Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi homecare and timeisnow,

You'll be absolutely fine though I know exactly how you feel, it's stil so fresh in my mind!!! You'll be surprised when you get there and meet the others who will be operated on the same day. In our group, two partners even went out to dinner together on the Friday night. Everyone is in the same boat, all worried for their partner/friend whatever and they will support each other. In my group I was 2nd check in, 2nd to be taken from the meeting room, my bed was bed 2 and I was 2nd to be operated on!!! Hope you both get to share a room. Are you going with Frederik TIN? Don't know if he give preference to the bookings he's taken. I asked him not to leave me till last, he said the operating list in done in the theatre and he doesn't choose but I think this is a little white lie! Don't forget that mug, it's a great piece of advice already given to you, you'll be so glad of it, also take a few teabags, the ones in the room were caramel....yuk! esp after an op! TIN don't know about food, our flight said it would be 1 hr 40mins but we did it in 1hr 15mins both ways. Didn't get food but could buy sandwiches etc so you'll defo be able to get something. Trying to re live the whole thing to give you any help but I'll keep it in my focus and will get back to you if I think of anything else. I'm doing great now I have food again!!! I had a weetabix in lots of milk, then a half a fish pie OMG it was heaven. I feel like i'm human again!!!!

Ahh Homecare, we all felt that way, but you will be fine and before you know it you'll be done and back home.

Then you'll wonder why you didnt get it done a long time ago, I know i did.

Thanks freckles and shellyg, I know its just stupid nerves but honestly Im waking up in the middle of the night thinking the same will happen to me as what happened to Kathy ie liver etc. Roll on thursday. I would really like to thank Gary for all the info you gave me when we met up. It was this meeting that convinced me to go through with it. Good or bad Gaz you are getting the blame anyway. Thanks all Jx

Homecare, Kathy would tell you herself she knew she has liver problems. It was not caused by alcohol and certainly not by a couple of glasses of wine!! isn't red wine supposed to be good for you!! I had similiar fears that they'd find something when they opened me up, i'm a bit neurotic, if I have a headache i think it's a brain tumor! OK worse case scenario...IF and a very big IF there was something there wouldn't we be best knowing about it NOW so we could do something about it???? Perhaps Dr Chris saved Kathy, hopefully that will be the case that she's caught this in time. Your fears are totally natural and don't think yourself stupid for having them, you're only human. If we don't chat before Thursday, I'll be thinking about you on Friday and will wait in anticipation to hear your journey. ShellXXX

Homecare, Kathy would tell you herself she knew she has liver problems. It was not caused by alcohol and certainly not by a couple of glasses of wine!! isn't red wine supposed to be good for you!! I had similiar fears that they'd find something when they opened me up, i'm a bit neurotic, if I have a headache i think it's a brain tumor! OK worse case scenario...IF and a very big IF there was something there wouldn't we be best knowing about it NOW so we could do something about it???? Perhaps Dr Chris saved Kathy, hopefully that will be the case that she's caught this in time. Your fears are totally natural and don't think yourself stupid for having them, you're only human. If we don't chat before Thursday, I'll be thinking about you on Friday and will wait in anticipation to hear your journey. ShellXXX

Thanks Shell. I know I sound neurotic its just I have drank red wine for years, you know the thing stressful day at work and pour myself a large glass or two to relax. I havent really thought about the damage I may be doing to my liver until now. So one thing I have learnt on this banding journey is I must cut down on my intake. Its got too many empty calories anway and Ive heard you become a cheap date after being banded you cant consume as much as pre banding. Is this because you dont have much food in you to soak up the alcohol therfore it affects you much quicker. Will defo have to watch that as I dont like to be drunk and not in control. Jx:unsure:

Thanks freckles and shellyg, I know its just stupid nerves but honestly Im waking up in the middle of the night thinking the same will happen to me as what happened to Kathy ie liver etc. Roll on thursday. I would really like to thank Gary for all the info you gave me when we met up. It was this meeting that convinced me to go through with it. Good or bad Gaz you are getting the blame anyway. Thanks all Jx

you are more than welcome good luck, you will be back before you know it. keep us posted.

gx

hi every one im back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why did no one tell me bout the pain ????? if i knew it was that bad i prob would not have had it done !!!! please tell me it eases ...what can i eat now ??? slim fast is making me sick what can i eat xxxxx:frown::):)

Hi timeisnow how are you feeling now the time is nigh:ohmy: I am absolutely sh**ing myself. How you done on pre op diet. Are you taking anyone with you, My husband thinks he'll be billy nomates when we get there. I keep telling him this is not a holiday. J

hiya homecare:smile:

being honest i am not too bad and as i said before my only worry is he cant do the surgery for some reason..that would just be disastrous:sad:

been on the pre op since week past thursday no alcohol and trying to stay on low fat low sugar foods,had a treat last night though .....had a pizza:tongue_smilie:

yeh my partner and son are coming over with me for moral support so just hope it all goes to plan.

roll on thursday will probably catch up with you in the hotel the night before the big op?

got an email from Frederik about the taxi etc and he will visit my room at 2100hrs approx to collect the cash and give me some more info.

lets just think posititve!

:)

Hi Alex,

Sorry to hear you are in pain! I didn't get any so i suppose everyone is different!!! It will ease within a few days i'm sure as every day you feel better!!!

I lived on yoghurt and Soup when i was in liquids!!! also homemade juices are good! I bought a juice book and a juicer!!!! Its only 10 days liquids to try to struggle through! I know its the worst part of this whole experience but it will be worth it when you see the scales move! I lost my first stone when i was in my liquid stage!!!!

hi every one im back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why did no one tell me bout the pain ????? if i knew it was that bad i prob would not have had it done !!!! please tell me it eases ...what can i eat now ??? slim fast is making me sick what can i eat xxxxx:frown::):)

Hi alex is the pain from wind on your shoulder or chest or is it from the wounds????:)

Well lads and ladies,

I'm flying out of Dublin tomorrow morning to have my op on Tues and I am shitting it big style!!! I think that I have been in denial about the whole thing up to now and it has hit me like a brick wall.

I am absolutely terrified, thanks be to god I've never been admitted to hospital before for anything and rarely go to the doctors so my mind is racing as to what will happen and no matter how many pages I read on this forum I'm struggling to calm myself down.

I know that Pixie will be there the same day as me...so please say a little prayer for us both that we both get on well.

I'll report on my return which will prob be in a week as I'm staying with the parents for a few days post op to be minded.

Talk Soon!!

Sara xxx.

Good Luck Sara & Pixie, will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Alex I was much the same as jo and didn't get much pain either. Mine was mostly discomfort. Keep taking the pain killers - you can take solphendine (or any other paracetamol) and nurofen together as one is paracetamol and the other is ibuprofen and rest as much as possible. The liquid stage is a nightmare and I have to tell you honestly it only got worse for me as the days went on. Jo just said 10 days, i only could manage 8 days but on the ECFS booklet Fred gave me it said one week but yet dr chris letter said 10 days. I'm craving all the things that made me this size but hoping they'll pass. But yes seeing the scales move makes it all worthwhile!

Hi sara you will be in really good hands and this is the beginning of your new life, honestly you will be on here next week telling the one's ready to go out not to worry that everything will be ok. Good luck to tou and pixie.. we will all be waiting for you to report in with your story and weight loss x