from the rule change. She was sorry but said she would speak to her superiours and get back to me. She didnt so I phoned her today and they agreed due to time limit hardly being 24hours they would give me it.:thumbup: Gillian is going to speak to Wendy the fill nurse tomorrow maybe you could ask her to plead on your behalf. I pay £349 and they have taken a £30 deposit which will be taken off the balance. What did you decide to do? Gary is terrific at working out the maths on food, weight etc. Incidetally whats a west coast cooler is it cider? j:blink:

West coast cooler is white wine with fruit juice. It's fab. Really sweet and refreshing. only thing is it's fizzy so it's bye bye west coast cooler for me and they've only just brought out a rose version! ah well I'll be skinny drinking something else!!lol! I'll ring wendy tomorrow and say how disappointed I am that she didn't give me the option and that I can't afford the £699 but could give her deposit for the £349. see how that goes. it'd be so great if i did get it, it would make alot of difference financially esp as I've to convert from euro.

West coast cooler is white wine with fruit juice. It's fab. Really sweet and refreshing. only thing is it's fizzy so it's bye bye west coast cooler for me and they've only just brought out a rose version! ah well I'll be skinny drinking something else!!lol! I'll ring wendy tomorrow and say how disappointed I am that she didn't give me the option and that I can't afford the £699 but could give her deposit for the £349. see how that goes. it'd be so great if i did get it, it would make alot of difference financially esp as I've to convert from euro.

Forgive my stupidity but why do you have to worry about converting from euro? Is it not a good rate the pound being weak. What did she offer you just the 12month package. I dare say we will probably need the12month one but finacially it helps getting the 6 month one. J

Edited by homecare