Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

:thumbup::tongue::bored:

can u give me a typical day what u would eat ??? its my birthday on the 9th of july so thats 2 weeks today !!!what do u think ill be able 2 eat by then ????? how much weight have u lost now since u have been banded . how are u gettibg on ???xxx:smile:

Hi alex a typical day for me would be.. slimfast or actimel for my Breakfast, slimfast, or a cup a Soup for lunch and salad, veg and salmon or Pasta for my tea. I struggle with meat and the only one i can manage is quorn, i cant eat any kind of bread which isnt a bad thing. In time for your birthday you should be ok with well cooked pasta or veg.. its all trial and error. Im near on 3 1/2 stone lighter, wish it was a bit more but im more than happy with the way it is going and i know it wont be going back on :scared2: x

Hi Wishful,

I'm gonna ask a really silly question now so forgive me!!

Are you hungry on what you eat on a normal day?

It seems so little but maybe thats where the band helps...

:tt2:Thanks !

wishful,homecare and westbourne its good to hear how others are dealing with things.

Now, more questions ... where can i get contact details for wls aftercare providers ?

I have just phoned a private hospital here in Belfast and beed given a price of £210 for each fill/defill.This is way out of my league. And would like to check if wls operate in N.Ireland.

CDB does come to Dublin monthly according to previous postings. This is a 2.5 hr x 2 train journey and was looking for somewhere closer to home. Although Dublin is also a great place to shop (for skinny clothes) lol.

Also I take ppi tablets (reflux) will I still be able to take tabs broke/mashed up or will I need to sort alternative.

I've been told that long term weightloss should ease these symptoms.:bored:

Hi Wishful,

I'm gonna ask a really silly question now so forgive me!!

Are you hungry on what you eat on a normal day?

It seems so little but maybe thats where the band helps...

No i dont usually get hungry in between meals and if i do i will have a dutch crisp bread with philadelphia, Tomato and cucumber on. Today i have had a rosemary conley's porridge for breakfast, didnt have any lunch as i wasnt hungry and im having salmon,broccoli, carrots and sweet potato for tea (on a tea plate so its only small portions of each) im finding it harder to eat salmon now so i will enjoy it while i can, i drink plenty of fluids as well.. a lot more than i used to x x

my goodnes there are so many new guys n gals here well done to you all you must be really excited.

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO i at last got my much need fill today from cdb, he gav me 2ml taking me to 10ml and yip i think i have restriciton i have to sip Water and get the gurggling feeling at the back o my throuat so looks like it. Its been a long time coming.

Gx

That's great news garry I'm delighted for you. Can't wait till I get to that stage, I'm still a nipper at all this!!!!

:tt2:Thanks !

wishful,homecare and westbourne its good to hear how others are dealing with things.

Now, more questions ... where can i get contact details for wls aftercare providers ?

I have just phoned a private hospital here in Belfast and beed given a price of £210 for each fill/defill.This is way out of my league. And would like to check if wls operate in N.Ireland.

CDB does come to Dublin monthly according to previous postings. This is a 2.5 hr x 2 train journey and was looking for somewhere closer to home. Although Dublin is also a great place to shop (for skinny clothes) lol.

Also I take ppi tablets (reflux) will I still be able to take tabs broke/mashed up or will I need to sort alternative.

I've been told that long term weightloss should ease these symptoms.:thumbup:

Hi anitahug!

If you google Wls it should come up with their website! All their venues are on there!

I used to get reflux really bad until my operation and ever since that day it has gone!!!!:bored:

Dr Chris said it probably would due to the positioning of the band! I would inform him of the tablets you are taking though just incase he needs you to stop them before hand!!!

Hi Odgemodge,

I have just tried "wls venues" as you said and they have a clinic just a few miles from me. HAPPY DAYS !!!!

I'm going phone them tommorow to find out what the craic is. This will make an unbelievable difference to my aftercare and save me alot of time and alot of money.

Thanks

my goodnes there are so many new guys n gals here well done to you all you must be really excited.

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO i at last got my much need fill today from cdb, he gav me 2ml taking me to 10ml and yip i think i have restriciton i have to sip Water and get the gurggling feeling at the back o my throuat so looks like it. Its been a long time coming.

Gx

hahahahaha there is every chance i may have a little too much in, i managed a small tim of tom Soup earlier but since going to gym i am struggling with soup/water, i take a small sip and it just gurggles away, it does pass eventually. You guys with restriciton is this norm at this stage, i know it can subside as the days go on, but its certainly interesting.

gx

Gx

Hi Garry so glad for you band starting to do its job im having 4th fill next Thurs hoping to get a bit of restriction i seem to be able to eat more at the mo, a bit disapointed i hav,nt lost anymore weight in the last two weeks even tho im only having three small meals a day about 1000 cals so hoping next fill will get me going again x:crying:

Hi Garry so glad for you band starting to do its job im having 4th fill next Thurs hoping to get a bit of restriction i seem to be able to eat more at the mo, a bit disapointed i hav,nt lost anymore weight in the last two weeks even tho im only having three small meals a day about 1000 cals so hoping next fill will get me going again x:crying:

heres hoping shoes, think i may have got too much inn as i am struggling a bit tonight with fluids, it was not as bad earlier but i thin some peple get tighter in the evening and some in morning, i will see how it is in morning, as long as i can get Fluid i will live with it as it will ease in a few days.

gx

hi ladies i cant remember if it was wishfull or gillian that had reallt tight restriciton recently, can you let me know and pass a little advice

cheers

gx

Hi Garry,

I know I can't give you any advise regarding the band as yet but there is a hint of agitation in your posts. You've got my number please contact me if you want someome to talk to about it. I'm here for you like you are for me. XXX Vikki

Hi Garry,

I know I can't give you any advise regarding the band as yet but there is a hint of agitation in your posts. You've got my number please contact me if you want someome to talk to about it. I'm here for you like you are for me. XXX Vikki

Vikki thanks for that no I am fine just bizzarre after having no restriction and I just want to hear from the gals that were in the same boat a few wks ago. Gx