Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi guys take that was great yesterday but itwas a long day i was on my feet for 6 hours but worth it now can only one tell me the phone number to phone wendy on about the fills as i need to find out when i can get it done many thanks

Hi suefee, if you want WLS, it's Colleen you phone on 08007879029. She's pretty good at getting back to you promptly x

Edited by Tee-Bird

Hi wishfull, Mandyfielding,

Do you please have the address/postcode for where we are getting filled by ECFS on Thursday in Manchester? I need to print an autoroute and get timings so i can arrange childcare for the baby x

Do you please have the address/postcode for where we are getting filled by ECFS on Thursday in Manchester? I need to print an autoroute and get timings so i can arrange childcare for the baby x

Hi tee-bird im sorry i cant remember the post code but it is right next too manchester airport if that helps, is it not in any of the paper work we had? You could phone julie, she is the lady who does fill bookings for frederik, her number is 07872963503, she will be able too give you the address x

:thumbup: hi just come back from fill..pleased cos down another 5lb this month!.I just had .5ml put in i think..it took me to 6ml anyway. i did ask steve, wendys partner who does it with her about why WLS has stopped doing the 6 month package to new bandsters..He looked confused and said, no he didnt know and wasnt aware that they had stopped it!..as far as he was concerned you still could have this package. i explained that some of you on here had been told this and were not happy about it as its a lot of money to fork out esp after paying for the op..he gave me his card and said if anyone wanted to give him a call, he would try to sort it if possible..so its a bit bad if the fill nurses dont even know about this, the management hasnt told them?!.. :ohmy:OMG!!. i have just looked for the card and cant find it, i must have dropped it on bus..i will get wendys number from bigsister, he said people could either ring him or wendy..sorry, ill be back on with the number soon x

Thats great gillian well done on the weight loss.:thumbup:

Hiya, the edinburgh fills are done at 13 Heriot Row

Edinburgh, EH3 6HP

hope this helps.

gx

hi Gary thanks mate for the address in Edinburgh!i called up julia macintosh today to try and book my first fill but she expalined i had to do it after the surgery.

can anyone tell me which dates and days they tend to do the fills in Edinburgh??:thumbup:

cheers

:) hi just come back from fill..pleased cos down another 5lb this month!.I just had .5ml put in i think..it took me to 6ml anyway. i did ask steve, wendys partner who does it with her about why WLS has stopped doing the 6 month package to new bandsters..He looked confused and said, no he didnt know and wasnt aware that they had stopped it!..as far as he was concerned you still could have this package. i explained that some of you on here had been told this and were not happy about it as its a lot of money to fork out esp after paying for the op..he gave me his card and said if anyone wanted to give him a call, he would try to sort it if possible..so its a bit bad if the fill nurses dont even know about this, the management hasnt told them?!.. :ohmy:OMG!!. i have just looked for the card and cant find it, i must have dropped it on bus..i will get wendys number from bigsister, he said people could either ring him or wendy..sorry, ill be back on with the number soon x

Thats really good gillian. I hope everyone who wants the 6 month package can have it.:lol: But Coleen definately said it was no longer company policy to allow this. They wanted them to have 12 months.:thumbup: Hope the decide to cancel this stupid policy. And thanks for asking on our behalf:rolleyes2: Congrats on the weight loss how much is that now? Ive started a low fat diet already 2 and a half weeks before the op as I want to get into the swing of things. I kept eating things and saying to myself it might be the last time Ill have this but I think since Ive decided to have the op all my last taste of things have made me put on another half stone. So enough is enough and thats why I started the low fat diet yesterday. I felt really hungry yesterday but ok today:drool: J x

Well done Gillian, you must be so pleased with your regular weightloss, has big sister started to get some restriction yet

hi Gary thanks mate for the address in Edinburgh!i called up julia macintosh today to try and book my first fill but she expalined i had to do it after the surgery.

