Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Freckles - that's bizarre! They have a mind of their own these bands!! Like you I often find solids easier than liquids especially in the morning - weird!

I know.... I hope it has nothing to do with the Zantac though...or maybe its a good thing, I really will have to wait and see Sammy.

Well let's hope it's loosened just a bit to get a bit more food it but still with good restriction. When mine feels tight I just have no appetite which is good but then I've been known to sneak a bit of chocolate in to keep my energy up! Naughty Sammy!!

I had a small stir fry last night with a bit of chicken and it was fine so hopefully I'm just about right!! x

Yours sounds just right now babe.

The chocolate thing...I think we all do that dont we.

yesterday I struggled to eat choccy, maybe I wont today lol

Hi everybody and a huge thank you for all the help you've given me so far - without even knowing it!

Thanks to you all, I've decided to have the surgery, read the American book on AGB, got my GP's approval, decided to go to Dr Chris, booked through Bridget, unbooked through Bridget, booked directly with Frederik, seen Miss Flump's youtube videos, laughed greatly at Gillian and BigSis, paid my deposit, booked my train tickets and convinced my husband it is the best thing I could do. ^_^

I'm booked for surgery on Tuesday 8th September, anyone else out there going at the same time?

I have one question to which I cannot yet find an answer; if I got a "tummy bug" and just couldn't help vomiting, what happens? :crying: Does it come up past the band, can it damage the placement?

BTW, I lost a lot of weight once before and had an abdominoplasty but it's creeping back on - hence the band. So if anyone has a question about abdominoplasty (or breast reduction!) I may be able to help.

Really looking forward to being part of that ever shrinking community of bandsters!

SP

Edited by SingingParrott

Welcome singing parrot, you sound such good fun, I'm sure you'll soon be one of the regulars on here.

Freckles, what a silly question, of course you can come, and if you need to you can have a double fill with Dr Chris whilst your there. I'm glad the zantac are working for you it must be a relief to get a good night sleep.< /p>

Garry I'm still feeling cross on your behalf about your naughty band, but you still put me shame, I've a fully functioning one and you've still lost more than me.

THE OVER FILL SARGA CONTINUES:

I telephone Wendy from WLS group at about 8am this morning and left a message, but still no reply, so I telephoned the office on the free phone number at 9.30 and still no reply there either so left another message. By 12.45 no one had phoned me back, so I telephoned Mr Wong the BUPA/SPIRE surgeon who did the fill for me and his secretary asked me to come in right away.

He was in surgery today and wanted to see me asap, He was most apologetic about the over fill explaining that it often happens when filling near the maximum capacity, but he said he should have been firmer with me and made it clear that I should go back if there was any difficulty what so ever. I did know this but it was just vanity over the quick weight loss I was having that stopped me from doing so.

I explained that I was happy putting up with not eating, but was getting very tired with not being able sleep much. I also told him the reason I had come for an unfil was because I had read on here that several people who had had a band slip had reported this night acid reflux as being the first symptom, and that their inaction to rectify it has resulted in the band slipping.

His view on this is that it is not a pre-slip sign but more of a post slip sign, but he said he though mine was fine by what I had told him and that there was no other pain.

The result was that we agreed he take .3ml out, which leaves me with 6.66ml (all the sixes, I told you I had a naughty band), and the good news is, is that there was no charge at all for the consultancy or the unfill.

It leaves me now to see if this has worked at all, I must say I now feel hungrier now than I have for a week, and feel I can eat something again, which is good and bad news. I'll report tomorrow on how this has affected the ruflex at night.

Thanks Sammy, Bigsister, and Gary for you pms over this episode.

Hi everybody and a huge thank you for all the help you've given me so far - without even knowing it!

Thanks to you all, I've decided to have the surgery, read the American book on AGB, got my GP's approval, decided to go to Dr Chris, booked through Bridget, unbooked through Bridget, booked directly with Frederik, seen Miss Flump's youtube videos, laughed greatly at Gillian and BigSis, paid my deposit, booked my train tickets and convinced my husband it is the best thing I could do. ^_^

I'm booked for surgery on Tuesday 8th September, anyone else out there going at the same time?

I have one question to which I cannot yet find an answer; if I got a "tummy bug" and just couldn't help vomiting, what happens? :crying: Does it come up past the band, can it damage the placement?

BTW, I lost a lot of weight once before and had an abdominoplasty but it's creeping back on - hence the band. So if anyone has a question about abdominoplasty (or breast reduction!) I may be able to help.

Really looking forward to being part of that ever shrinking community of bandsters!

SP

hi and welcome singing parrot!..so glad we have helped you with your decision!..were a good bunch and like to help..i cant imagine id even have contemplated having a band..or lived well with it if it wasnt for this forum!..good on you for going for it!..and this time youll lose the weight and the best bit...never put it back on! its still like a diet but it wont let you cheat..or give up!..and you struggle a little at first with getting your head round it, but soon give in and let the band rule your food intake!.we all know how hard it is losing weight thats why..like you were all here. good luck, gillian x

hi everyone!..not been on for 4 days, and had some catching up to do!!..its moved fast this weekend...glad that mmm and freckles are doing better after a scary overfill!..i had my sweet spot for about 5 weeks but it has loosened of a bit now after good weight loss last month, which i know happens..there are still stuff i cant tolerate esp potatoes and bread, but what i can eat has increased. someone was saying that they were suprised that duck went down well?..well i also have found out that greasy meats go down easier..i can have lamb and duck..but struggle with beef and even chicken sometimes. ..it must be able to slip thro easier cos of grease lubricating it?!. i was at a music festival this weekend "splendour in nottingham" 10 hours i was stood in mainly rain..waiting for my favourite band of the line up...madness!..but it was cold dark and miserable by then so couldnt get into the mood so came away half way thro even tho we got near to front of stage.. flirty is doing so well!! she was up and walking this morning, but the 4 drains she has are bothering her..i hated those drains, but they are essential i suppose. so better having em than not.

