Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Glad ur getting on OK. I found it got worse before it got better. Last night I had that horrid night reflux. Not too bad but enough to keep waking me up so I'm knackered this morning!! I had some Water just before I went to sleep so that must've done it. I feel really tight this am - great! Hopefully it'll loosen throughout the day. I tried a bit of mushed food last night so that may have contributed (stayed on liquids pretty much for 6 days).

Hubby going back tomorrow :frown: for another 8 weeks. I'll be back at work by the time I see him again. Another horrible thought!! :smile2:

aw thats a wee shame about your hubby> I am getting the hang of my restriction now, i have sussed to really take time, i can only eat mushy food but thats cool, and at the first gurggle at back of throat to stop and wait then continue as i found out that carrying on after gurggle leads to a little pain and the forming of that lovely gloop and if it does not shift at that then the little bit of food in pouch comes up> i got that far a couple of times yesterday and after that i could get nothing down even water for a good few hours. Today i have got the hang and not Pb at all and managed to get decent ammount of Fluid, porridge for brekkie, a small plate of lentil curry then a small ammount (tiny) of rice with sauce tonight. I think i am very tight as meat is a no no but i am happy to put up with it as my weight has moved quite a bit even since thurs. I am so motivated again and just glad that the band is finally doing what its ment.:thumbup:

gx

Hi All,

Could anyone who's been tell me what happens if you haven't booked direct with CDB (I booked with Bidget) about the consultation the night before. Should I phone him to say I'm here or will they look me up? Just crossed my mind, think the pre- nerves are starting to kick in now.

Cheers

Goodluck to fatduck and rosetah, im sure everything will go ok for you both x

Welcome back pixie, glad everything went so well for you.. everyday you will be feeling better x

Hi gary im glad everything is going so well for you, i cant wait till i get restriction like you have got x

Hi all Im back a bit sore and knackered. Would I do it again? In the blink of an eye. Everything went perfectly and arent their hospitals just great. I think I was first to go down I told frederic I was really nervous and he gave me a pre med tablet which really calmed me down. I remember being given an anaethetic at 9.05 and being woken up in the ward around 11. I feel around my port abit nippy and slightly burning. Still cant bend and to get out of bed is sore but so glad Ive done it. Jx

Hi all Im back a bit sore and knackered. Would I do it again? In the blink of an eye. Everything went perfectly and arent their hospitals just great. I think I was first to go down I told frederic I was really nervous and he gave me a pre med tablet which really calmed me down. I remember being given an anaethetic at 9.05 and being woken up in the ward around 11. I feel around my port abit nippy and slightly burning. Still cant bend and to get out of bed is sore but so glad Ive done it. Jx

j

so glad to hear from you well done glad your all done, take the rest and relax it will pay dividends.

gx

Hi homecare im so glad your home safe and sound with your band.. i was half expecting you to say you didnt have it as you were to nervous lol. a few days rest and you will be loads better x

Hi Lischa

Lovely 2 hear from u I'm staying at the Campinile also.

I arrive about 10.30am on Mon as I thought I had a consultation (bloods,ecg, etc) that day but Frederik emailed me yesterday to say he'll see me in my room between 9 -10pm to sort out money etc.

Can anyone tell me do I need to bring waterproof dressings ?

Best wishes !!!! fatduck & rosetah :thumbup:

Lischa keep in touch let me know how ur getting on with pre op. I went out with 2 besties last night for a chinese:smile2::smile2::frown: so I'm back on track again today.

Hi gary im glad everything is going so well for you, i cant wait till i get restriction like you have got x

thanks wishfull, its crazy mental, its been an interesting few days, you will get it before you know it. its all fun.

gx

Hi Homecare,

So glad all went well for ya!! This is the beginning of the good times for you lady:thumbup:

I've followed all your posts since we joined, you've asked all the questions I have needed answers for, so thank you for that and thank you for posting tonight. I've been thinking about you over the last couple of days and I'm well chuffed you're back and feeling so good.I'm away in the morning and hearing from you has eased my jitters a wee bit.

Ta HC

Vikki

P.S does anyone have an answer for my earlier Q please

Thank you

j

so glad to hear from you well done glad your all done, take the rest and relax it will pay dividends.

gx

Thanks Gary and now I see youve finally got retriction I want to see that ticker moving I keep watching it. Youve already done so well so get back into training. forgot to ask did you go walking or jogging with bobo or did you just look at the car park:wub: Jx

Hi homecare im so glad your home safe and sound with your band.. i was half expecting you to say you didnt have it as you were to nervous lol. a few days rest and you will be loads better x

Thanks so much wishful youve always been a constant source of information and so patient with a lot of questions that have been asked a hundred times. So a big thankyou once again Jx:thumbup:

Hi Garry

Can I ask u do u feel like ur going to choke or have you ever choked ? ( I've suffered with reflux for the last few months and it's left me with a bit of a fear of choking ) hope each day continues to get easier for u.

We get on the eurotunnel about 12 lunchtime and then 2 hour drive approx to hotel, so i guess i should be there by mid afternoon. How do you get an email to frederick? I emailed DR Chris today but whether he or frederick will reply. I feel kinda vague about the whole experience, must have caught Brigit on bad days when i rang and only had the basis info, never heard of Frederick until i read the blogs today and was worried about the consulatation the night before.... can you tell me anything about it?

Lisa

Hi Homecare,

So glad all went well for ya!! This is the beginning of the good times for you lady:thumbup:

I've followed all your posts since we joined, you've asked all the questions I have needed answers for, so thank you for that and thank you for posting tonight. I've been thinking about you over the last couple of days and I'm well chuffed you're back and feeling so good.I'm away in the morning and hearing from you has eased my jitters a wee bit.

Ta HC

Vikki

P.S does anyone have an answer for my earlier Q please

Thank you

Hi vikki I cant answer your question but what I can say is there were 2 women at our hotel who hadnt booked direct and they were not at our meeting in the hotel. I dont know if they already had a consultation previous to going to the hotel or if frederic spoke to them privately in their room. He gave us all the data about the op and came to our room for the money. Good luck your in good hands jx:thumbup: