Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hey Guys

Now a week and a bit since 3rd fill and had a very weird few days, went to Blackpool for few days to visit family, day one - no problems, day two - couldnt even get Water down, day three pretty much same but managed to keep down some Soup and today I managed some soup, steak pudding and mash - how bizarre is that?!?!? This band is a weird thing at times, but I am learning from it every day.... now nothing passes my lips until midday at least and then I MUST have a hot drink before I even think about eating otherwise it comes back up

Saw my cousin this weekend who had a bypass done last October, OMG she has lost almost 8 stone but is looking quite gaunt and pale - I was quite worried about her, I know the band was the right choice for me, so much more controllable and a slower, gradual weight loss for me is the healthier option

Nice to see some new names popping up - best decision I have ever made and I am sure you will all feel the same soon enough

Kerry xx

Hi Mia blue, I have been having night reflux now close to 1 year, a defill is the best option but it need'nt be a lot sometimes only .25ml will sort it. However if you want to try otherthings first then here are my tips

* dont eat choc after mid day (its slippery and comes back up easily.

* go to your gp for omeprazole, I take 2x20mg each evening

* last thing drink a fizzy drink (half hr before bed, it pushes everything through band)

* if you start to cough at night prop your self up to near sitting position and suck a blackcurrant and liquorice sweet.

I have done all of these and only get reflux occationally now,

If these dont help get an xray done if you have'nt had your annual one done yet and it will show if your band had slipped or if you are developing a pouch.

ps if you pannicking about a defill dont be, it wont make that much difference and if there is any inflamation around your band once it is sorted you might be able to re-fill again.

I know its a miserable time for you, and you feel awful when you dont get enough sleep, but you dont have to put up with it.

Hope this info helps, you can pm me if you want with your phone number and I'll ring you back.

Thanks very much mmm, I will try some and these ans see if I can get it to go away, you are a trooper

regards

mia

You poor thing Mia, I know what its like, been there done that.

Mmm has given you sound advice, I cant add much more except to endorse what she says about the defill. I have had .25 taken out of mine, and the reflux stopped straight away. Then the next month I had it put back in and I very rarely get it now, except if I eat at stupid 'o' clock.

Your esophagus is inflamed, freddy boy explained to me, so once that teardropful has been taken out the swelling will return to normal.

He can then re-fill and you should be ok for a few months before it starts again.

Hope that helps.

Thanks also Freckles, I will take yours and mmm's advice and any others that I get and see if I can resolve myself and then if not it will be the defill route, thanks again

Mia

Hi all im a newbe to this all. Im slinkys niece she has talked me in to geting a band lol im going on the 28th of sep

Well done to all those on the loosing side !!!!

A catheter can be another name for drain (more so used by americans) not to be mixed up with urinary catheterization.

That said.... lol...... I had to be catheterized night of op as I couldn't pass urine (17hrs) this was due I think to gynae surgery yr before and lack of fluids NO one else had to have this done while I was there and nurse's said it was NOT usual practice. If anyone does need it done it's not a big deal.

Welcome Lyn, great that you're going to be banded soon.

Anita thats a good piece of info for would-be Bandsters.

Mia, if you tell Freddy boy about your re-flux he will insist on a de-fill as he explained to me it can be dangerous Healthwise, so if it still carries on hunny,. get it sorted.

I had mine for about 3 months, and suffered horribly, I felt so weak and ill, but I did lose 3 stone, which was some consolation but I just wanted to feel well.

As soon as I had a defill I felt great, you wouldnt think that such a tiny bit out would make such a difference, but it does.

Does this seem right? I am aware that we should have a target of 1000 cals per day. I'm not so much cals driven but what I can manage.

I am only managing approx 500 - 600 cals per day and this can consist of either

porridge or yoghurt for Breakfast

a Herbalife shake for lunch

and some Soup at dinner time.

I am now managing the 1 litre of Water and drank a bit more than that as well yesterday plus other liquid e.g. green tea, coffee

Is it like this in the beginning and as you move from liquids to mushies to food it gets better or do I need to be trying to add something extra at this stage. I don't think I have the room to be honest. My loss has been good in 9 days I have lost 11.5 pounds so I am pleased but others around me are concerned about what my intake is and if it is sufficient particulalry when I am more active and back to school.

