Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

ill ask wendy on tues when i go.. id be suprised at em doing that?. esp with credit crunch at mo, people cant afford it and it wasnt that long ago that we took the half price special offer too, as they wanted custom, so sounds not very good of them if they have! x

Hi gillian could you also ask Wendy why they have changed their policy in offering new bandsters the 6 month package?

They must know in these tight financial times it is not a good thing. Anyway I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will allow me the 6mth contract as I asked a day or two after the new policy began. I will find out in a couple of days. Coleen said she would phone and let me know, she would do her best. :redface: j x

As you all know Im being banded on the 26th of june I am going on holiday on the 16th of August so was hoping for a fill before going, just to get things started. CDB surgery in edinburgh doesnt have dates that suit me ie too soon after operation and then in August day after I leave for holiday. I am looking into wls at the mo but have to wait and see about six month package. I emailed Chris Deprez for a Glasgow appointment and he says wait until after being banded and see how I feel. If ok he will give me my first fill 17th July 3 weeks after op. I was wondering what you guys thought. Is this too soon? I know everyone heals at different rates, I am quite a quick healer but I have read on many sites its best to wait between 4 and 6 weeks. I have read all of Odges thoughts and I think she was well ready for a fill by this time. Any advice. Jx

Tee bird why are you having your first fill with frederic when you have signed up with wls.:redface:

Hey homecare, Just because it's my first fill, out of respect for ECFS and because i didn't think WLS would do a fill before 6 weeks? x

Hi gillian could you also ask Wendy why they have changed their policy in offering new bandsters the 6 month package?

They must know in these tight financial times it is not a good thing. Anyway I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will allow me the 6mth contract as I asked a day or two after the new policy began. I will find out in a couple of days. Coleen said she would phone and let me know, she would do her best. :redface: j x

hi homecare..i will ask wendy when i go on tuesday..wendy is lovely, understanding,proffessional and very experienced..she is more interested in the person than the money, and i reckon she wont completely agree what WLS management have done re the 'no more 6 months packages' I will say people are upset at this and maybe she can give WLS management some feedback?..i would still book the 12 months package though as its certainly worth it, when you add up how much the fills are anyway, but i know thats not the point here. dont forget that WLS do a 'pay-as-you-go' for fills, think its £85 each, your appointment is for half hour and you get lots of info with her amazing analyzing,all knowing,no cheating scales!(wish i had some!) and her advice is excellent. your first appointment is £120 i think though for your assesment and first fill included. x

Hey tee bird i think the 350 is all in if i was u i wouldnt cancel it cos could work out costing u a fortune especially if ur like me iv spent over 1000euro on fills and still aint got restriction i would love to just had to pay 350

Cheers Flirty, and everyone else who has made comment, bobaldy, homecare, Gary and everyone else, i'll phone Colleen today and let you all know x

Well guys, the liquids worked!!!!!! The scales have started moving again and after 3 days of liquids (apart from a 2 course meal out last night to say farewell to my husband who is going overseas to work tommorrow, boo hoo :redface:) and i'm down 2 pounds so that's me at 16st 12lbs now instead of 18 st yipee!!!

Cheers Flirty,

Just phoned WLS and Colleen said that you can only get your first fill with them from 6 weeks and the £120 initial assessment and fill are included in the 6 month package price. Mandyfielding, the phone number for Colleen is 08007879029, i phoned her this morning and she rang me back within half an hour x

Haha wishfull id be gettin him out of them not into them lol

well, well dirty flirty lol i bet you would.. dont know who is worse you or gary he he x

Hi tee-bird well done on your weight loss.. those couple of lbs make all the difference, keep up the good work x

Hi tee-bird well done on your weight loss.. those couple of lbs make all the difference, keep up the good work x

Thanks wishfull, it's surprising how easy it is to stick to liquids and mushies when you're in the right frame of mind! Quick question if that's ok: when you have each fill, is it easy to lose anymore weight straight after or do you feel the same as before? Don't know if i'm making any sense but i'm so eager to get a good amount of weight off by september because my doctor said he'd refer me for a Tummy Tuck before i leave the RAF so fingers crossed! x

Thanks wishfull, it's surprising how easy it is to stick to liquids and mushies when you're in the right frame of mind! Quick question if that's ok: when you have each fill, is it easy to lose anymore weight straight after or do you feel the same as before? Don't know if i'm making any sense but i'm so eager to get a good amount of weight off by september because my doctor said he'd refer me for a Tummy Tuck before i leave the RAF so fingers crossed! x

Hi tee-bird after your fill you are too stay on liquids for a couple of days, i find the weight does start too move again after the fill then slows down again. Iv flumped on the liquids for a couple of days, that time of the month and been on the nibble :(.. but thats ok i'll start again in a couple of days. The band does seem too give you the inner strengh tho x

Hi tee-bird after your fill you are too stay on liquids for a couple of days, i find the weight does start too move again after the fill then slows down again. Iv flumped on the liquids for a couple of days, that time of the month and been on the nibble :(.. but thats ok i'll start again in a couple of days. The band does seem too give you the inner strengh tho x

Thanks wishfull, that sounds promising enough for me! Well i best go, gonna spend the rest of the night with my hubby since i wont see him again for 3 months until we go to the maldives in september. I'm really gonna miss him although he's worse off than me having to leave behind our 10 yr old daughter Megan and our 4 month old daughter Evie. I'm just gonna have to throw myself into getting beautiful before i see him next! :thumbup:

Hey all you guys, well done to all the losers on the weight loss, a lot of you sound like your doing it on will power alone, so i'm impressed, you should be proud! I dont know if i'm going to manage with a liquid diet, but maybe the band will give me that "inner power!".

Is anyone on their low fat pre op diet yet , that's going out in a few weeks? I am looking to start mine next week, but am trying to cut down now to get myself ready for it!

I also wanted to ask ( close your ears boys) Has anyone had the "time of the month" when they got their op? I think im going to have mine, and honestly, Im thinking about changing the date, as it's always really bad, and im thinking i might get in a state while Im there, and I always feel really tired with it, any advice greatly appreciated :(

THe WLS package for 6 months, I was kind of relying on for fills, as it's the only way i'm going to be able to afford them, Did anyone get an answet yet, if they're going to offer the 6 month deal, I feel they are greedy too, don't they realise people are struggling to get the money together as it is for the OP then the fill money on top makes it even harder!!!

Over and Out! LOL:wub:

Penny

x