Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

I'm thinking twice of using this enima kit now I've read some of the instructions....

Gently insert the rectal tube 3 to 4 inches into the rectum. Rotate or twist the tube back and forth to make for easier insertion.

Open the shutoff valve and allow the solution to flow. At the first indication of discomfort stop and wait a few moments. Then release the shutoff and allow the enema to resume. Feel free to interrupt the flow as frequently as is necessary to assist in minimizing the discomfort. Taking slow deep breaths will help, and if you feel cramping at any point "pant like a dog" with shallow quick breathing. As the enema progresses a feeling of fullness develops. This is normal, and discomfort can be minimized by insuring that not too much solution is

a bit too scarey for my liking.

Garry I have the Protein drinks and I will have one asap, my daughters BF is a bit of a fantatic gym bod and takes the diet shakes every day.

I'd forgotten, thanx for reminding me.

Gary - So sorry to hear about your band, i'm sure that Dr Chris will have you back up and running in no time x

Sammy - Congrats!...i need a baby!

xx

nice new picture carriejess your a wee cutie.

gx

That does sound a bit scary Freckles. The instructions are quite complicated, I can understand my motorbike manual but got a bit lost with your instructions. The pant like a dog bit is brill though:lol:.

I'd imagine (although I'm trying not to :laugh:) it's a messy affair too

:wink2: morning everyone!..not been on for ages....its school holidays init!!..7 weeks of em too!.:tt2:.i will have torn out all that hair that i didnt lose by the end of em!.. i cant get near the computer cos of 'club penguin' and 'moshy monsters', and all other kids stuff.. i am refereeing fights and giving time slots for the computer!..so just sneaked one in this morning before they get up!..(they had late night!) took me about an hour to read thro previous posts tho!...anyway..hope all of you that are having bowel problems have 'been'!..i have the same prob, but we were told this pre banding suppose..i have found lactolose liquid (buy from chemist or get on presc) to be the most effective..if that helps anyone!..its also great for you newly banded to get rid of some of that awful wind pain...garry, im sorry to hear about your band..i hope its all sorted very soon, what a disappointment..but look how well you have done up to now!..and yes please..belgian choccys for me!(lovely little handmade shop in vilvoorde). sammy!!! OMG!..congrats to you!. i was different with each of my pregnancies, sick in morning with one, at night with the other, and not at all with the third..and had 3 boys! i thought my last one was a girl and even bought one pink thing to take into hospital..i laughed when i saw it as i was packing to go home..cos he looked so much like a boy..infact no he looked like a bulldog, he was 9lb.7oz (5 weeks early too!) i shoulda just dressed him in the pink frilly thing for a laugh really! i still wet myself when i remember my first boy (about 18 months at time)wetting himself at bigsisters house and she only had her daughters clothes to dress him in!!..she really went to town tho..he had a pink laura ashley type rosebud dress on,pink tights and burgandy patent t bar shoes, think a mop cap came into it somewhere too:lol:..when i came into the room i collapsed..and then wish id done my pelvic floor exersises!:laugh:..maybe i have scarred him for life?..or maybe bigsister did?! anyway i gotta go my kids are stirring. Ill try and get on again as soon as i can!:smile2: x

gillian

nice to hear from you, on the belgian choc front i know exctly where the shop is as i emptied it the night before my op so no doubt i will do it again.

gx

Hi everyone

Congratulations ! Sammy on ur baby news, all the best for a happy,healthy pregnancy.

I'm in a bit of bother... I'm going out tonight with the girlies for a meal and to pics. BUT when I arranged to go out didn't realise it fell on my wedding anniversary 18yrs uhh bless - this went down like a lead balloon - but I'm goin anyway (treat them mean keep them keen). I'll make it up to him :crying: perhaps thats the wrong smilie to use

Bit concerned as to what I'm goin to eat prob' a bowl of Soup or mashed potato, because for the last 3 days now I have been getting a feeling food is stuck in oespagus roundabout boob level and I just can't swallow it I make gurgly noises and have to run to bathroom. This isn't continuous though and unfortunately I'm still eaten too much to lose weight, but find it strange this is happening as last few weeks I've been fine. Did anyone else have this ?

Talkin of lead balloons... Freckles I hope u get sorted soon but I am enjoying "The POO Chronicles" and ur graphics r brill !!

hey homecare

your really showing off now, eating veg and chicken it dos'nt matter how long it takes you to eat as long as you can, just take it easy great to hear you'v perked up a bit. beeboo x

Yes really showing off now and Ive lost another 2lbs this week so really pleased. Going out for dinner tonight will try a few different things but will have to be careful. Jx:thumbup:

Hi all, hope you are all having a good day.

Gary, You seem strong. I know whatever the outcome of your Belgium trip you will come back and keep losing. You are doing great and I am in awe of your success and the fitness regime you keep. Good luck

I know what you're saying Bigsis but it's the whole head thing, I should be training my head to work with the band but because I have no restriction my head is still saying chip shop and baguettes too loud for me to ignore.:crying: As you rightly say though once I have restriction the choice will be taken away from me. Can't wait :frown:

When you were in Edinburgh I was away and strangely enough I was near Bamburgh Castle where you visited. How weird eh?

Beeboo, it would be great to meet you if our times are near each other.