Hoping someone will reply.

Edited by MummiesBB

Hi I am just the same can only manage 400 cals at the moment, have included a slim fast drink to give mire energy, I guess as the swelling goes down the cals will increase with the increased quantity of food.< /p>

I am having a dose of hay-fever at the moment let me tell you I am in a world of pain when I sneeze.

I quite like the crisp breads we had the day after surgery and have carried on with these and some sugar free jams for breakfast.

dinner is a about six spoon full of Soup and tea is the same, with a few small cups of black coffee.< /p>

Do get a lot of cramps after eating also.

Still i know this all gets better every day that passes.

claire and ff im not to bad im 12 days post op yeaterday i had 2 weetabix in plenty of milk,for lunch i had 2 scoops of mash with a little carrot and turnip,an icecream afterwoods i was full at this stage and my tea i couldnt eat till about 7 i had piece of salmon in the steamer with some cottage cheese and i couldnt eat it all,i suppose it just depends on each person lol,by the way have you tried the new muller light yoghurts strawberry cheesecake,and american cheesecake absolutley gorge x:wink2:

FF - Where to you get the Belgium crips bread from. I really liked them too.

Hi Slinky

c yr niece has signed up!!

I'm doing ok - but had a set back on Sunday family dinner I didnt have much but tried some chicken. salmon and mac cheese. Was in real pain after very silly as prior to that still on liquid/mushy stuff. Scared to eat now have returned to liquids today.

Hi Slinky

c yr niece has signed up!!

I'm doing ok - but had a set back on Sunday family dinner I didnt have much but tried some chicken. salmon and mac cheese. Was in real pain after very silly as prior to that still on liquid/mushy stuff. Scared to eat now have returned to liquids today.

i know my niece is getting excited lol,im not too bad with food, today i had 2 weetabix milky,lunch scrambled egg,with spag hoops and half slice soggy toast and for tea im having i weightwatchers fish in sauce only cause i like them cant wait for fill though:thumbup:

FF - Where to you get the Belgium crips bread from. I really liked them too.

Brought back a few boxes from Belgium, bought the Swiss crisp breads from sainsbury today these are better as they dissolve completely.

Stocked up on weight watcher Soups and Philly cheese also and bought some honey to have on my natural yogurt in the morning.

Also bought some fat free yog and sugar free jelly.

That basically my diet for the next two weeks

Quite nice really and the set honey sorts out any sweet tooth you may have and no fat

Well I am now a bandster :thumbup: Had the op 6th August 2010 same day as Fullfat, Fredrick and everyone at the hospital were very friendly. Not to much wind touch wood, pain not to bad at all. Out of five people there for operation three of us had booked through Tullia Law and all three of us had problems. But I feel I must tell everybody my experience dealing with Tullia Law:thumbdown:, and I must stress this is just my experience. Like alot of people I have struggled with my weight most of my life, diet put it all back on then diet never ending circle. Decided in May had enough and thought about surgery, read feedback on this site and decided it was for me.:thumbup: Contacted Tullia Law 7th May 2010, very nice explained travel, hotel and hospital, and gave date of travel 29th June operation next day return home 2nd July 2010, quoted a price - but to get that price had to pay then 4150 euros. Paid this 8th May 2010 via transax, that was it all set, and just waiting. Week before travel sent Tullia an email because I had not heard anything from her,(emasil just asked was everything still ok regarding operation), she rang me at 8.30pm that night 22nd June 2010 to tell me the operation had been cancelled due to holidays and would ring me the next day with two alternative dates for surgery. As you can imagine I was very upset, during the night I thought surely she would have known about surgeon/hospital being on holiday when I booked. I rang Fredrick the next morning to ask about holidys, he told me they were not on holiday, operations were still going on the following week and I was never on the list. When I asked how this could be as I had paid all the money 8th May 2010, he refered me back to Tullia. I rang Tullia at 10am that day 23rd June 2010, she reiterated the hospital was on holiday I told her this was not the case as I had contacted them and they had told me this was not the case. She said she would ring me back, 30 minutes later she rang, told me I had no right to contact the hospital and to read their terms and conditions and would ring me back when I had. Could not find terms and conditions on the site I originaly booked from but kept looking and eventually found medi-care which is another of their sites. One of the conditions states you are not allowed to contact the hospital and if you do so then you forfit all the monies you have paid. She rang me six times that day shouting at me about these terms and conditions and did I realise she did not have to do anything for me, she then said she would talk to the admin department and see what she could do for me. She rang the next day offering me two dates 26th July 2010 or 6th August 2010, said I would prefer first date, she said she would get back to me to confirm. I spoke to a solicitor to see what I could do to get my money back and how to go about it, I told him about terms and conditions how they were not on the site I booked from and a set had never been sent to me. He told me that if I was dealing with sombody in this country then I was entitled to my money back no question but as I was dealing with somebody in France thats was different. First I would have to get a french solicitor to act for me, which he thought highly unlikely, and advised me just to sit back and see what happened. A week went by and no word from Tullia confirming the date, rang her the July date was no longer available so would have 6th August 2010 said ok. She said she would have to get this date confirmed by the surgeon and would get back to me as soon as it was. Three more days and nothing I rang her again, it was weekend and a bank holiday in France so would have to wait another three days for confirmation. I rang her everyday until I eventually got the confirmation for the 6th August 2010. Even after I got this confirmation I was still nervous something would happen and I would not get the operation. I have to say everthing went as planned 6th August 2010 and I had the operation. But I must say the five weeks before I found very stressfull, would it go ahead, would it be cancelled again. As I said at the start this is just my experience dealing with Tullia Law, all you people out there considering getting a gastric band make your own minds up who to book with.

