Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

charlene

glad you got home the report on the airports are not good at all.

i have friends who will not get home for christmas.

I know about the nerves telling friends

i have told one friend but i explained to her more than just to make me feel better about myself. I want to see my health improve. i already have high blood pressure and feel very unfit. i know a few stone lighter and i will feel better. and the costs will def be worth it when we avoid medical problems

how are you finding the injections?

are they awful

charlene

glad you got home the report on the airports are not good at all.

i have friends who will not get home for christmas.

I know about the nerves telling friends

i have told one friend but i explained to her more than just to make me feel better about myself. I want to see my health improve. i already have high blood pressure and feel very unfit. i know a few stone lighter and i will feel better. and the costs will def be worth it when we avoid medical problems

how are you finding the injections?

are they awful

hi honeybelle dont worry about the injections im needle phobic,i wouldnt even let them give me my drip in my arm until i was in surgery lol they arnt bad you just pinch some fat which i think we have all got a bit of lol and inject it i done my own so it cant be that bad,bet ya getting excited now hun,but dont take too much you wont need it and you dont want a heavy suitcase when your tender

I am ok with needles and the injections you can't really feel at all, my flabby bits must be too big haha!! It's just aswell I dont mind needles cos before I went for my op, they were supposed to take blood and obviously forgot so they were rushing. Anyway my veins arent the best at most of the time and they were finding it hard so they opted for the veins at my wrist....OH MY LORD I was ready for punching her in the face :(( you could tell she was rushing and desperate to get this blood drawn but I honeslty thought I was going to pass out, the blood was dripping out my wrist everywhere and the time I got down to theatre Dr Chris came to see me and he was really really angry at the nurses when he seen my wrist. I have huge bruises all over my arm so ive had to hide them incase people think i'm up to something lol but that wasnt the best experience! Not trying to put you off but maybe best to remind them to take your blood, I was in there at 7 and my op was at 1 yet they left it til 12.55 to take it :/ apart from that it was a good experience lol and the nurses were really lovely.

I can't believe I have lost 10lbs already since having the op......does a bit of that go back on or am I home free?LOL :D I am finding the whole liquid diet easy but I think it's cos i'm not hungry, it's completely different when you try that kind of diet and constantly hungry but it's going well so far. Just wondering though...see how they give you crispbreads in hospital, is it ok to have them at this stage too cos I really liked them? They sort of melt in your mouth anyway but yummy with butter and jam :) Think that's what I will be having for xmas dinner lol xx

I am ok with needles and the injections you can't really feel at all, my flabby bits must be too big haha!! It's just aswell I dont mind needles cos before I went for my op, they were supposed to take blood and obviously forgot so they were rushing. Anyway my veins arent the best at most of the time and they were finding it hard so they opted for the veins at my wrist....OH MY LORD I was ready for punching her in the face :(( you could tell she was rushing and desperate to get this blood drawn but I honeslty thought I was going to pass out, the blood was dripping out my wrist everywhere and the time I got down to theatre Dr Chris came to see me and he was really really angry at the nurses when he seen my wrist. I have huge bruises all over my arm so ive had to hide them incase people think i'm up to something lol but that wasnt the best experience! Not trying to put you off but maybe best to remind them to take your blood, I was in there at 7 and my op was at 1 yet they left it til 12.55 to take it :/ apart from that it was a good experience lol and the nurses were really lovely.

I can't believe I have lost 10lbs already since having the op......does a bit of that go back on or am I home free?LOL :D I am finding the whole liquid diet easy but I think it's cos i'm not hungry, it's completely different when you try that kind of diet and constantly hungry but it's going well so far. Just wondering though...see how they give you crispbreads in hospital, is it ok to have them at this stage too cos I really liked them? They sort of melt in your mouth anyway but yummy with butter and jam :) Think that's what I will be having for xmas dinner lol xx

im a pansy lol that why i refused all needles until i was in surgery lol,i think you should keep that off i lost 14lb in two weeks then it slows down and you can go up and down by a few pounds, i got my band at the end of july and for some reason they were'nt comming to northern ireland so i couldnt get my first fill untill september,then my second in october,then i have left now until after xmas but my appetite is back big time lol cant wait for my next fill,think crisp bread should be ok when i got back i was having a shake for brek and lunch and half tin of tom Soup for my tea and after 10 days went onto mushy food like weetabix for brek,homemade veg soup blended and mash and gravy for tea lol

