Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Kerry,

Glad to see you are losing loads.

We met in Belgium as I was the lady who went over again to have my band untwisted and came over to chat to you in the hotel the night before surgery.

Just to let you know everything is now OK and have since had a few fills and have now lost more weight.

I hope all my frank advise was helpful.

Katy

Hi Katy

Glad everything is going well for you now - it must be a relief.

I am off to Edinburgh today to see Dr Chris and get my first fill, was meant to have it last month but it was cancelled due to the volcano.

Hoping that once the fills kick in the weight will start flying off and I will be in my Size 12 wedding dress in March - gotta aim for something I guess.

It was nice to hear from you and hope you are well

Kerry x

hi to all you bandsters that have been done a while,what do you eat meal wise alot of peep are trying to put me off,telling me that i will be vomiting all the time and i will never be able to eat can any of you advise me on that plz im still gonna get banded lol:drool:

Hi slinky there is nothing i can not eat.For dinner i had chicken chow mien and a couple of prawn crackers.The only difference is before i would have eaten the full chow mein plus chips i could only eat half a chow mien.There is some foods some people will struggle with like bread Pasta rice but i can eat all these.I have had alot of time when i have brought things back up but this is either i have eat to much too fast or not chewed the food enough.I now know how the band works and have the knowledge now to know when too stop eating so that i don't get the food coming back up.Believe me when it happens to you there will be allot of slime and pain so you tend to learn when to stop eating.When you master that you should have no problems eating anything only in smaller amounts.

have made my mind up!

im doing this.

am from kent uk and will be going to have surgery with dr chris mid/late july.

anyone else going then?

any advice?

would really appreciate it!

have made my mind up!

im doing this.

am from kent uk and will be going to have surgery with dr chris mid/late july.

anyone else going then?

any advice?

would really appreciate it!

hi aphrab im having my surgery on 27th july and cant wait if u get a chance read all the threads and you will find out everything you need that's what i done lol good luck:thumbup:

Hi slinky there is nothing i can not eat.For dinner i had chicken chow mien and a couple of prawn crackers.The only difference is before i would have eaten the full chow mein plus chips i could only eat half a chow mien.There is some foods some people will struggle with like bread Pasta rice but i can eat all these.I have had alot of time when i have brought things back up but this is either i have eat to much too fast or not chewed the food enough.I now know how the band works and have the knowledge now to know when too stop eating so that i don't get the food coming back up.Believe me when it happens to you there will be allot of slime and pain so you tend to learn when to stop eating.When you master that you should have no problems eating anything only in smaller amounts.

oh thanks bobo that has put my mind at ease i think my in-laws will be jealouse and dont want me to have the surgery done,they keep trying to put me off but i wont let them lol,i will probably houn you for ideas when i have been banded many thanks hun :thumbup:

lao ban surgery is irreversable , the sheer chance of it causing pancreatitis should disuade just about everyone from doing it ...go on a diet.....Pancreatitis is the worse disease a person could get .

Great first post idiot nice of you to introduce yourself.

Well why would you come on to a thread on your very first post and try to tell people not to get the band and go on a diet.?

Apparently you misunderstood what it is I am advocating as a post operative Lap Ban patient.

Pancreatis is a very common complication from all bariatric bypass procedures . What I have come to understand after suffering from this disease for two years now after my surgery is that the sheer risk of getting this horrible disease should force potential Lap Ban patients to trey every diet in the book until they come to the realization that they risk their lives by going with this quick fix which time willm tell in the future is a big crime . Lap Ban Surgery and Chronic Pancreatitis is swept under theb rug by companies , shareholders and medical professionals looking to line their pockets from the desperation of obese people , who are at the front of every joke, put down and discriminatory remarks in our digital age .

Once you have been diagnosed with Chronic Pancreatitis your life expectancy is at most according to statistics seven years. But those seven years are lived in horror with every single manifestation and complicationa rising itself without any doctor keeping the wpatient well informed . The list of complications is horrific. I should know as I have developed most of them one by one.

Purtschers retinopathy ,rhabdomyolysis ,ARDS,low blood pressure...wheezing due to the inflammation of the pancreas pressing against the lungs .

And of course the PAIN....24 tqablets a day of 8mg dialaudid for over as year is no picnic ...so I ask if there is a chance of getting chronic pancreatitis from this or any procedure...you must weigh , "is it worth it" . on't count on your doctor ...al they care about is

1 can you pay

2 can you pass the rigors of being a candidate to satisfy the insaurance company

3 getting their fee, as once they have it you will feelmoutn in thebworld alone

before surgery all these doctors and their astaff make you feel so loved

after the surgery they don't want to know you unless you have a referral .

this is the ugly truth of Lap Ban Surgery ...it is for Profiteers

Does it work . of course it does , but what is the risk'

the biggest and most common risk is Chronic Pancreatitis

yet this complication is swept under the rug and the symptoms are blamed on the actual well documented complications from CP , such as Pneumonia , ARDS , Diabetis , heart failure , low blood pressure, diarrhea, etc etc etc

it is mainly caused from alcohol,there are no statments to say it is caused from lap band and lets be honest here you can get more wrong with you from yo yo dieting,and being overweight anyway it's a chance you take most people are happy with the band being fat and getting a band,i think there is more chance of getting disease from being overweight ie diabetes would you not agree would you sooner be fat:w00t:

Poor you Idiot, I am so sorry for you.

I really dont know how you could have allowed yourself to be bullied into having lap Band surgery, knowing what you did?

All of us in this thread are self-funded, we chose to have the surgery and paid for it ourselves out of our hard-earned cash.

I notice you didnt have to pay for your surgery , which was paid for by your insurance company.

But you have lost 10 stone which is marvellous.

Actually the lap band surgery is reversible, why didnt you ask your insurance to pay for the removal of your band if it has caused you so much illness and trauma?

I understand the point you are trying to make in your posts, and thank you for taking the time to enlighten others.

I wish you good luck for the future and hope things change for you Healthwise.< /p>

Wannabe, people will always tell you things to put you off the surgery ( re:vomiting)

like Bo says, you will learn how and what to eat with your band as every individual is different.

Even when I was over-filled I didnt vomit much, and since I have had a little amount taken out I havent vomited at all.

You get to know exactly how much you can eat, your body tells you.

I was at a BBQ yesterday, and while all I could munch was a few nibbles of a chicken leg, I managed to drink 2 Buds, and half a bottle of wine.

This was so different from last week, when I couldnt drink at all, even after having the .25 mls taken out.

Things change from day to day. Dont be afraid... its a case of trial and error.

You will learn to listen to your body, and good decision for opting for the band, its great to be able to don a strappy tee and shorts, instead of sweltering in cover-ups.

You wont regret it for a moment dear, good luck on your venture. xxx

Regarding the vomiting, I personally do vomit a lot when I've had a couple of mouthfuls of each meal.... it's like at first it just WON'T go down, no matter how slowly I chew and how long I wait before my next mouthful. However, don't let this put you off, it's not like real vomiting as it isn't coming back up from your stomach... just what's sat in your throat and has nowhere to go, kinda like regurgitation (if that's how you spell it!).

Please don't let it put you off though, everyone is different and you may not have the same problems as me. Also once I have vomited that little bit and waited a few minutes, I can normally go on to eating a reasonable amount of my meal. I do struggle with certain foods after my third fill, but I'm still so unbelievably happy I had it done!

I hit the 2 stone weight loss marker today and actually jumped around my bathroom with joy! I know this is now proper weight loss happening and not just that initial loss of Water retention etc you get in the first couple of weeks of a diet. People are starting to notice I'm looking smaller and I'm now only 3.4 BMI's away from being just "overweight" instead of obese!!

Regarding the vomiting, I personally do vomit a lot when I've had a couple of mouthfuls of each meal.... it's like at first it just WON'T go down, no matter how slowly I chew and how long I wait before my next mouthful. However, don't let this put you off, it's not like real vomiting as it isn't coming back up from your stomach... just what's sat in your throat and has nowhere to go, kinda like regurgitation (if that's how you spell it!).

Please don't let it put you off though, everyone is different and you may not have the same problems as me. Also once I have vomited that little bit and waited a few minutes, I can normally go on to eating a reasonable amount of my meal. I do struggle with certain foods after my third fill, but I'm still so unbelievably happy I had it done!

I hit the 2 stone weight loss marker today and actually jumped around my bathroom with joy! I know this is now proper weight loss happening and not just that initial loss of Water retention etc you get in the first couple of weeks of a diet. People are starting to notice I'm looking smaller and I'm now only 3.4 BMI's away from being just "overweight" instead of obese!!

thanks freckles and jojo your all a great help and your weight losses are fab well done:smile2:

lao ban surgery is irreversable , the sheer chance of it causing pancreatitis should disuade just about everyone from doing it ...go on a diet.....Pancreatitis is the worse disease a person could get .

Idiot,

Am I right in thinking, after reading your bandster profile, that you already had a history of pancreatitis before your surgery? In which case I agree that your surgeon should not have allowed you / put pressure on you to have the surgery. However, your initial post only served to scare-monger... as far as I am aware (and I did a lot of research before deciding on the surgery) there is no link between it and pancreatitis.

I can see how the surgery could have worsened a pre-existing condition and for that I feel sorry for you, but please think before you act, your individual problems, and I will reiterate, PRE-EXISTING condition, shouldn't have been used to scare others out of doing what is right for THEM.

The most common cause of chronic pancreatitis is many years of heavy alcohol use. The chronic form of pancreatitis can be triggered by one acute attack that damages the pancreatic duct. The damaged duct causes the pancreas to become inflamed. Scar tissue develops and the pancreas is slowly destroyed.

Other causes of chronic pancreatitis are

• hereditary disorders of the pancreas
  • cystic fibrosis—the most common inherited disorder leading to chronic pancreatitis
  • hypercalcemia—high levels of Calcium in the blood
  • hyperlipidemia or hypertriglyceridemia—high levels of blood fats
  • some medicines
  • certain autoimmune conditions
  • unknown causes

I hope you recover and feel better soon. Well done on your weight loss by the way. :thumbup:

Well done jojo on your great weight loss.

I dont think its actual vomiting is it, isnt that productive burping that you're referring to. When you feel so full like food is stuck in your throat and you have to go to the bathroom to get rid of it?

I have only had projectile vomiting about twice or three times, and i dont even PB anymore, maybe cos I know when to stop eating? It is difficult to know and I spose the longer you have your band the more apparent it becomes when you need to stop eating, though my brain tells me otherwise, it says go on greedy try eating the whole thing lol.

Its a devil isnt it. Most times when I used to get rid of the gloop, then I'd be fine afterwards.