Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi all, been really busy with work i am looking forward for the half term break next week I'm also very excited I am having my second fill. Well have had no weight lost after the first fill despite eatting small potion but have lost a total of 10kg since the surgery in August.

hi slinky have you had your second fill yet?

ahh thanx Slinx, at least I can get a cuppa.

That's about £8 or £14 or so isnt it, expensive, but I hear Belgium is dear.

I thought the hospital was quite near to the hotel, but it must'nt be within walking distance then?

I think that you can just about walk it to the hospital but not sure if it's easy to find!! I don't remember it being too far. I guess taxi's have to charge a minimum fare. I found Bruges pretty expensive. We did a bit of a road trip and stayed in Bruges for a few days then Brussels. The euro exchange rate was bad then though - pretty much one to one.

The hospital were really relaxed about visiting. They let you stay pretty much as long as you like. Hubby disappeared for a few hours after my surgery. I wondered what on earth he was doing but he was in A&E with Harrison who'd rolled off the changing table onto the floor lol! He was OK though!!

Ur daughter will be in good hands and it's great ur there to support her. It'll be great to meet up - I didn't fancy moving to Turkey but there will be lots of free holidays :). Best of both worlds I say!!

Oh I've booked an adjustment for 7th November. Gonna have a bit taken out and then it put back in in a few weeks and hope I get better restriction without the indigestion/reflux!!

I measured myself before - my waist is only a few cm's less than my hips :w00t:. Most of my clothes are hanging off my bum but the next size down is too tight around the waist - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Hi Gang

I have been suffering from quite a bit of pain from the port site over the last week or so - port feels quite prominent too. I have been doing a lot of hill walking with the dogs and wondered is it just because my stomach muscles are being used more or could something be wrong?!?!

Hubby is worried that the port may have torn away from muscle wall or flipped round - god I hope not

Going to see Doc Chris tomorrow for fill no 4 so fingers crossed he will tell me everything is ok and its just because I am doing a lot more exercise

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

K xx

Scooby - I've not experienced anything like that but I've not got into doing much exercise :)! Hopefully as you say it could just be the increase in exercise that's effecting ur port slightly. It's good ur seeing Dr Chris tomorrow, let us know what he says and good luck xxxx

hi slinky have you had your second fill yet?

hi laila your doing well hun,having my second fill tom yay cant wait,trying to do a bit of walking but im lazy like that,i hate walking but if there were a walk with 4 mile of shops i would walk it happily lol,freckles i think it is about a 15-20 min walk,but with lost of twist and turns and a bit of a grey town i would jump a cab lol:tongue_smilie:

Just seen to advert half way up the page for all you cat eat in London £5 - no wonder it's so cheap advertising on here! I don't we'd be getting our monies worth lol!! Unless it was our last supper/s of course!:wink2:

That will be nice Sammy with the holidays, something to look forward to.

I dont think I need a defill, cos I'm losing and dont get the acid reflux now, cos I've stopped myself eating after 7pm, and its worked for me. I do get an acidy feeling often in the daytime though, even after drinking water!!! Whats that all about??

You must be so happy with your clothes hanging off you chick, its such a wonderful feeling knowing that this band works.

Give yourself a bit of time hun, your baby is still young so the waist will shrink soon. xxx

Hi everyone - well done on all the weight losses - this forum is definitely getting lighter by the day. Your are keeping all us pre-bandsters going with your stories

Good luck to all who is heading away soon - Freckles I am so sorry that we are missing you by a few days but hope all goes well for your daughter.

Well Daisy and I have stated the pre-op diet and are on the countdown - have that feeling of nerves and excitement all rolled into one - cant believe it has come around so quick at the end..

Just wondering do you get weighed in the hospital before the op - havent heard no-one mention it and was just curious.

RC xx

Scooby, thats such a worry I do hope everythings ok with your port.

I often get a bit of discomfort from the port, but mine had moved according to Freddyboy, its tilted, but hey it still works, so I can put up with it.

You are probably putting strain on the muscles with all the uphill walking, but I'm sure Dr Chris will know and put your mind at ease.

I think all you guys who exercise are so good, I dont have the damn energy.

Thanx Slinky and Sammy about the distance from the hotel to hospital, I think I'll grab that cab after all lol.

Rosie, I'm gutted that you wont be there when we are, what a shame :wink2:

Good luck to you and Daisy, though I bet you wont need it. When do you get the surgery?

I dont think they do weigh you before the op, but someone who's been will tell you.

Take care xxx

Just a thought Rosie, are you taking the Milk Thistle tabs to cleanse your liver?

They do work you know, my daughter has been on them for a few weeks now, and I take them every day as I like a drink, so they help.

Sammy where did you get yours from? I know they were stronger than Holland and Barrets.

Freckles et al , did you see Caroline vickers tube video? She hasn't posted week 3 and I'm just wondering if she's ok. Can't remember shock thread she was on? Utube is Mrsvickers101. Jude x

I know Freckles its just the way it works. Thanks for the advice re: milk thistle tablets - will get on the ball today. We are being banded Tues 2nd Nov - flying into Belgium Mon - is there anyone else going the same time??