Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Alex, dont worry about the scars they do fade, and when they're healed properly try using Bio Oil, its great for scars and also for stretch marks.< /p>

I've got 10 scars, cos I have been banded twice. Both bands were implanted by Michael Van den Bossche, not in belgium, but in the bupa Southampton.

My first band eroded, very unusual...I loved the band that much that I got it done again, so that should tell you that you have made the right choice.

The girlies here have done so well with their weight losses I am really amazed.

Mines been slow cos i gave up smoking, sorry to say i started again 2 weeks ago, cos I felt the weight wasnt shifting as fast as it could have.

Plus i dont have much will power, a friend stayed for the weekend and she smokes a lot, I couldnt eat could hardly drink, so started the fags again...yeh I know...stupid!!

I wasnt going to pay all that money to have the smoking thing stop me losing.

Anyway chick, you will be home before you know it, dont forget to tell us how you go on.

Edited by Freckles

Alex, Wow that was the quickest booking Ive heard yet. I have been waiting around 8 weeks or more and I am getting done next week. Ive been through a roller coaster of emotions so you will be able to avoid all that. Good luck and post all your experiences on here. j x

Hi alex and welcome, just a note to remind you that when you get back you'll need to rest for a week and you wont feel up to driving for a few days, take a mug with you for in the hotel, look on u tube search miss flump the video will show you what to expect and you can see the size of the cuts, also take some windeeze gels. Dont forget to post on here when you get back.

Hi everyone, I'm leaving for France again tonight, and I'll catch up with you all when I return 6th July.

For those who will be banded when I'm away, I wish you well and a quick recovery.

Love to all Maggs MMM :wink2:

hi guys !!1 yeah i was very lucky originally bridget told me 8 weeks and then i called back and she had a cancellation so i took it there and then . but have not done the pre op diet but she says it will be fine xxx

Hi timeisnow what info did you find off Gary about the airport. Let me know as I am also wondering about bag drop. Jx

hiya homecare... garry used the one in glasgow so wasnt totally however i think im just going to phone them up if i cant understand it when i read up on it again next week!

hi to all you bandsters and pre bandsters hope everything is going fine:thumbup:

anyway bought alot of things for taking with me next week and for after surgery such as calpol 6+,nurofen melts,

remegel,windeeze,zantac...i also bought arnica tablets(are they for bruising??) can anyone explain when i should start taking them and what they actually do to help please??

also got the super baggy tracksuit bottoms for 4 quid so happy with that!:blushing:

if anyone can let me know if i have missed out anything important or think i need to take something else that will help make things easier please do let me know:wink:

many thanks

I would confirm with someone with medical knowledge about zantac, because a friend of mine had to stop useing it for 3 months before they were allowed the op. Take care.

hi alex1 ....just like to say all the best for your journey and surgery, but from what i can gather on here you will be in superb hands!

i am due to have surgery next week so i am really starting to get nervous but just cant wait to get it done!

:blushing:

hiya homecare... garry used the one in glasgow so wasnt totally however i think im just going to phone them up if i cant understand it when i read up on it again next week!

Timeisnow from what I can gather you check in online upto 24hrs before your flight. I think it asks about bags going into hold and then there is a drop of point at the airport??? J x

Hi mandy and tee-bird how are you both doing after your 1st fills? my restriction is a lot better now, i stayed on liquids till sunday afternoon, at the min im having slimfast for Breakfast, cup a Soup for lunch and small amount of veg for tea, i cant manage any meat at the min and struggled with salmon... grapes i cant eat at all, i tried soft egg and had to bring it back up as it was painful, happy days x

Hi Wishfull, good to hear your doing so good. I have no restriction at the moment, I have booked another fill for the 9th July, when We have come bk off my hols in August, I am going to book with WLS, I have not lost any weight since having my fill last thurs. I am trying to do a little more excercise, to help with the weight loss. You look great last week when I met you, just keep it up. xx

Cheers girls and guy for the comments.Starting to feel alot more confident in myself now that i feel the weight coming off so long may it continue.Hope you get restriction with your fill gaz.I have been training like a dog to on my wii fit.lol

I have been round stathclyde park a few times walking and a few times on the bike .I know its not like going to the gym but its better than nothing.lol

Give us shout sometime and we will do a lap round it walking the dogs.

hi mate ye am up for a wander roon the park let me know when suits.

g

hi mate ye am up for a wander roon the park let me know when suits.

g

Im off tomorrow or friday if your no busy?

Goodluck for tomorrow alex, just in case i dont catch you before you go x

thanks so much i will keep u updated and let u know how everyting went .xxxxx:smile::w00t::blushing:

:blushing:

hi alex1 ....just like to say all the best for your journey and surgery, but from what i can gather on here you will be in superb hands!

i am due to have surgery next week so i am really starting to get nervous but just cant wait to get it done!

:w00t:

thanks so much ill sent u a long detailed message when i get back and can answer any questions xxxxxx:smile::w00t: