Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi gillian, ur a bit naughty having those chocolates.. but i wouldnt worry bwt the weight loss cos mine is still stuck at 15lb and i havnt cheated once.. maybe i should have chocolate or something. My stitches are fine now so maybe it might be worth you asking your dr can they take them out for you. x

Hi wishfull. it seems like a magic number this 15lb!...i have read that other people have stuck there too!..maybe its our bodies reaction and its fighting to keep it?!. mind you, i have cheated a little, but you havent..maybe mine will kick start when i get working tomorrow..cos its quite physical..dont feel like i should be doing it though..but needs must..i feel fine in every way except these bloody stitches!..they dent inwards and i look like a deep buttoned settee!! lol! x

Hi wishfull. it seems like a magic number this 15lb!...i have read that other people have stuck there too!..maybe its our bodies reaction and its fighting to keep it?!. mind you, i have cheated a little, but you havent..maybe mine will kick start when i get working tomorrow..cos its quite physical..dont feel like i should be doing it though..but needs must..i feel fine in every way except these bloody stitches!..they dent inwards and i look like a deep buttoned settee!! lol! x

That will be the extra large, comfortable, reclining, deep buttoned settee with extra padding then will it little sister? Why not look underneath your cushions for a bit of loose change if you need a bit of cash?!

Thank-you to wishful & TC for your birthday wishes. Back to the straight and narrow tomorrow after my over-indulging over the last few days!!! Well, if you can't do it for your birthday....when can you???:w00t::blush: Kath.x

Sorry mooster, with the excitement of my birthday yesterday, I forgot to say a belated happy birthday to you too for last Thursday. As you say, if you can't indulge yourself a bit on your birthday, when can you and I expect you savoured every bit of your treats so don't feel guilty! Bigsister x

That will be the extra large, comfortable, reclining, deep buttoned settee with extra padding then will it little sister? Why not look underneath your cushions for a bit of loose change if you need a bit of cash?!

yes thats the one...i looked down the back of the cushions for spare pennies but only found a half eaten mouldy biscuit...mmm, delicious!

Ok iv just mailed dr chris just saying about no restriction and asking how much of a fill can i expect to get thursday also has he stopped coming to dublin cos a lot of people are asking im afraid i didnt have the balls to mention fred but il see if i get a reply

Hi flirtylass, IF dr chris emails you back could you please let us know what he says, How much of a fill did you get for your 1st fill?.

No problem shoes. I am having slim fast, clear Soup, hot chocolate and lots of Water (I'm ok with them all!). I have been putting low cal orange juice in my water (the stuff you dilute) and I'm not sure if that's allowed, but I was getting sick of plain water. They dont give you a diet sheet as such, but in the info pack you are given they advise you of the types of food and drink you should be having at different stages after the op. I emailed Frederik to ask who would be wating for me at the airport and after a second prompt he replied stating his dad would be waiting for me and he would be holding up the company logo sign with my name on it. When I came into the arrivals hall I saw him straight away, so no problems there. I feel fine today thank you -16 pounds off so far, so I'm very happy. T x

TC27 Thanks for that its a great help to know what to expect, thanks to all for tips:wink:

Well done TC on your weight loss so far i say you feel great its all over and your getting a good result :w00t:

Hi FlirtyLass i say you are looking forward to Thursday hope it all goes well for you :blush:

Talking of fills again....

I had a fill with WLS in Cardiff this morning and Wendy is lovely. She took the time to talk to me like an individual and was so warm and welcoming.

I had 1ml put in - taking me up to 5ml altogether. She went through food choices and encouraged me not to 'sabotage' my weight loss, etc.

I have come back feeling 100 times better than when I came back from Fred - just wish I'd gone to them first.

Oh and I was right about the 'con'. Wendy tries to get everyone to full restriction with 3 - 4 fills so it's just a money spinner to string them out so long..... well my opinion anyway.

Yeah I'm stuck at 15 lbs too, lost nothing since my fill 2 weeks ago :w00t: ah well hopefully it should fly off now, lol. Watch this space......

I still dont think its exactly a money spinner cos i know how much id hate a overfill even though i havnt stopped giving out about the fills i think maybe their being cautious as well as making money cos i know in ireland if u get a overfill there are little or no places to get a defill unlike uk but at this stage i dont have a clue i just know im 5and a half months out from surgery and want this band to give me a little help

Talking of fills again....

I had a fill with WLS in Cardiff this morning and Wendy is lovely. She took the time to talk to me like an individual and was so warm and welcoming.

I had 1ml put in - taking me up to 5ml altogether. She went through food choices and encouraged me not to 'sabotage' my weight loss, etc.

I have come back feeling 100 times better than when I came back from Fred - just wish I'd gone to them first.

Oh and I was right about the 'con'. Wendy tries to get everyone to full restriction with 3 - 4 fills so it's just a money spinner to string them out so long..... well my opinion anyway.

Yeah I'm stuck at 15 lbs too, lost nothing since my fill 2 weeks ago :w00t: ah well hopefully it should fly off now, lol. Watch this space......

Hi TL, thanks for the update about WLS. Didn't you just go for a fill last week or week before? Bet you feel bit cheated out of your money don't you? It makes us feel reassured now that gillian and I have made the right choice. I can understand your frustration and money spinner comment, trouble is when you are faced with a professional who is telling you how it should be done, you don't feel in a position to argue as you feel you should be able to trust that they are doing the best for you. I'm sure I've heard of people having a lot more put in on their first fill and obviously if you are having only .5ml at a time, it may well take ages to get any restriction there at all and not everyone can afford this many and also some may even give up from lack of result which is a waste having the surgery in the first place. Glad for you (and for us) that you are feeling more confident now with WLS, thanks again for letting us know. And well done Flirtylass for taking the initiative to e-mail Dr Chris - anyone who has felt less than satisfied with the aftercare/fills should be encouraged to do the same and back her up, bigsister x

Hi TL, thanks for the update about WLS. Didn't you just go for a fill last week or week before?

.......Glad for you (and for us) that you are feeling more confident now with WLS, thanks again for letting us know. , bigsister x

Yeah it was 2 weeks ago in Bristol with Fred when he put in the maximum he was allowed - 4ml. They (WLS) will do fills every 2 weeks if you can get to the right clinic, but I'm happy waiting 4 weeks for my next one. Life starts now for me, I don't wanna be waiting months, that was the whole point of surgery instead of more diet and exercise.

(This time last year I was doing that and it took 5 months to lost 20 lbs and I felt every step on the treadmill, cross trainer, etc. People told me that it was good to lose it slowly as it would stay off - hello!!! :w00t:, went back on in 6 weeks, lol)

Oh god bigsister i wish a few more would mail and back me up cos me alone wont make a difference other than make myself know to them as a complainer and difficult patient id really love to go to wendy but as times are tight im trying to hold on to money but i have the money no probs if it comes to going to her even though i have dropped half stone over the wkend which im very shocked at but im wondering if its Fluid as im going to the loo alot and drinking major amounts of coffee but i was thrilled cos the scales havnt moved no matter how hard i tried in ages so if its a true loss im down 4st 7lbs so i suppose i havnt done bad for being banded 5 an a half months but god i worked hard on my own for every lb i need the band to help me do the rest of the work

Oh god bigsister i wish a few more would mail and back me up cos me alone wont make a difference other than make myself know to them as a complainer and difficult patient id really love to go to wendy but as times are tight im trying to hold on to money but i have the money no probs if it comes to going to her even though i have dropped half stone over the wkend which im very shocked at but im wondering if its Fluid as im going to the loo alot and drinking major amounts of coffee but i was thrilled cos the scales havnt moved no matter how hard i tried in ages so if its a true loss im down 4st 7lbs so i suppose i havnt done bad for being banded 5 an a half months but god i worked hard on my own for every lb i need the band to help me do the rest of the work

Hi Flirtylass, I do hope any others who have felt the same will take the bull by the horns and e-mail as you have. I feel for you having to battle for the weight you have lost so far (which is really impressive by the way) especially if you haven't felt you've been helped by the band yet. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and really hoping you get the right restriction and success you need after your next fill, you've waited long enough! Bigsister x

Ah thanks bigsister for the support im just mortified if chris or fred read this forum anyway thursday will soon be here and we'l see how it go's... I have my treadmill out ready for action this eve gona start doing at least 2hours a wk on it im sure it'l help as i never do any exercise i hope it'l speed up the process a little it'l defo be a shock to the system lol

Hi flirtylass, congratulations on your weight loss.. you have done great. 4 stone 7lb is amazing and i only hope i do as well as you have. Your bound to lose a bit more once you get on the treadmill.. do you know if you are allowed yo use "leg magic" cos in one of the information sheets we were given it says not to use vibrating exercise machines, it doesnt exactly vibrate but it isnt smooth, i just dont want to disrupt the port.