Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi guys

i am 8 days post op and 3.4lbs down. Starving - I am getting sick of fluids.

I had a bad day today. The area around my port is still very very tender to the point where I was a bit tearful cos of the pain today and probably my clothes weighing on my wound was aggravating the pain. How long does it take for the pain to subside? Also my left shoulder still feels sore, like I have a trapped nerve. Has anyone else felt this? It's very draining all in all. I know I will feel better in time tho.

I have booked my first appt with Wendy for the 18th October. What happens at your first consultation and what is Wendy like?

I'm not necessarily planning a fill then, I will see how I feel and take advice.

Ok gang, I'm off to the land of nod.

Oh oh I forgot to say I have started a blog on YouTube - my first video is up. Once I have the link I shall post it. Nite nite x

Hi guys

i am 8 days post op and 3.4lbs down. Starving - I am getting sick of fluids.

I had a bad day today. The area around my port is still very very tender to the point where I was a bit tearful cos of the pain today and probably my clothes weighing on my wound was aggravating the pain. How long does it take for the pain to subside? Also my left shoulder still feels sore, like I have a trapped nerve. Has anyone else felt this? It's very draining all in all. I know I will feel better in time tho.

I have booked my first appt with Wendy for the 18th October. What happens at your first consultation and what is Wendy like?

I'm not necessarily planning a fill then, I will see how I feel and take advice.

Ok gang, I'm off to the land of nod.

Oh oh I forgot to say I have started a blog on YouTube - my first video is up. Once I have the link I shall post it. Nite nite x

hi hun have you been having Soups and yoghurts,not long now till mushy stage, i think my port side started feeling better after about 2 weeks and i didnt have wind pain that is what you have in your left shoulder hun,it can take a while to go try remmy gel and windeeze cant wait for your link on you tube take care B)

hi 2 days from geting banded port side still a bit sore but not to bad i think most of the wind is away feel alot beter then yesterday :drool:

hi 2 days from geting banded port side still a bit sore but not to bad i think most of the wind is away feel alot beter then yesterday :drool:

hi hun port side will be a bit sore for about two weeks hun,but isint it amazing how well you feel each day,i told you each day gets better and it does your now an official bandster lol:thumbup:

yes it hurt a little on my band side as well, but only a little not too bad, after the first week all that was gone:smile:

OK guys, here we go my first pretty appalling attempt at a youtube video.

Sorry its a bit waffly.

YouTube - MrsVickers101's Channel

hi folks , hope you are all well , i havnt had chance to post recently due to work ..... well im nearly past the 2 month mark AND have said goodbye to nearly four stone !!!! didnt believe it would go that qwickly !!!!! so pleased ,,,,,, dont regret it for one minute ....

i have recently had my second fill ...... ha ha feeling it now !!!! only bin sick once up to then , but now im getting tight feeling in chest after just a little bit of food , for those of you who have hit the sweet spot , how much should i be able to eat ? i have my third fill in 3 wks , just abit worried it might be too soon !!!! any adv would be appretiated , ps any lunch and fruit suggestions , im getting sick of dutch crakers !!!!! ha ha .

well done to all the new people banded and bravo t the long time banders still losing !!!!

PPS tulia law is a crook ...... dont touch her with a barge poll ...... she may sound like Mr kipling's bit on the side , but she one crafty devious old lady ..... GO DIRECT with Chris

Pearce, my surgeon told me that I should be able to eat anything but only a 3rd of a cupful, for each meal, this is your sweetspot.

That is a tiny portion if you try to put it in a cup.:)

I can eat almost anything, but steer away from bread and sadly fruit unless its very soft fruit, apples just give me discomfort and oranges give me an acidy feeling in my chest, but everyones toleration is different.

And many congratulations on your superb weightloss.:drool:

Lemma, I liked your video, its so strange to put a face to the poster lol.

I think you're so brave to do that youtube thing.

Just wanted to say that I can drink fizzy drinks, maybe you'll be able to soon.

