Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

:wink2: Hello to all of Dr Chris De Bruynes lapbanders. I am booked for surgery on14th november and am travelling alone. Is anyone else booked for that day? I will be staying at the campinalle. I thought it best to leave the husband at home in case things go wrong and he needs to be with yhe wee lad. Its all a bit scarey. Anyone out there who regrets it?:laugh:

Hi everyone, im back on British soil. I was banded on Weds and am feeling great. The hospital is so clean you can slurpe your Soup off the floor lol. I have never seen so many cleaners, two at a time sometimes, not only cleaning the floor but under the beds and it didnt smell of disinfectant at all. The nurses were fantastic.

I saw Dr Chris on the tuesday night, he is very efficent and goes through the whole procedure with you step by step and will answer any questions you have, he does talk a bit quick lol so make sure you catch everything he says.

I was out of the hospital just after 1 oclock on the Thursday. I only had a bit of gas pain which was in my shoulders but I walked to the nearby town when I got back and its true what they say about walking the gas out lol then on Friday I took the train into Brussels and did a bit of sight seeing.

For all of you that are about to go on this adventure, dont worry everything will be ok, your fears are only natural, I had many times when I asked myself if I was doing the right thing, but so far so good.

In the hospital I met a women who was having a Tummy Tuck after losing over 10 stone in 18 months, she was looking fantastic and an inspiration, and now I know that I made the right choice even though its only been a few days after the op.

GOOD LUCK CHRISSY4 AND VANESSAPC looking forward to talking to you both soon happy banding
:w00t: Hello to all of Dr Chris De Bruynes lapbanders. I am booked for surgery on14th november and am travelling alone. Is anyone else booked for that day? I will be staying at the campinalle. I thought it best to leave the husband at home in case things go wrong and he needs to be with yhe wee lad. Its all a bit scarey. Anyone out there who regrets it?:eek:

Hiya kintyrekitty, dont worry nothing is going to go wrong, and yes it is scary but you couldnt be in better hands. I also travelled alone but didnt have any problems:thumbup:

HI all, i am being banded 28th Nov, was really nervous until i read this site and now i'm just excited. Still searching for flights though!, anyone else being done on that day would love to hear from anyone

Can anyone tell me did they have a [problem taking 3950 euros into the country as i know some places you can take a limited amount of money into the country

7hinking of flying with Ryanair only my flight on sunday is at 7am and wondering if the trains run at that time in the morning?

Hi bytheseaside, I didnt have any trouble at all taking that amount of money in, I just took in the biggest notes i could lol so didnt look like a lot in the end.

If you are asking about trains running in Brussells at that time in the morning then yes they do:thumbup:

hi.

I still havent packed!!!... I'm always this slow..but i get there in the end...lol... its good to hear praise fro a recent bander.. I'm certain we will have the same stories to tell.... I certainly do hope we meet.. would be nice to have that glass of Water whilst dreaming of white wine!!..

Hi Vanessa sorry that we didnt get a chance to meet. How are you feeling. How did you get on?:w00t:

Gastric Banding Surgery Gastric Band

hi

off to belgium on thursday all booked and cant wait!! :thumbup:Havent met dr chris yet but have researched him well. Going by eurostar and more worried about train times!! even though i have gone over my intinery 20,000 times!! will fill you all in soon:lol:

Hi Sparky I also travelled by eurostar and it was a breeze, dont worry. Good luck for Thursday:thumbup:

:confused_smile:hi one of my friends needs a band, she a single mum who has a family history of diabetes, angina and high blood pressure, her bmi is approx 48 and she lives in gwent south wales but is not able to afford to go to brussels like us. does anyone out there know what the chances are of her gp funding a band.I know it is basically a postcode lottery so is there anyone in her area who knows the score. many thanks :biggrin:

Hi Vanessa sorry that we didnt get a chance to meet. How are you feeling. How did you get on?:biggrin:

hi.

took a wander around to see if I could someone who might be you.think you might have gone to surgery before I managed to get out of bed!! unlike yourself, I am making a very slow recovery.. still experiencing waves of nauseous... and abdo. pain.. I dont know how you managed sight seeing aswell... I barely managed to get home without having to lie down in the airport !!!

Generally my advice to anyone travelling, is to go home a couple of days after discharge... you never know how you'll feel... and travelling if feeling really awful is no joke..

Hiya kintyrekitty, dont worry nothing is going to go wrong, and yes it is scary but you couldnt be in better hands. I also travelled alone but didnt have any problems:thumbup:

I'm sure you'll be fine..but I'm very glad i took my husband with me.. for instance.. you dont feel so alone .. you know you'll have a visitor.. if something was to go wrong.. you have him to help sort things out...

I felt awful post op... my husbands support wa s invaluable.. my advice re taking hubby.. think again!!!!

hi.

took a wander around to see if I could someone who might be you.think you might have gone to surgery before I managed to get out of bed!! unlike yourself, I am making a very slow recovery.. still experiencing waves of nauseous... and abdo. pain.. I dont know how you managed sight seeing aswell... I barely managed to get home without having to lie down in the airport !!!

Generally my advice to anyone travelling, is to go home a couple of days after discharge... you never know how you'll feel... and travelling if feeling really awful is no joke..

Awwww never mind maybe we will meet for that shopping trip lol. Im sorry to hear you are not to well, I must of just been one of the lucky ones because I didnt get any sickness just gas in the shoulders and a bit light headed but apart from that I was up and about very quickly and to be honest could of gone home on Friday but thought it best to stay just in case, so went sight seeing instead. It only hurts a little in my tummy when I bend over, but apart from that everything is fine. Didnt much fancy doing the injections lol but have learnt very quickly to do them and they dont hurt at all.

And of course you are right about taking your partners or friends with you if you can, its a bit lonely recovering on your own, but you get throu it :biggrin:

How are you doing on the liquid diet, im begining to feel a bit hungrey now and am constantly drinking tea, cuppa Soups, apple juice and milk lol

:confused_smile:hi one of my friends needs a band, she a single mum who has a family history of diabetes, angina and high blood pressure, her bmi is approx 48 and she lives in gwent south wales but is not able to afford to go to brussels like us. does anyone out there know what the chances are of her gp funding a band.I know it is basically a postcode lottery so is there anyone in her area who knows the score. many thanks :biggrin:

Hi jojoyoung, the best thing your friend can do it go chat to her GP, with her bmi and family history she may stand a very good chance:thumbup:

hi chriisy4, so glad everything worked out great for you and that you had no problems,reading about your trip has eased my worries a lot cos were off this thurs, bless us. my friend has an appointment at the doctors this wed so im keeeping my fingers crossed for her. how is the appetite now, are you hungry, when did they recommend that you have your first fill?

came back from belgium yesterday...hospital absolutley spotless, staff very friendly, dr chris and fredrick very informative. Bit sore and emotional and trapped wind killing me at present but all worth it!!

Only annoyance is that i am now told no consultations in bristol which i have been told all along, nearest for me is london 4hrs out of my way but all good!

hi, glad all was well for you, i was also told there was a clinic in bristol i even asked for the address, which i checked out on the net that there was such an address. Thats very naughty if they have mislead us.

lot of contradicting advice... i was told there was one in bristol but not any more, so why still advertise it? I was told only yesterday by fredrick (one of dr chris team) that he visits bristol once a month?? i spoke to the aftercare team and they state they are trying to organise different premises...so fingers crossed. And ive also been informed that first fills are not free as also first advertised and informed..