Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi to all the newbies - ur in the right place!!

I'm glad to hear Flirty is doing well. That was niceo f u to go and see her Bigsis and Gillian. Well done on the 3 stone mark Gillian, that's great! I'm 2 kg away from my pre baby weight. I tried on some work trousers last night and they are very tight! I think my shape must've changed a bit too after having him. They're still 18/20's and I've lost 3 stone!! Another half stone and I'm sure they'll fit. I'm back at work in 4 weeks so I'd better be extra good and I've got a week in Italy which may be a problem! Italian ice cream.......mmmmmmmmmm!

Carrie - cograt's to you and happy birthday! U have done very well x

Mmm - how's ur restriction now? Ok I hope.

Garry - how's u? Feel any restriction at all?

Freckles - how's ur mum? x

sammy

unfortunately i have zero, not even making me slow down eating so i know myself something aint right.

g

Hi everyone. Not posted for ages but been checking in every so often to keep up to date with whats going on. I've been concentrating on losing weight for the op 7th August, so far I've lost 8kg. Took some advice from the lovely Garry and started some exercise, I now go swimming and aqua arobics every week which I really enjoy (never thought I would enjoy exercise):laugh: Just paid my deposit and e-mailed Fred, he replied straight away which was a surprise to me as I thought he would be on Holiday at the same time as CDB.

Gillian--Congrats on loosing a fantastic 3 stone. I cant ever imagine fitting into a size 12 (I cant even remember fitting into a 12):thumbup:

Freckles--Glad your mum is up and about. Fingers crossed that she will be home soon:redface:

Garry--Your such a lovely helpful person, I hope you get to resolve the problem your having with your band. As someone said you should be getting commision because I think youve inspired a lot of people.

Welcome to all the newbies--we'll all be losers one day and posting our success:thumbup:

:scared2:Sorry--OMG just noticed my ticker-- It hadnt really clicked that I'm going to Brussels two weeks today. I think about it every day although it still doesnt really seem real.

Take Care Everyone

Jackie xx

jackie

thanks for your kind words, i am only passing on the good advice i got from other people.

I am keeoing my fingers crossed my prob can be solved.

keep you posted.

gx

Hi Garry,

I've been reading your posts and my heart sinks when I've read what you've gone through....

Whats the next plan of action?

Waiting for Chris DB to come back from hols and visit him then? Its so bad....

Thinking of ya and try and keep the chin up, remember an old saying my mum would say 'It will pass'

Take care

Siobhain

Hiya Lisa. Do not dispair. I have lost 1st 8lbs in the first couple of weeks now I am stuck and think I have a couple of bls on too. Dont worry, this happens you might lose more next week, you have done so well had a massive loss.

I have been good not eaten too much sticking to 3 small meals a day,half mush half liquid. but still no loss We will struggle on and get past this!!!!

I am sure other people experience this too.

Dont worry all will be fine, keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on

clara xxx

Hello all

ODGE Modge - I'm in London for a fill on 1st August with Wendy... dunno when you were referring to though... anyone else up for a fill in London on 1st?

garry - sorry to hear about your band - There was a lovely guy who was at the hospital when i was banded - coud not for the life of me work out why he was being banded, as he looked perfeectly slim and healthy - then learned the next day he had been banded but it had never worked - (although he had lost 6 stone - mostly based on will power obviously) and we all got to see the conversation on cost and who was repsonsible the next day - in our follow up meeting... belive it had come undone as he had fill after fill after fill...

Glad to hear flirty is doing so damn well!

niki x

Hello all

ODGE Modge - I'm in London for a fill on 1st August with Wendy... dunno when you were referring to though... anyone else up for a fill in London on 1st?

garry - sorry to hear about your band - There was a lovely guy who was at the hospital when i was banded - coud not for the life of me work out why he was being banded, as he looked perfeectly slim and healthy - then learned the next day he had been banded but it had never worked - (although he had lost 6 stone - mostly based on will power obviously) and we all got to see the conversation on cost and who was repsonsible the next day - in our follow up meeting... belive it had come undone as he had fill after fill after fill...

Glad to hear flirty is doing so damn well!

niki x

Niki

I would be keen to know how they went about the cost with the guy if you can tell me please.

regards

gx

Hey Garry - I believe - as my husband spoke to his wife - whilst we moaned about drinking the chalk for x-ray :D

band was "leaking" and said to be faulty...

Dr C was going to return the band to France (where it had come from) and ask for a full refund - now what that meant in the way of cost to the patient I dont know - I assume the band had started leaking but also come undone. Husband also mentioned they were looking at giving him unlimited free fills/ unfills to make up for past fills paid for - I dont actually know the full outcome - just that they were trying to "arrange" a fair intermediate agreement - have to say thought the gentleman did look like he was not willing to budge on any further cost but was extremely pleasant, polite and reserved the whole way through...

I also got the feeling that if given a little Dr C/ Fred would take a mile… So he looked as if he was standing his ground on Dr C... from my point of post surgery view...

N

mmm!..i have gone mad in the clothes sales already..have a next outlet down the road, so picked loads up!..also matalan sale is brill!..nothing cost that much so its great for my upcoming hol in october (where i wont be sat in jeans this time!)

homecare! thanks!..my big knicker club is popular..saw some lovely thongs in sale but think theyd still disappear, never to be found!

sammy!..well done on your 3 stone too!..ah, watch that italian ice cream...and my favourite..the tiramisu!!.hope you have great hol before you go back to work!..hope you get in those work trousers too! x

starsky!..yes the band keeps you on the straight and narrow..it wont let you put the weight back on after you have had a few fills and get a good restriction (sweetspot!). i did ok with xenical too, but OMG!..the side effects!.and of course it all goes back on when you stop it..but the band wont let it..good choice!

jackie m!..OMG!..i wish i was a size 12!!..i meant stones!..i didnt explain that very well did i!..still size 18 ish top and 16 bottom..but someday i will report im a size 12!! cant wait!

Fatduck!..bigsister having grat time in edinbro! she just been on an underground city tour or summat!?..sounded great but scary!..i wanna go!..she is looking all over for edinbro rock for me, but says she cant find any yet!..either..has but ate it all...is helping me lose weight...or not looked hard enough cos shes having great time in those yummy restaurants..mmmm! (not that she can eat much!) Lischa!..WLS is great choice..if you book a package before end of this month its at a reduced price..very good and it doesnt start till your first appointment for fill. yes you will need to take all the info about your band which dr chris gives on leaving.19lbs is brill loss and yes it is normal to stall after such a good loss, and even put some on!(i did as many others have!)..dont worry as soon as you have had a few fills youll start losing again! its disappointing after good start i know how you feel!.maybe tho..its cos its time of month and also cos you cant go to the loo?..try a liquid laxative like lactolose or summat..it will get you moving in every way again hopefully!

carriejess!..hope you had great birthday!..your doing brill and have got your head round this band just right!..you seem to have 'surrendered to the band!' now, and are letting it work for you..thats great!

Garry!..im keeping my fingers crossed..as is everyone else that your band is ok...you could do with having xray to see position of it etc..also a 'fluid challenge'. like what wendy did for bigsister when she had the same worries.. she took all of the Fluid out to see if it was all there, then she filled her back up to the max..just to show her what max restriction was like, she had to hang around at the hosp a while so she could keep an eye on her..she ended up having some took out and is now at her sweet spot with good losses. she said that if that hadnt given her the restriction then the next scenario would be xray to see if it had come undone. lets hope this isnt the case for you..fingers crossed! x

:D flirty stayed one more day in hosp as the doctor wanted to make sure her drains stayed in as long as poss before she flew home tonight..she is doing so well, and is absolutly over the moon..its great to know shes so happy with the results..she deserves it and has now reached the end of her journey!! well done flirty!:)

Hiya Guys,

Thanks for the message Gillian, I booked and paid for my 6mths with WLS and have my 1st infill on 15th August in London. I'm a bit less pre menstral today and husband just thinks i'm a little madder than normal all the sharp knives have been put back in the kitchen!

My post site is still a bit sore after yesterdays knock and bending in that direction is painful. But no matter, alls good.

Lost abit of weight but not much but after reading a few comments on here, I feel a bit more at ease.

Thanks Clara for your comments too, glad your doing well too. Has anyone heard from Craig? Wonder about the others have you heard from any of them..... for those reading this, there were 10 of us banded by Dr Chris on the same day - and we were a bit of rowdy bunch to say the least..... Clara mainly "making" the others stay in hotel bar till after the curfew for nil by mouth!!! But it was all good fun and made the time easier by knowing the others too.

I took a day off work today and managed to have a good rest and only eat when i should. I tried toast and that went down ok. Havent had any stuckages yet! Got a bit of a stitch thing going on but I read the others chatting about that.

Right off to watch a movie..

Take care.

Lisa

xx :cool2: xx

Hey guys, nice to see you're all doing so well with your weight loss and dear Flirtydrawers doing so good too.

Sammy, you have done really well to lose 3 stone, I havent even reached the 2 stone mark yet, but am still tight, so God knows whats going on with my stupid body, must be my age, and I'm not doing any exercise at all.

I am still hospital visiting every day and my excuse is, I dont have the time or the energy.

I know this band is working well so its gotta be me.

I was never a big eater, (in one sitting) I have always been a grazer, maybe thats why I dont know.

They told me at the hospital last night that the time (2 weeks ago) when they transferred my Mum to another hospital, she'd had a stroke.

They did a brain scan yesterday and there's evidence of it. Poor thing, though she's lucky in that she hasnt lost the use of any of her limbs and the only things that seem to be affected are her hearing and her Dimensia is worse.

They tell me, she will have more strokes, now she has had the one, which has upset me a lot.

Sorry to be so morbid in this happy thread, but you all understand dont you.

xxxx

Hi Freckles. So sorry to read about your poor Mum. I've been reading the forum from page 1 and am over half way now so been following your Mum's history. If it's any help, my 90 year old Father in Law had a stroke last year and is now back home, fully independent - bar driving - and a happy chap. It took a lot of work from all the family to get him thus, but has been worth every minute. We kept a log book of visitors at his bed side, everyone who saw him, including some staff, wrote in his book to say they'd been there and what they'd discussed, we stuck in photos and gave him "homework" to do every day - reading from the newspaper, writing his name and address, or simple sums. It all built up into a really pleasing result.

My op is 6 weeks and 4 days away, not that I'm counting! I've also booked the 12 month package with WLS (Colleen took the booking) She said that if I paid before the end of July I'd get the special discount rate valid for 12 months from the date of my first visit to them which is already booked for 17th October in London. Might be worth considering for anyone else out there who needs to save a few pennies, but wants the reassurance of regular all inclusive access to someone who can fill/ unfill / support.

Very humiliating experience yesterday; went to a BBC recording in London and the security guys insisted I stood in the middle of reception and removed my belt! Flab and fluster! Not going back there for a while.

Night night all.

Hi all

Lisa, Claire u have both done so well in the last couple of weeks - this will pick up again when u get ur first fill. My loss doesn't compare 2 ur's.

Would love 2 hear how the others r doin ?

Gillian I'm ur woman I have also spent a fortune in Next, none of it would b close to fitting me, but it will...soon I hope.

Gary this must b so disheartening for u after all ur hard work good 2 hear ur keepin at the excercise ur determination and perserverance will stand by u.

Freckles it's very draining when ur visiting the hosp' everyday and worrying about ur Mum a stroke can have a devastating effect on people. Keep ur own strength up all 2 often carers forget about themselves. Hope ur Mum makes steady progress.

Strokes and h' attacks were a major worry when I decided to go for this op ( I work with people affected by both of these)

Watched op similar to Flirty's on home and health the other night - she's obviously a very brave,strong person and to have made such a good recovery hope she takes it easy for a couple weeks. She must b as pleased as punch it's over her.

Take care all

x

Carrie

Sounds to me, that you got all the problems tucked up & put to bed!!! You are so lucky to be able to do your own fills.

I am concerned about not being able to get enough fluids as Im not the best drinker now, I already dont drink enough and like you, get headaches often.

Its not because I cant be bothered, Im just not thirsty and usually dont think about getting a drink, Im too busy at work to find time. It doesnt help when your secretary doesn't drink tea or coffee either !!!

I would also love it if I didnt get obsessed about food but its on my mind constantly at the moment. I hope the band helps me to get over this as I want to be 'normal'.

Keep up the good work. :cool2:

Thanx so much Singing parrot and Anita . what a marvellous idea what you did for you FIL.

Sadly there's only me that visits Mum, but she's good mostly, today she was a little shaky, but that happens with her sometimes, she said she felt ok. I took her outside for a walk as it was so nice, and she enjoyed it along with a bag of Asdas lovely fudge. She really loves that.

I am amazed that I can eat red meat with this band, I have just eaten brisket and mash with gravy and it was lovely....yum.

I am still having toilet issues, after drinking 2 bottles of Prune juice this week, I have had to resort to laxatives today. duh!!!

Hi to all the newbies - ur in the right place!!

I'm glad to hear Flirty is doing well. That was niceo f u to go and see her Bigsis and Gillian. Well done on the 3 stone mark Gillian, that's great! I'm 2 kg away from my pre baby weight. I tried on some work trousers last night and they are very tight! I think my shape must've changed a bit too after having him. They're still 18/20's and I've lost 3 stone!! Another half stone and I'm sure they'll fit. I'm back at work in 4 weeks so I'd better be extra good and I've got a week in Italy which may be a problem! Italian ice cream.......mmmmmmmmmm!

Carrie - cograt's to you and happy birthday! U have done very well x

Mmm - how's ur restriction now? Ok I hope.

Garry - how's u? Feel any restriction at all?

Freckles - how's ur mum? x

Hiya Sammy. You are doing really well and will soon be in those trousers. I don't think I'm back to my pre-baby weight yet and my eldest is 30 next year! Maybe I might make it for then?! So you're ahead of me for sure!

Yes, was great to go and see Flirts, couldn't miss the opportunity to go and see the forums longest standing legend when she was so close. She is back at home now and still doing great, sure she will check in pretty soon and let everyone know how she is. Shame we are scattered all over the UK and Ireland as a huge meet up would be so difficult but so great if it could happen wouldn't it?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, Bigsis x

Edited by bigsister