Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks bobobaldy and cankster for replying - much appreciated. I am 99 % sure that I will be going for banding in May. I am aware of the pre op diet in order to shrink the liver but over the past couple of years I have probably been drinking more wine than I should have due to my unhappiness over my weight. My worry is that my liver will be in such a state that surgery will be impossible. If anyone could offer any advise I would be more than grateful. x

Hello everyone thanks for all your well wishes...baby is due at the beginning of November x

i wouldnt take it all out hun or your brain will think ya eating for two i would leave it as it is as long an you eat healthy and get the baby checked,and gradually let it out i think you will be fine :thumbup:

Thanks bobobaldy and cankster for replying - much appreciated. I am 99 % sure that I will be going for banding in May. I am aware of the pre op diet in order to shrink the liver but over the past couple of years I have probably been drinking more wine than I should have due to my unhappiness over my weight. My worry is that my liver will be in such a state that surgery will be impossible. If anyone could offer any advise I would be more than grateful. x

i wouldnt worry about the drink im drink whisky every weekend im going in july for my band cant wait:thumbup:

Thanks Bobo and Shoes. Your comments have really helped me to understand whats happening to me better. I have loads of side plates at home, so it looks like I will be sorting out my cupboards tomorrow !!

I will see how the next fill goes but I will take on your comments Shoes as I dont want to be ill, I need to be very cautious now, in case of over filling and negative effects !!

Sue x

Your welcome lindsay i wouldnt worry too much about the drink.I drink cider and whisky three four nights a week not in the same glass right enough.lol.I thought there would be a problem too but it was fine.

Thanx so much Bo, I dont know how you have the will-power cos I have none, thats why I got the band in the first place. I think I would prefer to be too tight like I was last year at least the weight just falls off.

I couldnt even eat more than 2 squares of chocolate then, cos it backed up. I just want this 2 stone off and to start leading an almost normal life again.

lindsaymel

get yourself some Milk Thistle tablets they are marvellous for reducing the toxins from the liver, I have always taken them, well for many years and my surgeon said my liver was very slim with no fat in it at all.

I usually have a couple of drinks every night, thats what keeps the weight on me according to my husband. pffft I look forward to a drink at night, keeps me going when the food wont go down, however sometimes I cant tolerate any alcohol as it burns inside my chest, whats that all about? Acid reflux?

Anyway be glad when easter has gone, I am loving the easter eggs lol.

Hi Scooby, how much of the cost was for the actual operation, please? Thanks.

Hi,

I have just got back from Belgium. I was banded on Tues 30th March. Re: the cost, it was 4150 euros and we drove over so no taxi's, not even back and forwards to the hospital. We did stay in the hotel which they booked, the tariff in the hotel stated 99euros per night. So what ever you do I think you have to have the package deal also you do have hotel visits before and after the op by Fred Dr Chris's aid hope this helps ..

Thanks Bobo and Shoes. Your comments have really helped me to understand whats happening to me better. I have loads of side plates at home, so it looks like I will be sorting out my cupboards tomorrow !!

I will see how the next fill goes but I will take on your comments Shoes as I dont want to be ill, I need to be very cautious now, in case of over filling and negative effects !!

Sue x

Hi Starsky,your very welcome i wouldn't like to see anyone go through an over fill very scary, i think we just have to be realistic at what the band can do, having said that i would never have got this weight off with out it, the band will work if you work with it even with my set back getting a DE fill i know when i get my next fill its going to help a little insurance in the back round hope this is of some help x:smile:

Personally I would not dream of using a third party filler like wls. If they were to puncture your port or tubung you have no comeback. If chris's team puncture it they repair it for free. If you got to wls you could invalidate your warranty :-)

I may be mistaken but I'm sure I read on here somewhere that WLS have been approved by Dr Chris, so you would be covered if your tubing were punctured.

maybe someone can confirm?

Edited by Freckles

Your welcome lindsay i wouldnt worry too much about the drink.I drink cider and whisky three four nights a week not in the same glass right enough.lol.I thought there would be a problem too but it was fine.

hi bobo do u drink your whisky with Water ? i drink mine with coke but i will have to find a substitute or could i have flat coke thanks:blink:

congratulations Carriejess

im so pleased for u, i start my pre op diet tomorrow can u inbox me i would also like to do my own fills as a nurse i think i ll pick it up easily but a bit more advice would be good congrats once again on ur news xx

hi bobo do u drink your whisky with Water ? i drink mine with coke but i will have to find a substitute or could i have flat coke thanks:blink:

Hi slinky no i just drink it straight but you can still drink it with coke.As i said before i drink cider and thats fizzy.I had to stop drinking lager as it bagged me up to much and when i rifted the froth would come back up.Sorry to be graphic.I think it is a big thing with the Americans on this site about there surgeons telling them not to drink soda as the gas can cause problems but i have not had any problems.I dont know if its just so they stay away from regular cola and they dont stick to diet.

The band has definetly made a big diffrence to the ammount i can drink too.When i was younger i could go out and have 12 pints a night now the most i can drink is about six pints then i have to go on to whiskys as im to full up.

Hi slinky no i just drink it straight but you can still drink it with coke.As i said before i drink cider and thats fizzy.I had to stop drinking lager as it bagged me up to much and when i rifted the froth would come back up.Sorry to be graphic.I think it is a big thing with the Americans on this site about there surgeons telling them not to drink soda as the gas can cause problems but i have not had any problems.I dont know if its just so they stay away from regular cola and they dont stick to diet.

The band has definetly made a big diffrence to the ammount i can drink too.When i was younger i could go out and have 12 pints a night now the most i can drink is about six pints then i have to go on to whiskys as im to full up.

thanks bobo wouldnt like to give my drink up i normally have about 5 bush and coke on a friday and then on sat will i still lose weight though im worried cause i never use to drink and when i moved to ireland i done nothing but lol:sneaky:

Aye you should my alcohol is my treat as i dont relay eat chocolate or biscuits or crisps or anything like that but its the same as any diet if your taking in more Cal's than your body's burning you will still put on weight.