Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

So the 2 week countdown has begun euro's ordered and I'm all ready to start the pre op diet tomorrow.

Have started buying boullion, Soups, baby food fruit purees etc oh and yummy farleys rusks for post op, and hubby bought me a big comfy tracksiut and t shirts to accomodate swelling after for the journey home.

That will hopefully be the last time I will be buying plus size!

I also bought a journal as I have got so much going round in my head good, bad, nerves and excitement etc that I thought putting pen to paper might help; that or drive my Husband mad by keep talking about this band! It will be a good way of tracking my journey anyway from being a Fatty Patty to a Skinny Minny!

C x

Hi Kerry, so pleased to hear everything went well. Thanks for the full run down, very helpful for those nervously waiting to go. Was the consult with Dr Chris in the morning the first one you had, or had you seen him in the UK before?

Wish you a speedy recovery, keep us posted on your first week.

Take care

C x

Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask , and there is the possibility it is actually a man thing! I am now 6 days post Op and I still am struggling with bending etc it's still tender, is this normal?

But on the good side I weighed in a half stone lighter this morning than I was last Tuesday, so good news there huh?

Paul:wink2:

Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask , and there is the possibility it is actually a man thing! I am now 6 days post Op and I still am struggling with bending etc it's still tender, is this normal?

But on the good side I weighed in a half stone lighter this morning than I was last Tuesday, so good news there huh?

Hi paul well done on the weight loss so far thats great.

I struggled with bending up and down a bit but every day it gets easier .The pain and the discomfort will vary from person to person i think us men just suffer more than women.lol

Hi paul well done on the weight loss so far thats great.

I struggled with bending up and down a bit but every day it gets easier .The pain and the discomfort will vary from person to person i think us men just suffer more than women.lol

Bobobaldy, my man, my wife thought exactly the same thing as you suggested, so I will take it as red ...it's a man thing!

Thanks for the encouragment, I certainly admire your details since your band was put in, impressive and I certainly hope I can do as good as you my friend.

Thanks again Paul:thumbup:

well done to all the new bandsters i feel more confident they done so well and all u original one's too,i spoke to dr chris and he is on holiday most of july so he gonna fit me in on 27th july when he is back because im on holiday in holland at the same time so i told him i might as well get done while im so close lol it's a long way off but i cant wait yay:thumbup:

Hi guys,

Well done Paul hun, half a stone already! You need to get yourself a ticker now, you'll be so proud of your loss, knowing it's never going to go back up!

The bending etc, the main problem for me was standing up / sitting down, as the port is sewn to your stomach muscles. It kinda felt like I might damage something if I tensed my muscles too much. It gets loads better after the first couple of weeks, but even now I get the odd twinge.

Freckles, thank you for your very kind comments hun, a couple of people have said I don't look like I need to lose much but I can assure you I do! I must hide it well. And as for Freddyboy fancying me, I wish!! He's dreamy.

All mums out there, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! Hope you all enjoyed it, minus the big roast dinner of course! :thumbup:

Hi Kerry, so pleased to hear everything went well. Thanks for the full run down, very helpful for those nervously waiting to go. Was the consult with Dr Chris in the morning the first one you had, or had you seen him in the UK before?

Wish you a speedy recovery, keep us posted on your first week.

Take care

C x

My consult at the hospital was the first time I had seen Dr Chris, he went through everything in full - procedure, risks, post op care etc - really clear and answered all the questions we had.

I would say try not too worry as the whole thing is very organised and the level of care if fantastic - far better than you would get here in the UK - easy for me to say now that I have come through it I know

I wish you well on the start of your journey and hope the pre-op diet goes well

All the best

Kerry :thumbup:

Well done Paul hun, half a stone already! You need to get yourself a ticker now, you'll be so proud of your loss, knowing it's never going to go back up!

The bending etc, the main problem for me was standing up / sitting down, as the port is sewn to your stomach muscles. It kinda felt like I might damage something if I tensed my muscles too much. It gets loads better after the first couple of weeks, but even now I get the odd twinge.

Freckles, thank you for your very kind comments hun, a couple of people have said I don't look like I need to lose much but I can assure you I do! I must hide it well. And as for Freddyboy fancying me, I wish!! He's dreamy.

All mums out there, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! Hope you all enjoyed it, minus the big roast dinner of course! :thumbup:

Hi Jojo,

Thanks for the help, I am relieved it's not only me who has this problem. Got some nice bruising now around my bullet wounds, and a mother of one in my arm from the blood samples, I am sure by the amount they needed they were vampires, I had to go into overtime to replace the amount they took!

Hey, does my bum look big in this? LOL:lol:

weight.png

Quick question - I am still suffering from heartburn and worried about taking tablets - would it be ok to take them

Also when I am drinking (still on liquids) I feel it trickling down into lower stomach and feels a bit uncomfortable - is that normal

Managed to get rid of some of the excess gas last night much to Brians dismay lol but still look like a beach ball and still in quite a bit of pain with it - any ideas

Thanks

Kerry

Hi Scooby, I also feel liquid going down, not too worried though at least it is going down. I had a very bad headache last night and broke Anadin extra in half, took 2 of them no problem.

