Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Bobobaldy,

Ah thanks for clearing that up for me was getting all confused with people mentioning Fredrick ha ha :confused:

Oh silly me I wanted to email dr Chris direct ... do you have an email for him or Fredick by any chance? Id be very gratefull :biggrin:

Congrats on your weightloss... I am the same weight as you when you started.. I am only 20 years old though :blushing: well nearly 21!! Bit worried I will get turned down cos of my age!!

Laura xx

HI laura freds email is

frederik.serneels@ecfs.be

Dont wory about your age you will be fine.You might not get a reply straight away as he is not the fastest guy to get a reply from.

HI laura freds email is

frederik.serneels@ecfs.be

Dont wory about your age you will be fine.You might not get a reply straight away as he is not the fastest guy to get a reply from.

Hi Bobobaldy,

Thanks a mill for this, will email him now try get the ball rolling :blushing:

Laura xx

Hi Shoes,

Thanks , that would be great meeting up with people in the same bout. I am going to email Frederick and try get the ball rolling :confused:

Did you book direct with Dr Chris? Can you let me know what you paid, I seen on europe surgery it says 3950

Laura xx

Hi Laura you are better off booking direct with Frederick it will save you a few bob i paid €4.070 that includes three nights hotel for you and your partner also all your taxi's, i wouldn't worry about your age there was a girl over there when i was she was 21 she had know problems, Frederick will ask you to send him some medical details what medication you are taking and if you have any medical conditions, i think Bobo has sent you Frederick's email good luck with your decision:smile::blushing:

PS i don't think Europe surgery includes hotel or taxi's

Hi every1,

My name is Sarah I've been reading and researching banding surgery now for over a yr. I have read all the information about Dr CDB and have decided that he's goin to be the one for me. I'm booked in for surgery on 1/9/09 and cant wait!!!! However I have never had surgery before and I'm really scared as I dont no what to expect, but after reading all ur comments I feel a little reasured. I was reading the infomation about the 10 injection you need to have to stop blood clotting? does anyone have more information about this PLZ! such as what is the injection? when do I inject myself? what do i need to do when back in the UK do i need to go do my GP for it etc!! Also if anyone has any general information of what happens pre and post op it would be much appreiciated I'm so scared but no it is the right choice for me. I'm 23 and weigh 17st 10lbs and I have been obese for most of my life I have decided to take these next steps to help me in my journey of becoming a more confident, happier and hopefully healthier Sarah:wink2:

Thanks Sarah x

Hi

Thanks ! I have gained so much useful info from this w'site. I have finally had the courage to go for it.I booked with Frederik and am having op on 7 July, I now feel I'm on a rollercoaster emotions all over the place.

hi all not been on for a while and its taken ages to catch up good luck to all you newbies who are waiting to be banded you are in great hands and well done to every one on there great weight losses I'm back to work tomorrow i have had a lot longer time off than most but i do quite a bit of lifting as i'm a dog groomer so Dr Chris said he would like me not to lift any heavy weights for 3 weeks .I'm 1 stone down now and feel great and i have my first fill on the 13 July with WLS Group .I went to vist a friend for a week she lives in saundersfoot she had a gastric bypass in November and has lost 8 stone but cant shift the last stone but she can eat more than me and different foods to me she is looking for a good surgeon to do her arms any of you know of one as its a big opp were she will be left with scars so she wants the best so i said i would ask you guys xxsuefeexx

Hi Guys!

Well I'm back from 2 weeks in Tenerife, I didn't blow up on the plane or set the security alarms off!! In fact my band didn't seem to tighten at all on the plane which is good but if I was going any further I'd have had a bit of a de-fill.

We stayed in a hotel half board for the 1st week which was buffet meals. I was surprised at how much I could eat, an omelette for Breakfast and a reasonable size plate of fish, veg, pasta/rice for dinner plus pud!! There was some restriction thankfully but it was clear I needed a bit more so I made an appointment for the day after we got back (actually it was the same day as we didn't get home until 4am!).

So, Wendy put another 0.5ml in (I thought that may have been a bit too much so I was very careful drinking the Water after!!). I'm on liquids now for a week, just as well after indulging on holiday!! I can defo feel some more restriction but not like it was a couple of months back thankfully.

I thought I may have put a bit of weight on but had lost 4 lb (a all fat according to the all singing all dancing WLS sclaes!!) over the last month, 2 of those weeks being holiday. I could easily put on 10+lbs on a 2 week holiday without the band!

How's everyone else doing? I'll try and have a flick through the previous 2 weeks worth of posts but not sure if I'll have time.

Welcome to all the newbies, ur in the right place and good luck to those who are being banded in the coming week x

i have booked my first fill 4 the 23rd of july so thats 4 weeks . i have prob 5 stone 2 loose but wanna loose 6 .im hoping to have reached my goal within the year and sick 2 it the quicker the better 4 me . after the first 3 weeks before my first fill can i eat normally again or is it still the foods they have told us /??Xx:smile::confused::blushing:

hi alex, i had at least 6 stone to lose too. i want to be 10 stone, im just over 5 foot, but if you look at these silly charts it will say i should be somewhere between 6.5 and 7.5 stone no doubt!.. as its been stretched for so long,my skin would be hanging off me at that at my age, its bad enough now!. i am working on another 9 months ish, hopefully..but if it takes longer i dont mind, as long as it moves steadily and doesnt go back on. stick to what your told to eat before and after your fills..after the op its liquids for quite a while and youll have your biggest weight loss in first two weeks prob..then onto the sloppy/mushy stage for a week, then just go really carefully. it will prob take a few fills to get some restriction,but when you do get good restriction you should lose steadily. it should be about 1-2lb a week depending. i know that doesnt sound much but thats 4-8 stone in a year, which is realistic. there are times when you wont lose anything, and times where youll lose more. good luck anyway!

:blushing: welcome back sammy!..hope you had a great holiday, and well done you on losing while there! you should be pleased with your progress, bet wendys happy with you. bet your husband noticed the difference in you! x

Hi sjs the injections you have are to stop your blood clotting, you have your 1st the morning after your surgery.. the nurse will show you how to do it, in the tummy. Then they give you 5 injections to bring home and you do them your self or get someone else to do them for you, i got my partner to do my 1st ones and then done a couple myself.. you cant feel anything so dont worry, im a big girls blouse when it comes to needles but i was fine with these. x

Welcome back sammy and well done on your weight loss, hope you had a lovely holiday and had a great birthday while you were away x

Hi

Thanks ! I have gained so much useful info from this w'site. I have finally had the courage to go for it.I booked with Frederik and am having op on 7 July, I now feel I'm on a rollercoaster emotions all over the place.

You have made a great decision to have surgery with dr chris, you will soon be on the side of us losers lol x

:smile2: yes SJS, like wishfull says, they are so easy and painless, its a tiny little ready made sterile syringe in a pack, it was the thing i was most scared about being a bit of a needle phobic, but i was really proud that i did it myself!..i even did bigsisters first one, the needle is size of a hair and you just grab a bit of flab..which we all have on our belly! squeeze it tight and stick it in..i did it so slowly and couldnt believe it when i saw it sinking in cos i couldnt feel a thing!..i was also in a state about the first fill but that was easy too, its not painfull, i just dont like the thought of needles going in. youll be fine with it..if i was,anyone is! x

Hi Bobobaldy,

Ah thanks for clearing that up for me was getting all confused with people mentioning Fredrick ha ha :lol:

Oh silly me I wanted to email dr Chris direct ... do you have an email for him or Fredick by any chance? Id be very gratefull :eek:

Congrats on your weightloss... I am the same weight as you when you started.. I am only 20 years old though :smile2: well nearly 21!! Bit worried I will get turned down cos of my age!!

Laura xx

Hi Laura

I'm the mum of Stephanie (aged 21 next month) who was banded on 6th March by Dr Chris. This was by far the best decision for her as apart from the initial pain (wind etc) the actual weightloss has been pretty painless. Of course you miss all the things you used to eat; well at least the quantity but it has changed her life. To date she has lost 3 stones with another 3 to go without the agonies of still wanting to eat more as you do when you join a "normal" slimming club. This, she has managed with only one fill, her second is in Glasgow on 17th July. Also the assistance from everyone on here prior and after her op was invaluable so pls continue to ask all your questions as nothing is too much trouble. This action will be the one of the best things you'll ever do and it will definitely change your life too - it's not a quick fix it's what they say is a "tool" to enable changes to be made.

I'm not on the forum as much lately so i'll take this opportunity to wish everyone especially Shoes (she was banded same day as Steph) continued success.

Best

kxx