Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Well done you - another 2lbs off is great. Don't let that Gillian tempt you with her apple crumble (OMG I could just eat some, and some curry!) I have been cooking all kinds of things for my family and although I'm not feeling too hungry the smell drives me crazy, so I understand the bacon roll episode, although I'm sure your Mam loves you :-)

My dent is not the big scar (is that where your port is, or is it the one to the left of it where the blue stitch was?) mine is the little one on the right hand side.

You take care too and keep up the good work. T x

Hi TC..I have dints in my belly too!, although they are flattening out now as the stitches are going..think it helped that i dug out a really tight panty girdle to put on!..it is one of those that come right up under the boobs and it looks disgusting and is really tight but it has helped me with the "pulling" pains i got from the stitches,and has helped them to flatten out i think. yes,as big sister says, i have been refering to my belly as looking like a deep buttoned sofa!..i looked like a deep buttoned bubbles de vere!..nice,darling!..gillian x

OMG!!! So many posts since I've been away, I dont have time to read them all just now, but wil catch up.

TC so glad its all over for you, how on earth did you hold in wanting the loo for 7 hours???

That must have been awful, wish I had been there, I would have told her to be nice.:thumbdown:

What are you 2 like gobbling stuff, lol, you have in fact been doing exactly what you mustn't...you gotta learn to chew for England before you swallow, or it wont fit through your band into your little tum.:rolleyes:

We had a cople of nice warm days, and some cold too, but it was a nice break.

Weighed myself today and have only put on 2lbs, and some of that may be Water after the flight.

I think I did pretty good being as we were all inclusive:w00t:

The flight must have tightened my band up a bit, cos things kept getting stuck, so chips were out of the question.

Last night when we got home at 8:30 hadnt eaten since 1pm and then could only manage a cup a Soup, so it does prove the pressure even on a 2 and half hour flight will help tighten your band up, even if its got a hole in like mine:confused:

I am scheduled to go to Southampton on Thursday for my pre-op tests, just hope the weathers ok for us to drive down.

Love to all xxxx

hi freckles, glad you had a nice holiday and hope that your appointment on thursday goes well..and hopefully soon youll be having your new band! x

Hi All! Glad everyone is still doing well

I've been lurking, but not posting. I weighed myself yesterday (2 weeks post-op) and my BMI is now 30.2...almost out of that darn obese range! I started with a BMI of 35.

About the Tummy Tuck, I had one in 2002 in Brussels. Not with Dr. Chris. I was in the hospital for 5 days. They put that machine on my legs that squeezes your legs to pump the blood through to avoid blood clots. He tightened my ab muscles and that is what was the worst for me. My kids were at their funniest and that didn't help one bit. When I had to laugh or sneeze or cough, my husband would put a pillow on my stomach and lay across it to try and hold everything still. It helped. I think it was about 9 days before I could get in and out of my little Audi TT. I felt naked when I finally quit wearing the compression garment. Like you bigsister, my husband found those stockings very sexy. He was disappointed when he saw the ones with the lap-band surgery were only knee high! I guess after 27 years of marriage with him, it shouldn't have surprised me, but he's still full of it (er, I mean surprises). Anyway, I had no problems with the surgery or afterwards. The drains (2) were removed before I went home. The surgeon had me use cica-care www.cicacare.com on my mile long scar, it has faded, is smooth and is so low that it doesn't show. I'm just hoping that I won't need another one after this weight loss, but if I do, I'm not worried. I just don't look forward to paying again. I'm saving for a breast lift...

Gillian, I read on another forum that some poeple when they get food stuck, chew a papaya enzyme tablet. Some others drink some pineapple juice. Don't know if it works or not. I had broiled chicken and mashed potatoes last night, no problem, but I did eat slowly.

Well, I'm sure I've bored you all to death by now.-T

hi tamisu!..thanks for that info on the papaya enzyme tablets, ill go to holland and barret and see if i can get some from there. ooh, that sounded painfull when you laughed after your tummy tuck...i hope the curtains were shut or the neighbours will be wondering what the heck your husband was doing!!..I am imagining that it is maybe like when i had caesarians??..think its cos of having to have them that my belly is in a mess now(plus the fat of course!), its hanging and partially numb and muscles have just given up!..hmm, sounds lovely!

Hi everyone OMG i wish i didnt read that post about the nightmare tummytuck that has just scared the life out of me im gona try erase it from my mind or its actually makin me think bout having it over here too... Anyway sad news on fill i FEEL NO DIFFERENT im so dissappointed as i thought it would make a huge difference but anyway i know i cant be too far off now and i cant complain cos fred did give me a very genrous fill for the amount i already had in but i think im down a few lbs but il know in the morn when i weigh cos i only weighed there now and i never trust the weight on scales after morning time but il continue doing what im doing and see how i go... Oh bigsister i defo wont have them falling over me but id love to play the bitch and turn them down cos men are dicks lol and can treat a girl with weight very cruely with smart comments i think i just want confidence to put manners on them lol

Hi Flirty - disappointed to hear you don't feel any different for having the last fill because you were feeling like you had at first weren't you? Hope you do get to turn down any d**k head men who have made cruel comments - how many young girls (and boys) have had any confidence they do have shattered by such ignorant people who have to make themselves feel good by making others feel s**t? You're too good for em anyway, extra weight or not! Bigsister x

Fatpants here, I just read about the Tummy Tuck scenario, as someone else said everyone is different, that poor lady just had bad luck....

Anyway I was wondering about the pre-op diet, do you get instructions on what or how much to eat? Or is it left up to yourself - just eat low fat?

Fatpants

Fatpants here, I just read about the Tummy Tuck scenario, as someone else said everyone is different, that poor lady just had bad luck....

Anyway I was wondering about the pre-op diet, do you get instructions on what or how much to eat? Or is it left up to yourself - just eat low fat?

Fatpants

Hi fatpants, the info sheets from Frederick and Dr Chris just say low fat diet, so I have'nt done it, I wished they given specific info, because I just dont do LOW FAT, I would need bullying and very strict instruction to stick to anything, something like :- DO NOT EAT might have worked for a few days. So, as you can amagine i'm 4 days off going to Belgium and have'nt started low fat anything.

But on a good note my blood pressure has droped to an acceptable level, and my colesterol is normal. Lets hope the snow storms hold off, the snow around Bristol is still very high at around 2ft plus, and the severn bridge is still closed.

Hi fatpants dr chris askes you to do a low fat diet 2 weeks b4 your surgery because it makes your liver shrink and this then makes the operation easier and safer for the surgeon, it is hard to do but it is worth putting extra effort in x

Hi mmm well done on your blood pressure im sure thats a weight off your mind, dont worry to much bwt not doing the low fat diet you wont be the only one who hasnt done it. iv had a look on sky news and the weather for thursday is awfull.. im meant to be going to manchester for my fill but if its as bad as they say i wont be going till the month after x

Hi wishfull i got 3ml for my first fill.... hi bigsister yeah im quiet disappointed but im not gona get in bad form over it just continue with what im doing and hope for the best

Thanx for that flirtylass, glad your not feeling down about your fill.. i think youve got the right attitude and that's why you have done so well and will continue to do well, keep it up x

wahay iv just had to buy a pair of jeans.. a size smaller. On the down side iv cheated today, i had a twix finger. Its coming to that time of the month and i needed a chocolate fix, wont be doing it again tho.. i didnt even enjoy it so i dont know why i ate the whole finger x

Welldone Wishfull thats great news.........keep up the good work!! x

Hi girlies...still havent had the time to read all through the posts while I was on holiday.

What is WLS that you are all talking about, that do fills, and whereabouts are they ...do they do it by x-ray or not?

I live in Cheshire, and if I am fortunate enough to have my op on 26th Feb, I have 2 free fills in the Spire (was Bupa) Southampton.

But its such a long trek, hubby says we have to allow 4 hours on Thursday when I go for pre-op tests, in case of traffic hold-ups or bad weather.:)