Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

i had this exactly homecare..its a good description you gave..it really bothered me so much that i thought i was gonna have to have surgery again to adjust port..i kept asking if other people had had it like you are...but no one had at that time..even getting up off the settee was really painfull and i was feeling like i had to hold it in all the time, it was awfull..i got it about 2 weeks post op and it lasted about 8 weeks in all, maybe a bit longer..i did have one week inbetween where it disappeared, then it returned bad like yours. maybe its because we have heavy lifting jobs?..and when bending or stretching the muscle its not healing..i wondered if it was a torn muscle or summat?..i dunno, but i took anti infammatorys, and found hot water bottle helped.. i also bought one of those heatpads..its like a big plaster that warms up..and that did seem to help a bit..also..have you got some very tight high waist nipper support pants..cos they can help, esp when at work. but all i can tell you otherwise is that it will go..i woke up one morning and it had gone..i thought it would come back, but it didnt! i could then wear normal clothes as i was wearing sloppy stuff as owt else hurt.. and it stopped hurting when i had lost the most weight in a month after a good fill. wendy said it would loosen off with weight loss...so keep going!!.hopefully it will be gone soon for you too...but i do know how your feeling..get some of those heat pad plasters and big tight corset or summat! it will help x

Thanks Gillian I know exactly what you mean when you say a corset would help as Im going about holding and pushing in my side. So glad Im not a total freak with this band as their is still a lot of solid foods I cant eat yet Im still eating mostly mush and its almost a month after Ive been banded. Any way Ive got one of those thick elastic belts and Ive put that on and its eased it a little although I wont win any fashion prizes. Thanks again for the reassurance Jx:tongue_smilie:

Good Morning Lisa, Michelle and Michela. I am glad to hear you are all doing well. I was laughing my head off a the thought of michelle coming out of the Xray that was brilliant!!

I have so far lost 1st 8lbs I cant beleive it!! At the moment I am on half mush and half liquid diet!! I started on mush on saturday I had scrambled egg and yesturday had some mash potato and Beans its strange chewing beans!!

I had my stitches taken out on friday and they are healing nicly. I was freaking out last night because I can feel a lump under on the the incissions. Is this the port?

I have got arnica cream to use when the incissions have healed. I am with you on the bikini Michela cant wait to have to body for it!!

Lisa I have not tried the dutch things yet but I will keep and eye out for them!!

So delighted to hear how you are all dong

keep me posted

Take care

Clara xxx

Hi All

Clara what an awesome lose u've had :bored: that's fab, u must b really chuffed !!

I have lost about 5-6 lbs, but unfortunately can eat everything started mashed about 5-6 days after op (can just manage small portion) sometimes have difficulty swallowing food gets to back of throat then goes very slowly down - is this normal ?

I had severe oesphagitis Dec/Jan so am trying to persevere with small amounts of food (to keep oesphagus from closing in again,as I hated having ogd not the most pleasant of procedures). I've had no prob's with hiatus hernia, reflux has really settled and I hardly ever have to take nexium. Although I have read that others have been troubled with this once fills start so I'll tab's on standby.

Not gettin a fill for another 35 DAYS !! HELP :) When r u gettin fill Claire ?

Bought Bio oil today for scars I thought they were well healed an just very slight bruising left. Pharmacist said WOA ! that must have been some op u had, I never let on LOL.

Lisa, Michelle hope ur both doin well !!

Hi Homecare,

I too am still experiencing pain & stitches and like you when I stand up I feel I have too hold it all in. Mine isn't nearly as painful as you described. I agree with Gillian though as I too am wearing "Bridget Jones" knickers for a bit of support. The majority of my pain isn't from the port wound but the drain scar.

OMG how weird a feeling was that when the nurse pulled the tube out and you could feel it snaking out of your body. Bluugh it was horrid.

Hope the pain eases up for you a bit and that you can go onto "real" food soon.

Take Care,

Vikki

Homecare and Fatduck - sorry to hear you're in discomfort and I hope it'll pass soon. At least you know ur not on ur own! I was quite lucky and didn't get too much pain in the port area. I get the odd twinge every now and again especially now I've lost a bit of weight and the port is nearer the surface!

I got around to adding a photo on my profile today.

Woop Woop, just had a call back from WLS Group only 29 hours late, they are sending the 6 months package info on to me.

A question for the longer terms bandsters now:

'In the second 6 months of being banded, how many fills did you need, was it more, or less, or about the same as the first 6 months, I would really appreciate your views before I commit to a package or not, however I already have 6.66ml in a 7Ml band.

thanks everyone for there kind wishes, i am just hoping it aint serious but will just have to wait.

Bobo

you always said to me to hold off a few days and see if it loosens anymore as you know it will, as long as your gettn Fluid in eh.

gaz

Your right gaz i was just a bit concerned about the Water as thats the tightest its ever been and it kind of scared me.

It has eased off a little today so im felling a little more relaxed about it.I think the more you worry about it the tighter it feels.I have been taking sips now instead of normal size drinks and that seems to have helped.

How about you have you started on mushes and is ther any diffrence in the restriction.?

Homecare and Fatduck - sorry to hear you're in discomfort and I hope it'll pass soon. At least you know ur not on ur own! I was quite lucky and didn't get too much pain in the port area. I get the odd twinge every now and again especially now I've lost a bit of weight and the port is nearer the surface!

I got around to adding a photo on my profile today.

Thanks sammy and fatduck its so good to know Im not on my own. Yeah the tube coming out was weird I felt quite a bit of pressure across my chest when she pulled it out. Ive ate a small amount of chicken but tried Pasta in sauce on Friday and after 3 mouthfuls I was in agony. Jx:sad:

Good morning everyone. Has anyone experienced the return of burning, nippy like feeling like just after getting band. I had the return of this yesterday and its back with a vengence. I could hardly put my knickers on this morning because even when I bend slightly BAM ! the pain shoots right through me on my port site. The only way I can describe it is like someone puting a red hot poker into my side, I also have slight stitch back. I had to take pain killer and I have a really high pain threshold. ANYONE have any Ideas. Jx

hiya homecare,i dont have exactely that but sounds like you have possibly overdone something slightly?? however must say i am in a bit of discomfort for the first time since actual surgery.....?

dunno how to describe it but feels like my stomach is constantly churning/soar stomach feeling ( but had Soup rice pot today) also alot of wind yesterday not so much today but still have this pain in my chest like something is working its way down into my larger stomach from the pouch maybe??or could it just be trapped wind again??have taken a rennie last night and windeze today but to no avail.................could this even be something to do with how do i say this ...needing to take some laxatives even though i go daily??:bored:

any advice much appreciated.

p.s gary hope the problem with the band sorts itself out soon for yeh and no as bad as you are thinking!:)

Hi everyone

I have been reading all your threads for 2 weeks now - WoW !! how interesting to hear all your stories. They have really made me think long and hard about having the op.

I have found out loads of info about banding with Dr. Chris and he seems the best one from what you are all telling me ??

I think I have decided to take the plunge. Im still a bit nervous about it all but who wouldnt be ?

I have heard back from Fred and Im looking at booking mid Sept for my Op. I need to confirm the time off at work before I commit but this is just a formality.

Its really good to have the opportunity to share messages and I look forward to talking to you all more over the next few weeks during countdown !! :bored:

S x

Welcome Starsky!!!

I'm sure everyone on here will agree that you are making a great, life changing decision. I am still "early doors" but I know in my heart how things are going to improve for me. Everyone on here is very informative and friendly and always forthcoming with answers to any questions put there way. You've made the first step and your on you way. Good luck!!!!!!!

Your right gaz i was just a bit concerned about the Water as thats the tightest its ever been and it kind of scared me.

It has eased off a little today so im felling a little more relaxed about it.I think the more you worry about it the tighter it feels.I have been taking sips now instead of normal size drinks and that seems to have helped.

How about you have you started on mushes and is ther any diffrence in the restriction.?

i never done mushies at all as my restriction has completely gone, i knew that on fri fromwhere i was prior. i clearly have a problem so will just need to wait and see, its 1 of 3 things, 1st being my hope that he has just completey f***ed up the fill and kept on missing my port as then dr cdb will fill, the 2nd is that there is a leak and the 3rd is that the band has came undone. unfortunately my presonal feeling is the 3rd as he was still able to put Fluid in and feel a pressure in syringe but i have no feeling at all can eat plenty if i wanted, thank god i am motivated at mo.

g

hiya homecare,i dont have exactely that but sounds like you have possibly overdone something slightly?? however must say i am in a bit of discomfort for the first time since actual surgery.....?

dunno how to describe it but feels like my stomach is constantly churning/soar stomach feeling ( but had Soup rice pot today) also alot of wind yesterday not so much today but still have this pain in my chest like something is working its way down into my larger stomach from the pouch maybe??or could it just be trapped wind again??have taken a rennie last night and windeze today but to no avail.................could this even be something to do with how do i say this ...needing to take some laxatives even though i go daily??:thumbup:

any advice much appreciated.

p.s gary hope the problem with the band sorts itself out soon for yeh and no as bad as you are thinking!:thumbup:

Hi Tin I have heard that rice once your banded can cause very bad wind. Im sure Dr Chris told us this he also said no Pasta rice white bread as it aggravates the stomach. I tried pasta on Friday and I felt as if I was taking a heart attack, never again, well not for a while anyway. Jx

Wellcome Starsky, my sister is thinking of having it done in September, she just has to wait until next week to see if her finaces work out.

Gillian I took your advice about corset, big knickers, and I dug out a pair of M&S waist reducers its really helped. THANK YOU. Although the look on my hubbys face when he saw them was like sour milk. Lol. They are right up to under my bust but they are really supporting port area. Jx