Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi homecare,

goodluck !!! I wish I was going 2moro as this waiting is driving me mad !!! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

:thumbup:Best wishes:thumbup:

Hi Everyone,

Frederick just wrote back to me and told me I was not suitable for the gastric band. They said I was too high risk as I was over the 50 BMI.

My head is all over the place now.. I had really set myself up for getting the band and finally starting to loose weight and enjoy life and now I am even too fat to get the band!!

I am so upset and angry with myself for letting it get this bad. He said If I wanted more info on the bypass I could but that isnt what i wanted, Number one I cannot afford the bypass they are supposed to be at least twice the price and also it is so invasive changin your anatomy forever and much more risky operation.

I am just sitting now thinking what can I do now....

Laura xx

Hi everyone

I'm new to all this so please treat me gently! :)

I'm booked in with Dr Chris in Vilvoorde to have my band done on the 15th September, it seams like years away!

I've been reading lots of threads and postings on here but would still like to ask a few questions.

Got op sorted, hotel & flights, etc but I'm a bit confused about the fills. I've been liasing with Bridget who has sorted everything out & she has given me a number for Julie Tosh to have my 1st fill done approx. 6 weeks after op. I've heard the name WLS on here & it seems that alot of you use them. Is Julie Tosh part of WLS? Only just been emailed all info from Bridget so haven't chance to speak to her yet. I'm a bit confused which really isn't hard for me! :(

Cheers guys

Sam.

thanks Guys for all your good wishes. Im really terrified if truth be known but this is what I want so Im going for it. Just one question does the campywhatever hotel have hairdryers or do you have to take your own. Really need a quick answer as packing as I speak. Thanks all J x

Hi Laura,

That is such dissappointing news for your, I'm so sorry. Don't give up on the band though. I'm sure CdB isn't your only option. Cosmetic Bliss based in Cornwall do banding in the czech republic, they're a bit more expensive but their cost includes your first three adjustments. Money is a problem for most of us but for me, personally, I think its worth paying off a loan for a few years if it will afford you a new future with a richer quality of life.

Cosmetic Bliss say on their web site-: (link below)

"BMI over 50 – those patients whose Body Mass Index is over 50 tend to be more at risk of peri-operative and post-operative complications". This seems hopeful to me, at least they are not saying we don't band patients with a BMI over 50 :(

Please don't be pushed down the bypass route if that isn't where you want to be.

Good Luck Laura and please let us know how you are getting on, we are all in the same boat with the same goals in mind.

Take Care,

Vikki

Laparoscopic Gastric Banding Surgery Abroad Only

Hi homecare,

Yes the hotel does have hairdryers, I know my room defo did anyway. Best of luck for Friday, make sure you have a final feast tomorrow and a few glasses of wine as it's not gonna make a difference at that stage!!! Can't wait to here how it goes. Will you wish Timeisnow good luck too in case we don't cross paths before the op.

Laura, oh you must be so upset. Would you not try to lose a few pounds and get the BMI to under the 50 mark then the op would be ok. My bmi was 47 and I was ok, just an idea. Also, Dr Bruno dillemans is supposed to be the best for gastric bypass, it's around €7,000 but remember you don't have the aftercare the rest of us have. Also, Dr dillemans does bands also. I'm so sorry, I can't begin to understand how devastated you must be but keep the chin up......where there's a will there's a way!

Hi Sammy & welcome to the family!!!

Julie tosh is connected to Dr Chris, she's the new manager for fill appointments etc, so the literature Dr chris gave me says. I don't know much about Bridget I think she's an agent who works on commission. WLS seem to be good for aftercare so I'm gonna go with them. It's much better value and Odgemodge says they have a special from July 1 for £270 which is a really great price. Hope this helps you.

Good luck Homecare

Will be thinking of you and here's a some Irish luck too....

Lots of luck and don't forget to tell us all when your back.

Keep the chin up :(

Hi Everyone,

Frederick just wrote back to me and told me I was not suitable for the gastric band. They said I was too high risk as I was over the 50 BMI.

My head is all over the place now.. I had really set myself up for getting the band and finally starting to loose weight and enjoy life and now I am even too fat to get the band!!

I am so upset and angry with myself for letting it get this bad. He said If I wanted more info on the bypass I could but that isnt what i wanted, Number one I cannot afford the bypass they are supposed to be at least twice the price and also it is so invasive changin your anatomy forever and much more risky operation.

I am just sitting now thinking what can I do now....

Laura xx

Hi Laura so sorry to hear that you must be devastated,im not one hundred % on this but i think i read someone on this forum say that there BMI was 50 and Dr Chris provisional gave them a date if they got there BMI down i dont know what they had to get it down to but it would be worth your while emailing Frederick again and asking him could he do that give you something to work towards even if you have to wait a couple of months to be more healthy for the op dont give up yet email him asking what do you have to get your BMI down to he might provisional give you a date best of luck love:smile:

Hi Fatduck, ShellyG & Shoes,

I am so upset.. trying to keep positive though, I know there are other surgeons out there and I'll just have to try loose some weight and maybe Dr Chris can accept me then.

Its just with finding this website I felt so much confidence in going to get it with him and now I cant!!

Anyway on a positive note I started my dieting again last Wednesday and just weighed myself and I have lost 4.5 pound in the week so happy bout that although the first week its easy to keep the will power. I'm just going to take it day by day and hopefully I will be joining all you banders on the loosing side very soon

Laura xx

Hi Shoes,

Certainly can wait to see you for a chat.

Would be great and you can show me your war wounds!!! Ha ha

Just been looking at the calender and now thinking of getting the band done on 31st July. Its a Friday which means I could be back here on the Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday off too.

Gonna email Frederick now about that date and check the flights!!!

Hopefully see ya next Thursday so

Toppings x

Hi Topping that be no problem at all thats a good idea over the bank holiday give you more time to recover being honest your better off taking a few days off everyone is different i know i felt very weak :(

I am so upset.. trying to keep positive though, I know there are other surgeons out there and I'll just have to try loose some weight and maybe Dr Chris can accept me then.

Its just with finding this website I felt so much confidence in going to get it with him and now I cant!!

Anyway on a positive note I started my dieting again last Wednesday and just weighed myself and I have lost 4.5 pound in the week so happy bout that although the first week its easy to keep the will power. I'm just going to take it day by day and hopefully I will be joining all you banders on the loosing side very soon

Lauraxx

Hi Laura thats great you have lost 4.5 pounds it wont be long before you can go for your op keep postive you put your mind to it you will get it down my BMI was 42 your not that far away just a little bump in the road x:smile::(

Laura xx

im so sorry for you laura, yes it might be a good idea to ask doctor chris if hell give you a provisional date as yes it will give you something to work towards and help you with your dieting at the moment (well done for your loss this week,thats more than a lot of us are doing with a band!) i really hope you get it done soon, just stick to your diet, and maybe ask your doctor for slimming tablets to help you get there, im sure theyll be sympathetic when they see how disappointed and desperate you feel. my doctor gave me two different types of diet tablets and they do work..you put the weight back on after, like we all do with diets but at least if you lose it to get the band done, you know whatever you lose then, it will be gone forever. i feel for you,especially wih your age, i really hope you get it done, and dont forget to keep on here for support.make an appointment at your doctors,good luck x

:thumbup:hey homecare..its come round to your turn now .good luck! youll be fine cant wait to hear how you get on..try and give us a post on sunday or monday!

x