freckles ,so pleased to hear your mum is doing so well, shell soon be home!

garry i hope your band hasnt come undone and its just playing silly buggers!..mine has a bit..bigsister gail was scared hers had come undone after not getting any restriction.so wendy did a "fluid challenge" and drained it then topped it up to capacity..she had to wait around at the hosp a bit, but was relieved to know she had got the restriction..and she even had some took out next appointment..its really fine tuning, but shes happy shes losing well now, cos if that hadnt worked wendy was gonna arrange a fluoro x ray. so dont despair..you just may need to have a capacity fill like she had, just to test it..cos youd have no restriction at all if it had come undone...lets hope not, ill keep my fingers crossed for you

everyone else, your doing great!..we will get there! x

hi and welcome singing parrot!..so glad we have helped you with your decision!..were a good bunch and like to help..i cant imagine id even have contemplated having a band..or lived well with it if it wasnt for this forum!..good on you for going for it!..and this time youll lose the weight and the best bit...never put it back on! its still like a diet but it wont let you cheat..or give up!..and you struggle a little at first with getting your head round it, but soon give in and let the band rule your food intake!.we all know how hard it is losing weight thats why..like you were all here. good luck, gillian x

Hi Gillian & Big Sis,thanks for letting us know how Flirty is kept thinking of her the whole weekend so glad shes over it and doing ok will you give her my best wishes shes so brave let her know we are all thinking about her hurry up get better let us know how she got onxx:smile:

Hi Garry so sorry to hear about your ordeal its not fair i hope you get some answers soon stick to your guns might not be as bad as you think fingers crossed for you xx:smile:

Hi Singging Parrot welcome and congrat.s on booking your surgery you've come to the right place this forum is the best support i would be lost without it peeps on hear are worth the weight in gold if any ? fire away xx:smile:

oh yes singing parrot... i was really worried about tummy bugs and being sick too. i had a tummy bug 2 weeks ago, mainly the other end (nice!)not right sick, but was very nauseous. other people who have been sick with bug..have vomited as it just gets past it, but the main thing is not to eat and to drink a lot to help it either thro..or get it up, also to stop being dehydrated. but after you seem to have diminished appetite as your stomach is swelled around the band from the exertion, and should just stick to liquids, pref cold with nutrients, like slimfast etc and have lots of actimel to sort your stomach out (good bacteria!) after you stop being sick. hope thats put your mind at rest x

Hi Gillian & Big Sis,thanks for letting us know how Flirty is kept thinking of her the whole weekend so glad shes over it and doing ok will you give her my best wishes shes so brave let her know we are all thinking about her hurry up get better let us know how she got onxx:smile:

Hi Garry so sorry to hear about your ordeal its not fair i hope you get some answers soon stick to your guns might not be as bad as you think fingers crossed for you xx:smile:

Hi Singging Parrot welcome and congrat.s on booking your surgery you've come to the right place this forum is the best support i would be lost without it peeps on hear are worth the weight in gold if any ? fire away xx:smile:

we will do shoes!..im sure she will read back and be really pleased at the kind thoughts she has had off you all! x

Welcome back Gillian, I have missed you, why dont you put a ticker on so that we can see how your doing,, its great to see your friends doing well with the weight loss, but its also great to hear things are as well in your posts

Hope every things ok with your band gary let us know when you have spoke to dr chris .

Im having some problems to i dont know if i have been slightly overfilled .

To the girls on here who have the same problem.Is the acid refux a sign that you are overfilled ?And like a few of yous have said im struggling to get Fluid down in the morning too a few times i have been blocked and slimed just drinking Water .

Im also struggling eating only a few mouthfulls and thats me bringing it back up.Im made 2 scrambled eggs this morning and im lucky to have eaten 1

So do yous think i need some taken out .I only got 0.50 put in but i think i would have only needed 0.25 put in .Or did any of yous who have had these symtoms leave it and your band has slackened off?

Hope every things ok with your band gary let us know when you have spoke to dr chris .

Im having some problems to i dont know if i have been slightly overfilled .

To the girls on here who have the same problem.Is the acid refux a sign that you are overfilled ?And like a few of yous have said im struggling to get Fluid down in the morning too a few times i have been blocked and slimed just drinking Water .

Im also struggling eating only a few mouthfulls and thats me bringing it back up.Im made 2 scrambled eggs this morning and im lucky to have eaten 1

So do yous think i need some taken out .I only got 0.50 put in but i think i would have only needed 0.25 put in .Or did any of yous who have had these symtoms leave it and your band has slackened off?

These were some of the symptoms but I would have been quite happy putting up with them as long as there was'nt a special funtion I needed to attend. My problem was with acid reflux at night I'll try to describe it to you: whenever I laid down day or night, my throat would fill with slime, and if I did'nt spit it out right away it would pass into the airways tube and onto my chest causing me to cough, sometimes when you cough it would feel as if you have a chest infection, heavey and with the production of phlem or mucus, which when you are sleeping chokes you. Its quite scarey to wake up feeling your choking, and you have'nt got time to get anywhere to sort it out. I had to move into another bedroom and have a sick bowl by my side throughout the night. Sorry to be so graffic but it is that horrible. Hope this helps