Looking forward to your next video girl xx

Hi

I seem to be going backwards. I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow and was managing really well with foods but yesterday I had a slice of toast and today a couple of pieces of Pasta both of which came straight back up. I managed to eat pasta and toast last week. I have not had a fill yet but is it possible for the band to get tighter and more restrictive without one?

Sharon

Hi everyone....new and old, I know it's been a while since I've written any news....I've just been too busy...buying new clothes and soaking up the compliments!!! What a life changing experience, I wish I had started the whole thing 5 years age! All I can say now is thank you Fearn Britton for giving me the inspiration and will to do all of this, only one problem...My husband complains about me loosing the big bum! Oh well, you can't please everyone!

Here's my story, hopefully it will inspire others to be positive and move forward and onward with your lives!

I am 47 years old, I am married with 6 children ranging from 21 to 7, life was fine and I was contented with my lot, but battled with weight, turning to food when I was tired, stressed and angry, it always makes you feel better and when you are already just 2lbs shy of 17 stones a few more treats won't make any difference! Deep down I hated myself, I hated what I had allowed myself to become, I just felt like a big fat ugly tub of lard, who was stuck in a catch 22, I was depressed being fat so hate to comfort myself.

Over the past 6 years I had gone on diets, I started fitness regimes and they all worked...I did lose weight but only till the next crisis or row with my husband and I would 'punish myself' by pouring food down my throat and all the good work would be out of the window....and each time I'd put on more weight!

Then one day I saw Fearn Britton and the big 'scandal' she had had a gastric band, I decided there and then; if she can do it so can I! I started immediately researching, I tried to get it on the NHS...that's just a waste. I discovered a couple of people that had been to see Chris and so that is were I went on the 17th March 2009.

The Op itself was fine, I suffered a lot from air over my shoulder, which often returned after a fill! I did have a couple of hiccups when I suffered a blockage, once clearly my own fault celery... this was very bad as it caused bad acid reflux and burning of my oesophecus, each time the local NHS were very addentive and relieved my suffering by emptying my band!!!! This was fraustrating and expensive as I then had to go through the lengthy proceedure of refilling!

On June 17th I returned to Belgium to have my annual check up, and also a Tummy Tuck! Yes, something I had only dreamt off and never thought I would ever do. On the NHS they would have wanted me to be 75kilos and this had been my target but I got inpatient and went at 78 kilos! woweee... I am sooo inpatient, even that was diffecult but everything just fell into place.

This operation was not painful at all, after three weeks the muscles in my abdomen did feel tender...I was probably doing too much!

Well three and a half months on, people don't regognise me and have to look twice, I feel fantastic...I am now a size 12 and weight 74kilos (11stones9).

My friend went over in May after she how well it had worked.

May I also say I now know what the sweet spot is, I am still losing weight..without any effort, I just don't feel hungry, sometimes when I know I need to eat, there is just nothing I fancy. I now understand my band and can live with it happily!

For all you people hesitating, or wondering GO FOR IT you'll never look back!

Fatpants....no Longer! Takecare everyone!

Hi everyone....new and old, I know it's been a while since I've written any news....I've just been too busy...buying new clothes and soaking up the compliments!!! What a life changing experience, I wish I had started the whole thing 5 years age! All I can say now is thank you Fearn Britton for giving me the inspiration and will to do all of this, only one problem...My husband complains about me loosing the big bum! Oh well, you can't please everyone!

Here's my story, hopefully it will inspire others to be positive and move forward and onward with your lives!

I am 47 years old, I am married with 6 children ranging from 21 to 7, life was fine and I was contented with my lot, but battled with weight, turning to food when I was tired, stressed and angry, it always makes you feel better and when you are already just 2lbs shy of 17 stones a few more treats won't make any difference! Deep down I hated myself, I hated what I had allowed myself to become, I just felt like a big fat ugly tub of lard, who was stuck in a catch 22, I was depressed being fat so hate to comfort myself.

Over the past 6 years I had gone on diets, I started fitness regimes and they all worked...I did lose weight but only till the next crisis or row with my husband and I would 'punish myself' by pouring food down my throat and all the good work would be out of the window....and each time I'd put on more weight!

