Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Shoes

At what point did you start losing weight - I am now 4 weeks post op and losing nothing - going for 1st fill next week so hoping this will make a bit of difference

I have a lot to lose and thought I would have started to see it going in the right direction - have lost about 12 lbs so far but nothing for last 2 weeks at least

Kerry

Hi Kerry, I was the same as you i lost weight on the pre op diet and the first week post surgery and then it stooped for about three weeks your body goes into starvation mod trys to hold onto fat, sounds strange but when you start to eat solids with good nutrition it will start to move dont get to this hearth end its going to take a while, it might take a couple of fills to get you to restriction you will get there , you have done really well 12 lbs is a lot good luck :thumbup:

Hi Sharon when you get a fill depending on where you are with restriction you will feel tight for a few weeks then it tends to ease off.The food getting stuck is actually restriction to a certain extent.The more food you eat the more stretched your band gets.If you go back on to liquids for a few days you will find the band goes tighter and you will not be able to eat as much as its not getting stretched with food going down.

Its very hard to get to the right point of restriction where you get that full feeling as 0.5 of a mil can make a Hugh difference to your restriction that instead of you being able to eat anything you can eat nothing at all.When you do get it you will feel full but not like the days where you could of eaten loads of food at like a buffet meal or something and you would get that bloated feeling at your belly where i used to say I'm stuffed i could not eat another thing.Its hard to describe but when the restrictions right your band should slow down the speed and consumption of food going down. When food reaches the receptors at the top of your stomach that tells your brain that your full.So instead of me wolfing a meal down and it sliding straight down to the bottom of my stomach the band slows the process down and if it backs up and reaches the receptors you wont be able to eat any more if that makes sense.

Its more of i physically cant eat any more as i can tell when the foods starts to back up in the band and thats when i stop eating as if i don't i will get the sliming .

I hope this helps you any as it relay is an individual thing and this is my experience.Others may be able to describe it a better way but you need to get your head round the way your band works everybody's different.[/quote

Hi Sharon & Bobo, I have to agree with you Bobo i to never really get a stuffed feeling more a restriction and if i push it i get that saliva building up, i think we have to be realistic about what the band can do its only a tool to help you still have to work with it, Dr Chris said to me on my yearly check up i done 75% of the work and the band done the rest haven't said that we are all different this is just my experience and i know i would not have got this far without it you just have to watch those cals and get good nutrition in be very carefull of the goody's and the booze they will slow your weight loss down :thumbup:

Shoes its a shame we wont be there at the same time starting to think i'll be the only one there lol. I am excited but my head seems to be all over the place at the moment one minute im excited the next im doubtful and emotional.

Thanks for the info, i have read posts on what to take and made a list but keep thinking that I'll forget something, think im worrying to much about little things.

Shoes its a shame we wont be there at the same time starting to think i'll be the only one there lol. I am excited but my head seems to be all over the place at the moment one minute im excited the next im doubtful and emotional.

Thanks for the info, i have read posts on what to take and made a list but keep thinking that I'll forget something, think im worrying to much about little things.

Hi Sussie your very welcome,I hope there will be a couple of peep's in the hotel there usually is i thought i was the only one was delighted Frederick asked me would i mind if he spoke to us all together the night before op i was delighted all tho my hubby was with me he was so good it was a comfort to know i wasn't getting it done on my own im sure there be someone there for you to you be fine, my sister in law so excited im delighted for her and my niece:smile:

Hi Sussie your very welcome,I hope there will be a couple of peep's in the hotel there usually is i thought i was the only one was delighted Frederick asked me would i mind if he spoke to us all together the night before op i was delighted all tho my hubby was with me he was so good it was a comfort to know i wasn't getting it done on my own im sure there be someone there for you to you be fine, my sister in law so excited im delighted for her and my niece:smile:

Hi guys

OMG im due to fly out monday for op on tuesday and brussels flights are cancelled til 10am monday my flights at 11 45 i dont know what to do checked out ferries but dont know which is nearer ostend or zebruggee can any one help im panicing like mad now got all ready for it now im in a demented mood lol and dont want to book a ferry and end up hours away from where im supposed to be anyone who knows please let me know

Thanks

Julie x

Hi guys

OMG im due to fly out monday for op on tuesday and brussels flights are cancelled til 10am monday my flights at 11 45 i dont know what to do checked out ferries but dont know which is nearer ostend or zebruggee can any one help im panicing like mad now got all ready for it now im in a demented mood lol and dont want to book a ferry and end up hours away from where im supposed to be anyone who knows please let me know

Thanks

Julie x

hi julie i think zebruggee is closest wouldn't you be better getting the eurostar it takes you straight into brugges and if you have the package a taxi will pick you up from station good luck hun:smile2:

Hi Sharon when you get a fill depending on where you are with restriction you will feel tight for a few weeks then it tends to ease off.The food getting stuck is actually restriction to a certain extent.The more food you eat the more stretched your band gets.If you go back on to liquids for a few days you will find the band goes tighter and you will not be able to eat as much as its not getting stretched with food going down.

