Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Ah thanks mmm for the quick reply i dont think its reflux i have then i duno what it is just like rumbling air bubbles or something its just quite embaressing at times and all my friends have noticed it im just worried incase it was something wrong... Hope ur keeping well but yeah i just havnt been on as much thought id take a step back im still the same weight this 6months havnt moved really im gaining and losing the same few lbs which i dont mind just really wish i could get another 2stone off or at least one but i cant get it to move so not in the best of form but im mainting easy enough so happy about that... Glad u got ur problem sorted and hopefully the amount of fill u have in now will help

Hi flirty hows it going .I have had reflux when i was too tight and when i was lying down acid would come back up usually during the night.Once i got a slight defill it went away .I have the same symptoms you mention since i got restriction especially in the morning.If i drink Water quick when i get up it gurgles down like water going down a block sink if you know what i mean.I take big gulps when in drinking so have had to get used to taking smaller sips.Like you say i get i get it were its like trapped air in my throat and i feel like burping but cant.It is quite embarrassing as i think people can hear it going down .It does ease off as the day goes on i think its the band shrinking when your sleeping and when i eat food it opens the band up a bit letting the fluids go down a little easier.

Hey bobo hows ur loss and things going for u? U looking fab on bebo... Umm i dont think its reflux i have then cos nothing is coming up just that gurgling air feeling cos i defo dont feel like the band is too tight cos i can still eat alot if thats the band too tight im screwed lol i was actually gona go for a fill next month just dying to lose more and it aint happening...

Hi flirty cheers. Not doing to bad weight loss slowed right down a bit like yourself i have been putting a bit on and taking a bit off dont seem to be getting any run inthe loosing side.Im still doing the Atkins style diet eating loads of protien but i might change it about a bit and go on to a low cal eating plan to see if the speeds it up any .I have slight restriction but im not wanting to get more in as the gurgling we were talking about earlier gets worse the more restriction i have .I can still eat anything at christmas we were out and i could eat a main and a pudding so alot of the restriction is self restriction.Im quite happy with my weight just now but you know yourself you aways strive to loose that little bit more weight.Im looking to loose a another stone and i will be at my target.Are you going to fred for your fill.?

Hi Baarbs, Glad everything is going ok, havent been on for a little while as slipped off the wagon over Christmas and having a wee problem getting back into it. But I am going to Newport on Friday morning for a fill may bump into one another? I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will restrict me a bit more and get me back on track, as I couldnt get there in December. Good Luck on your Weight Loss Journey x:thumbup:x

Hi, I won't be going for my first fill untill Feb 26th as this week is only 2 weeks but if you are going next month I may see you. Hope it sorts you out and gets you on track

Hi I am considering travelling to Brussels for the Surgery however am a little worried about the risks and aftercare, how safe is it to go abroad. Would I be better to pay privately for the surgery here in the UK?

Hey bobo hows ur loss and things going for u? U looking fab on bebo... Umm i dont think its reflux i have then cos nothing is coming up just that gurgling air feeling cos i defo dont feel like the band is too tight cos i can still eat alot if thats the band too tight im screwed lol i was actually gona go for a fill next month just dying to lose more and it aint happening...

hey ursula, hate to say it but it sounds like ur heading for restriction, i know u aint properly had it but thats the noises i got bfore i got too sweet spot.

gx

Scooby Doo,

I haven't had surgery yet, but I'm booked with Dr Chris in 2 weeks time. I thought about the surgery and researched it for 2 years before making a decision and it was this forum that helped me to make my mind up.

Dr Chris seems to have an excellent reputation, and I have to say I don't think you could get it done by a better surgeon in the UK. The only difference would be a few thousand pounds!!

I hope you come to the decision that's right for you.

A quick question for anyone else - I'm about to start my pre-op low fat diet. I was just wondering how strict you should be? I will be good for the next 2 weeks, but I was wondering if a nice meal and maybe a few drinks is allowed the night before the surgery?

Cheers,

hey ursula, hate to say it but it sounds like ur heading for restriction, i know u aint properly had it but thats the noises i got bfore i got too sweet spot.

gx

Hi all havent been on for a wee while hope everyones doing fine. Gary and Bobo your doing great.

Im glad flirty brought up the drain noise question, I went for my 6th fill yesterday and got another 0.75 ml put in and since then the noises thats coming from me is embarrassing its like my tummy rumbling in my chest and throat and is extremely loud. Fingers crossed this is it!!

I lost 2lbs over christmas and new year not great but last year I would have gained 1/2 a stone over the holidays.

Time is now I hope you got on ok yesterday and everything is now well. All the people going for their op soon I wish you the very best of luck. Jx

Whoop whoop I've done it!! Just paid my deposit and confirmed that I will be going to Dr Chris A WEEK ON FRIDAY!!! How fast is that!!! I am so excited....and nervous now!! I obviously can't do a 2 week low fat diet as I dont have that long, so am going to try and be super strict this next week!! I travel a week tomorrow and have my band fitted on the 5th Feb....:thumbup:

Throw any advice my way please!!! :thumbup: xxx

mmm, have you scheduled for your annual exam with Dr. Chris? I'm hoping he can fit me in next week. I see you've recently had an x-ray. Was that for the annual thing or something else? I only have 6ml in my band (3 fills with Frederik). I was so tight after the last one that when it finally loosened up I swore I wouldn't have another, but now I'm not so sure.

What has happened to Gillian and her gang? I haven't been on the forum in months, but I never was on often. I am amazed at how much the forum has slowed down without them. Glad to see flirty is still doing well. Gary as well. -T

Scooby Doo,

I haven't had surgery yet, but I'm booked with Dr Chris in 2 weeks time. I thought about the surgery and researched it for 2 years before making a decision and it was this forum that helped me to make my mind up.

Dr Chris seems to have an excellent reputation, and I have to say I don't think you could get it done by a better surgeon in the UK. The only difference would be a few thousand pounds!!

I hope you come to the decision that's right for you.

A quick question for anyone else - I'm about to start my pre-op low fat diet. I was just wondering how strict you should be? I will be good for the next 2 weeks, but I was wondering if a nice meal and maybe a few drinks is allowed the night before the surgery?

Cheers,

Hi We all had the last supper in the hotel so yes a nice meal on your last night is fine and maybe one drink but I decided to abstain from the alcohol didn't want to take any chances but like I say one I shouldn't think would do any harm but nothing no food no drink of any kind after midnight day befor surgery.

mmm, have you scheduled for your annual exam with Dr. Chris? I'm hoping he can fit me in next week. I see you've recently had an x-ray. Was that for the annual thing or something else? I only have 6ml in my band (3 fills with Frederik). I was so tight after the last one that when it finally loosened up I swore I wouldn't have another, but now I'm not so sure.

What has happened to Gillian and her gang? I haven't been on the forum in months, but I never was on often. I am amazed at how much the forum has slowed down without them. Glad to see flirty is still doing well. Gary as well. -T

Hi tamisu, I had 6.25 in my band and it caused night time reflux so I made an appointment with my local spire hospital consultant at Cardiff, he gave me an instant unfil and arranged for the barium xray he said this was sign of band slippage and wanted to confirm the band was still as it should be. The result was that the band was still good and had not slipped I then had a fill whilst swallowing the barium for him to decide how much of a fill to give me, he thought 4.8 was suitable because I had some gullet irritation, I had a thorough examination of the band which is what would happen at an annual check. In total it cost me £160 so I'm quite pleased and I think it has worked out cheaper than going back to Belgium. I want to add that the overfill was not in any way caused by Dr Chris, or any of his colleagues.

mmm thanks for the speedy reply. Yes, you're right, what you paid is just a little more than what transportation alone is to Brussels. I haven't seen anybody outside of ECFS since surgery. There is not any alternative here in Norwich (at least none that I can find). So, I've been going to London, which turns out to be much fun every time, like I said, I've only had 3 fills. Anyway, I'll see how this check up goes. Looks like we are moving to the Middle East soon and I know Dr. Chris has monthly surgery in Dubai.

I'm glad to hear all was (is) well with you and your band.-T

Hi all havent been on for a wee while hope everyones doing fine. Gary and Bobo your doing great.

Im glad flirty brought up the drain noise question, I went for my 6th fill yesterday and got another 0.75 ml put in and since then the noises thats coming from me is embarrassing its like my tummy rumbling in my chest and throat and is extremely loud. Fingers crossed this is it!!

I lost 2lbs over christmas and new year not great but last year I would have gained 1/2 a stone over the holidays.

Time is now I hope you got on ok yesterday and everything is now well. All the people going for their op soon I wish you the very best of luck. Jx

hi homecare

good to her from you, well done over crimbo. I would say your nearly there, i got the gurgling sound and one fill after i was at my sweet spot so yehhh, I got there at end of sept and have not a fill since then, i could probably do with a little top up, if i eat normal food it sticks however i hve changed my eating to things with loads of sauce and rice however that now means i am eating little more again so need to address it now.

Gx