Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi All:sad:

I wonder if there is anybody out there that doesn't feel positive at the moment. I don't want to put worries in the minds of new bandsters but need some advice from others that have felt like me or feeling like me.

I am feeling disillusioned and I am reading all the positive comments on this site and not relating to them at all at the moment.

I think I must be niave. I believed that having this band would end all my problems with food. I had my band on the 6th June, the first few weeks I hardly ate anything and lost a stone in weight. All good. For the last two weeks I have wanted to eat everything and all the time. I seem to be able to consume the same amount of food that I did before. I gained 2 lb in weight last week. I feel ashamed of myself and need to get a grip. I know that has to come from me and nobody else can help with that.

I am a terrible comfort eater. I know why this is but feel I don't want to share my reasons with the whole of LAP-BAND®®.com at the moment.

Please could somebody answer the following questions:

Is it true that your first fill doesn't have much of a effect, that you need a couple before it will work?

Can you request and pay for a double fill?

I was banded by Dr Chris and going to Newport for my first fill on the 23rd of this month? What do they do when you go, do they give you the fill and send you on your way or do they talk to you about how you are feeling and give you much advice?

Has anybody else backed this up with some type of therapy? And if so, did it help?

I have eaten everything I ate before except fresh bread. Everything goes down okay and stays there but some things give me back the pain I had in my shoulder for the first few weeks? Is this a coincidence or do you think that this is my body telling me that this food does not suit me anymore?

Any advice would be great. I have bought a few books but to be honest they havent been very good.

Thanks in advance

hi jayne i really feel for you hun,but it's only early days yet hun,try not to think of your weight loss as much,measure yourself you could be losing inches like garry was,remember it was the tortoise that won the race lol,everyone sounds like you at the beginning,all the one ive read about, and just think that will be me and sher soon lol chin up,well guy's im packed and leaving at 5.30am this morning i will try and get on comp in holland,sher meet ya their hun hope ya feeling better chat soon hopefully,thanks for the number garry xxx

Wow, so many posts and so many questions.

I too would welcome a private message from anyone who needs help or advice, not saying that I will be able to answer all questions, but I will have a damn good try.

Its difficult to answer so many questions and concerns from so many, in normal posts. Also I forget the names sorry.

Jayne, we all feel that way dont despair hunny, I also am really bad and eat chocolate and ice cream, I never used to but it goes down quite well so I eat a little, cos thats all I can manage.

Someone asked about food sticking and was that restriction, well in my experience, yes it is, my band is telling me whoa, thats enough food!!

I always chew my food very very well, and even just having a bite of a pie or a sausage I find so many tiny bits of grissle that it has put me off both.

We would normally just eat these things and the grissle would just go down without us even noticing it was there, it really makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Strange thing is I can eat Pork easier than any other meat.< /p>

In fact I can eat anything, just a very small portion though, which I think is good.

I also think if anyone gets food stuck after only a couple of mouthfulls then you're not chewing it enough!!

Sammy!!!! hey girlie, lovely to see you here, I hope the babies are good and you have done amazingly well considering you have been pregnant, well done you. xxx

Slinky, I know I havent been much help, but you're welcome to ask me anything.

All you other nice people if there's anything you need to know just direct the question at me if you dont want to send a pm, I will do my best to help.

As you know I am on my 2nd band so I may be of some help to someone.

I hate the fact that all I think about is food. I lay in bed at night and think of things I can cook!!

Whats that all about??

I cook it and then can only manage 2 or 3 mouthfuls, I've turned into a baking queen, I make cakes and sponges and trifles from fresh fruit with custard and cream on them.

Please tell me I am normal :)

Also the girl that was too tired to exercise after doing a days work, whats wrong with that?

Geez, we're not athletes are we, no wonder you're knackered after working all day.

I have never exercised, not even to the point of walking.

I know i should but I never seem to find the time, nor do I want to. I really admire Garry and all the others who exercise, I guess I'm just too old and lazy.

Hi all not been on for a while as i have been on hol to Florida so just back this morning just catching up on all the post pheww lots of pages and newbies.Thanks slinky for the comments by the way.

Well thought i would post my weight results as i have done for a while now.

Well i have put on a STONE.I got a defill in April for a holiday to Spain and i never got it refilled as i knew i was going to Orlando in July .So i weighed my self this morning when i got in and i was pretty surprised 15st 9lb.I was probably sitting about the 15st mark before i went so relay only half a stone for a 14 day holiday where before it would of been a stone in two weeks.

So its back for a top up for me i think.I was back to eating three courses in restaurants again which i couldn't do before i went.

I have also been off work for 4 weeks after an operation which has not helped as i have been sitting about the house doing nothing.So back to work next week so hopefully that will get me back on track and in to a routine .

So its a lesson learned for me and others that the band is just a tool and if you take away the tool the job is alot harder to do.

Superb result Gary in loosing 9.5 stone thats great m8.And good luck to all the newbies going out for your ops .

hi karob

Sounds pretty much like restriction, my goodnes thats quick after 2 fills, you will be the envy of a few on here. In my experience i would not get it taken out as it will eventually ease and what you will learn about you and your band in that time is invaluable. As long as you can get Water down then just try different thing, i have days where thin Soup is all i can eat and other where i can eat chicken, no day is the same. my last fill was march and i still can be very tight, u will find at only 2 fills it will ease off quite quick and that when u get more in not out, it aint east this lark.

g

Thanks Garry. It just took me by surprise, I wasn't expecting restriction so soon. I have decided not to go for a fill in August, unless I am eating something a bit more solid. I'm going on a cruise in september for 2 weeks and don't want to be setting myself up for problems. I would still have time to go for a defill in september if i needed it. if i did have the fill. So many decisions. K :sad:

Hi all I am booked in for my surgery on 6th august, may I ask if any one else has booked with tullia law.

How much information were you all given before the op?

Thanks

I hate the fact that all I think about is food. I lay in bed at night and think of things I can cook!!

Whats that all about??

I cook it and then can only manage 2 or 3 mouthfuls, I've turned into a baking queen, I make cakes and sponges and trifles from fresh fruit with custard and cream on them.

Please tell me I am normal :cool:

Also the girl that was too tired to exercise after doing a days work, whats wrong with that?

Geez, we're not athletes are we, no wonder you're knackered after working all day.

I have never exercised, not even to the point of walking.

I know i should but I never seem to find the time, nor do I want to. I really admire Garry and all the others who exercise, I guess I'm just too old and lazy.

Oh Freckles ur not alone!! I eat more sweet stuff then I ever used to. I blame Harrison though! I had a sweet craving that never went away! I used to eat at least 5 portions of fruit and veg a day - prob only that a week now which is bad! I am learning to live with the band more now and am not scared of trying things to eat. I think my tummy has got used to it now too so am not sick very often!! I am like you, can eat small amounts of most things which I think is great. 'Proper' food defo makes me feel fuller so is worth the effort. But I'm like you with this damned night time reflux, it's driving me mad! Did you get the tab's off the doctor? I've been on them a week. I'm still getting the reflux but am sleeping propped up which helps. However I do wake choking most nights! I can't believe the baby sleeps through my choking fits!! I'm going to see how it goes over the next few weeks. I don't really want to have a defill as I'd say I'm at my sweet spot. Any tighter and I'd be making bad food choices like just choc, crisps and ice-cream!

Good luck to all those being banded in the coming weeks. You are in safe hands and I'm sure you will never look bad. It's not an easy option, you still have to work at it but I have NO regrets and know I'd be 5 stone heavier (if not more) without it. x

Hi all not been on for a while as i have been on hol to Florida so just back this morning just catching up on all the post pheww lots of pages and newbies.Thanks slinky for the comments by the way.

Well thought i would post my weight results as i have done for a while now.

Well i have put on a STONE.I got a defill in April for a holiday to Spain and i never got it refilled as i knew i was going to Orlando in July .So i weighed my self this morning when i got in and i was pretty surprised 15st 9lb.I was probably sitting about the 15st mark before i went so relay only half a stone for a 14 day holiday where before it would of been a stone in two weeks.

So its back for a top up for me i think.I was back to eating three courses in restaurants again which i couldn't do before i went.

I have also been off work for 4 weeks after an operation which has not helped as i have been sitting about the house doing nothing.So back to work next week so hopefully that will get me back on track and in to a routine .

So its a lesson learned for me and others that the band is just a tool and if you take away the tool the job is alot harder to do.

Superb result Gary in loosing 9.5 stone thats great m8.And good luck to all the newbies going out for your ops .

Hi there. I hope you had a nice holiday! Don't beat yourself up about the weight gain, as you said it would've been far more without the band!! At least when you have another fill it will get you back on the straight and narrow. Ur weight loss so far is great! I think we were banded about the same time.

Thanks Garry. It just took me by surprise, I wasn't expecting restriction so soon. I have decided not to go for a fill in August, unless I am eating something a bit more solid. I'm going on a cruise in september for 2 weeks and don't want to be setting myself up for problems. I would still have time to go for a defill in september if i needed it. if i did have the fill. So many decisions. K :wink2:

On my third fill I had what I would consider to be a bit of an over fill. For nearly 2 weeks it hurt to drink even but I was managing to get 1.5 litres in ableit very slowly! I found after the first week every day got better and I didn't go for a defill. I spoke to my aftercare provider and they said it was OK and to suck ice lollies etc. I also took some liquid ibruprofen (calpol) to take down the swelling. I know it seems brutal but I'm glad I didn't get a defill but if you are in pain it would be welcome relief! As long as you can get liquids down OK - that's the main thing. It will wear off soon anyway so you'll be able to eat more. Just watch the weight fall off.....................! :cool:

Hi there. I hope you had a nice holiday! Don't beat yourself up about the weight gain, as you said it would've been far more without the band!! At least when you have another fill it will get you back on the straight and narrow. Ur weight loss so far is great! I think we were banded about the same time.

Thanks sammy i had a great hol. ye we are about 5 months of a diffrence.Your right it would be more so i will just have to accept it and get back on track but i think i will start on mon after this chinese and the few cans.lol

Thanks sammy i had a great hol. ye we are about 5 months of a diffrence.Your right it would be more so i will just have to accept it and get back on track but i think i will start on mon after this chinese and the few cans.lol

Oh defo have a 'last supper'!! :cool: I've had so many of those with all my pregnancy defills and fills! :wink2:

But I'm like you with this damned night time reflux, it's driving me mad! Did you get the tab's off the doctor? I've been on them a week. I'm still getting the reflux but am sleeping propped up which helps. However I do wake choking most nights! I can't believe the baby sleeps through my choking fits!! I'm going to see how it goes over the next few weeks. I don't really want to have a defill as I'd say I'm at my sweet spot. Any tighter and I'd be making bad food choices like just choc, crisps and ice-cream!

You poor thing Sammy, I used to have that every night, before I had the de-fill last October, its a nightmare, coughing and choking with a mouthful of gunge. Sorry to be explicit, but its best you would-be bandsters know what to expect if you're a bit over-filled. This is the reason they only give small fills, for your band to get adjusted, gradually.

I have only had the reflux once since the last fill Sammy. I dont eat after about 8pm sometimes earlier, and that seems to stop it.

Have a try of that hunny.

Bo you have done so well, you deserve the break .....enjoy your weekend of freedom lol, before you're back on track. lol

Be very careful people, make sure you can drink enough as when I was over-filled I suffered extreme Constipation, in fact I spent a day in hospital and had to have several enemas.

All because of the lack of liquids.< /p>

I just couldnt get enough down, I could eat more than drink, which was strange. I could only eat ice cubes.

So be watchful of that because it was the most horrible experience, and it went on for over 7 weeks.

Hi all I am booked in for my surgery on 6th august, may I ask if any one else has booked with tullia law.

How much information were you all given before the op?

Thanks

Hi I have also booked with Tullia Law and surgery on the 6th August.

Edited by Radley59
spelling