Well I am now a bandster :thumbup: Out of five people there for operation three of us had booked through ****** *** and all three of us had problems. But I feel I must tell everybody my experience dealing with ****** *** and I must stress this is just my experience.

... Week before travel sent email because I had not heard anything ... rang me at 8.30pm that night 22nd June 2010 to tell me the operation had been cancelled due to holidays and would ring me the next day with two alternative dates for surgery. As you can imagine I was very upset, during the night I thought surely she would have known about surgeon/hospital being on holiday when I booked. I rang Fredrick the next morning to ask about holidys, he told me they were not on holiday, operations were still going on the following week and I was never on the list. When I asked how this could be as I had paid all the money 8th May 2010, he refered me back to ******. I rang at 10am that day 23rd June 2010, she reiterated the hospital was on holiday I told her this was not the case as I had contacted them and they had told me this was not the case. She said she would ring me back, 30 minutes later she rang, told me I had no right to contact the hospital and to read their terms and conditions and would ring me back when I had. Could not find terms and conditions on the site I originaly booked from but kept looking and eventually found medi-care which is another of their sites. One of the conditions states you are not allowed to contact the hospital and if you do so then you forfit all the monies you have paid. She rang me six times that day shouting at me about these terms and conditions and did I realise she did not have to do anything for me, she then said she would talk to the admin department and see what she could do for me. She rang the next day offering me two dates 26th July 2010 or 6th August 2010, said I would prefer first date, she said she would get back to me to confirm. I spoke to a solicitor to see what I could do to get my money back and how to go about it, I told him about terms and conditions how they were not on the site I booked from and a set had never been sent to me. He told me that if I was dealing with sombody in this country then I was entitled to my money back no question but as I was dealing with somebody in France thats was different. First I would have to get a french solicitor to act for me, which he thought highly unlikely, and advised me just to sit back and see what happened. A week went by and no word from ***** confirming the date, rang her the July date was no longer available so would have 6th August 2010 said ok. She said she would have to get this date confirmed by the surgeon and would get back to me as soon as it was. Three more days and nothing I rang her again, it was weekend and a bank holiday in France so would have to wait another three days for confirmation. I rang her everyday until I eventually got the confirmation for the 6th August 2010. Even after I got this confirmation I was still nervous something would happen and I would not get the operation. I have to say everthing went as planned 6th August 2010 and I had the operation. But I must say the five weeks before I found very stressfull, would it go ahead, would it be cancelled again. As I said at the start this is just my experience dealing with ****** *** all you people out there considering getting a gastric band make your own minds up who to book with.

Absolutely appalling and too stressful for words. I do hope that you will pursue this and others that have been treated similarly will band together so that this type of experience can be erradicated.

Good luck and keep us posted.