Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

i just dont feel like eating but im sure that will change i am hungry but that could just be the pain im in . hoping each day gets better i cant even pick my baby son up . how sad i love him so much and cant even hold him yet . oh well im gonna be positive now an dhope that this time next week ima size 8 !!! ha ha i wish !!!!! cheers 4 feedback keeps me going xxxx:smile::biggrin::(

i just dont feel like eating but im sure that will change i am hungry but that could just be the pain im in . hoping each day gets better i cant even pick my baby son up . how sad i love him so much and cant even hold him yet . oh well im gonna be positive now an dhope that this time next week ima size 8 !!! ha ha i wish !!!!! cheers 4 feedback keeps me going xxxx:smile::biggrin::(

Lol if only it was that quick, but im sure you will soon be loads better and bouncing your baby on your knee again x

Hi Kathy,

Happy to say I don't have the breathlessness or the nausea. In fact if anything my breathing has improved considerably! I have mild asthma but since the op I haven't taken the inhaler as I don't feel I need it. Go to the doc as you said, best to get these things checked. If I was to diagnose you i'd say it's stress and possibly panic attacks. You have gone through so so much physically and mentally in the past 2 weeks so it's bound to effect you someway. I haven't heard from Allan other than his post to say he got the clot removed, really hope he's on the mend. Haven't seen Mairead either, must pop in to say hello soon. Take care of yourself.X

thanks ii hope your right i am feeling a little better just need to get through the pain and ill be fine . im gonna have a cup of Soup 2 night looking forward 2 that . since the op all i have had is 2 and a half slimfast shakes and some Water in nearly 4 days .is that right ?????? im hoping to have lost a good stone in the first 2 weeks /??/?xxx:rolleyes:

you will probably find you have lost that stone in the first two weeks, it is usual to do that..it will slow down tho!..then you have to wait til the fills get you going again, it may take a few though, but you wont see that weight again..thats the difference with just dieting alone. we have all prob managed to lose one, two or more stones..then we put it all back on again..including another few more pounds!. but you wont with the band, thats the great bit! good luck! p.s., how much have you got to lose altogether? x

Hi Homecare et al - I just want to make it clear that my liver disease is not from alcohol, or Dr Chris would not have operated at all (he did ask me this while I was about to go under). So please don't worry about that. I have cirrhosis and underwent surgery in 2002, so it is very doubtful that any of you would have such a chronic illness without knowing about it - blood tests routinely test liver function and a problem would show up. In my case, the original diagnosis was seven years ago and my liver blood work has been improving ever since - the point where it was well within the normal range when the lap band surgery was attempted. Dr Chris stopped for fear of internal bleeding that he may not be able to stop and would land me in intensive care in a foreign hospital - costing me thousands a day. I'm still very disappointed in the outcome, but there's little that I could have done. As I said before, there appears to have been a huge miscommuniciation between Dr Chris, myself and Fredrik - but the outcome remains the same. The bottom-line, Homecare and any others, unless you have had serious liver problems in the past (likely resulting in surgery) it is doubtful you have anything to worry about. Good luck to you all!

Hi kathy I know yours was nothing to do with alcohol and I really hope more than anything I havent upset you. It was just before you posted I was going through all the things that could go wrong and that was one of my fears. Hope you are able to breath more easily and are feeling better. J x

Hi all, I'm flying out tomorrow morning so packing my bag and pretty nervous now!

Hope it all goes well, I'm looking forward to seeing those who'll be out at the same time as me : )

I'll be back on here later in the week a banded woman!!

Good luck and a speedy recovery. You will be all done and I will just be going in YIKES!!!!!! Jx:sad:

you will probably find you have lost that stone in the first two weeks, it is usual to do that..it will slow down tho!..then you have to wait til the fills get you going again, it may take a few though, but you wont see that weight again..thats the difference with just dieting alone. we have all prob managed to lose one, two or more stones..then we put it all back on again..including another few more pounds!. but you wont with the band, thats the great bit! good luck! p.s., how much have you got to lose altogether? x

i have booked my first fill 4 the 23rd of july so thats 4 weeks . i have prob 5 stone 2 loose but wanna loose 6 .im hoping to have reached my goal within the year and sick 2 it the quicker the better 4 me . after the first 3 weeks before my first fill can i eat normally again or is it still the foods they have told us /??Xx:smile::biggrin::(

Hi Laura & Welcome,

Frederik does the fills in Dublin once a month. Also alot of the people here go to WLS and they come to Dublin (Swords) once a month too. WLS offer a 6mths aftercare for £349. Frederik is in Pembroke street and is €120 per fill. I just got banded last week and as much as I'd like to stay with Frederik, the fact that Flirty (an inspiration to us all) had to get close to €1,000 worth of fills I feel the WLS is much better value plus I believe they have a dietician to set out a diet to suit you. I'm just coming off the liquid stage post op which is so so hard. Had to watch my hubby and all his family eating chinese last night followed by meringues, cream and stawberries!!! I got through it so I'm proud of myself. If you've any other questions just shout someone is bound to have the answer.

