Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Laura & Welcome,

Frederik does the fills in Dublin once a month. Also alot of the people here go to WLS and they come to Dublin (Swords) once a month too. WLS offer a 6mths aftercare for £349. Frederik is in Pembroke street and is €120 per fill. I just got banded last week and as much as I'd like to stay with Frederik, the fact that Flirty (an inspiration to us all) had to get close to €1,000 worth of fills I feel the WLS is much better value plus I believe they have a dietician to set out a diet to suit you. I'm just coming off the liquid stage post op which is so so hard. Had to watch my hubby and all his family eating chinese last night followed by meringues, cream and stawberries!!! I got through it so I'm proud of myself. If you've any other questions just shout someone is bound to have the answer.

Hi everyone,

I have been researching the band for several months now.. I was looking at a private clinic in Dublin but the price of 11,000 has forced me to rethink my options. After searching the web I came accross websites with Dr Chris as surgeon and then found this site.. I am so grateful I did there is so much information on here its great.

I have a few questions the first.. I have seen people say its cheaper to book direct with Dr Chis, can you let me know which website is for booking direct with him?

Also I am in Ireland and was wondering if anyone from here has had the op and can you get fills back here rather than travelling to uk or belgium? If they do them in ireland can you tell me where and how much in euro the fills cost?

Also just wondering from a work perspective how to handle the time I will need off, I'd like to know did people take the time as annual leave or sick leave?? I ask because I dont have much annual leave left in work for this year and the thought of waiting till next year kills me! Just wondering if I informed my doc I was going for an op could he give me sick cert for the time off...

I'll prob have loads more questions shorty but thats it for now.

Thanks

Laura

Hi Laura,

I'm going in to see Frederick on 2nd July in dublin, as like you I've also refused to pay the ridiculous price tag of 11000 euro.

I hope to get banded 5th August as he has these dates free and they suit me best.

Where in Ireland you from?

Well done shelly for not indulging in all that food..mmm did sound lovely tho, it will get easier to watch other people eat things like that and you will be able to have the odd treat x

Hey fatduck you are going to have to work on your will power lol. The band doesnt stop you eating chocolate or anything that goes down easily and usually full of calories, mores the pity. Im sure when it matters you will dig deep and find it from somewhere lol x

Well guys this is the week that changes my life. Being banded on friday and flying out on Thursday. You all probably are fed up with me banging on about this but I am soooo nervous and worried and excited. Im a bit angry with myself as I havent had any wine in nearly 3 weeks but gave in last night and had 2 glasses of red. Got the stretchy clothes, nurofen melts, on milk thistle and arnica. Got cup of Soups and mug and toiletries and slippers. Any thing else I need. Jx

Hey Wishful I know you're right!

I managed to stay off it last night :( I don't think I'm an alkie or anything just get really bored at the weekends and have got into the habit of feeding that boredom with booze and grub :biggrin: I think the key word there is habit, the band is going to help me break bad habits.

I love food and wine. I think I've said before I'm a chef so it's a passion for me. Guess I'll take up crochet or knitting or something else instead :thumbup:

Homecare, don't worry yourself unnecessarily, you're doing a commendable job in your pre- op preparations and I don't think a couple of glasses of wine are going to disrupt your hard work.

I'll be thinking of you on Friday

Hey Wishful I know you're right!

I managed to stay off it last night :( I don't think I'm an alkie or anything just get really bored at the weekends and have got into the habit of feeding that boredom with booze and grub :biggrin: I think the key word there is habit, the band is going to help me break bad habits.

I love food and wine. I think I've said before I'm a chef so it's a passion for me. Guess I'll take up crochet or knitting or something else instead :thumbup:

Homecare, don't worry yourself unnecessarily, you're doing a commendable job in your pre- op preparations and I don't think a couple of glasses of wine are going to disrupt your hard work.

I'll be thinking of you on Friday

Gee thanks fatduck:tongue_smilie:

Hi Homecare,

Oh my God, you must be so nervous but excited at the same time. I doubt if 2 glasses of wine would undo 3 weeks worth of good work, but try to stay focused. The wine will always be there and you can have that after the op. Do I sound hard - sorry don't mean to but I read on another site where they couldn't operate cos the liver hadn't shrunk enough. It has happened.

