Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

thanks for all your good lucks, yes I will keep you posted, Freckles can I ask why have you been banded twice? sorry if I am being nosey xx

Of course you're not being nosey hun, its not a problem.

I was banded twice because my first band done in December 2005 developed a leak after 2 years.

My story is in this thread quite a long way back, about 2008

I had to pay again, but at a reduced rate, but the total for both bands cost almost £10000, still paying the loan.:)

BUT!!! I was not banded by Dr Chris. He will do it free of charge providing you have all your fills with his company, which is fair enough, and a credit to him, for being such a good person.

Initially after the leak I was going to Belgium with Dr Chris, but with the discount given to me by the Bupa it worked out cheaper to have it done by my original surgeon, who is a lovely man, but works for the Bupa and he managed to get me a new band free of charge, but i still had to pay for the op.

Edited by Freckles

hi all iv just been banded i have a bit of wind and my port side is sore but apart from that im ok

Hi Sweety! How are you getting on? Im a newbie on here :rolleyes:Im not banded yet but I am thinking of going to Belgium next month to get it done.. Did you go with Dr Chris? Where did you stay? Tell me all hun I hope your fully recovered and doing great xxx:thumbup:

Hi Hunnybee, you wont regret the decision to get banded. Good luck and ask as many questions as you like someone will always reply.

Of course you're not being nosey hun, its not a problem.

I was banded twice because my first band done in December 2005 developed a leak after 2 years.

My story is in this thread quite a long way back, about 2008

I had to pay again, but at a reduced rate, but the total for both bands cost almost £10000, still paying the loan.:)

BUT!!! I was not banded by Dr Chris. He will do it free of charge providing you have all your fills with his company, which is fair enough, and a credit to him, for being such a good person.

Initially after the leak I was going to Belgium with Dr Chris, but with the discount given to me by the Bupa it worked out cheaper to have it done by my original surgeon, who is a lovely man, but works for the Bupa and he managed to get me a new band free of charge, but i still had to pay for the op.

Thanks Freckles... I think you know what I was thinking!! :)

I think I am looking for all things that may go wrong.. one day at a time.... thanks again xxx

Can I be a pest and ask how to transfer money into an international account? It's for the deposit, I went to my bank and the girl said she couldnt do it :) she was being rather nosey asking what it was for, so I said medical treatment and she said nope we cant :) I assumed that it being my bank account I could send it wherever I wanted x

I wish there was someone going over same time as me....maybe I can try and persuade one of my friends to come for a mini break lol x

Charlene, our flights not until night time either, we just booked another night, so my daughter could rest for the day, but there are 2 of us to split the cost. I'm sure there will be a comfy chair for you to sit in for a few hours, shame you cant have a drink like you say.

Slinx, the drink was Calpol lol, I hope she's ok cos my other daughter wasnt she was really weak and in pain, but she only had the night in hospital and came out the next day, her surgery had taken place in the evening. You do need the rest before travelling. My poor girl had to lay on the back seat of the car for a 2 hour journey from the Midlands.

i know what you mean freckles,having the extra night in the hotel she will be fine and plus you are having the hotel up until you leave trust me she will be brilliant by then xx:wink2:

Hi Sweety! How are you getting on? Im a newbie on here :rolleyes:Im not banded yet but I am thinking of going to Belgium next month to get it done.. Did you go with Dr Chris? Where did you stay? Tell me all hun I hope your fully recovered and doing great xxx:thumbup:

hi hunnybee,i went with dr chris and thought everything was great,care,op,hotel,you get a package including op,taxis and hotel for two for three night for 4100 euro which is great value,i think the throwing up thing can happen to anyone,depending on the food or if its not chewed enough,i think you learn as you go along what you can and cant eat,alot of people say to have wee small meals a few times a day and chewed really well you can try and avoid it,or sometimes people are sick because there band it too tight and they might have to get some taken out,but im very glad i got mine done otherwise i would still be growing bigger lol,by the way my hubby didnt approve,but i done it for me and trust me as im losing weight he is comming around lol:thumbup:

Can I be a pest and ask how to transfer money into an international account? It's for the deposit, I went to my bank and the girl said she couldnt do it :) she was being rather nosey asking what it was for, so I said medical treatment and she said nope we cant :) I assumed that it being my bank account I could send it wherever I wanted x

I wish there was someone going over same time as me....maybe I can try and persuade one of my friends to come for a mini break lol x

what bank you with charlene ive never heard of them say no,go back in and speak to someone else,when i done mine they wouldnt fill out the form i had to fill it out myself and just handed it to her and she put it through,try again hun:blink:

Your bank should do it no problem at all.. its called a foreign transfer and you just have to pay a fee, mine was £8.50, they will read some legalities out to you but they should do it, I think they ask because of all this money laundering so just give a simple answer "medical" and they shouldnt ask anymore. I did mine over the phone and it was sent within 2 days I then received a letter confirming what was done... good luck and keep trying.. remember banks have "customer charters" so they are here for the customers and are ment to give the best possible customer service....... (yea yea) lol xxx:rolleyes2:

Lilliebo, yes I know what you were thinking. As long as you play the game you will be fine, I wish i had known this at the time with my surgeon. I went for a couple of fills with manchester Xray, so he more or less blamed them for the leak.