Then one day I saw Fearn Britton and the big 'scandal' she had had a gastric band, I decided there and then; if she can do it so can I! I started immediately researching, I tried to get it on the NHS...that's just a waste. I discovered a couple of people that had been to see Chris and so that is were I went on the 17th March 2009.

The Op itself was fine, I suffered a lot from air over my shoulder, which often returned after a fill! I did have a couple of hiccups when I suffered a blockage, once clearly my own fault celery... this was very bad as it caused bad acid reflux and burning of my oesophecus, each time the local NHS were very addentive and relieved my suffering by emptying my band!!!! This was fraustrating and expensive as I then had to go through the lengthy proceedure of refilling!

On June 17th I returned to Belgium to have my annual check up, and also a Tummy Tuck! Yes, something I had only dreamt off and never thought I would ever do. On the NHS they would have wanted me to be 75kilos and this had been my target but I got inpatient and went at 78 kilos! woweee... I am sooo inpatient, even that was diffecult but everything just fell into place.

This operation was not painful at all, after three weeks the muscles in my abdomen did feel tender...I was probably doing too much!

Well three and a half months on, people don't regognise me and have to look twice, I feel fantastic...I am now a size 12 and weight 74kilos (11stones9).

May I also say I now know what the sweet spot is, I am still losing weight..without any effort, I just don't feel hungry, sometimes when I know I need to eat, there is just nothing I fancy. I now understand my band and can live with it happily!

omg fatpants your amazing i love to read stories like this,you were a similar weight to me,it let you think that could be be in just over a year great,was the band op worse than the Tummy Tuck, were did you get tummy tuck done and was it expensive sorry for all questions but you never know i might look into it for when im your weight lol well done hunny xx:thumbup:

been too busy...buying new clothes and soaking up the compliments!!! What a life changing experience,

just 2lbs shy of 17 stones ... I discovered a couple of people that had been to see Chris and so that is were I went on the 17th March 2009.

On June 17th I returned to Belgium to have my annual check up, and also a Tummy Tuck! Yes, something I had only dreamt off and never thought I would ever do.

Fatpants....no Longer!

Wonderful, congratulations, enjoy :drool:

hi fatpants havnt you got any before and after pics ?

FATPANTS

That is a wonderful story, i am the same as you were, up and down with diets, Weight Watchers, Lighterlife and even the dreaded lipotrim.

I cant seem to stop myself lately, i need the restriction.

Can someone tell me what the "sweet spot" is?

:thumbup:

Morning all

Well I had my fill last Thursday with Chris and he asked me not to be disappointed. I am delighted as it is weigh day today and I have lost another 3 lbs and 2.75 inches. So I am really pleased!

How has it been well I have tended to stick to Soup for the week. I have had crackerbreads with some homous or philli cheese. But I haven't really had lots of solid food. I did have dinner the other evening which was cottage pie, peas and carrots. I have taken to having pureed baby fruit as I love fruit and am missing it like crazy.

First day after the fill wasn't pleasant as a few things tried to get stuck (I think I was rushing between classes etc) but after this I was more careful and stayed clear of certain things.

One of my colleagues at work asked me about my appointment on Thursday she didn't know what I had gone for and I don't like to fib so I just asked her if she could see a difference. She guessed sraight away that it was weight related and has enough savvy to know that if it has come of this quickly and said gastric band - I was so shocked and wanted to know who she knew that I knew! We are a small place and everyone knows everyone. But to her credit she said no what are women most hung up about their weight, their image or their hair and clothes! We are quite fickle aren't we!! So she was really curious asking lots of questions and like she said to me you only ever read about people having it done in magazines and never know someone in "real life" so she was asking me loads of things. I must add she is skinny as a rake! So two at work now know and they are both really supportive.

So looking forward to my next fill at the end of October and hoping that I keep losing. I would love to hit the US at least 50 lbs lighter and have some half decent photos with Mickey Mouse!

I know I'll eat these words!

Have a lovely day.