Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Shoes i can still get a stich like pain in my port area and mine wasnt really sore after op its nothing to worry about it was actually killing me yesterday for some reason but no need to panic

Hi Flirtylass thank you so much for your reply i just cant understand it i was the same as you it wasn't as sore after surgery as it is now, does yours hurt more after you eat do you feel like it hurts when you bend down lol:confused:

Tee-bird and Wishfull, we are all being banded within half an hour, my app is at 12.30 I cant wait to see you both, Tee-bird, have you got the no for WLS. I am thinking of going with them after my hols. See you both next week Mandy

Hey shoes mine can strike up anytime i was shopping yesterday and the pain started so duno what causes it really think it has a mind of its own but i defo wouldnt worry about it i was like u up until a wee while ago worrying about the port flipping but it shouldnt and if it does id say we'l know by pain or something but what we have seems to be normal another joy of having a band lol

Hi bobbaldy she says they dont offer 6 months packages to new banders its only 12 months or 18 months. A bit dissapointed. J x:closedeyes:

ill ask wendy on tues when i go.. id be suprised at em doing that?. esp with credit crunch at mo, people cant afford it and it wasnt that long ago that we took the half price special offer too, as they wanted custom, so sounds not very good of them if they have! x

Hey shoes mine can strike up anytime i was shopping yesterday and the pain started so duno what causes it really think it has a mind of its own but i defo wouldnt worry about it i was like u up until a wee while ago worrying about the port flipping but it shouldnt and if it does id say we'l know by pain or something but what we have seems to be normal another joy of having a band lol

Thanks Flirtylass i am having third fill on on Mon with Fred in Dublin hoping to get some restriction are you going to get another fill you dont seem to have much luck with your fills what is Fred going to do for you i hope he still isn't charging €120 a go you spent so much so far he should nt charge you anymore for fills lol:smile:

Hi shoes when i was in belgium i told him i wasnt happy and he couldnt understand i could still eat bread and other stuff without a prob but iv been saying it to him for ages but he said he'd do next fill half price but i dont really think thats good enough so iv decided not to bother with any more fills iv came this far without reaching my sweet spot just pissed off with fills i feel no different now than i did after first fill doesnt say much does it

I might cancel my 6 month package for this reason: I've just received the paperwork from WLS and it seems all a bit expensive when i may not need it. Am i right in thinking that the initial assessment of £120 with WLS is not included in the 6 month package of £349? That's the way i read the paperwork today. Can anyone shed any light please. It all seems like a lot of money when i already paying for the first fill with Frederick, second fill with initial assessment and then if i only need 3 fills, i've only got one fill out of that £349 package!

Does anyone have any advice for me? Do you think i should cancel and do them every 2 weeks paying as i go along?

Thanks, T x

hi guys, on the wls thing i dont personally use them but from reading between the lines i am quite dissapointed in what i read, up till today i have heard good things and a big plus point of them is the 6 month package however it seems to me that they had got quite a lot of enquiries and no doubt a lot from this forum however they now seem greedy and change the goalposts for new bandster. This would really p*ss me off. Does anyone else think the same as me or is it just my synical mind.

Gx

Hi Guy's im still getting port pain it comes and goes it gets worse when i eat like a bad stitch can any please shed some light on this i am 12 weeks post banded its really bugging me just worried it has flipped over has any one experience this please

hi shoes, i had that pain really bad, whenever i got up off the settee , bent over or twisted, i had it for about a month, then it went for about a week then came back for about another month.it then stopped..it is just the muscles underneath when you tense up, also when sneezing,coughing and laughing, i had to hold it in first!..as you lose some weight it will go, my fill nurse described it being sewn in like a button and when you are loosing weight it loosens off, and ends up like a loose button. its fine now, but i do get the odd twing, think it just digs into the muscle when bending or something..but it did drive me mad and thought i was gonna have to get it looked at...it will go though, at least you know that..and i was shown how they are sewn in and that its near impossible for them to flip.so dont worry x

Hi Guy's im still getting port pain it comes and goes it gets worse when i eat like a bad stitch can any please shed some light on this i am 12 weeks post banded its really bugging me just worried it has flipped over has any one experience this please

shoes, i am 3 weeks beofre you and still get twinges and strange feelings, mine is even still a little swollen but i had a bad hematoma, i would not worry about it, my next fill at end on june is with dr c so i will get his opinion, however from talking to other real old timers 1year and over this is normal.

gx

Hi shoes when i was in belgium i told him i wasnt happy and he couldnt understand i could still eat bread and other stuff without a prob but iv been saying it to him for ages but he said he'd do next fill half price but i dont really think thats good enough so iv decided not to bother with any more fills iv came this far without reaching my sweet spot just pissed off with fills i feel no different now than i did after first fill doesnt say much does it

Hi Flirtylass your right thats not good enough he should of offered you free fills or some explanation you have done so well to get this far on your own dont think i would have with out some restriction your an inspiration to us all on here id say you feel really good about yourself now with all the lovely summer cloths you can buy from not just the one shop you be able to show off your new figure with all this lovely weather, i would still email fred for some kind of explanation after all you deserve it lol:smile:

Ah i dont think id get much of a explaination from him.... Ah well i know i dont have restriction but i know getting the band made me headstrong and stick to dieting so i still thank it for helping me lose the weight just disappointed in the fills... Yeah i love the shopping bit but not buying any more clothes as i hope to have my nips and tucks done in 6wks or so and i defo hope il be smaller after it all but i bought a new dress for liverpool this wkend and got the legs waxed today in preparation lol and i put away a cardi and top (size 14 yay) lol gona get them tomorr but thats me finished with clothes just gona have to stay out of the shops from now on cos i cant help trying on things and wanting them its a whole new experience something i could never do i never remember getting into a 14 or 16 and im only 25 says alot bout my weight prob doesnt it lol

Tee-bird and Wishfull, we are all being banded within half an hour, my app is at 12.30 I cant wait to see you both, Tee-bird, have you got the no for WLS. I am thinking of going with them after my hols. See you both next week Mandy

Hey mandy iv had my band lol.. think you mean we are getting our fills. It will be good to meet up and put faces to names xx

shoes, i am 3 weeks beofre you and still get twinges and strange feelings, mine is even still a little swollen but i had a bad hematoma, i would not worry about it, my next fill at end on june is with dr c so i will get his opinion, however from talking to other real old timers 1year and over this is normal.

gx

Hi Garry ye mine is still very swollen to i can even feel a hard lump around the port scar i dont know weather or not this is scare tissue read somewhere you can get scar tissue around the port i just dont know all i can say is it can be very sore then it will just disappear im seeing fred on Mon see what he has to say, your so right about the fills i think they are very expensive its not fare they know we cant go anywhere else lol:smile: