Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hello

Everyone, just back from holiday. Cant believe how many posts...dont think that i can read them all!

Garry i am so pleased about your band and i hope you feel fantastic again asap.

xx

I carriejess thanks for your support nice to see your pretty wee fce back hope you had a nice time.

gx

Hi Garry,

So glad to hear that you had the easier route rather than the full fix. It was great to hear you back on the forum and sounding so confident.

Westie x

cheers westie, fortunately i have kept positive about it as i could have easily went the other way.

gx

Garry, great to see you back and fantastic that you didnt have to go through the whole procedure again, although I was glad I had it done, could have done without the first few days of discomfort though. But it's been well worth it, I have lost 30lbs since before i had the new band.

Dr Chris and co are really worth their weight in gold, I'm so glad you were treated so well.

Shell nice to see you too hunny.

Maggs, thats a good price of £80.

I dont think I'm gonna need another fill for some time, I told you the night of the wedding I vomited for England just because I ate a little too many party things and drank too much, though it was spread over the whole day and evening.

I still struggle with drinks, so I must be full as a boot!!

Wishful, hi chick, not 'seen' you in a while, hope you're doing good.

And to all the girlies/guys on here good luck with the weight loss.

freckles, you just crack me up honey.

gx

Hi Gary, I'm so pleased its all over for you now and you have had a repair job done, did you find out if we can use the slendertone belts, I've still got a spare tyre but I'm no longer looking like the michalin man, so a bit of toning and a bit more weight off should do it. Love mmm

hi mags, i am please your shedding the weight allbeit you dont have much to loose, i did hve a chat with CDB on the gym item things, i sked him about abdominal stuff, no you cant do full sit ups but you really should not be doing them anymore anyway as there old hat so do small crunches or lie flat back and do leg raises. On the vibrating plate machines he said he has no problems with them, he said some surgeons say no but he doesnt so that good, so whoever sent back the hired one (cant remember) get back on the phone as the boss said it was ok. I also asked about the rowing machine, he slightly screwed his face up as he said its very repetitive and if you do, do it then not for too long.

hope this helps folks.

gx

hi homecare, pity as they go fill you up too and a change from bloody soup!:confused:

great minds and all that had dutch crispbreads today for my tea with laughing cow extra light cheese on them,good to have something to crunch again!:)

never mind onto mushies/soft foods tomorrow for next three days!

TIN

p.s did you get booked in ok for glasgow?

Hi TIN thank god for the mushies had some weetabix this morning mmmm! I got booked for 3.30 on the 15th of September with Wendy. Odge on here had 3ml first fill then only 1.5 second then something like .5ml for third so Im not expecting miracles slow but sure. Ive lost 3lb this week down to liquids only Im sure but not complaining. What time is your appt with Wendy. Jx

Hi TIN thank god for the mushies had some weetabix this morning mmmm! I got booked for 3.30 on the 15th of September with Wendy. Odge on here had 3ml first fill then only 1.5 second then something like .5ml for third so Im not expecting miracles slow but sure. Ive lost 3lb this week down to liquids only Im sure but not complaining. What time is your appt with Wendy. Jx

hey j hope your well, you feel much diff with your fill.

we will have to meet for a coffee at sainsbury soon.

gx

Licha I nearly splattered my weetabix over my pc monitor when reading your post about gym and nether regions, it was soo funny.

Gary Im so pleased your all done and dusted and you even got the thicker scarring removed. Maybe it will be better than ever now and youve been so positive. Well done honey.

Freckles I hope your feeling better after the wedding and your mums doing ok. Hows the bowels now!!!!

Odge it looks like your doing well. I hope you have your restriction soon.

Im going to Florida on Sunday and Im hoping I can keep the weight loss going. Im gonna walk a lot and swim a lot and hopefully not eat a lot. Jx

Its been a few days since I've been able to catch up. Well done and welcome back everyone who have had their bands fitted. Welcome home Gary, glad its wasnt too invasive and your're on the mend.

Roll on September......

S.x

hey j hope your well, you feel much diff with your fill.

we will have to meet for a coffee at sainsbury soon.

gx

Hi Gary I only started mushies this morning so dont really know if there is any difference. Im so glad your ok and yes we will have to meet for coffee in sainsburys again. Im going to Florida on Sunday for 2 weeks so maybe after that eh? How long will you be off work for and how you feeling. Jx:thumbup:

Welcome back the newest members of the bandster club! Hope you are on your way to recovery and not feeling too sore.

That goes for Garry the repair man too...

How was it to travel back after the op feeling sore? Would you recommend waiting another full day or two afterwards to recover before heading home.

Thanks for the pics Ivsey2... I have to say you looked rather bright and breezy post op. This gives me hope that I won't be too wrecked afterwards!

Galx

:thumbup: Ok guys - ive messaged the online mail thing about the story mad me cross like most of you i guess.... waiting for it to be cleared.

Anyway, ahead of me going for my infill on saturday, thought i'd lie on the bed and have a feel..... ok freckles, nothing dirty i'm afraid....... to try and feel my port, OMG I cant find it! Do you think that Wendy at wls will be able to feel it? Bit worried about that.

Waffling now..... my mind wanders lol....... i just had a bit of chocolate and on a sugar rush!