I am dreading when my appetite returns, need to train my brain lol! So Monday I start mushy foods yippeeee! Mash and gravy is something I am looking forward to and weetabix, I miss weetabix! I havent cooked home made Soup in a while, maybe I should start doing that cos it's much nicer than tins or cup a Soups and at least my daughter can have some too. She keeps sipping my milkshakes when im out the room lol think she wants to be on the same diet :) Do you manage bread ok? My downfall was probably bread and although i'm not missing it just now, I do like a slice of toast for brekkie but if its a no no or better off without then I will stick to weeabix and ready brek xx

Hi

I have decided to get the procedure done - just have to save up for it. I live in uk and want to go to Brussels as it seems cheapest and safest there. Anyone know of the above?

Thanks

Hi Susan

I am being banded by Dr Chris next week - 29th Dec. I also live in London. From what I have heard he is a good surgeon. I do not know whether I should be excited or not. I posted a similar post to yours so perhaps you can lookout for any replies to my post as we.

Merry Christmas

I am dreading when my appetite returns, need to train my brain lol! So Monday I start mushy foods yippeeee! Mash and gravy is something I am looking forward to and weetabix, I miss weetabix! I havent cooked home made Soup in a while, maybe I should start doing that cos it's much nicer than tins or cup a Soups and at least my daughter can have some too. She keeps sipping my milkshakes when im out the room lol think she wants to be on the same diet :) Do you manage bread ok? My downfall was probably bread and although i'm not missing it just now, I do like a slice of toast for brekkie but if its a no no or better off without then I will stick to weeabix and ready brek xx

hi hun bread normally is a prob although it goes down easier toasted but it does get stuck and when it happens you will know about it it's awful lol,homemade soup is great i put pulses in mine and just veggies just so im gettins some goodness lol :D

Hi Susan

I am being banded by Dr Chris next week - 29th Dec. I also live in London. From what I have heard he is a good surgeon. I do not know whether I should be excited or not. I posted a similar post to yours so perhaps you can lookout for any replies to my post as we.

Merry Christmas

hi kristal i dont think susan is on here anymore,she started the post in 2007 but you never know lol,i was done with dr chris as most of the people on here and i thought he was fab he is the second buisiest surgeon in europe and does about 30 surgeries a week,that is why i chose him and the package price is fab it's 4150 euro i think for 3 nights in a hotel for 2 peeps,taxi's to and from hospital and airport and your surgery your there for 3 night altogether and they travel over for you fills wich are about £100 per fill,but all in all great service ;)

Last night and today i've been getting uncomfortable feelings in my chest, I wouldnt say it hurts but it comes and goes. It gets uncomfortable and then makes a rumble lol like your belly would.....is this a sign that I should eat or something? My mum could hear it at the other end of the livingroom!!

xx

Oh yes and I agree, great package and service :)

xx

Last night and today i've been getting uncomfortable feelings in my chest, I wouldnt say it hurts but it comes and goes. It gets uncomfortable and then makes a rumble lol like your belly would.....is this a sign that I should eat or something? My mum could hear it at the other end of the livingroom!!

xx

it's prob from when you have eat or drank somthing your stomach is like when you pull the plug out of the sink like gurgling,that is what happens when you get fills too or it could be wind,because you will still have swelling inside and it takes about 10 days to heal then you should be fine

Ah I wasn't quite sure what it was, it goes when I do eat...hopefully disappears soon :)

Merry Christmas to everyone, hope santa is good to you all!

Dont think I will sleep tonight lol xx

thats good news about the injections. i don't mind needle as long as someone else does them for me. otherwise i'm there...ok on the count of three ..then 3 comes and nothing happens :)

10 lbs is great well done charlene.

so the liquid diet is not bad eh! think the last time i was on a liquid diet was as a baby

slinky what do you normally eat now

and of course happy christmas everybody :)

Did everyone have a good xmas? I was dreading the dinner time etc but I actually managed it, I cooked it all myself and everyone tucked into yummy food while I had a shake lol had a great day though and got very spoilt :) hope everyone else had a nice day. Been having such a lazy day today watching lots of films and I dont intend on doing anything else lol.

I dont really find the liquid diet hard honeybelle, ive tried all the slimfast shakes etc before but they never filled me up so it was really hard to stick to but now I cant finish a full shake. Just hoping when the mushy and solid stage comes it will be as easy, im a bit nervous tbh!

Not long to go til your date :D

xxx