Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi all hope you are all doing well regards your personal targets!

and a big thank you to everyone for the kind wishes re my return from brussels and post surgery:smile:

i have a question regarding fills and hope someone can help me....???

i can have my first fill on thursday 30th July with ECFS but not booked it yet,reason being i have a wedding on the saturday 1st august 2 x days afterwards.

i believe you have to stay on liquids for a day or two after being filled???do you think i should be ok to have a drink and eat something like Soup, small meal at the actual wedding and not have too much problems?

any help on this will be much appreciated:wink2:

also booked in with WLS on the 11th August and have taken out their special offer of 6 months aftercare/fills, sounds a very good deal.:tongue2:

If i was you i would leave it till the 11th .You have to be on liquids for three days then mushes for three.Plus you would be paying £90 for a fill then your £275 with wls.

thanks garry..yes it is surprising when you actually do it this way..i cant lift a bag of dog food even(17kg), well not without my back hurting and straining, so just look at what a strain i was having on my body before?! it puts it into perspective this way doesnt it!..roll on that next 2 bags of dog food! x

Gillian

love ur comparison to everday things (potatoes,dog food) this is the way I have always compared my excess weight. It started as a bag or 2 of sugar (way back) then progressed to bag of spuds now it's even heavier than my 6yr old dau' :tongue2: . And like u say I can hardly lift her. I often think of the huge strain on my heart,back etc. Ideally I would love to shift 4.5 - 5st. Time for change.

Thanks Garry, I prefer to know and be prepared for all eventualities !!

If i was you i would leave it till the 11th .You have to be on liquids for three days then mushes for three.Plus you would be paying £90 for a fill then your £275 with wls.

hi Bobo thanks for the quick reply!:cursing:

thats fine then i didnt know you had a few days mushies too so ill just leave first fill till the 11th then plus it makes financial sense too i suppose!:tongue2:

cheers

hi all on the 5th day of liquids after op and I am seriously sick of Soup I can cope with Bfast and lunch but at dinner Im looking for some thing hot, anyone got any Ideas other than SOUP. thanks J x

hi Bobo thanks for the quick reply!:cursing:

thats fine then i didnt know you had a few days mushies too so ill just leave first fill till the 11th then plus it makes financial sense too i suppose!:thumbup:

cheers

Yes it does when you look at the financial side I mean why pay the extra for the sake of 11 days. It would mean your first 6 months would cost you nearly £400 instead of £275 for the sake of a few days. I would enjoy your wedding and then carry on with this journey. J x:thumbup:

Hi Homecare,

Have you thought about maybe having smoothies at lunchtime and Soup maybe for dinner?

I was feeding a 10 month old baby today from a jar and it tasted delicious. Your probably saying Yuk! but its got all the nutrients too....i'm pre op so not really sure.....but just an idea!

Custard?

Good luck anyhow, thinking if you

Siobhain

a wee meal tip for my new found restriciton, i got a packet of quorn mince, a spoonfull of pataks curry paste and handfull of peas and a tin of tomatoes and made a lovely curry that slipped down just nicely allbeit it took me 50 min but dam tasy and i felt i had something. Quorn mince would not be my normal choice but in a curry its good and very low in fat and calories while adding good protien. a whole bad of 300g quron mince is only 270 cals, i reckon i managed half and with the sauce i would guess a calorie value of 320 cals plus rice 200 total 520, so i had 2 slimfast shakes 400 cals and half a count on us meal 200 so plus a few coffees i reckon i had 1400 cals, so i am happy at that as i am doing a good hour a day of cardio so need the fuel. but at last band doing its job

gx

hi all on the 5th day of liquids after op and I am seriously sick of Soup I can cope with Bfast and lunch but at dinner Im looking for some thing hot, anyone got any Ideas other than SOUP. thanks J x

i like spicy things so i made a lentil curry bordering on soup and it was good.

gx

Thanx gary your quorn mince curry sounds delicious, think i will be trying that this week.. i can eat quorn mince yet i cant manage to eat normal mince. I done a bbq tonight and had a plate of salad as i couldnt eat anything else, i tried a small piece of burger but it hurt so much i had to bring it back up :-( xx

Hi Homecare,

Have you thought about maybe having smoothies at lunchtime and Soup maybe for dinner?

I was feeding a 10 month old baby today from a jar and it tasted delicious. Your probably saying Yuk! but its got all the nutrients too....i'm pre op so not really sure.....but just an idea!

Custard?

Good luck anyhow, thinking if you

Siobhain

Thanks toppings but Dr CDB warned us not to eat baby food as it has a very high calorie content i.e to make baby grow etc. He also said not to have smoothies for the same reason. I have had custard but I dont like it hot. I am just looking for something hot with a bit of a savoury flavour. Thanks anyway Jx

Right guys how am I gonna do this. I got banded on Friday and although Im not 100% I feel pretty good. Son has Graduation on Friday which lasts around 1-1 1/2hours service. Then on to a hotel for champagne reception for 2 hrs, take family out for meal then back home for party 30 guests. I have got caterers in to do the food so not too worried about that. I am more concerned if I am up to it and also covering up not eating or drinking alcohol. First born has worked really hard for this degree and it was all booked before my op. He is also getting presented with a Student of distinction, so proud and I really dont want to let him down. I tire quite easily at the moment i.e. emptying dishwasher is taking twice as long and Im pretty tired. Any tips please!!! Jx

Hi Homecare,

See....told ya I was pre op!!! Thanks for that anyhow. Didn't know. You learn so much from this site.....

My husband last night bought a tin of chicken Curry and it had loads of sauce in it. It was actually like a thick Soup, but curry flavour!! Worth a try?

Hi Homecare and congrat's to first born!!

I would certainly get as much rest as possible between now and Friday. Try not to do anything u don't need to! I and most others felt better by the day so hopefully you will feel a bit better by Friday.

At the meal could you order Soup then just move stuff around ur plate for the main and arrange for ur hubby to steal ur meat or something?!! You can easily get away with saying you don;t feel hungry because of the heat and all the stress! For pud you can have some ice cream! Get ur glass filled with wine and just sip.

As for the evening make sure you get to sit down loads and get ur hubby to do most of the entertaining. If there's 30 people there they probably won't notice ur not eating.

I'd also get some dextro/luzocade tablets. I had some for when I came out of hospital and they do give you any enery boost.

I really hope everything goes well and if I think of anything else I'll let u know x