Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi mmm, haven't been on the forum for a while but I have been reading everones comments. I was banded back in march with my sister big bones.

I wouldn't worry about going with wendy at wls, she is extremely competent at giving fills. I had my first fill with her last saturday in london after having a very traumatic fill by frederick at end of june, in fact I was worried he may have damaged the band - but no all is well. All in all I would say Dr Chris and co are excellent for surgery but I prefer wls for the aftercare with the lovely wendy!

I have lost 3 and a half stone up to now and I need to update my ticker, but I am very pleased with my progress and have no regrets about being 'banded'.:smile2:

WOW Jewy you must be so pleased with your weight loss, well done, I'm quite confident with Wendys ability, its just that if things go wrong with the band through no fault on anyones part (such as freckles and Garry) would we be able to get corrective surgery, free under gauranteee and if so who would front the costs, thats my only concern, I've booked and paid for the 6 months package, so will probably go through with it anyway and take a chance. Thanks for your concern and I will keep a look out for your updated ticker its fab when you can see it dropping down the line,

Hi gary im so glad that they are not making you wait to long to get your problem sorted out.. i do agree with you about staying with dr chris for fills as if you go with someone else for a fill and it went wrong dr chris wouldn't be under any obligation to fix it, it is a lot of money to get done again.. wendy might be experienced but so is frederik and it shows accidents do happen.. Hope everything goes well for you x

Jackie, just noticed you are a Bristol Lass, I'm from Bristol and although I live in Wiltshire, I'm there most weekends......

Good luck with your Op, thinking of you. Let me know where you are getting your fills ? I've booked Wendy at WLS, so I will have to go to Cardiff ! Might be able to meet up some time, you never know.....where in Bristol do you live ?

Hey Guys, I've managed to get my Op brought forward. Its now Friday 11th September. Let me know if anyone else is going out then, it would be good to hook up.

S. x

Hi Starsky, Well theres not many of us from the west country on here. Thanks for the good luck, It all seems a bit strange at the mo. Not packed yet, Is it happening to me!!!I'm in Bedminster, I plan to get the fill in Bristol as I work full time and honestly I cant be bothered to drive to Cardiff, I drove there once and hated it. I would love to meet up, Ive not met anyone that has had aband yet.

Take Care

Jackie

Hi Jackie

I'm getting banded by dr chris on the 7th too :)

I'm coming from scotland but at least you should be able to understand me better than the locals!!!

i'm very nervous and havent done brilliantly on the diet..a bit like yourself, all the last chance meals have been ridiculous :smile2:

it would be good to be able to meet on Fri... where are you booked to stay the night before? im at the Sheraton airport hotel.

hope to hear from you ;-)

Hurray:thumbup:...Someone whos getting banded the same time as me. I booked the package with Fred so I think I will be staying close to the hospital. We will see each other a the hospital, It makes me feel better knowing that I will see someone I know over there.

The nerves are begining to set in.....plus not sure if I have everything..Going shopping in a while to get all the last minute stuff. Felling nervous about carrying sooooo much cash as well. G

Good Luck... See you on Friday

Jackie

Well I got my date today going over next tues the 11th and gettn fixed on 12th so all good they have been fantastic can't fault frederik, chris d and dr chris very impressed with the way they have handled it. So all u guys being done on the 12th let me know who u are and I can hold your hand and offer as much advice as I can hopefully I can ease your axiety.

Gx

Fantastic news Garry.....Shame we just miss each other but at least your getting fixed very soon. It really makes me feel more comfortable about booking the surget with Dr Chris.....You always wonder how they deal with aftercare when something goes wrong.

Take Care

Jackie

Hi gary im so glad that they are not making you wait to long to get your problem sorted out.. i do agree with you about staying with dr chris for fills as if you go with someone else for a fill and it went wrong dr chris wouldn't be under any obligation to fix it, it is a lot of money to get done again.. wendy might be experienced but so is frederik and it shows accidents do happen.. Hope everything goes well for you x

Hi Wishfull..........I agree with everything you say but I suppose some people are not always lucky enough to live close to one of Dr C clinics. Whats happened to Garry made my mind up to have fills in Bristol, but I hate travelling so that had a big part to play as well.

