Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Definately understand Gary but thats my point why would he let wendy muscle in on his parade. Maybe Im missing something but cant see whats in it for him. As just now he charges per fill and a lot of people will keep to ecfs for the exact reason you have given a guarantee. The reason Im so interested is Wendy is speaking to him soon I understand and as my package doesnt start till 11th August and they come to some agreement Im wondering if I will come under the guarantee, if that makes sense? Jx:wub:

personally guys i think that they both will do better in the long run combining their services especially as a total surgery/aftercare service.

i know from my own experience i am and am still very worried about what happend say after i return home to uk or 2 yrs down the line?....so if they can tie this up together with some sort of gaurantees for problems such as garys etc then all the better for us and their reputation for all round service?

good luck gary and see you soon homecare as i need a fill fast....too much drink at the weekend at wedding and after it with all the parties...knackered!:huh2:

:blink:

Well I got my date today going over next tues the 11th and gettn fixed on 12th so all good they have been fantastic can't fault frederik, chris d and dr chris very impressed with the way they have handled it. So all u guys being done on the 12th let me know who u are and I can hold your hand and offer as much advice as I can hopefully I can ease your axiety.

Gx

hi garry sorry this is a bit late but not been on due to the weekend wedding that stretches till monday night!:huh2:

so glad to hear that you are being well looked after from the "main men" and you are impressed makes me breath a little easier incase i have any probs in the future re my own band!

:blink:

thanks everyone for your kind words i just want it done and dusted i am a bit annoyed that i will be there for the same time as when i had the main op.

gx

Edited by garrymcfall

thanks everyone for your kind words i just want it done and dusted i am a bit annoyed that i will be there for the same time as when i had the main op.

gx

Hi Garry so pleased for you your getting sorted hope you wont be out of pocket two much do you have to pay for hotel & flights :blink::thumbup:

Hi to Mandy & Jewy great to see you back:smile::huh2:

Just want to wish anybody having op this week and next week the very best of luck:smile::huh2:

Hi Garry so pleased for you your getting sorted hope you wont be out of pocket two much do you have to pay for hotel & flights :blink::thumbup:

Hi to Mandy & Jewy great to see you back:smile::huh2:

Just want to wish anybody having op this week and next week the very best of luck:smile::huh2:

shoes, fortuntely for me they have made a specil offer for me in that i pay for nothing, i have paid flight but will get it refunded when i get there. so i am happy jusy hope i dont need to go through all the same sh*t as per initial op.

gx

Hi Bev! I'm being banded the same day as you! I'm arriving by Eurostar about 4pm with hubby. What about you? Tell us all about you - or pm me if you'd rather. Looking forward to meeting you 5 weeks today!!!!

woo hoo!!!!! a partner in crime!!!

Im arriving with my best friend quite late in the day. Our flight doesnt land til 18:15 then we've got to get the bus and train (both short hournerys though). We are staying at the Camanile Hotel - are you??? Oooo just realised, i dont know your name! lol. Sure i will real soon though :blink:)

Really kinda relieved I knpw someone else now having it the same time as me :huh2:) :huh2:) :thumbup:)

Hi Garry. We havent chatted before but ive been nosying at the probs you've had. So pleased that they are sorting things for you now tho babe. Chin up darlin, we're all in this together for the long haul XXX

hi bobo

I'v hired a vibrating plate from fitness takeaway £55+£3delivery for a month it's comming tomorrow,have you or anyone else tried them or know anything about them.it's supposed to be good for burning the calories and shaking the beef off you (i'll try anything me)

good luck to Garry and all the rest of you thats getting banded soon.

homecare

good to hear your doing a lot better apart from your hangover.i'm not being as sick now i'v really slowed things down. beeboo x

hiya dont want to be a spoil sport but cdb told the group NOT to use those sort of machines etc not good for the band?:huh2:

if you have time b4 to use all well and good!

sorry to tell you that hope it all goes well....ps also said cant use the sit up device or rowing machines too repetetive and i have both from 15yrs of belly fight!:blink:

good luck

hey timeisnow

I'm canceling it in the morning,a few of you's have told me not to use it, i'm not going to risk lossing my band but thanx anyway.

beeboo x

Well im n serious countdown for 8th September when im banded after the day ive had today.

I took my 2 boys to Drayton Manor and after much pleading from my 8yr old, I agreed to go on a ride with him. To my horror the harness wouldn't close and I was asked to leave the ride in front of 40 other ride-goers. Ive never felt so embarrassed or ashamed in my life. I laughed it off in front of the family and said blimey its due to my great bazoomas, but we all know its plainly that im fat. I never ever want to be in that situation again, embarrassing both me and my children!

Hi

Can anyone tell me what I should take to Belgium with me? I got painkillers and some dressings but should I take slimfast and cupasoup. If I should take slimfast did you take ready made or powder (I hate milk) I thought the ready made stuff might taste nicer!!! Any thoughts or suggestions welcome

Jackie

hiya jackie, basically i would take what you have heard as very good advice to cover all aspects till u get home!

however i have a cupboard full of things i never used such as remegal,painkillers,nurofen melts (used a few) had things we got from the hospital etc never used it depends on each person so better safe than sorry!

gotta say the windeeze have been a god send if you do have likes of homemade soup(mushies) later or drink lager coke etc as the wind was bad after the Soup and lager!:huh2:

anyway good luck and just do what i did and use this excellent board to answer many questions. and find new friends when ur actually there... if ur still struggling anyone on here will help no probs!:blink:

Hi everyone, good to hear your all well and happy, sorry for being moody a couple of weeks ago, everything seamed to be going wrong and I had posted a couple of questions on here and I did get any relply. Sorry again guys

Gary it is so good to here that your band is going to be fixed, hope all goes well.

It is so good to read all your messages, your all doing great, I am still stuck, I still have no restriction. I am going away in 2 weeks, so looking forward to that, I have not lost as much weight as I would have liked to have done, but once I get bk I can start to get my fills and a good restriction and then weight lose.

Good luck everyone who has decided to have the band fitted you are on your way to a bright future. It really is good to see how well everyone are doing

Mandyx

hi mandy, just thought i would reply after reading as i think im not far behind you re banding?

must admit wish i had lost more as not eating loads however been told even a pound a week is a good thing?

worked it out since my 30th and i have only put on 3 pounds per year now im OBESE!

SO a pound less is great especially as you get older..eventually this punishement of liquids will be worth it!

keep yur chin up:rolleyes2:

hey Bev

that must have been awful for you being asked to leave the ride but things like that has happened to most of us so don't feel to bad about it.at least your going to do somthing about it, getting banded for me was the best thing i'd done coz i couldn't or wouldn't stick to any diet and belive me i was on every diet in the book like most of us here.I know how you feel when you said that you just laughed it off but inside you were being ripped apart.I would always joke about my fat just incase someone said anything about my weight so i would get in there first.it won't be long now till you'v got a band in and your whole life will change for the better.i hope you feel a bit better and stop beating yourself up,so good luck and be happy and the next time you go on that ride they'll be able to get 2 harness's round you.i'd better get a move on going to work.

beeboo x

Well im n serious countdown for 8th September when im banded after the day ive had today.

I took my 2 boys to Drayton Manor and after much pleading from my 8yr old, I agreed to go on a ride with him. To my horror the harness wouldn't close and I was asked to leave the ride in front of 40 other ride-goers. Ive never felt so embarrassed or ashamed in my life. I laughed it off in front of the family and said blimey its due to my great bazoomas, but we all know its plainly that im fat. I never ever want to be in that situation again, embarrassing both me and my children!

OMG Bev you poor thing...........Is funny how we can put a brave face on at the time but inside its killing us. My kids have missed out on soooo much because I wont even go to places like that. I'm ashamed to say it but I've never taken them swimming, ice skating or done any of the 'normal' things families do together. My god I'm going to make it up to them when I can (even though there teenagers now) its never to late to have fun!!!

Just think you'll never see those fourty people again.

Take Cae

Jackie

Hi Guys may I first of all welcome Mandy back thats a whole lot going on in your life, try not to get too stressed babe.

Gary Im soo pleased your not out of pocket, do you know what part of the band is leaking and if you have to get whole new band. Im sure your just relieved to be getting it. I was wondering if you have to go through the whole scenario again with waiting for weeks before first fill or because you already have a band placed will it just be a matter of filling it to where you were before. Either way Im sure you will get on with it without complaint because thats the type of guy you are. Good luck Gary.

Time is now I am so ready for a fill. Glad you enjoyed the Wedding WEEKEND hope it hasnt done too much damage. What time is your appt?

Bev that episode must have been so embarrasing for you but sometimes I think it takes something like that to happen to give us a kick up the back side although its not nice!! I remember my mums 2nd trip on a plane she couldnt get seatbelt fastned and they had to give her extension. She was mortified, and 3 women who were sitting across from her were giggling, she couldnt hold her head up for the 4 hour journey. When the plane landed and the overhead cabins opened the woman who had done the most giggling got hit on the head with a bag containing duty free alcohol and she started to cry,the stewardess knew what had happend earlier and smiled at my mum, guess who wasnt feeling any sympathy??? Anyway to cut a long story short on that holiday mum lost a stone. Could fasten her seatbelt flight home and continued to lose another 3 stone when she got home. Jx

Got to go to work now.

Edited by homecare