Paul - Yeah I think men do feel pain more than women, although I am tender in my port area and feel like I have had a cesarean the way I try and get up from a seated position.

It was great meeting Kerry and Sue, it felt so much better having people who you could talk to there and share how you felt. Plus Brian and Ray did eat and drinkt their way through Vilvoorde.

Did anyone send the alarms off at the airport, I did, the woman was just about to frisk me and I was so scared of being touch near my scar are that I had to say I had had an operation. She said OK and then proceeded with the machine that she scans you down with, sure enought the buzzers went off - didn't ask anything further of me and said OK. They must be use to us bandsters.

I second everything Kerry has said about her experience too. Not a walk in the park and you do go thru a whole lot of emotions but it is a big thing you are doing and quite rightly you need to go through those emotions too.

One thing that has happened to me in the past and has again now, the plaster they put over the wounds irritates my skin, you can see it happen if it goes red round the edges, I left these on till I came home and have now took them off. I have one blister from this, don't leave them on too long, if you do you will end up pulling the skin on top of the blister off. This is no problem but it does hurt and not worth it.

I have lost 5lbs already, delighted, and long may it continue. I know this will slow down, but I am able to have Soup and a couple of dutch crispbake with soft cheese on.

I am back to work tomorrow, I have a sit down job so that is do-able. I don't think I could of done this if I had a standing job or more physical type of work.

To anyone thinking of this don't worry, excellent service and care - more than you will get in this country.

So off on our journey now, good to hear how everyone else is doing and thanks to you all who keep this thread going.

Susan

Hi Scooby, I also feel liquid going down, not too worried though at least it is going down. I had a very bad headache last night and broke Anadin extra in half, took 2 of them no problem.

Paul - Yeah I think men do feel pain more than women, although I am tender in my port area and feel like I have had a cesarean the way I try and get up from a seated position.

It was great meeting Kerry and Sue, it felt so much better having people who you could talk to there and share how you felt. Plus Brian and Ray did eat and drinkt their way through Vilvoorde.

Did anyone send the alarms off at the airport, I did, the woman was just about to frisk me and I was so scared of being touch near my scar are that I had to say I had had an operation. She said OK and then proceeded with the machine that she scans you down with, sure enought the buzzers went off - didn't ask anything further of me and said OK. They must be use to us bandsters.

I second everything Kerry has said about her experience too. Not a walk in the park and you do go thru a whole lot of emotions but it is a big thing you are doing and quite rightly you need to go through those emotions too.

One thing that has happened to me in the past and has again now, the plaster they put over the wounds irritates my skin, you can see it happen if it goes red round the edges, I left these on till I came home and have now took them off. I have one blister from this, don't leave them on too long, if you do you will end up pulling the skin on top of the blister off. This is no problem but it does hurt and not worth it.

I have lost 5lbs already, delighted, and long may it continue. I know this will slow down, but I am able to have Soup and a couple of dutch crispbake with soft cheese on.

I am back to work tomorrow, I have a sit down job so that is do-able. I don't think I could of done this if I had a standing job or more physical type of work.

To anyone thinking of this don't worry, excellent service and care - more than you will get in this country.

So off on our journey now, good to hear how everyone else is doing and thanks to you all who keep this thread going.

Susan

Hi Susan

Glad you made it home safe and sound, i bet you were horrified when you set off the alarms, thankfully I sailed right through without a hitch.

Brian is still recovering from his food and booze fest lol.......

I have had a rough day today the pain from all the gas has been horrific and has made me feel really yuk. Went to see GP today and he has given me some new painkillers, new medication for my heartburn and dressings to change my war wounds - he was lovely as always

You must be delighted to have lost 5 lbs already - I don't have scales in the house so will not be weighing myself for a while but confident it will come off

Talk soon

Kerry

how do you feel now paul you've had a few days to get use to it now what is the pain level like now lol just want to know roughly when ya start to feel normalish lol

how do you feel now paul you've had a few days to get use to it now what is the pain level like now lol just want to know roughly when ya start to feel normalish lol

Hi, man pain is still very acute, the mobility has got better but still tender and

wonderful bruises to show for it. Getting up and sitting down is sore still. Had a real

sharp pain around my port this morning like stitch. And still walking like a fella who has misplaced

his zimmer frame!! But were on the up as I have lost 9lbs now inside a week.

Paul

Hi, man pain is still very acute, the mobility has got better but still tender and

wonderful bruises to show for it. Getting up and sitting down is sore still. Had a real

sharp pain around my port this morning like stitch. And still walking like a fella who has misplaced

his zimmer frame!! But were on the up as I have lost 9lbs now inside a week.

Paul

great weight loss shame about the pain i hope im not like you,my fella leaves me to do everything i will be in agony lol:smile2: