Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi all. Just to let you know that Flirts is doing so good. She text my sister (Gillian) yesterday shortly after 6pm to say she was fine - we couldn't believe she was even out of recovery after about 9hrs of surgery, let alone texting by that time! I've had text this morning & she's still doing great - even got a pic of her dressings! So relieved it's over for her and particularly that she doesn't seem to have much post op pain/discomfort etc cos I think she was really scared of that as I will be if I get it done early next year. But it's looking more likely I will do now knowing Flirty seems to have sailed thru it so I would have her to thank for being brave and biting the bullet first. All being well, me & sister Gillian going to see her on Weds so will report back then - altho in view of her excellent recovery so far, we'll get there and she'll be out shopping or clubbing or summat! Hope everyone is well & losing, take care, Bigsis xx

Big Sis, many thanx for the update on Flirty.

Bless, she is a fighter, and so glad she's not in too much pain.

Let us know how she seems when you go see her babe xx.

oh

goodmorning15.gif

Hi all. Just to let you know that Flirts is doing so good. She text my sister (Gillian) yesterday shortly after 6pm to say she was fine - we couldn't believe she was even out of recovery after about 9hrs of surgery, let alone texting by that time! I've had text this morning & she's still doing great - even got a pic of her dressings! So relieved it's over for her and particularly that she doesn't seem to have much post op pain/discomfort etc cos I think she was really scared of that as I will be if I get it done early next year. But it's looking more likely I will do now knowing Flirty seems to have sailed thru it so I would have her to thank for being brave and biting the bullet first. All being well, me & sister Gillian going to see her on Weds so will report back then - altho in view of her excellent recovery so far, we'll get there and she'll be out shopping or clubbing or summat! Hope everyone is well & losing, take care, Bigsis xx

Thank goodness she is alright. Have been thinking about her and yes she is brave. Im sure she will be eyeing up any good looking doctors before long. Please give her my best wishes. Jx

Big Sis, many thanx for the update on Flirty.

Bless, she is a fighter, and so glad she's not in too much pain.

Let us know how she seems when you go see her babe xx.

oh

goodmorning15.gif

Certainly will Freckles and was really pleased to hear about your Mum, both you and her must be equally thrilled about getting her back on her feet and getting her back home. Look after her and yourself, Bigsis xx ps how is preggy daughter doing?

Ah bless Big sis, it is great news about my Mum, I just hope it continues.

Just spoken to preggy daughter (only 6 weeks to go) and she told me that she used to take ZANTAC for the acid reflux, I had it again last night.

She said the 75 strength is all we can buy in the UK, but the 150's from abroad are better cos the effects of those last longer.

Hubby has just popped over to Asda to get me some.

I'll let you know how they go.

Ah bless Big sis, it is great news about my Mum, I just hope it continues.

Just spoken to preggy daughter (only 6 weeks to go) and she told me that she used to take ZANTAC for the acid reflux, I had it again last night.

She said the 75 strength is all we can buy in the UK, but the 150's from abroad are better cos the effects of those last longer.

Hubby has just popped over to Asda to get me some.

I'll let you know how they go.

Both you and Mmm should really see about having some taken out as soon as possible you know. If you were seeing Wendy, she would have had you both over her knee, smacked your bums and sent you to bed with no supper by now! (If you could have any that is!) She was telling me at last appt about the importance of not being overfilled as I was very slightly but nowhere near like you 2 naughty girls are! She said it could affect/limit future fills if it's too tight as the stomach tissue beneath band becomes too depressed (similar to a ring which is too tight on your finger) and then it means that even more has to be put in to reach restriction which is not good for you. So there! - have well n truly told you off on her behalf! Take care tho, love Bigsis xx

71laie.jpg..................

Mine is not so full now babe, so maybe I have done some damage already, gawd, I hope not....I didnt know all of that thanx chick xxx esrkhv.jpg

71laie.jpg..................

Mine is not so full now babe, so maybe I have done some damage already, gawd, I hope not....I didnt know all of that thanx chick xxx esrkhv.jpg

I'm sure you won't have done any damage (soz if I scared you!) but would def see about a touch out if you still can't eat/drink much at all. I was able to eat and drink but was a bit of a problem in the morning especially with tightness and embarrassing gurgling so she insisted it would be best to take a smidge out - .2ml - which is hardly a drop is it but it did make a difference, she is so bloody good and knowledgeable is Wendy, I absolutely trust her judgement. I was scared in case it might jeopardise the restriction I had only just got but it hasn't, it has just taken away the uncomfortable side effects I had like she knew it would.