You too Homecare, I'm not sure if it's Glasgow Green that I'm going to as I don't have any info through yet. Is this the only place in Glasgow they have the clinic or is there an alternative address? Ah dinnae ken. I'm glad you're managing, finally, to get some food in you. You must have been getting so weak with only mushies. I'm pleased:thumbup: You sound like you are definately on the mend!!

Oh Freckles :lol:

Yes definately on the mend. Im sure its only Glasgow green WLS do.:)

Hello Everyone...

I would just like to thank you for all the information regarding banding with Dr. Chris. I have to admit I was quite nervous but found the 'real life' anecdotes here a great help and reassurance. So much so I have finally taken the plunge and opted to have the surgery done...

I am hoping this can take place on the 22nd of September. I am so thrilled I have finally gone and bit the bullet.

Thanks again,

Gal x

Congratulations Sammy I had three boys 2yrs and under and no I wasnt that fast a worker I had my eldest son then I had Identical twin boys. So Gillian we both have three boys each so GREEDY.

Carrie Jess youve done so well and your picture is lovely both these places are great but you cant beat Glasgow for shopping and the nightlife aint too bad either, get him to take you there sometime.

Wishful when I see the pile of washing and ironing my boys give me I wish they would move out. Only kidding I think. Im sure once she has her own place and own child she will appreciate you even more and this is when you become real friends as well as mother and daughter.

Freckles if you use the enema kit you could film it and post it on you tube Im sure it would be a hit and you could make a fortune,

Sisters you are cruel you could have scarred that boy for life, lol.

Anitahug thats how Ive been but I have really concentrated on eating slower and chewing more and it has started to really ease. Im also going out tonight and going to order a meal and if I dont eat it all or have a problem will just say I came over a little dizzy (whats new) and then say not really hungry. Jx

Hello Everyone...

I would just like to thank you for all the information regarding banding with Dr. Chris. I have to admit I was quite nervous but found the 'real life' anecdotes here a great help and reassurance. So much so I have finally taken the plunge and opted to have the surgery done...

I am hoping this can take place on the 22nd of September. I am so thrilled I have finally gone and bit the bullet.

Thanks again,

Gal x

Welcome Galatea, youve made the right choice. If theres anything you wish to know or have doubts about youve come to the right place. Jx

Welcome Galatea, youve made the right choice. If theres anything you wish to know or have doubts about youve come to the right place. Jx

Thanks a lot. I am sure over the next few weeks I will have LOTS of questions, right now I am just excited to have finally taken control of this.

As I have decided I am not going to be telling anyone, not at first anyway... I am sure the support here will be of great help as I am not usually the one to keep secrets!

Thanks again, Gal x

Edited by Galatea
typo

Hi galatea welcome to the forum, you have made a great decision to have your surgery with dr chris and his team, you will be in safe hands, any questions you have just ask away im sure one of us on here will be able to answer you and read as many back posts as poss its full of great info.

Hi homecare my daughter and myself are best of friends and do loads of things together, she's starting a new part of her life and im pleased for her and she know's im here for any help and advice or just to do her ironing lol. Well done on your weight loss xx

Hi fatduck my eldest daughter went to uni and only come home on holidays and a odd weekend so i know what you mean.. my son has already flown the nest.. gem is the last one to go and she is my baby so i think thats why im feeling the way i am xx:crying:

Poor u Bigisis, it's horrid when you put on especially when it takes you into another stone mark. I'm still weighing in kg until I'm somewhere half decent! I just hope I can limit the damage to weight gain this pregnancy! I'm sure Aunty Wendy will help me on my way!! I'm sure I'll be referred to the consultants at the hospital anyway as my BMI is still over 35.

Thanks for the sympathy Sammy, feeling quite aggrieved and sorry for myself, will insist on at least a full pint of fill next week I think! Will have good ole moan to Wendy - who I'm sure will be taking good care of you over the coming months. Look after yourself, love Bigsis xx Ps Any toxic nappy from Harrison yet?

Welcome Galatea, its a big step to book up for the operation but well worth it, I dont think anyone on here regrets it one bit, read back thro the posts and ask any questions you want, and join in the banter.

Big sis, I'm gutted for you but this band is a funny thing, I put on 1lb last week, I've not eaten any less in fact I've eaten more this week and its come off again, lets hope the same happens to you. You must be so thrilled to be close to 10st thats my target weight I'm so jealous.

Gary have you had a date to go to Belgium yet?

As we're talking babies, I'll give you all a quick update on my daughter, she due mid Oct, and has not yet had any fill taken out, she's 6.5 months now and has put on 7lb in weight, because she has a band her pregnancy has been consultant led and she has had an extra two scans, the last being last wednesday, where the head was the right size, but the baby was 2 weeks bigger than her dates, we now agreed for her to have a glucose tolerance test in two weeks time in case there could be any underlying diabetis,although there are no other symtoms. She is booked into her band consultant for a defill on the 8th august, all is progressing wonderfully and she has'nt had a moments sickness or any other problems.

Everything is now in place if she should need to deliver early, both my house and her house is awash with pink and white frills, we've got lists upon lists of thing we've got ready.

Freckles we now need an update about yours. Whats happening with you reflux, last night was the second night it came back, I read the main causes are smoking, alcohol, and chocolate, I dont drink or smoke so it might be my evening treat of choc, I hope not :crying:

Alright gaz just read your about your band sorry to hear it mate.Just hope you need a local to have the op done .Have you been watching what your eating and keeping up the exercise?.

Welcome to the forum galatea.