Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi all does anyone know if Dr Chris has availability for August as my sister and partner want to get banded and cant go September due to work comitments. She really doesnt want to wait until October but will have to if no choice. I have read a few people going out next week but nothing after so just wondering if Chris and fred having another holiday or just no one on this forum being banded late August. Jx

Hi!

I have been reading the posts but one thing I am unsure of is, do you have to meet someone before getting a op date?

I am in N.Ireland and just wondered where I would have to go or what way does it work.

The first step is to e.mail CDB (DR Chris) or Fred, asking them for details, they will then ask you to fill out a questionaire you can return it to them for assesment to see if you are eligable and get a price your pre op consultancy is in Belgium the evening before the op, or you can arrange a pre op consultation closer to home, but you will have to pay a separate consultancy fee prior to arranging your op.

Thank you all so much for the welcomes. I have actually spent over a year lurking on these forums reading the posts.

I think my main motivation has been the fact NO ONE takes fat people seriously and I find that tough going in my business.

I am considering the lapband AP. Has anyone else got this band? It comes in tiny compartments and prevents creases forming that can split. It costs an extra 500 euro however and Dr. Chris says he hasn't seen that it helps with weightloss over time. Just reading Garry's experience though makes me think about it more seriously....

Any thoughts?

Gal x

Hi and welcome Galatea. Have never heard of this type of band, which manufacturer is it? Certainly sounds worth considering if it can cut out some of the risk of leakage etc and maybe worth the extra payment? You'll have to let us all know any further info, it may be helpful for any pre bandsters on here, Bigsister x

Hi all does anyone know if Dr Chris has availability for August as my sister and partner want to get banded and cant go September due to work comitments. She really doesnt want to wait until October but will have to if no choice. I have read a few people going out next week but nothing after so just wondering if Chris and fred having another holiday or just no one on this forum being banded late August. Jx

Hi homecare,

As far as I understand, there is a big conference in South of France for all the Bariatric Surgeons. they are all coming over from USA too. When I booked my surgery, the lastest dates he had in August was 11th and 12th, then Tues & Fridays in Sept. I'm actually booked for 12th August, but I booked that back in June!!!

Maybe suggest if there is a cancellation available to your sister and partner....

Siobhain

Hi Everyone, how's it goin ?

I have had my worse day since being banded unable to keep any food down first thing had boiled egg and toast after first bite knew I had prob'. Lunchtime tried yoghurt nothing goig down definitely feels like something is blocking food.This has been ongoing from Thur' I was able to go out last night managed my meal fine was surprised this is back - but today is not good really concerned as I had severe oesphagitis Dec/ Jan and this feels very similar unable to swallow food.

Homecare I booked my op 2 weeks before I went phoned Frederik with dates I was off he said it was booked, Bridget (another provider) phoned me to say she had a canc' on the 7th July so I phoned Fred' never let on and asked could I confirm cancellation for 7th he explained who Bridget was BUT said he would speak to Chris and see what he could do.He emailed the next day to say it would be fine.

Emma81 - I also went from N Ireland I just booked package with Frederik, I did discuss concerns with my GP. You could go and see Fred' in Dublin they go once a month to do fills, but really I didn't feel this was necessary as you can email them re. any issues, concerns or phone them. They got back to me within 12 - 24hrs.

:) Fingers crossed for Michelle and Wendy's meeting with Fred/Chris this week 1 of the issues is for more fill dates in Belfast I think it's the 3rd they're meeting in Belgium.

I think this conference is at Port Vendres which is about 5 miles to where I'm at in the South of France, I'll be there around that time, so I might pop along and see if I can get a free fill, all in the name of science of course,

Hi Everyone, how's it goin ?

I have had my worse day since being banded unable to keep any food down first thing had boiled egg and toast after first bite knew I had prob'. Lunchtime tried yoghurt nothing goig down definitely feels like something is blocking food.This has been ongoing from Thur' I was able to go out last night managed my meal fine was surprised this is back - but today is not good really concerned as I had severe oesphagitis Dec/ Jan and this feels very similar unable to swallow food.

Homecare I booked my op 2 weeks before I went phoned Frederik with dates I was off he said it was booked, Bridget (another provider) phoned me to say she had a canc' on the 7th July so I phoned Fred' never let on and asked could I confirm cancellation for 7th he explained who Bridget was BUT said he would speak to Chris and see what he could do.He emailed the next day to say it would be fine.

Emma81 - I also went from N Ireland I just booked package with Frederik, I did discuss concerns with my GP. You could go and see Fred' in Dublin they go once a month to do fills, but really I didn't feel this was necessary as you can email them re. any issues, concerns or phone them. They got back to me within 12 - 24hrs.

:thumbdown: Fingers crossed for Michelle and Wendy's meeting with Fred/Chris this week 1 of the issues is for more fill dates in Belfast I think it's the 3rd they're meeting in Belgium.

Yes I emailed fred and he confirmed that there is defo no dates left in August. He also says dates are starting to fill up for october.

I have been ok recently eating but last night tried to eat a breaded chicken breast had the horibble tightness and then was sick. I think it might be really trying to concentrate on chewing and eating really really slowly. Jx

Hi homecare,

As far as I understand, there is a big conference in South of France for all the Bariatric Surgeons. they are all coming over from USA too. When I booked my surgery, the lastest dates he had in August was 11th and 12th, then Tues & Fridays in Sept. I'm actually booked for 12th August, but I booked that back in June!!!

Maybe suggest if there is a cancellation available to your sister and partner....

Siobhain

Thanks toppings Freddy boy has just emailed me and confirmed this. They will both just have to wait until October. Jx:mad:

Hi All just a thought, do you think it would be financially viable for Dr Chris to let Wendy have a contract for his fills? I know some of us have taken 6 months packages with WLS and others prefer to go and have fills done with Chris and Fred. If he did let WLS have contract do you think their prices would go up. Jx

Hi All just a thought, do you think it would be financially viable for Dr Chris to let Wendy have a contract for his fills? I know some of us have taken 6 months packages with WLS and others prefer to go and have fills done with Chris and Fred. If he did let WLS have contract do you think their prices would go up. Jx

i think its a good idea but he would need to have an agreement as after my problem i would not be happy letting anyone outside ecfs do a fill because i would be left without a leg to stand on if my fill was by wls.

g

i think its a good idea but he would need to have an agreement as after my problem i would not be happy letting anyone outside ecfs do a fill because i would be left without a leg to stand on if my fill was by wls.

g

Definately understand Gary but thats my point why would he let wendy muscle in on his parade. Maybe Im missing something but cant see whats in it for him. As just now he charges per fill and a lot of people will keep to ecfs for the exact reason you have given a guarantee. The reason Im so interested is Wendy is speaking to him soon I understand and as my package doesnt start till 11th August and they come to some agreement Im wondering if I will come under the guarantee, if that makes sense? Jx:wub:

The meeting could be about CDB doing the surgery on WLS introduced clients and then WLS keeping the contract to do the fills on their clients only. Only a suggestion, and it would them benefit both parties.

The meeting could be about CDB doing the surgery on WLS introduced clients and then WLS keeping the contract to do the fills on their clients only. Only a suggestion, and it would them benefit both parties.

That makes sense mmm. Jx

Hello

I'M STARVIN !! still can't swallow any food at all. Havin trouble keepin Fluid down can only manage tiny sips. Phoned out of hours Dr he said it sounds like oesphagitis is back and I need barium swallow done I've just gone on my Doc's website and got emergency app for the morning. Oh the joys ! :thumbdown:

ps.I don't feel this is directly linked to band it's because I stopped meds because they were tablets and couldn't be broken or crushed due to time release. I hope this prevents others making the same mistake if on meds long term.

Hello

I'M STARVIN !! still can't swallow any food at all. Havin trouble keepin Fluid down can only manage tiny sips. Phoned out of hours Dr he said it sounds like oesphagitis is back and I need barium swallow done I've just gone on my Doc's website and got emergency app for the morning. Oh the joys ! :thumbdown:

ps.I don't feel this is directly linked to band it's because I stopped meds because they were tablets and couldn't be broken or crushed due to time release. I hope this prevents others making the same mistake if on meds long term.

Oh thats a shame, make sure you keep yourself hydrated and I hope you get on ok tomorrow. Jx