Its very hard to get to the right point of restriction where you get that full feeling as 0.5 of a mil can make a Hugh difference to your restriction that instead of you being able to eat anything you can eat nothing at all.When you do get it you will feel full but not like the days where you could of eaten loads of food at like a buffet meal or something and you would get that bloated feeling at your belly where i used to say I'm stuffed i could not eat another thing.Its hard to describe but when the restrictions right your band should slow down the speed and consumption of food going down. When food reaches the receptors at the top of your stomach that tells your brain that your full.So instead of me wolfing a meal down and it sliding straight down to the bottom of my stomach the band slows the process down and if it backs up and reaches the receptors you wont be able to eat any more if that makes sense.

Its more of i physically cant eat any more as i can tell when the foods starts to back up in the band and thats when i stop eating as if i don't i will get the sliming .

I hope this helps you any as it relay is an individual thing and this is my experience.Others may be able to describe it a better way but you need to get your head round the way your band works everybody's different.[/quote

Hi Sharon & Bobo, I have to agree with you Bobo i to never really get a stuffed feeling more a restriction and if i push it i get that saliva building up, i think we have to be realistic about what the band can do its only a tool to help you still have to work with it, Dr Chris said to me on my yearly check up i done 75% of the work and the band done the rest haven't said that we are all different this is just my experience and i know i would not have got this far without it you just have to watch those cals and get good nutrition in be very carefull of the goody's and the booze they will slow your weight loss down :laugh:

hi shoes you have done excellent,if you had to do it again would you go through with it,just diff thoughts going through my head lol by the way did you drink at all when you got the band i like a drink on a weekend :thumbup: what height are you shoes cause i think your weight loss is excellent in a year well done hun

hi shoes you have done excellent,if you had to do it again would you go through with it,just diff thoughts going through my head lol by the way did you drink at all when you got the band i like a drink on a weekend :thumbup: what height are you shoes cause i think your weight loss is excellent in a year well done hun

Hi Slinky, all tho its not the quick fix i thought it was going to be its has helped me when everything else has failed and yes i would do it all over again i have nothing but praise for Dr Chris and his team, but peeps have to realize you have to work with the band even now have to watch cals but its so worth it .i am 5ft 4 was very sticked with myself for the first 5 months would,nt even have a drink but now i do only on sat night because it will slow your weight loss down empty cals hope this is of some help :laugh:

Hi Julie hope you get away best of luck :w00t:

Hi Slinky, all tho its not the quick fix i thought it was going to be its has helped me when everything else has failed and yes i would do it all over again i have nothing but praise for Dr Chris and his team, but peeps have to realize you have to work with the band even now have to watch cals but its so worth it .i am 5ft 4 was very sticked with myself for the first 5 months would,nt even have a drink but now i do only on sat night because it will slow your weight loss down empty cals hope this is of some help :)

Hi Julie hope you get away best of luck :confused:

thanks shoes that gives me a lot of hope im the same height as you and have about 6 stone to loose so it's good to c it can be done,im not getting bandded till july but all kinds going through my head at the min should i shouldn't i ? but i deffo will lol hate op's and needles but will soldier on lol ta:smile2:

Hi Slinky, all tho its not the quick fix i thought it was going to be its has helped me when everything else has failed and yes i would do it all over again i have nothing but praise for Dr Chris and his team, but peeps have to realize you have to work with the band even now have to watch cals but its so worth it .i am 5ft 4 was very sticked with myself for the first 5 months would,nt even have a drink but now i do only on sat night because it will slow your weight loss down empty cals hope this is of some help :)

Hi Julie hope you get away best of luck :confused:

Hi guys

Im really fed up didn't want to have to drive there but looks like no choice now anyway booked ferry to ostend didn't want to leave it any longer incase everything was booked up, hubbys driving so thats better just gonna be a long journey yeah had booked package but never mind, tried eurostar and was gonna cost me 618.00 for the two of us cant afford that much after cost of op etc so ferry it is, just hope this is the last of my bad luck and op goes well i'll let u all know how it goes xxx

What a bummer with the flights all being cancelled for you girlys going to Belgium.

I hope you all get there without too much stress.

