Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

My daughter has been doing some research and found a few articles stating that cider vinegar stops acid reflux. Her fella was suffering badly and downed a mouthful of Sarsons malt vinegar, it stopped it immediately.

So next time I will be trying this, bought some cider vinegar yesterday as my fill is this thursday. I'll be the guinea pig and let you know lol.

Hi Guys

I am now just over 3 weeks post op and find I can eat pretty much anything as long as I chew it well - is that normal

The only things so far I have stuggled with are bread and tuna - both of these have caused pain

I even managed to go out for Easter lunch with my daughter - I ordered from the kids menu which caused a stir - size 20 woman ordering a kids meal - you can imagine

I get my first fill on 22nd but I am thinking now that its not working - did anyone else go through this

Thanks

Kerry

Hi Guys

I am now just over 3 weeks post op and find I can eat pretty much anything as long as I chew it well - is that normal

The only things so far I have stuggled with are bread and tuna - both of these have caused pain

I even managed to go out for Easter lunch with my daughter - I ordered from the kids menu which caused a stir - size 20 woman ordering a kids meal - you can imagine

I get my first fill on 22nd but I am thinking now that its not working - did anyone else go through this

Thanks

Kerry

Hi Kerry

I am the same as you I feel an indigestion like pain if I eat maybe a little too fast or choose something that doesnt go down too well. Anyway I guess we will see the difference when we get our first fill, mines on 8 April. I now know that as my insides have repaired themselves and everything is "normal" that I can eat normally as such, but thankfully in smaller quantities, which sometime makes me feel hungry a few hours later as I only eat a small portion at one sitting. I took my poor starving (ha ha ) wife out to dinner this evening I only manage 3/4 of a portion of chcken breast and half a baked potatoe and a fork full of peas, some something seems to be working, mind you bless her she tucked into an Easter special full turkey roast and loved it, and finished before I did too. Seems I am doing the right thing and eating slowly or by heck I feel it!

My weight seems to be on a plateau few ounces up n down each day, but we're past the first stone marker and I can't wait until it starts again, maybe after Thursday when I go back to liquids after my fill will give it a kick start... I hope so any way. Next stop my Sons wedding on 8th May then off for a well earned week "Self Catering" in the sun in Turkey on 10th May. Looking forward to both so much.

My wounds are all nearly healed up now, but still feel the old port reminding me its there regularliy especially in bed ...ouch:ohmy:

Would anyone please let me know what to expect to feel like after fill number one, so I know what to expect?

Thanks and take care everyone.

Paul

Banded on 9th March 2010

weight.png

My daughter has been doing some research and found a few articles stating that cider vinegar stops acid reflux. Her fella was suffering badly and downed a mouthful of Sarsons malt vinegar, it stopped it immediately.

So next time I will be trying this, bought some cider vinegar yesterday as my fill is this thursday. I'll be the guinea pig and let you know lol.

Hi Freckles

Do you know that cider prices went up again in the budget??? lol

You must be rich to afford such high luxuries ha ha

Paul:lol:

Hi Paul and Freckles,

Hoping to see you both on Thursday, I'm just about to email Freddyboy now to ask if he can see me. I've left it a bit late but needed to be sure my finances would allow this month's fill, lol.

Paul, don't get your hopes up too much regarding your first fill having any effect. It didn't for me unfortunately. I was supposed to be on liquids for a couple of days afterwards, but by the following morning I was hungry again and back to normal eating levels. You may feel more of a difference than I did, but I've never heard anyone say the first makes any difference. I've well and truly stopped losing weight, not shifted any for the last 4 weeks, but I'm happy I've not put any of what I originally lost back on.

Fingers crossed that fill number 2 helps a little bit for me. I've given up smoking though so I'm not too concerned so long as I don't gain weight really, for now. I'm starting to feel like I have a bit more energy, even bought myself a bike! Let's just hope I don't buckle the back wheel, lol.

Carrie Jess - CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm really happy for you hun. :smile2:

Hahaha, Paul that was odd!!!

Hahaha, Paul that was odd!!!

Spooky huh, but thankfully it worked!

Glad to hear from you honey, well done on the smoking, 'orrible habit anyway lol. Well I hope it does affect me differently, maybe another man thing hopefully?

I would love to meet you on the 8th around 1330 is my appt with Freddy boy as he affectionatly called by lots of the ladies on here....mind you I call him laughing boy, coz all he did when he took my cash for the op was smile from ear to ear!!. It seems we have both been friends from the outset on here...:smile2:

Cu next week hopefully, I am the handsome one in the waiting area lol

Paul

Hi all

Well I'm back home now, and 2 days post op. I can't believe I did it!

The recovery room was so frightening I thought I was dying! I hadnt realised that I was choking because they were removing the breathing tube from my mouth, I just remember the feeling of not being able to breathe and that I was taking short sharp breathes in. It scared the life out of me!!

Then I was freezing cold and shivering ,ike mad, and I was given one of those inflatable heated blanket thing,s which sorted me rtight out. But although I could barely keep my eyes open I was too afraid to close them for long becuase I was convinced I wouldnt wake up (the choking feeling scared me!!)

The whole time I was lying there wishing I hadnt gone though with it purely becuase I was so frightened during rovery period. But I was so glad to realise I was 'coming to' and could go back to my room.

My partner came with me and he was just superb, I couldnt wish for a better bloke. He did everything for me. I was desperate for a pee and I couldnt move for the pain so he put a bedpan under me, then took it away, then put it back we went on like this for a good 2 hours.

Eventually I said I would just have to try and get to the loo, he pretty much carried me to the loo, and after much ooohhing and ahhhing I managed a little widdle haha.

And then he went to the shop to find me some yoghurt and came back with some beautiful Svarowski earrings (aswell as yoghurt btw)

He's changed all my dressings for me and done my injections. As well as driving 6 hours today to get me home in one piece.

Well so far I am bruised to hell and still quite sore, and can feel the pulling on the port side just as others have described (which makes me feel a bit relieved tbh).

Yesterday 1 day post op I ate some Soup, and a yoghurt and a fair bit of Water.

Today I've had a bowl of Soup, milk, yoghurt, and I thought I'd tried some baby food - its surprisingly tasty.

I'm going to book for my 1st fill on May 4th in London.

Spooky huh, but thankfully it worked!

Glad to hear from you honey, well done on the smoking, 'orrible habit anyway lol. Well I hope it does affect me differently, maybe another man thing hopefully?

I would love to meet you on the 8th around 1330 is my appt with Freddy boy as he affectionatly called by lots of the ladies on here....mind you I call him laughing boy, coz all he did when he took my cash for the op was smile from ear to ear!!. It seems we have both been friends from the outset on here...:(

Cu next week hopefully, I am the handsome one in the waiting area lol

Paul

Just got your email too, lol. You are right, it's a disgusting habit, I've been trying (and failing) to kick it for a couple of years now, but it's a 21 year addiction that appearently is almost as hard to kick as heroin according to my lovely nurse from the GP.

I'll ask Freddyboy if he has an appointment around that time and look out for someone in the waiting room who could rival him in the looks department, that would be you right? :smile2:

Freddy is dreamy :(

Jojo have you read Allen Carr's book? Easyway to stop smoking?

I've been stopped for a couple of weeks now, and I thought his book would be a pile of shite, but all my friends positivley raved about it.

I have no desire to smoke at all. And I think there's a bit of subconsious hypnotism going on in the book haha but I dont care becuase it worked a bloody miracle for me!

Honest, go get it from Amazon (about 1p!!) and I bet you stop smoking!

ps forgot to add - I was a 20-30 a day smoker for 23 years.

Edited by weightogo

Jojo have you read Allen Carr's book? Easyway to stop smoking?

I've been stopped for a couple of weeks now, and I thought his book would be a pile of shite, but all my friends positivley raved about it.

I have no desire to smoke at all. And I think there's a bit of subconsious hypnotism going on in the book haha but I dont care becuase it worked a bloody miracle for me!

Honest, go get it from Amazon (about 1p!!) and I bet you stop smoking!

ps forgot to add - I was a 20-30 a day smoker for 23 years.

Ohhh, thank you, I'll try that!! I've been quit a week, the Patches are helping and I feel loads more positive than I have done in the past, but as they say, every little helps!! Cheers for that, and well done, keep going!! :smile2:

Ohhh, thank you, I'll try that!! I've been quit a week, the Patches are helping and I feel loads more positive than I have done in the past, but as they say, every little helps!! Cheers for that, and well done, keep going!! :smile2:

Cheers luv and well done to you too.

I did 2 days of patches because I didnt believe the book and was scared. So i re read the last 2 chapters and binned the patches. This thing everyone tells you about cravings and pangs and depression etc is bullshit! it's a lie to keep us in fear. Its only fear of quitting that keeps us smoking, I bet neither us would actually chose to smoke if we had a real choice. Allen Carr was dead right, it is easy to stop smoking and it is enjoyable too. I wish he were still alive, I'd love to tell he was spot on!

I swear to god it's piss easy to stop smoking , haha i sound like a mental, but it worked for me when i didnt think anything would.

So now I have a stash of patches and the inhaltor things and a hypnotism cd sat on the shelf completely untouched haha

One thing I remeber from the book was about nicotine replacement therapy. He says that NRT is pish becuase all you do is take the additictive drug by another method, like heroin, instead of injecting today; lets snort instead. You're still addicited to the very thing that you're trying to quit.

the man was a genious!

Hi all

hope u all had a nice weekend, Im going to Brussels 2morrow, feel sick with worries. I know u guys will say nothing to worry about but I cant help it wish it was over and done with.

Just want to thank WANNABE SLINKY for her packing tips it was great help.

Well done to WEIGHTTOGO you done it.

Ok guys pray for me to come back to a new life of being slim lol.

Forgot to say lost 6lb altogether on pre op diet. could of done better but cheated a bit on the last week was getting bored of eating rabbit food lol.

I can second the allen carr book weightogo i read it nearly five years ago in one day and stopped the next so did my partner.It was the best money i ever spent apart from the band.