Please everyone, if you are anywhere near one of the WLS clinic venues, go and see Wonder Woman Wendy (WWW for short), she really is the dogs b****cks in post band care! And tell her the Sheffield sisters recommended you, she knows (& loves!) us well! Bigsis xx

Ahh Gail, you didnt scare me, but it did make me wonder.

I wish I lived near one of their places so i could go see Wendy, she sounds like the business.

How much do they charge chick?

I just ate some fried mushrooms (yeh I know!!) but am so constipated, thought I needed the grease.

I've taken laxatives, drunk prune juice and used loads of suppositories, but I am still feeling awful.

Really i know its cos I havent been able to drink much.

I think I'll be ok soon with the eating drinking issue, its slackening as we speak.

But I think maybe I'll be ok for a few months yet and in late October I'm getting it unfilled cos I'm doing the far east and Australia trip, so am not missing out on all that wonderful food. This is one of the reasons I'm overweight to start with. duh!!!

Ahh Gail, you didnt scare me, but it did make me wonder.

I wish I lived near one of their places so i could go see Wendy, she sounds like the business.

How much do they charge chick?

I just ate some fried mushrooms (yeh I know!!) but am so constipated, thought I needed the grease.

I've taken laxatives, drunk prune juice and used loads of suppositories, but I am still feeling awful.

Really i know its cos I havent been able to drink much.

I think I'll be ok soon with the eating drinking issue, its slackening as we speak.

But I think maybe I'll be ok for a few months yet and in late October I'm getting it unfilled cos I'm doing the far east and Australia trip, so am not missing out on all that wonderful food. This is one of the reasons I'm overweight to start with. duh!!!

I think the one-off fills are £85 if that's what you meant but the 6 months package that we have been lucky enough to get on the offer twice have cost us £275 (usually £349) and we have been definitely quids in than if we were to have to gone to see you know who at £90 a pop. I have had 6 fills since my first package started and so that would have cost me £540 plus the travel costs to Manchester if I'd gone there - and it doesn't run out until first week in September so have been really pleased with how it's worked out.

Hope yours is slackening off now anyway, keep me updated, bring on the chucking up/bowel details if you must! Bigsis xx

yes chick you did get a good deal, like i said I wish I lived closer to one of their clinics, I did mail them and ask, but they said there werent any plans to come up to my area in the near future. I spose Wendy cant get around to do anymore, she has enough on her plate.

About the bowel/upchucking are you really sure about that dear......x4ivjk.jpg

I'm trying to get an unfill this week, but I want to lose 2lb more to reach my target of 2 stones which I set to achieve by wedding date 7th Aug, so by mid/end week I should be there, I'll go back to spire on Sat morning (the day suits me) and sort it out promise.

I feel so damn ill I cant keep this level of restriction up, it takes all day to drink 1lr of fluids, and I'm awake most of the night. On the plus side of course I'm losing about a 1lb a day and for such a slow looser as me that is wonderful.

I've just seen that Fredrick is in Bristol on Thurs, and I'll look up WLS for Cardiff.

Maggs, wouldnt you try the ZANTAC tablets?

Both rachel and her friend used those to stop the reflux disturbing their sleep at night and they both lost loads of weight.

I'm going to a wedding (Civil Partnership) in Cardiff on 7th August at Cardiff City Hall.

not the same one as me is it??

I am only losing a pound a week, so good on ya babe !!!!

Maggs, wouldnt you try the ZANTAC tablets?

Both rachel and her friend used those to stop the reflux disturbing their sleep at night and they both lost loads of weight.

I'm going to a wedding (Civil Partnership) in Cardiff on 7th August at Cardiff City Hall.

not the same one as me is it??

I am only losing a pound a week, so good on ya babe !!!!

No different wedding, ours is at Porthcawl, about 25 miles away, I'm a bit cross because if it was any other day I'd come to see you in Cardiff before your wedding.

I would have tried the Zantac but now I'm quite concerned about having an indentation around the stomach, and future fills not working, mind you if i've got 7ml in a 7ml band i dont suppose there is room for any more fills, I'll get the Zantac tomorrow and see how I go before the end of next week when I'll need to make a descision.

If anyone knows if WLS group are in Cardiff next week can you let me know, the only reason I hav'nt used them is because I was in France on every single appointment date for Cardiff.

Maggs we are travelling down on 6th will probably be there for around 4pm, not too sure yet though.

Steve wouldnt come its a gay wedding, you know what men are like, so am going with 2 mates.

we're staying at the Park Inn Hotel in the city centre, which is near John lewis.

It would be good if we could meet wouldnt it!!