can anyone tell me which dates and days they tend to do the fills in Edinburgh??:)

cheers

Timeisnow I think the date they told me was august the 17th or round abouts.:thumbup: I know it was too late as I am going on holiday on the 16th and thats why I decided to go with wls. They have a clinic on the 11th of August and definately will not fill until at least 6 weeks after op. Hope this helps a little. j x

Edited by homecare

Went to my GP tonight and told him my intentions of getting the operation in Belgium. He was very supportive and was really sorry the NHS couldnt do more. He has given me some soluable pain killers (but dont know if I will be able to take them its solpadol) also thinks after my six months with wls the NHS will continue my care if needed? He said he had visited some hospitals in Belgium and they were top grade. He made me feel really confident about what I am doing and has straightened out some of my silly worries. Jx

:thumbup: hi just come back from fill..pleased cos down another 5lb this month!.I just had .5ml put in i think..it took me to 6ml anyway. i did ask steve, wendys partner who does it with her about why WLS has stopped doing the 6 month package to new bandsters..He looked confused and said, no he didnt know and wasnt aware that they had stopped it!..as far as he was concerned you still could have this package. i explained that some of you on here had been told this and were not happy about it as its a lot of money to fork out esp after paying for the op..he gave me his card and said if anyone wanted to give him a call, he would try to sort it if possible..so its a bit bad if the fill nurses dont even know about this, the management hasnt told them?!.. :ohmy:OMG!!. i have just looked for the card and cant find it, i must have dropped it on bus..i will get wendys number from bigsister, he said people could either ring him or wendy..sorry, ill be back on with the number soon x

Hi Gillian, i had my thrid fill yesturday in Dublin with Frederick he put 1mil in brought me up to 6mils not sure if i have any resriction yet i can drink no problem, can i ask you would you know by the liquids wheather or not you have any restriction or do you have to wait till you can eat to notice:confused: have a funny feeling i dont have any, well done Gillian on your weight loss so far you've done great lol:smile:

Hello to all hope newbies are all doing well getting over there op wont be long for all you pre op peeps hang in there it will be worth it :):smile:

Timeisnow I think the date they told me was august the 17th or round abouts.:thumbup: I know it was too late as I am going on holiday on the 16th and thats why I decided to go with wls. They have a clinic on the 11th of August and definately will not fill until at least 6 weeks after op. Hope this helps a little. j x

hi homecare thanks for that bit o info!

august the 16th thats not very good def more than 4 weeks after surgery then?

i was hoping to get a fill near end of july as have a few thing on in august!

good that your GP was helpful mine was not very good or supportive when i told him:thumbdown:

well not long to go now for us both will be starting in earnest the low fat diet even though i have been cutting down anyway!

later:thumbup:

hi tee bird the manchester fills are in the Regus business centreManchester Business Park

3000 Aviator Way

Manchester M22 5TG, just go into reception and ask for ecfs. wee tip park at front door first and run into reception as the car park is behind the building and you need to display a ticket that reception give you, this will save you parking, walking to reception and then having to go back to car, especially will wee ones.

hope this helps.

gx

well done i am jealous i can t wait for a fill in 2 weeks not had one for 3 months and badly need it to get moving again.

keep up the good work.

gx

Hi gillian,

Congrats on the weight loss. Thanks for asking about the 6 month package, it's really funny cos wendy never offered me the 6 mth package when I spoke to her on May 27th. After homecare getting the package I emailed wls today explaining that 12 months would not be financially viable but i would be really keen to go for the 6 mths and if it was at all possible. About half an hour later colleen called me. Very nice lady. She said that she would give me the 6 mths package, they normally encourage the 12mth one but if that's what i could afford at the moment it wasn't a problem. I'm almost certain she said they were going to stop the package for new bandsters but decided against it. so any of you who want the 6mth deal ring them now and pay the deposit like homecare. I told her as I'm going for the op on friday i'd leave it till next week to pay her, she said that was not a problem as my 6 mths wouldn't kick in till 6 weeks post op. I'm really really happy now, i think that's a good omen for me!!