Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

:) flirty!!!..wishing you all the best for saturday!!!..hope i havent missed you yet?. you have loads of credit on your phone so i hope youll feel comfortable enough to send us a text to let us know how your doing!?..well be really thinking of you..think you have packed everything and prepared yourself well enough..i know your feeling nervous now..i would be too, but just try and go with the flow now and focus on the results..youll do great! every day youll recover a little bit more,and youll be a brand new flirty very soon! x

Hi homecare i was banded in january and still struggle with meat(red and white) so i would rather do without, every one is different with what they can eat and it is all trial and error, i tried a small piece of toast again y/day and had to pbd it.. my god it hurt like hell x

Hi flirty i will be thinking about you over the weekend and next week.. i wish you well for a speedy recovery, if i was you i would take a night shirt with you or they may just ask you to use the hospital gowns on because of the drains, i know when i had my breast reduction op i had a drain in each an just wore the hospital gown, i know you are having a lot more done but better be prepared than not. Best of luck hun xx

That does seem weird! Is your appointment with Wendy on the 11th? Mine is at 10:45 with her in Glasgow so if its around the same time maybe we could go for a coffee? Wonder if Bobo and Gary would join as well!

I have heard that some people always struggle with egg so maybe your one of them! i've been quite lucky and not struggled with anything really only if i don't chew it then it really hurts! at least you can eat fish pie and cottage pie!

Have you tried really soft veg or soft rice with lots of sauce?

As long as your taking your Vitamins that should be ok maybe your just healing a little slower than most! Everyone is different. It has only been 21 days.

Try speaking to Wendy about it at your next fill!

Chin up babe

Jo xx

Ye i would be up for it if im getting another fill odge.

Hey bobo just a quick question!

When are do we go on to mushies is it tomorrow or saturday!

Do we count fill day as a liquid day?

Hi odge i count the fill day as a liquid day.

I have cheated a little and had runny scramble egg this morning to see if it was just liquids i am struggling with.

It went down slow but easyier than liquids its strange.

Hi HomeCare,

Have you tried things like scrambled egg of fish pie?

Maybe your not chewing your food enough as i found if i don't chew completely to mush it really hurts!!!

For those who have just been banded this month, i really would recommend Dr Chris's instructions about the time to stay on liquids and mushies! It is really dangerous to go straight to solid food straight away and can even cause major internal damage as you will not have healed fully inside!! I know its horrible but is necessary for your wellbeing!!!

Hi Gary

Second fill is great all i had today is a glass of smoothie 2 yoghurts and a tin of Soup and i have been satisfied with that! Does gurgle a bit if i drink to quickly but other than that all is fine! how's you?

JO x

hi odge am good thanks, got my fill 3 weeks ago and was pretty tight however it has loosened well a little, i think entally it has but its probably because i am choosing easier to eat food, mash, mince, soft past, rice with sauc, I can eat red meat, bread a little and toast if i take my time, i am however going to get a top up tomorrow from c deprez however i am seeing a pattern with all the others in that you need to go every month to have a small tweak.

g

Hi odge i count the fill day as a liquid day.

I have cheated a little and had runny scramble egg this morning to see if it was just liquids i am struggling with.

It went down slow but easyier than liquids its strange.

Oh thats good i'll go onto mushies tomorrow then cause rubbish on liquids!!!

Well i just managed 2 crispbreads with primula on and it went down fine but i am totally stuffed now!!!! Thats a good sign i think!!! YAY

That does seem weird! Is your appointment with Wendy on the 11th? Mine is at 10:45 with her in Glasgow so if its around the same time maybe we could go for a coffee? Wonder if Bobo and Gary would join as well!

I have heard that some people always struggle with egg so maybe your one of them! i've been quite lucky and not struggled with anything really only if i don't chew it then it really hurts! at least you can eat fish pie and cottage pie!

Have you tried really soft veg or soft rice with lots of sauce?

As long as your taking your Vitamins that should be ok maybe your just healing a little slower than most! Everyone is different. It has only been 21 days.

Try speaking to Wendy about it at your next fill

Chin up babe

Jo xx

Cheers Odge My appointment with Wendy is at 3.30pm shame as I would have loved to have met up for a coffee but I have to work until 2pm. Im not too concerned about only eating mushies and I think I will try the rice with sauce as Im getting a bit bored with the fish and cottage pie. Hows your weight loss now. I know Ive only lost the 16lb in three weeks but it would have taken me ages to lose this normally and people have already commented and asked me if Im losing weight so all good.

:rolleyes2:Flirty good luck and thinking about you Jx

Hi to all you bandsters and pre bandsters hope everything is positive with you all?:)

And a big "GOOD LUCK" to Flirty for tomorrow,just you do it girl!:)

now i have a question and hope i can get a few answers for it????

i am going out for the first time since being banded to have a drink tonight as my mate is over from abroad,therefore i need to know roughly what to expect when i drink now?

i will try bottled beer poured into a glass to get rid of some gas first and if thats too gassy maybe go onto pints or halfs of 80 shilling heavy,later on ill probably go onto vodka/ice with a very small dash of diet coke mmmm:tt2:

what do you think guys/girls should this be ok generally to drink with having the band in place after approx 22 days post surgery?

i know they say no fizzy stuff but if its not a daily occurence surely it should be ok......answers and advice would be much appreciated??

thanks in advance:thumbup:

Hi timeisnow i used to drink lagar and cider but i found the lagar was to sore when i drank it and it bagged my pouch up to much so i stopped drinking lager.

So i used to drink magners as i found out of all the ciders that was the leaset fizziest.If you get it just get it with loads of ice and that takes more fizz out of it .

Then as my band has got tighter i have had to stop drinking it as that is causeing me pain.

So now i drink guiness i dont know if this is the same as 80 shilling but if it is it should be fine there is no fizz in this.

There shoulnt be any problem drinking as long as your not going to hammer it.

I had a swaly about two weeks after been fitted and know problems.:)

Hi

I've just spoke to Michelle from WLS was phoning re. my first fill in August, which can take place in Belfast - Lisburn Road, rather than having to travel to Dublin (although it will be week or 2 later than I hoped) well chuffed I can be seen in Belfast.

She was telling me that Wendy and herself are travelling over to see Dr Chris 3rd August to possibly arrange fill packages and look at possibility of more regular fill clinics in Belfast (fortnightly) not sure if this includes other places also ??

She was very pleasant, I told her what I was eating and she was very reassuring. She also assured me that if I pre pay for package before the end of July (she was in no way pushy for me to do this) the 6 month period won't begin until my first consultaion 25th August (I thought I would loose almost a month) very happy with this deal !!

Hi to all you bandsters and pre bandsters hope everything is positive with you all?:)

And a big "GOOD LUCK" to Flirty for tomorrow,just you do it girl!:)

now i have a question and hope i can get a few answers for it????

i am going out for the first time since being banded to have a drink tonight as my mate is over from abroad,therefore i need to know roughly what to expect when i drink now?

i will try bottled beer poured into a glass to get rid of some gas first and if thats too gassy maybe go onto pints or halfs of 80 shilling heavy,later on ill probably go onto vodka/ice with a very small dash of diet coke mmmm:tt2:

what do you think guys/girls should this be ok generally to drink with having the band in place after approx 22 days post surgery?

i know they say no fizzy stuff but if its not a daily occurence surely it should be ok......answers and advice would be much appreciated??

thanks in advance:thumbup:

a woman i know who was banded last year has gin and tonic...she asks for a stirrir and stirs at it all the time to get the fizz out as shes drinking it..she also carries little sachets of sugar and drops a pinch into coke to get the fizz mostly out too. i can drink lager just as i could before no prob..i was on wine for a while tho as i didnt think i would be able to.. i would think that guinness is a good one yes, or have a spirit with fruit juice...vodka and cranberry or summat like?.have a great night anyway! x

HI guys

Just checking in. I hope I haven't missed u Flirty - good luck babe, I'll be thinking about you.

BTW - Michelle Bowater the MD of WLS is in Womans Own this week talking about having a baby after a gastric band and bypass!