Shoes you are a star, such a lot of weight!!!!

I've lost 6.6lbs since 8th April, I'm pretty pleased about that.

Edited by Freckles

Jasmine - On an industrial estate yes, but bugger all to do - WRONG!! You were right on top of the town centre. Come out of the hotel, turn left and go under the railway bridge and you were there. 5 minutes max. There were loads of lovely shops, bars, restaurants - loads of stuff to see and do. I came back with Swarovski earrings lol. Vilvoorde is actually rather nice if you go out of the hotel to look around.

Well I'm 16 days post op and it's pants right now. I can eat pretty much anything I want including brown rice, brown bread- fresh and toasted. Pasta is fine also.

I've lost 9 lbs, which was in the first week and nothing since.

On the up side I have no probs with reflux or with sleeping on my port side. Sneezing hurts and I still feel the pain when my stomach muscles tighten (ie having a poo) - come on, we all do it haha!

My hubby bought a new blender and spent a day in the kitchen making me yummy things to eat/swallow and I havent needed them, I also bought baby food just in case I needed that. But I can tolerate a proper dinner - about 250g worth.

Oh I'm less freezing cold than I was a week ago but still a tad Baltic on occasions.

I burp like it's going out of fashion though and I feel hunger than never before. I feel physically in pain when I'm hungry, which seems to be every 2-4 hours. I must eat asap or I just can't cope - and my tummy growls like a bitch!

So a bit mixed right now, I can't wait for a 1st fill in 3 weeks. I could eat a giant steak at the moment.

Ohh I've had a couple of blockages too. I know I should sit at the table and eat, and we always do as a family but I work from home and so find myself sat in front of the pc eating toast in the mornings. I 'forget' myself and swallow a big chunk ! OUCH!!!

Edited by weightogo

to julieroddy - If you get on at Folkestone, the eurotunnel is a good option.

It's approx £119 return. And the drive from Calais to Vilvoorde, is a rather easy and pleasant one. Its very straight forward, its very well signposted too - your satnav should help you a lot too.

It's a nice drive, and only about 2 hours. And of course you can stop whenever you like for comfort breaks, and take things at your own pace.

edit/sorry, I didnt realise you had already sorted out your travel. Best of luck hun x

Edited by weightogo

Jasmine - On an industrial estate yes, but bugger all to do - WRONG!! You were right on top of the town centre. Come out of the hotel, turn left and go under the railway bridge and you were there. 5 minutes max. There were loads of lovely shops, bars, restaurants - loads of stuff to see and do. I came back with Swarovski earrings lol. Vilvoorde is actually rather nice if you go out of the hotel to look around.

Well I'm 16 days post op and it's pants right now. I can eat pretty much anything I want including brown rice, brown bread- fresh and toasted. Pasta is fine also.

I've lost 9 lbs, which was in the first week and nothing since.

On the up side I have no probs with reflux or with sleeping on my port side. Sneezing hurts and I still feel the pain when my stomach muscles tighten (ie having a poo) - come on, we all do it haha!

My hubby bought a new blender and spent a day in the kitchen making me yummy things to eat/swallow and I havent needed them, I also bought baby food just in case I needed that. But I can tolerate a proper dinner - about 250g worth.

Oh I'm less freezing cold than I was a week ago but still a tad Baltic on occasions.

I burp like it's going out of fashion though and I feel hunger than never before. I feel physically in pain when I'm hungry, which seems to be every 2-4 hours. I must eat asap or I just can't cope - and my tummy growls like a bitch!

So a bit mixed right now, I can't wait for a 1st fill in 3 weeks. I could eat a giant steak at the moment.

Hi WTG

I am now 5 weeks post op and have lost a stone - lost in first 2 weeks and not lost a single pound since but on the positive side I have not gained any either

Everyone I have talked to has said this is perfectly normal and that as my body is wondering what the hell is going on with the food reduction it is in starve mode - holding onto everything just in case it not gonna get anymore

I have bought myself an exercise bike to gonna try and do 30 mins every day and try and give the weight loss a kick

Like you I can pretty much eat anything I want - I have had one really bad blockage - in a meetin at work and was eating a piece of toast and it got stuck - oh my god I never want to experience that ever again - thought I was dying

I am trying to limit my calorie intake but it has been really difficult this last week but gonna keep going

Getting my first fill on Thursday - flights permitting - and hopefully that will be Step 2 on the journey to the new Skinny me - I am going to book my Wedding this week so will give me a goal to aim for

Hope you are well and don't worry about the slow start I think it is perfectly normal and appears to happen to everyone

Kerry xx