Got to go shopping now

Take Care

Jackie

Well I got my date today going over next tues the 11th and gettn fixed on 12th so all good they have been fantastic can't fault frederik, chris d and dr chris very impressed with the way they have handled it. So all u guys being done on the 12th let me know who u are and I can hold your hand and offer as much advice as I can hopefully I can ease your axiety.

Gx

Thats great gary your getting done so quick .It will be good for you to get your band working for you again.And at least you will know what the process is before you go.And i hope it all goes well for you.

Hi Jackie,

I'm finding the low fat diet ok, have had the occasional slip-up but nothing major. I am taking the milk thistle tablets when i remember!!!

I didn't get a diet plan to follow but i am vegetarian so most of them don't suit me anyway.

How are you feeling?x

Hi Toppings,

I'm getting on ok, had a couple of slip-ups but nothing major. Although my friends want to take me out for a meal before i go and not sureif its a good idea. I am taking the milk thistle tablets when i remember!!! It seems so real now, all i can think of is 'this time next week'!!!

Where r u staying?x

So glad you're feeling a bit better now Anita.

Have a lovely holiday Sammy, is hubby going too?

I just wanted to tell you all that the toilet issues are still ongoing, everyone keeps saying you cant expect to go much cos you're not eating much!!!

I'm trying to get mor liquids down and trying to walk more, so will see if that helps.

I feel like one day there's going to be a BIG POO and no Freckles lol.

I have found a cure for my acid reflux and that horrible full feeling that you get sometimes, in the back of your throat when you havent even eaten. I eat 2 cream crackers with butter and Marmite on....of course it may just be the crackers that help, you dont have to have Marmite, but I love it.

Sorry I've only skimmed through, have a meeting with the OCC Therapist at the hospital about my Mum coming home.

Sammy, Maggs and I havent met up yet, its this thursday lol.

xxxxx

Hi Toppings,

I'm getting on ok, had a couple of slip-ups but nothing major. Although my friends want to take me out for a meal before i go and not sureif its a good idea. I am taking the milk thistle tablets when i remember!!! It seems so real now, all i can think of is 'this time next week'!!!

Where r u staying?x

Hi Maysh,

I'm staying at the Campanile hotel. Purely cos apparently everyone stays there - don't want to be the only banded person at the Crown Plaza!

See Garry is getting re-done on the 12th too! I've been taking my Milk Thistle too, but mine is in droplet form so add to a glass of Water three times a day. I don't drink alcohol anyhow so here's hoping my liver shouldn't be too big anyhow. Had porridge for Breakfast, herbal tea at 11, now having a salad for lunch with tuna fish. Oh shine my halo:smile:

Its hard going alright, and I'ver certainly slipped up like yourself - mainly with crisps.

Its my birthday today and hubby has bought profeterioles for dessert....I'll have one, maybe 2.....oh help:cursing:

Hi Maysh,

I'm staying at the Campanile hotel. Purely cos apparently everyone stays there - don't want to be the only banded person at the Crown Plaza!

See Garry is getting re-done on the 12th too! I've been taking my Milk Thistle too, but mine is in droplet form so add to a glass of Water three times a day. I don't drink alcohol anyhow so here's hoping my liver shouldn't be too big anyhow. Had porridge for breakfast, herbal tea at 11, now having a salad for lunch with tuna fish. Oh shine my halo:smile:

Its hard going alright, and I'ver certainly slipped up like yourself - mainly with crisps.

Its my birthday today and hubby has bought profeterioles for dessert....I'll have one, maybe 2.....oh help:cursing:

Hi Topping, Happy Birthday, I'll help you out with the profiteroles, if you have just the one, I'll have the other one cos its my birthday tomorrow, I'm such a good friend, so can can shine my halo whilst your at it :smile2:

Hi Topping, Happy Birthday, I'll help you out with the profiteroles, if you have just the one, I'll have the other one cos its my birthday tomorrow, I'm such a good friend, so can can shine my halo whilst your at it :)

Hi mmm, thanks for your wishes and a big happy birthday for tomorrow. You can certainly have one of my profiteroles. As your so far away I'll have to eat it for you hon :smile2: