Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Morning all

Hope everyone is well and looking after themselves.

Have moved my fill appointment to the end of February as restriction is definately there and it would just silly to go and spend £80 and have a 0.5ml when I know it will just close it up further. Still only really managing lumpy Soup but a couple of nights ago I did manage a small piece of pork chop with 2 pieces of broccoli and 2 chantennay carrots. Took me a while to chew my way through but I did it. But then the next night absolute hell and felt dreadful. The band is so variable!

Anyway weight loss wise I have now lost a total of 63 pounds and 52 inches so very pleased. Lots of people are asking me - have you lost weight? One of my colleagues came running up to me at the end of the school day and said "How have you lost all your weight? Have you cheated?" I wanted to know what she meant by cheated and her reference was to certain shelf bought shakes. So I explained that I was using a nutritional supplement and had had a gastric band! She's doing WW and is happy with her loss etc and was open and honest and said she likes her food too much. It did make me smile.

Anyway, off to teach baby massage and then dentists appointments for the children and I - should be fun! Ohh and to raise a concern that my local hospital has restricted birthing mums to one birth partner only! Letter being processed as I write. So hopefully we will get the result we want that you can't restrict womens rights and their choices.

Anyway just stepping off soap box

Take care.

Claire

Have a good day and take care of yourselves.

your doing so well claire you will be at target in no time lol,and you keep up your great work of sticking up for us mum's xxx

and you keep up your great work of sticking up for us mum's xxx

It turns out that they haven't stopped mums having two birth partners so glad I telephoned the Labour Ward.

It seems that they are fine about two birth partners, but they have cancelled hospital tours and only partners are allowed on the Postnatal wards.

If you know anyone who is pregnant and due soon then it would be good for them to check their local maternity units to see what they are advising as they are all different and it 's linked to a "potential" flu epidemic.

Have fun

hi rosie cheeks and daisy,i think that was you two today in for the fill,there were so many people talking i didnt get talking to you and didnt want to shout is that you rosie cheeks lol incase i embarresed you he he,you will feel a bit better after that fill it should start to help now xx

Hi Slinx - I was wondering after you left if that was you...I heard the accent and my head was doing overtime but it was very busy at that particular time - we will meet yet lol. As you said Chris Duprez is really nice and friendly and he really does make it painless in every way. We now have 5 ml in our bands and I am def feeling restriction this time - takes a bit of getting uses to after it being slack for so long. So hopefully the weight will begin to shift. Keep me posted as to how you are getting on...good lucj ;)

Ahh Slinx you are gonna feel a lot of restriction I expect, but remember that the band changes from day to day.

I have 6 in and dont have the restriction I had before the defill.

Still toying with having .5 put back in, seems such a lot of money for just that bit.

Yesterday I didnt eat until 4:30 pm was just too busy, but when I came to eat my tea I could only manage a few mouthfuls and then felt dreadfully sick. I was prolly full of wind lol.

I have lost 2.2lbs since the fill on 13th January but nothing more :( amazing how it goes on so fast but takes forever to come back off.

Does anyone know the date in Feb for the Manchester fills?

Ahh Slinx you are gonna feel a lot of restriction I expect, but remember that the band changes from day to day.

I have 6 in and dont have the restriction I had before the defill.

Still toying with having .5 put back in, seems such a lot of money for just that bit.

Yesterday I didnt eat until 4:30 pm was just too busy, but when I came to eat my tea I could only manage a few mouthfuls and then felt dreadfully sick. I was prolly full of wind lol.

I have lost 2.2lbs since the fill on 13th January but nothing more :( amazing how it goes on so fast but takes forever to come back off.

Does anyone know the date in Feb for the Manchester fills?

manchester is on the 10th freckles ive just lookied lol,i cant believe up till now i can hardly eat so weird,two bites of a sandwhich and im full,hopefully i can fit some more food in,it does seem like alot of money for the .5 but if it gets you going again hun,unless you wait a bit and see if you lose anymore form the last fill xx

Had to share this as it was truly scrumptious and I added shredded chicken (as the others had roast chicken)

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5898/speedy-sweet-potato-soup-with-coconut

Enjoy.

Claire

Thanx Slinx.

You're lucky that you can bite a sandwich, you shouldnt be able to eat bread at all sweetheart.

But if that works for you, go for it.

Well I had a few mouthfuls of sunday lunch, no potatoes, and couldnt eat anymore, so we'll see if the weight goes down.

Thanx Slinx.

You're lucky that you can bite a sandwich, you shouldnt be able to eat bread at all sweetheart.

But if that works for you, go for it.

Well I had a few mouthfuls of sunday lunch, no potatoes, and couldnt eat anymore, so we'll see if the weight goes down.

i have noticed i can only have about 3 mouthfulls of anything up to now lol,i use that ww bread it brown and really thin im glad i can eat it he he,hopefully my weight will budge now xx and so will yours freckles xx

Hey everyone

So I'm still on the liquid diet post band surgery. Was that fed up with it that I decided to have some mash and pureed veg. Bad idea. I thought I was dying after a few bites. 've never felt anything like that before. It was weird. I also have this terrible stabbing pain just above the left side of one of the incisions. It's over the incision and then hits my collar bone. Is this normal?

Went to my doc to get my stitches out the other day. She was amazed by my trip to Belgium and was very supportive. When I was with her another doc was calling from the same surgery asking if she knew anything about lap band surgery. Another patient is thinking of getting it done in Blackrock and it's costing €21,000!!!

Does anyone know if I have to book an appointment for a fill in Dublin or can you just walk into the clinic without one? Oh and does anyone know when Fred is back?

Hey Val

Great to hear from you. How are you? I didn't go to work on the Monday. Was still in a lot of pain. Went back on Friday after stitches came out. Have some pain and still very restricted. Was stupid enough to try some mash and veg and suffered so bad after a couple of spoonfuls. Will be back to the homemade Soup.

My pain is strange. It's like a stabbing pain on my left side and it radiates up to my collar bone. Hope all is well with you. Might see you for the first fill in Feb x

hey

how are you. Val here. how are you doing. i was fine as soon as i got home. i was worried about the flight but when i got home i dropped the case and drove down to the shop for some liquids and had a nice shower. felt fine after that.

M suggested using ice lollies to take away some of the swelling if you suck them it takes the tightness away and i found them great i have to say.

have to say i have very little pain just a little discomfort and the painkiller they gave takes that away.

if you are not up to going back to work monday don't risk injuring yourself..it's not worth it

i'm going in on mon but i have a desk job and if i am struggling will take a day off mid week. but yours is is a heavy job and he did say if it is to take up to 3 weeks

V

Hey everyone

So I'm still on the liquid diet post band surgery. Was that fed up with it that I decided to have some mash and pureed veg. Bad idea. I thought I was dying after a few bites. 've never felt anything like that before. It was weird. I also have this terrible stabbing pain just above the left side of one of the incisions. It's over the incision and then hits my collar bone. Is this normal?

Went to my doc to get my stitches out the other day. She was amazed by my trip to Belgium and was very supportive. When I was with her another doc was calling from the same surgery asking if she knew anything about lap band surgery. Another patient is thinking of getting it done in Blackrock and it's costing €21,000!!!

Does anyone know if I have to book an appointment for a fill in Dublin or can you just walk into the clinic without one? Oh and does anyone know when Fred is back?

hi dub girl all done and dusted,not sure about the pain your having maybe some of the others had this,yes you do have to book your fills phone julie to make appointment not sure when freddy back but chris duprez does fills as well xx

Thanks Slinky. I'll ask about the pain when I get my fill. How are you getting on?

hi dub girl all done and dusted,not sure about the pain your having maybe some of the others had this,yes you do have to book your fills phone julie to make appointment not sure when freddy back but chris duprez does fills as well xx

Thanks Slinky. I'll ask about the pain when I get my fill. How are you getting on?

not too bad hun that last fill seems to have done the trick up till now lol can only have wee bits of food, hopefully the weight will start comming off now yay xx

Hey Val

Great to hear from you. How are you? I didn't go to work on the Monday. Was still in a lot of pain. Went back on Friday after stitches came out. Have some pain and still very restricted. Was stupid enough to try some mash and veg and suffered so bad after a couple of spoonfuls. Will be back to the homemade Soup.

My pain is strange. It's like a stabbing pain on my left side and it radiates up to my collar bone. Hope all is well with you. Might see you for the first fill in Feb x

Hey

i'm good. i started a bit of mushy diet.

scrammbled eggs are fine and i would have thought a bit of fish would be ok really soft and in a sauce but it just blocks straight away!

being not the quitter i tried it again and same thing. horrible feeling stabbing pain not sure if thats the same as you're having or not. i'm hoping not to repeat the experience.

so sticking to yougurt, liga (baby food), soup and eggs,

dunno what to mush up next.

smoothies are nice. they are coffee are my new going out treat. i have also managed to keep my op a secret....so far anyway lol

i still have my stich couldn't get off work to make an appointment, and didn't have a little stich remover here, so today i get rid of that

keep in touch

Val

got my stitch out today.

i know this sounds strange but i'm assuming the port scar is the scar beside the one where the drain was.

i can't feel mine.

saying that i'm prob not poking to much cos its still a bit tender :D