:blush:I joined my husbands gym today, I was most disappointed, you have to climb up 2 flights of stairs, have a degree in computer technology to use the equipment and to realised that i need a smaller arse or i'll be wearing those bike/ rowing machine seats like a thong on a models backside! Plus one essential item missing...... i didnt see any Water machine nor oxygen machines! Oh well, tomorrow is the day for the grand induction followed by a swim.

:bored:That in itself is causing a few probs.. i havent lost enough weight to be able to have a natural view of my nether regions and i would hate to go swimming with some spiders legs hanging out of the cossy! So think of me in the morning contorting myself over a mirror, checking out my 2lb of liver and a bad wig whilst trying to hoist my skirt of fat over my shoulder and give myself a trim!!!!

Whilst im on the subject - the gym has a beautician there and i was ready the treatments you can have, 1/2 a leg wax, lip and chin wax, bikini line, a brazillian and OMG a hollywood!!! What the hell is a hollywood????:wub::thumbup::biggrin::(:w00t:

Must be an age thing

Sorry if your reading this over breakfast!

Lisa

:sneaky::tongue::tongue:Banded 7th July 2009 :sneaky::tongue::drool:

Hi all!. not been on for a while!!.read the story in yesterdays daily mail, and i was shaking with anger..i did comment and they have put it on!!..also they put yours on too lischa!(loved your spider legs/shave story!..sounds like me this morning too!)..infact just put another comment on but think it was bit insulting, so dunno if theyll put it on!!..hope so..the silly cows deserve it!..by the way..if they do put it on, and you do read it im certainly not a size 8..but they dont know that do they?!! (i will be one day, but ill be a nice size 8 who doesnt judge anyone overweight, cos ill know how they feel!) anyway welcome back everyone who has just had bands..and garry with your repair..hope your all ok and taking it easy for a few more days. i hope everyone else is doing fantastic too..im not on so much nowadays but still check in once a week, if anyone wants me for owt inbetween PM me x

Edited by gillian

Hi all!. not been on for a while!!.read the story in yesterdays daily mail, and i was shaking with anger..i did comment and they have put it on!!..also they put yours on too lischa!(loved your spider legs/shave story!..sounds like me this morning too!)..infact just put another comment on but think it was bit insulting, so dunno if theyll put it on!!..hope so..the silly cows deserve it!..by the way..if they do put it on, and you do read it im certainly not a size 8..but they dont know that do they?!! (i will be one day, but ill be a nice size 8 who doesnt judge anyone overweight, cos ill know how they feel!) anyway welcome back everyone who has just had bands..and garry with your repair..hope your all ok and taking it easy for a few more days. i hope everyone else is doing fantastic too..im not on so much nowadays but still check in once a week, if anyone wants me for owt inbetween PM me x

Go Sis and Lischa! Glad you posted a comment in response on Daily Mail site and I rated your posts accordingly and went through rating down all the 'just eat less' idiots. You probably won't change their minds but they deserved blasting for their unreasonable, ignorant comments. Lots of people commenting on people dying or seriously ill from band complications (which we all know are tiny %age) but nothing about people dying and the serious life threatening illnesses caused by being overweight and costing the NHS shed loads of money to treat - and that must be a far bigger %age than band problems. We must be saving the NHS a damned sight more than we are costing them when looking at bandsters overall.

Oh yeah, have a great weekend everyone, new bandsters put feet up and Garry too with his spanking new tube! Bigsis xx

hi gary sorry we didnt meet somone i spoke to, one other ladies who had done same day as me said they spoke to u cathy xxx

cant belive i lost weight already all that running to the loo lol washed my wounds today they looked ok bit raised seem to bigger then wat i thought they would be, hopfully shrink in time, just cant wait to heal now, feel so nackered all time, but to be expected cant moan lol cathy xxx

Talk about getting me mad!!!!

This is my latest blog on the femail interview with the woman who mearly died having a gastric band........

Piffle!! Destroying the NHS are we, us banders? Are you aware that we pay privately for our operations and our aftercare and in fills for our bands, this in turn reduces the cost to the NHS as our obesity related illness' lessen the more weight we loose. My diabetes has virtually disappeared since my gastric band. I guess that must mean I am a bad person for releasing some of treatment from the nhs and saving them money! I personally have done this 100% for my health and longevity. No, Seriously, well done to those people whom are lucky enough to have the will power to reduce there intake and exercise and loose weight. But it does make me wonder - why are you trying to loose weight if your will power is so strong and how come your big enough to need to loose weight in the 1st place? One of my "large" pals walks past my house each week on her way to diet club and parts with £5 each time. I have known her for 25yrs and she is still the same size. Tell me who's the stupid one!

Anyway.... lol ho hum, granddaughter is 9 weeks old now and testing her lungs and her mums patience i think!!!

I went to the gym today and I have to say it wasnt sooooo bad. Boredom and repetativeness will get on my tits in the end but i ended the 1 1/2 hr session with a jacuzzi and a sauna - bliss!

Off to London tomorrow for the infill let you know how it goes.

Well done to all you newbies and good news for you garry. Hope it all goes well.#

Lisa xxxxx:thumbup: