Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi everyone thats me checking back in safe and sound from being banded on friday 26th in Brussels, everything went very well and looking forward to seeing some weight loss in the near future.:thumbup:

Got to say from start to finish everything went pretty much like clockwork...taxi was waiting at airport for us dropped off at hotel 1030am approx room wasnt quite ready so sat outside at tables/chairs for an hour and had a cold drink as it was very warm.

in the room by 1130am was pretty basic,clean, tidy but had everything you will need just bring extra coffee, t bags and mugs to drink out of:laugh:

had a walk into vilvoorde to get some supplies milk,water,biscuits etc and some dinner(little cafe called "penos" does paninis,pizza,baguettes etc..nice and not too expensive) you have the choice of a Lidl or a CarreFour supermarket to get bits and bobs both pretty easy to find once in town centre.

back to hotel after a few hours then got ready to have last meal...i had a cold buffet starter a mix of different salads,salmon,vegetables,breads,stuffed fish etc then a cheesburger after that....be warned it was good but had a weird like pink relish on it that put me right off so if you like a cheeseburger on its own just ask no relish!!:cursing:i was going to have the mixed grill special 12euro but changed my mind when they siad it had garlic on it....i was informed later by homecare and her hubby it was rather tasty and the garlic was just a butter not a sauce as i had thought !!:blush::thumbdown:

that night 2100hrs approx i met up with Homecare and another lady from edin when we had our pre op chat with frederik in the hotel,he then comes round to your rooms individually to answer any questions etc and sort out payment.

next morning picked up by taxi at 0745hrs approx and taken to the hospital where you are checked in(remember to take passport) you are then given a room,gown,lovely

surgical stockings etc mines were tartan:wink2:.....between that you are all asked to go to a meeting room where you meet dr chris who gives you the full consultation and info re surgery and post op.

i was second to have my surgery done after homecare i remember being in the op room and it was approx 1114hrs then next thing being woken up after 1200hrs and told everything was fine the op was over....i felt fine after it like i had had a couple of pints and was taken to post op for a bit before going back to my room.

once back in the room the nurses etc sort you out re pain relief make you comfortable etc i had my partner visit me about an hour later till 2030hrs...i was tired but in no pain so went well.

didnt sleep a wink all night however as nurses checking on your bloodpressure,ecg,pain relief,drip etc every couple of hours but before you know it its 0730hrs and they come in and say you can get up and have a wash etc if you want..which i did felt even better after wash and shave.

spent rest of morning having a walk about to get moving and getting bag ready to go....then mid morning you have a post op meeting with Dr Chris where you are given all the info re the band,contact numbers,diet advice etc.

After this we were takin individually to get our xrays done to check the positioning of the band was fine...that barium drink was weird reminded me of a sweet bacardi..yuch:thumbdown:

anyway all was ok you get back to your room then they give you some dinner...clear Soup, dutch crispbreads and jam x 2,tea/coffee...managed to eat most of it apart from one crispbread.

i then got dressed finished packing my bags and waited for the taxi to pick us up at 1400hrs which he did to take us back to hotel.

once i got back i was straight out again for a walk into vilvoorde to look round shops etc as it was very hot and the rooms had no air conditioning.we were out for a couple of hours sat in the park in the centre then walked back to the hotel and i must admit felt tired but no real pain or nausea.

when got back to the room crashed out for about an hour or so then Frederik arrived to check on me to see everything was fine and i had no problems or questions.

we went down for our evening meal after 2000hrs i just had soup from the hotel and dutch crispbreads seemed to do me fine.

next morning Frederiks dad picked us up and took us to the airport no problems at all.........as i said everything went pretty much like clock work.

the hospital seemed spotless the nurses very professional and friendly and made you feel that you were in safe hands all the time i was there so cannot fault the experience at all.:o

i found most of the hotel staff very friendly and accomodating when asking for ice for our room for drinks, more pillows,slimfast in their fridge or using their pc to check in online and print boarding passes.

so all in all i would recommend this to anyone as everything so far it as it said on the tin....fingers crossed the next year or so will be the same.

homecare a big hello hope your port side aint so sore today??

Hi all. Please could you tell me:

1. How often you have had a fill in the first 6 months? (e.g. roughly every month, 6 weeks, 2 months etc.) or

2. The number of fills you had in the first 6 months?

I'm trying to decide whether to get fills with Dr Chris or WLS. WLS 6 month package looks much cheaper, but I need to travel to get to their clinics which bumps up the price. It all depends on the number of fills I'm likely to need in 6 months.

I know its different for everyone, but if a few people respond at least I can get a rough idea of what people need.

I was banded in March. I had my first fill 2 weeks later, second 2 weeks later, third 2 weeks after that and got good restriction but needed a top up a month later which was my fourth and again have good restriction. I'm with WLS on the 6 month package and I think it'll end Sept/Oct. I'll probably need at least another 1 or 2 more fills as the weight comes off. Where are you going for ur fills? I get them done in London where WLS are every other weekend. This is great as I have got to my sweet spot quickly as I can have fills every 2 weeks.

Wendy and Steve are REALLY lovely and I am more than happy with the service. They have a lot of people on the aftercare only package.

Hope that helps x

welcome back homecare and timeisnow!..youll be glad its all over and your now on the losing side!. you both did really well. youll be feeling better as every day passes, and soon be reporting your weight losses. homecare you say you would do it all again in the blink of an eye!..and look how nervous you were?!..so anyone else who is nervous, youll be fine!

Sorry once again I havent been around, Mum is in hospital again!!

She's had a couple of blood tranfusions and seems a lot better.

I am going to Southampton for another fill on Thursday, my last free one.

I hope he puts at least 1 ml in for me.

Hope all you girlies and guys are doing ok and still losing? xx

Hi freckles its nice to see you back on the forum, im sorry to hear about our mum being in hospital again, im sure she will be back home soon, i have been thinking about you x

Welcome back timeisnow, that was a very good and detailed post for the people getting ready to go for there band, im glad everything went so well for you.. it wont be long and you will be bragging about your weight loss lol x

Hi timeisnow

Great ur home safely, what a helpful account of ur stay !!!

This time next week I'll b there.Thanks for reminder about passport - I've just added that to checklist.

Hope things continue to go smoothly for u.

Hi Freckles good to have you back. I hope ur mum gets better soon and her hospital stay is better than last time.

What have you got in ur band now? Is it a 7-9ml?

Wishful & Gillian - hello ladies!! What are you up to now in ur bands? I'm 6.5ml in 7-9ml band (4 fills) and it's pretty tight. The battery has gone on my scales so I can't see if I've lost anything over the past few days! Hopefully I'll be happy when I get it changed!!

Garry -how's ur restriction? Still tight? I worry I'm not drinking enough, I'm really trying though but I'm only drinking half what I normally would.

hi guys hope your all ok . im on day 11 now and am eating slim fast 4 Breakfast cuppa Soup 4 lunch and soup 4 dinner with 3 crispbreads and late evening a yoghurt or custard pot . when can i go on to the next stage and what should i have ??? im so bored of bloody soup !!! pleas give me some ideas .thanks love alex xxxx:rolleyes::crying::rolleyes2:

Thanx Wishfull and Annie, they dont think my Mum will be coming back home, they say she needs 24 hour care, but I think they're wrong, I think she will walk again with the aid of a 'zimmer'.

I've got 5 and a half in my band and it holds between 9 and 11, and its a small one lol.

Its so weird isnt it, when you are tight, liquids dont go down well, yet I found I could eat a few things.

I hope you didnt put too much on while you were on hols Sammy, and more importantly did you have a nice time?

Hi Freckles, let's hope ur mum proves the doctors wrong!! Let us know how she gets on.

Had a lovely holiday thanks, especially the 1st week when it was just my husband and Harrison. I really got stuck into the buffets!! I had a few glasses of wine every night too. I went to WLS for a fill the day after I got back. It was a month previously I'd been and I'd actually lost 4lb which I was pleased about as I was on hols for 2 of those weeks! Roll on more weightloss!

My mum says hi x

Hi Freckles good to have you back. I hope ur mum gets better soon and her hospital stay is better than last time.

What have you got in ur band now? Is it a 7-9ml?

Wishful & Gillian - hello ladies!! What are you up to now in ur bands? I'm 6.5ml in 7-9ml band (4 fills) and it's pretty tight. The battery has gone on my scales so I can't see if I've lost anything over the past few days! Hopefully I'll be happy when I get it changed!!

Garry -how's ur restriction? Still tight? I worry I'm not drinking enough, I'm really trying though but I'm only drinking half what I normally would.

Hi Sammy, im going for 4th fll on Thurs i have 6mils at the mo hoping to get some restriction Frederick said my band holds 7-10 he said he only put half of a mil in this time so fingers crossed its great you have good restriction now the weight will fall off:thumbup:

Hi freckles glad to see you back sorry to hear your mums poorly hope shes feeling better soon how many fils have you had so far :rolleyes2:

Welcome home to all all you new bansters every day you will feel a bit better look forward to dropping those pounds:thumbup:

Thanks all once again for good wishes. I feel a good bit better today and Im sure it wont be too long until Im back to myself but I feel im getting tired quickly. Time is now what a detailed account of you time in Belgium. I hope you are wearing your delightful stockings and not your designer sport socks. By the way I told my boys today. They were really surprised that I had kept it secret but were wondering about the bruises on my hands and arms so I dont mind not telling them something but I didnt want to lie. Of course they are now calling me Fern!!!! Jx