Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

I leave on Thursday and I can't wait, I'm not nervous at all and I had a lovely text from my best friend saying I "Admire u 4 taking this step mate"

Going out for a meal with my family on Wednesday evening and then Thursday we leave for Brussels.

If there is anyone else going inon the 30th and staying at the hotel please come and say hello as it would be lovely to have someone to chat to etc.

Take care

ooooooooooooooh how eciting ! Good luck ladies!

I'm going (all being well) for op date 3rd September - off to bed now as off on jollys for a week tomoro xxx speak soon!

hi mummiesbb im going over on thursday, dont know about you but im little nervous and excited all in one , still lots of questions about afterwards running round in my mind !!!!

lots of people have asked , do i regret booking !!!! i think sod that, it the best presant i ever bought myself,and it definantly takes guts to want to chanmge your life for the better !!! ( ooo been reading too many amercain comment s ha ha ha ) went out with my wife thisevening and had my nice cheat meal before op,

Hello Pearce

Where are you travelling from?

We are going by Eurostar from St Pancras.

So glad there will be someone else from this forum there.

hi all im sitting in hotel and the nerves are kicking in,i could only eat Soup cause i feel sick lol, sher is brill too she dosnt seem a bit nervous lucky cow lol,emsey thanks not long for you to now hun and freckles good on ya daughter tell to get on here and start gossiping lol see you all soon dont think i will sleep tonight x:blink:

hi slinky

good luck hun u'll be fine hope to hear from u soon i;m so excited for u xxx

Julie

hi mummiesbb im going over on thursday, dont know about you but im little nervous and excited all in one , still lots of questions about afterwards running round in my mind !!!!

lots of people have asked , do i regret booking !!!! i think sod that, it the best presant i ever bought myself,and it definantly takes guts to want to chanmge your life for the better !!! ( ooo been reading too many amercain comment s ha ha ha ) went out with my wife thisevening and had my nice cheat meal before op,

Well said, it does take guts to make a change like this, it easy to ignore our weight situation as that's what most of us have done so far.

It's taken me a long time to relies that I am not going to be Slim this time next year as every time I have started on a diet this has been my belief, only to crash out of my diet after week 2 or 3.

Good luck and I will see any one thats getting banded on the 6th Aug.

Morning Fullfat not long now, have you started a low fat diet yet? I have been on mine for 2 weeks yuk.

hi mummiesbb im travelling from newcastle , fly over on thurs morning, wife been asking if im sure this morning , think she worried coz she cant come , as she pregnant , (no 4 on way....... my god i need the weight loss for the energy ha ha ha ) ...............

Hi everyone! It's been almost 5 months since I've been to the forum. Sure has been a lot of activity on the board. Welcome to the newcomers and I'm excited for those just about to start their journey. Congrats!

I had my gallbladder removed by Dr. Chris early March. He also put in the smaller port. What a relief it is to not constantly feel that thing, the port that is. I hardly ever felt my gallbladder. Anyway, he took some Fluid out of my band for surgery, but before the two weeks was up and he would replace it, I moved. So I had the fluid repalced in June, but haven't lost a pound since. thankfully haven't gained either. I was told that the band should be tighter once I got to Qatar because of swelling from the heat (it is 45C right now). However I haven't noticed a thing. Perhaps I'm not drinking enough and am a little dehydrated...-T

Didn't know there were different sized ports.

For those that have had the procedure done do you feel the port, can you see the port and does it become more apparent the more weight you lose?

Will Dr Chris automatically put in a small port or is it just standard? I just need to know so I can raise it with the delightful Frederik in email before i go and have my band fitted in September.

Thanks guys n gals x

Hope its all done and dusted for you girls who are now in Belgium. Slinky it doesnt seem 5 minutes since you said you were getting 'done' in July. I am so excited for you.!!!!

I dont think you have a choice about the size of the port, unless you request it, I may be wrong though. So just ask.

Some days I can feel my port more than others, but it doesnt bother me, its not prominent, maybe others have different stories???

My daughter's is in between her bust, so hers is quite prominent, but she wasnt banded by Chris. Not many surgeons put it there.

Thanx Slinky about my other daughter, she cant wait. She's in a size 12/14, but has dieted all of her life, she doesnt want to tell anyone cos people will say things like....What do you want a band for? She says she cant be bothered having to justify her reasons, its what she wants and she's going for it.

Nice to see you Tam, seems a long time ago since you were here. I think maybe you should try to get more fluids inside you hunny.

Dont be a stranger.

Love to all

xxxx

Didn't know there were different sized ports.

For those that have had the procedure done do you feel the port, can you see the port and does it become more apparent the more weight you lose?

Will Dr Chris automatically put in a small port or is it just standard? I just need to know so I can raise it with the delightful Frederik in email before i go and have my band fitted in September.

Thanks guys n gals x

As far as I know he uses the standard larger one when placing the band. I mean we must have quite a bit of extra fat there or we wouldn't be getting the band. The larger port is surely easier to find under the extra flab. If after losing weight, you want the smaller port you have to pay for it. He told me nobody has to have the smaller port, but some people want it. I figured since I was going under the knife anyway, it was the perfect time to get it done and I'm very happy I did.-T

Why can't I change my profile to show I'm female??

Hi Freckles, Yeah! I'm working on the fluids, but it ain't easy!-T

Good luck to everyone who is getting banded or has just been banded.

It's a phrase you hear over and over but, it's true...the band is THE best thing I've ever done for myself. And I also thought that the band wouldn't work for me before getting it.

And many people have said it, but when you start getting fills, do not try to live with an overfill. I've just come off getting another De-fill and can't believe the difference in how great I feel compared to being too tight.

GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES!

Hi, I am going a week today aand have just had a thought, has anyone flown with BA to Brussels? If so how long were the seatbelts and were you able to get the tray down in front of you? I am really worried about this. I am a size 24 atm, if you dont want to post on here please feel free to PM me :)