Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Haha odgemodge u mite be sorry u met me lol but i promise il try be on my best behaviour lol Least ur all set its hard to believe this time 2days you'l be having ur chat with fred bet the nerves will have kicked in by then lol my friend is on the bevy all day at a family doo lol shes never ate or drank as much as last few weeks lol

Haha i was on phone to her this morn and she was having a big fry up for brekkie lol but dr chris never turned anyone away because of a fatty liver so she aint too worried and after monday she wont be doing it lol

hurray.gif

Michael took out 2.9mls, so there's no leak. I am sooooo relieved.

He said ok, I will put in 5 now, and then you have to drink a cup of Water while you're here.

As per usual I had a bit of trouble getting it down, and he got onto it straight away as much as I tried for him not to see, cos on my first fill I was the same, then the next day no restriction...and I told him that. He didnt care.

And he insisted he take some out:unsure: He said he had a bad feeling about it, and didnt want me to be overfilled over the weekend.

I now have 4.5 mils in, my band which holds between 9 & 11 mils.

At least I'm on my way woo hoo :tt2:

Hey Freckles - u are well on ur way!! I had my third fill today taking me to 6ml in 7-9ml band so I am well on my way too! I can feel some restriction which is good. I could feel a yogurt going, not painful but defo some restriction. Yay!! I will be extra careful not to have anything but liquids for 3 days. It can be tempting especially when ur mum's eating fish and chips!! :biggrin::biggrin: (Remember after my first fill - mum went for aHarry Ramsden's?!!) No such temptation thankfully!

Hello Everyone,

I'm from Ireland. I am 37, married and have four children. Gosh, I feel like I know you all so well already! It's taken me a whole week to read this entire blog. You are all truely amazing and inspirational. Reading this has made up my mind for me. I've been in touch with Fred and am hoping to be banded on June 2nd. I'm scared but also so excited. I've tried all diets under the sun and just feel that I have such a tough mountain to climb that the band will help me get a head start but I'm certain I will reach the top of this mountain this time for sure. I'll look forward to meeting you all up there!!

My one concern was migration, but having asked Fred about it I feel confident I should be ok. He said Dr Chris has banded over 4,000 and hasn't any cases of migration. He says it usually happens 18-24 months post surgery and is a result of filling the band too much too soon. I have about 9 stone to lose to be the correct weight for my height but even if I lost 4 or 5 stone I'd be so so happy. I feel so down all the time about my weight. All week I've been reading this blog, my husband says I'm obsessed which I suppose I am but I always have been obsessed with my weight. I'm so looking forward to being a normal weight, go into normal shops and pick a top the colour I want, not just the colour that's in my "big" size.

Looking forward to joining you in the banter and thanks for all the help you gave me in making this life changing decision.:tt2:

Good luck Odgmodge you#ll be in safe hands with Flirty!!:biggrin:

I know what ur friend means about never eating so much pre-op! I wasn't so bad on the pre-op diet but from booking the op to the pre-op diet I ate like there was no tomorrow! I can't count how many 'last suppers' I had!! Last Indian, last Chinese, late this, last that!! :biggrin:

How much have you good in ur band FLirty and what size is it? I know ur nearly full!! Surely you will reach ur sweet spot next week!!:tt2:

Hey shelly welcome to the forum and ur making the right decision in getting the band and going with dr chris... Im from louth where are u?

Hello Everyone,

I'm from Ireland. I am 37, married and have four children. Gosh, I feel like I know you all so well already! It's taken me a whole week to read this entire blog. You are all truely amazing and inspirational. Reading this has made up my mind for me. I've been in touch with Fred and am hoping to be banded on June 2nd. I'm scared but also so excited. I've tried all diets under the sun and just feel that I have such a tough mountain to climb that the band will help me get a head start but I'm certain I will reach the top of this mountain this time for sure. I'll look forward to meeting you all up there!!

My one concern was migration, but having asked Fred about it I feel confident I should be ok. He said Dr Chris has banded over 4,000 and hasn't any cases of migration. He says it usually happens 18-24 months post surgery and is a result of filling the band too much too soon. I have about 9 stone to lose to be the correct weight for my height but even if I lost 4 or 5 stone I'd be so so happy. I feel so down all the time about my weight. All week I've been reading this blog, my husband says I'm obsessed which I suppose I am but I always have been obsessed with my weight. I'm so looking forward to being a normal weight, go into normal shops and pick a top the colour I want, not just the colour that's in my "big" size.

Looking forward to joining you in the banter and thanks for all the help you gave me in making this life changing decision.:biggrin:

Hi Shelly

I can relate to everything you have written. I too (and probably everyone on the forum) have battled and battled with my weight and have decided to do something about it. Dr Chris and his team are fabulous, u will be in safe hands. Everyone here on the forum have been in the same situation as u with questions, doubts, nerves etc. We are here to help and have a bit of fun! SO if you have questions fire away someone will always try and help. You are in the best place!

I too am looking forward to losing weight and hitting the shops for clothes I like, not just what will fit!! :tt2:

Hi Flirty,

I'm in County Dublin so not that far from you. I've been telling my mam all about how much weight you all have lost, but in particular you. She's coming with me to get a band too. You should be so proud of yourself, I'd say you have to take a second glance at times to make sure it's you in the mirror!!Can't wait to be at that stage.

Hey sammy i have 7.25mls and NO restriction so i expect him to give me at least a ml or more cos i know i need it im terrified of gaining cos im at the stage im yoyoing and im so pissed off im eating more... but god u are so lucky having such access to fills every fortnight instead of being like me 9months out and no restriction but hopefully i wont be complaining about it when i get back from belgium lol but yeah my friend is eating all in sight and im near as bad i seem to be joining her i near feel like im being banded too except im hoping to get restriction if that makes sense lol i think my band holds 7-9ml but ur doing great and ur at 6ml already lucky u

Thanks Sammy,

You are all so welcoming. I can't believe I'm part of it now!!! My hubby will defo have a problem now!!

Ye, it's an emotional rollercoaster. I'm an emotional eater....happy, sad, angry, frustrated, worry...you name it I eat my way through it. Started a diet two months ago with my friend and since then I'm up another stone. It's a vicious circle. It's my time now to get off this rollercoaster. For once I feel I'm doing something for ME. My eldest is 9, so for 9 years I've taken a back seat....almost forgetting who I am but NOW it's my time. I'm just soooooooooooooo excited.

Ah shelly sure ur just up the road lol ah i am thrilled with the loss but i really want 2more stone off and it just aint moving as quick as the rest did but il get there but god i dont glance in the mirror too much with my saggy skin but once i get that nipped and tucked il never be out of the mirror lol any questions u have make sure to ask or if u ever wana chat u can give me a ring no prob

Flirty - got my fingers crossed for u. Will u be getting a double fill? HOpe so. U have done sooooo well so it's about time the band started working for u!

Yeah I do feel lucky having access to fills every 2 weeks. You start to faith when u can eat anything and everything!! I'm just so pleased the little one was good today as it's the first time I've been into London on my own! That may have put me off!! Make sure you treat urself to something nice in Brussels x

Ah thats brilliant sammy that ur wee fella behaved lol and u got on ok on ur own in london... Ah god i cant buy anymore i treated my self to new dior sunglasses over 250quid and that was with 25%off lol il have to have my little bits for when i have all the weight off and im trying so hard not to buy clothes so im gona try not buy alot in belgium lol

That's really kind Flirty, might just take you up on that. Is it tomorrow you are off with your friend? I'd go tomorrow too if I could. I'm wondering who I should get the fills done with. That WLS have a place in Swords which would suit me grand but after hearing what Freckles said about being careful who fills you I'm seriously thinking of staying with Fred (better the devil you know n'all that). I'm gonna start my pre op diet on Monday so I'll head out tomorrow and get the Milk thistle tabs and get myself on the right track.