I'm hoping to be banded 5th August and I'll need stern words from you too then!!!

So who is going with you? What hotel you staying in?

Do you have much to loose?

Hi Homecare,

Oh my God, you must be so nervous but excited at the same time. I doubt if 2 glasses of wine would undo 3 weeks worth of good work, but try to stay focused. The wine will always be there and you can have that after the op. Do I sound hard - sorry don't mean to but I read on another site where they couldn't operate cos the liver hadn't shrunk enough. It has happened.

I'm hoping to be banded 5th August and I'll need stern words from you too then!!!

So who is going with you? What hotel you staying in?

Do you have much to loose?

Hi Toppings Im going with my husband and I have booked the package through Dr Chris himself, so the hotel and taxis are included. Ive got around 5 stone to lose. Ive not told my 3 sons, they think we are going on a few days holiday. My eldest would try and talk me out of it and the 3 of them are keep fit fanatics and also when I booked it they all had exams going on so didnt want to worry them. Ive told my sister and 1 friend but thats all dont want anyone else to know. Thank goodness for this site it lets you prattle on with people who understand what your going through. Jx

:) hi everyone, just got back from scarborough, been with kids for our anniversary weekend! the sun has come out now weve got home!.the full english breakfasts and table d'hote 3 course meals were fantastic, and i tasted everything but, david got most of the helpings of mine..managed the gorgeous homemade Soup starter and the fresh cheesecake deserts, just didnt put the potatoes on plate and declined bread rolls. i even had three chips from one of those seafront chipshops!..took me about 10 minutes to eat them tho (in a bus shelter in the rain!) had bit of candy floss and a bite of fresh donut (doesnt go past band well!) thank god i dont really like ice cream! walked a bit and went ten pin bowling etc so hope i wont have put anything on..it is ok to have a bit of a treat tho, id go mad otherwise!..i cant physicly eat that much so cant go mad anyway. welcome to all newbies!..gosh there is a lot of you going out, waiting to get a date and those just thinking about it!..i think by the time you have joined this site there is no turning back anyway, and you WILL be going for it doing!. good luck to you all, look back thro this thread and see how well people have done. gillian x

hi all bandsters and pre bandsters hope everything is going well for you all:wink:

i am hoping somebody can answer this question for me......

we fly out at 7am from edinburgh with BMI to Brussels international and the flight takes approx 1hr 45 mins so i was wondering if we get a meal on the plane??

reason being if not will have to arrive earlier at the airport to have something to eat before boarding.

p.s also anyone that has used a "bag drop service" how quickly can you go through the process and what does it actually entail??i will be booking in online the night before and printing our boarding passes then all we have to do is the "bag drop" thing but never actually done it before so any help much appreciated??

how do they know where your bags are going?

will we have to put tags on b4 hand with destination etc details?

hi all bandsters and pre bandsters hope everything is going well for you all:wink:

we fly out at 7am from edinburgh with BMI to Brussels international and the flight takes approx 1hr 45 mins so i was wondering if we get a meal on the plane??

reason being if not will have to arrive earlier at the airport to have something to eat before boarding.

p.s also anyone that has used a "bag drop service" how quickly can you go through the process and what does it actually entail??i will be booking in online the night before and printing our boarding passes then all we have to do is the "bag drop" thing but never actually done it before so any help much appreciated??

Hi timeisnow how are you feeling now the time is nigh:ohmy: I am absolutely sh**ing myself. How you done on pre op diet. Are you taking anyone with you, My husband thinks he'll be billy nomates when we get there. I keep telling him this is not a holiday. J

i went with bmi however it was the afternoon and we got a sandwich so i guess you will get something.

g

Hi Wishfull im at 6mils too have a bit of restriction going for 4th fill 2th july fred said he can only put in half a mil i think this will get me there, i tried a bit of a crusty roll today started to hurt so i defo cant eat bread its strange i sometimes eat a little bit and feel really full then other times im really hungry and have to stop myself from eatting to much are you the same :)

Shoes, I find that my band changes every day, one day I can eat something that I couldnt eat yesterday. So yes you are normal :)

A big welcome to Rose, hope you enjoy it here.

Edited by Freckles