Hi ShellyG,

The WLS sounds like the better option alright. Do they have a website or email you can give me please?

Can someone tell me is Fredrick and Dr Chris is the same place? Do you choose which surgeon you want or do they decide?? sorry slightly confused!! I emailed the crowed europe surgery yesterday but have not got a reply.... have I emailed the correct place for Dr Chris?

I can only imagine how hard it is when you can't eat what everyone else is...but at least it will be worth it :(

Laura xx

Hi Laura,

I'm going in to see Frederick on 2nd July in dublin, as like you I've also refused to pay the ridiculous price tag of 11000 euro.

I hope to get banded 5th August as he has these dates free and they suit me best.

Where in Ireland you from?

Hi Toppings,

So you are going for the consultation before then.. I am thinking of just asking to do the night before although I am worried he might say no to me then!!

I am from Wicklow to :( where bouts in Wicklow you from?

Laura xx

Hi Laura,

Just don't tell work that you are going abroad. It's nothing to do with anyone else. I had my op on a Tuesday and I was back to work the following Monday. Mine was timed that it was the week after my holiday - so work thought I was still on holiday. I think the message is that you don't have to tell or explain to anyone about it. It's private. It's hard enough without anyone else judging you.

Hope this helps?

Westie x

Hi Westie,

Thank you, I think I will just ring in sick and say I am having a procedure done and nothing else.. I still havent got a date or anything yet but just like running through everything make sure I am organised ha :(

Laura xx

Hi ShellyG,

The WLS sounds like the better option alright. Do they have a website or email you can give me please?

Can someone tell me is Fredrick and Dr Chris is the same place? Do you choose which surgeon you want or do they decide?? sorry slightly confused!! I emailed the crowed europe surgery yesterday but have not got a reply.... have I emailed the correct place for Dr Chris?

I can only imagine how hard it is when you can't eat what everyone else is...but at least it will be worth it :(

Laura xx

Hi laura if you google wls goup it is first in the search.

Dr chris is the surgeon and fredrick is his assistant and does all the bookings for him plus helps with the ops and does the fills.

Europe surgery is a company that does bookings for dr chris but your best going through dr chris himself as its cheaper and you can get a package through him which includes taxis and hotels.

Edited by bobobaldy

Hi Shoes,

I notice your going for your fill on 2nd July....

I'll be there meeting Frederick too about my consultation for the band. What time is your appointment?

Mine's for 12 noon

Hi Topping,my appointment is not till 2pm if your still around want to have a chat you can let me know:smile: :(

The best of luck to guys having surgery this week not that you need it looking forward too your post:smile::biggrin:

Hi too all the newbies youve come too the right place:smile::w00t:

Hi laura if you google wls goup it is first in the search.

Dr chris is the surgeon and fredrick is his assistant and does all the bookings for him plus helps with the ops and does the fills.

Europe surgery is a company that does bookings for dr chris but your best going through dr chris himself as its cheaper and you can get a package through him which includes taxis and hotels.

Hi Bobobaldy,

Ah thanks for clearing that up for me was getting all confused with people mentioning Fredrick ha ha :confused:

Oh silly me I wanted to email dr Chris direct ... do you have an email for him or Fredick by any chance? Id be very gratefull :biggrin:

Congrats on your weightloss... I am the same weight as you when you started.. I am only 20 years old though :blushing: well nearly 21!! Bit worried I will get turned down cos of my age!!

Laura xx

Hi Toppings,

So you are going for the consultation before then.. I am thinking of just asking to do the night before although I am worried he might say no to me then!!

I am from Wicklow to :confused: where bouts in Wicklow you from?

Laura xx

Hi laura, welcome to the forum i am from Co Kildare i had my surgery 6th of March i had my consultation the night before it was fine i got a chance to meet three girls that where having surgery same day as me Frederick asked me would i mind if he spoke to us all together i was glad put my mind at ease we where all going through the motions together, the taxis picked us all up the same time, we where able to have a chat before we left hotel and when we arrived at the hospital, when i checked in to hospital i didn't see anybody till after op next morning:smile::blushing:

Hi laura, welcome to the forum i am from Co Kildare i had my surgery 6th of March i had my consultation the night before it was fine i got a chance to meet three girls that where having surgery same day as me Frederick asked me would i mind if he spoke to us all together i was glad put my mind at ease we where all going through the motions together, the taxis picked us all up the same time, we where able to have a chat before we left hotel and when we arrived at the hospital, when i checked in to hospital i didn't see anybody till after op next morning:smile::blushing:

Hi Shoes,

Thanks , that would be great meeting up with people in the same bout. I am going to email Frederick and try get the ball rolling :confused:

Did you book direct with Dr Chris? Can you let me know what you paid, I seen on europe surgery it says 3950

Laura xx