Charlene, my daughter did her transfer online. if you have online banking it should give you the option to set up a foreign transfer.

Thanx Slinx, I think she will be ok with having an extra night, but us Mums always worry dont we.lol

FP poor you hunny, if you are throwing up a lot, maybe you should get your GP out to give you tablets to control it. Its not good for you to be throwing up it puts a strain on the band and I dont want to frighten you but I've read that you can rupture your tum.

Please take care of you.

Hi Freckles, thank you for your advise.

I must admit I was getting a little worried about any damage it may have done, but thankfully after taking some motilium last night the sickness stopped, I kept sipping Water and I have been ok today on coffee and a bag of cheesy wotsits.

Should have taken the motilium sooner perhaps? Will remember next time.

Just my bunged up nose and chesty cough to deal with now.

Take care x

Hi FP

The band is a nightmare when you are ill - I was the same the other week when i was in hospital

I have fill no 4 next week - cant wait - weight loss is a nightmare and going very slow but hopefully fill will give it a boost

I can still eat fairly large portions but depends on time of day - weird

Take Care

K xx

Hi Kerry

Feeling better today ta.

Cant wait to hear how you get on after fill number 4, as I still have a few weeks to go till mine, but I have dropped another 2lbs when I hopped on the scales this morning!

Absolutely delighted, after several weeks of not even an ounce coming off.

I'm the same though in that I can still eat a normal portion of food sometimes and not get the full feeling, and other times it's after only a couple of mouthfuls.

Good luck with your fill & weight loss.

C x

Edited by FattyPatty

Hello Newbies, those booked and those still contemplating it,

My hubby did the deposit transfer online and it was straight forward, no probs at all.

As for concerns of the op and whether you are doing the right thing, I think I can safetly say that we all felt like that.

For me personally this site, well this thread, has been an absolute godsend for me.

My decision to have the op was made based on what I had read on here, and it is, without a doubt, the single best decision I have ever made to change my life for the better.

A gastric band is something that I had thought of for a number of years, but having looked at the costs to have done here in the UK was just not possible for me, but I was totally intrigued by Fern Britton's success so it was always in the back of my mind.

Anyway after a particularly dark period in my life from around October last year over my inability to conceive (I have PCOS) and the constant battle with weight after putting back on an additional stone as well as the 3.5st I had lost on the Cambridge, I joked to my best friend in February that I needed someone to wire my jaw, because I just couldn't see anyway of losing and keeping off the 8st required for us to have IVF, and at 33 then the clock was ticking.

Anyhow she remembered someone who'd had the op 2 years before and lost 6st, so she called her, and found out she had it done in Belgium by Dr Chris De Bruyne.

My immediate reaction was, there is no way I'd go to Belgium for surgery, but when I googled Dr Chris and found this forum, read hundreds of pages of truthful experiences and successes, I posted and asked some questions and I had my op just 3 weeks later.

The last 6 months since the op have been a huge learning curve, and although I am not even halfway through my weight loss journey yet, I have never felt so positive about the future, knowing that I will achieve my goal weight and more importantly that I will be a mummy one day, and trust me I have battled for both since I was 19 years old and I'm 34 now.

So, to anyone undecided, I would say go for it, it's not the quick fix that the media claim, you do have to work at it too but it is definitely worth it.

Good luck to all of you

C x

Edited by FattyPatty
Typo's!

Thanks ladies, I went back into the bank and thought I was doomed when I seen the same girl on. Anyway I asked her again about the transfer and she was still a bit on the confused side so I asked to speak to someone else, she got the manager and right enough I can transfer the money :eek: What a div!! He apologised and let me transfer the deposit free instead of the usual £19.50......result :) so thats it all done, yippeeee!!

I loved reading that post fattypatty, you sound so very positive and I wish you all the best in trying for your miracle baby :) I had a baby just 6 weeks ago and when I fell pregnant my midwife, although happy for me was really quite negative when it came to my weight but I got there, lost my appetite all through the pregnancy and 2 weeks later it came back like nothing on earth :) I am also getting excited for the future now but thinks im gonna have my xmas dinner early this year :)

xxx

What a lovely post FP, if i didnt have a band already I would go for one after your positive remarks.

I am only losing a pound a week, but at least its coming off. Since July I have only lost 12lbs, but I tell myself its almost a stone.

I dont diet, I eat exactly what I want to, thats why.

i cant eat much but really enjoy what I eat.

i would like the weight loss to be faster, but I cant always eat healthy stuff, so i have to be thankful that I am losing at least.

Charlene, so glad you got the bank sorted, silly girl isnt she, bet the manager wasnt happy with her.