Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks for getting back to me Sammy and Freckles!!!!

just wondering if anyone has any problems with salad?????

Just think that if i haven't got my first fill for another month then going to have to start solids and keep it healthy!!!!

Hi Everybody,

just wanted to know how is dr. De Bruyne? if u had to do it again will you choose him again? why?

Dr Chris is a highly professional surgeon! I'm glad i chose him and his team!!! If I had to choose again i would still go to him!!!! The hospital is immaculate and the staff were extremely good and especially accomodating when it came to visitors!!!

Plus even though the standard of care is so high the price is almost halved!!!! opportunity to good to miss!!!!:smile:

Dr Chris email is chris.debruyne@advalvas.be

Think this is right.

Thanks I will Try it!... xx Dawn:thumbup:

Hey everyone,

Just a few more questions.

1. What time flight are you getting to belgium the day before surgery? My options are to arrive at either 8.20am or 8.30pm and I am wondering if I'll b there too early or late for my consultation and to check in to the hotel.

2. What time to leave at on day 3? My options are the 810am flight or 920pm flight? Does dr chris or his associate check in u on day three?

3. Flirty-- what day/ date of the month do the fills take place in Dublin? Am contemplating either the 23rd or 26thjune and want to get a fill four weeks later or as soon as I am let.

Thanks a million.

Sara

Hey everyone,

Just a few more questions.

1. What time flight are you getting to belgium the day before surgery? My options are to arrive at either 8.20am or 8.30pm and I am wondering if I'll b there too early or late for my consultation and to check in to the hotel.

2. What time to leave at on day 3? My options are the 810am flight or 920pm flight? Does dr chris or his associate check in u on day three?

3. Flirty-- what day/ date of the month do the fills take place in Dublin? Am contemplating either the 23rd or 26thjune and want to get a fill four weeks later or as soon as I am let.

Thanks a million.

Sara

Hey the best time to fly over is in the morning as fred does the consultation at 9pm..

The hotel should let you check in early if your room is not occupied!!!

Also i would fly home in the morning as well as check out of hotel is 11am and you don't want to be hanging around after your op as you will be tired!!!!

Fred will check on you in the evening of day 2!!!

Hope this helps

Hi sara i got early flight with aerlingus think its at 6.50am and the day i was coming home also got early aer lingus flight think it was around 10am eh fills are usually first thursday of the month

Where did you spring from Alfie? I see you have 50 posts, but i dont ever remember seeing you in this thread before.

Just clicked your link, very interesting and a credit to Dr chris.

Carrie what brill news, so happy for you :wub:

fat Duck, I think thats the lady who is very well known for being very pushy, and people tend to steer away from her.:smile:

Oh btw, a big WELCOME to you

I never ever looked down the forums, I only found the UK part recently lol :eek:

Hi Guy's, haven't been on for a while, have a ? for all you experience bandsters had surgery 11 weeks ago have been doing really well up to now,but last couple of days have had pain and discomfort at the port site feels like a bad stitch worse when i sit down, im starting to get a bit worried about this i only had port pain for a couple of weeks post surgery and then i was fine had no discomfort, it feels just like after surgery has anyone experience this please any info :smile::scared2::eek:

yes!!.i asked everyone else and no one else had it except me..its not the soreness of the op still, its where its sewn in to he muscle. it got to the point where i was thinking id have to go and have another op to loosen it.it hurt when i bent down, got up etc or any exertion..it lasted for about a month to 6 weeks and wasnt nice. my fill nurse said it is sewn in like a button and will loosen off with time and weight loss, and it ends up like a loose button..so i know its tight now, and its miserable, but it will go, i couldnt wear anything except very loose elasticated trousers as anything pressing on it or bending really twinged it. it was fine when i was sat still though..so if this is same as you..it will go, but may be good few weeks..x

Hi everyone, this is my first post. Does anyone know how I can book directly with Dr Chris? I've been reading old posts where a few people have said this is a good way to go. I've been contacted by a lady called Tullia, from one of the many sites that I enquired to and she seems, quite frankly, a bit pushy and rather alarming :smile: she wants the cash drafted tomorrow not really giving me any time to mull things over (or get a bank loan sorted !!!) I'd appreciate any feedback from y'all. Cheers xxx

tullia law did my head in..all she is bothered about is getting money it seems..she.never stopped ringing and bugging me and got angry when i didnt answer..and all i did was fill an online enquiry form that wont send unless you put your phone number on.i thought id get an email with the prices returned, but she must have phoned more 20 times at all times even later at night for few weeks..id book thro dr chris ,frederik or bridget at europesurgery.com, tullia is scary! x

Edited by gillian

Hey ladies and Gents...sitting here tonight eating a full fish supper, I have back, to my senses and realised this band is def for me and something that will give me the new lease of life i've been dying for for so long!! Sorry for all the moaning and groaning, welcome to all the newbies! I am going for the crown currency deal this week, so thanks to everyone who advised on this for my Euros. Then it's the 6 week countdown from this Friday. I was thinking on stocking up on joggers and hoodies, cos Im assuming that things won't be too comfertable down there for a little while? What did everyone else wear after the op, oh and do you need nightie, pj's for the hospital?

Sounds like a few people have great restriction, so well done all. and for all you prebandsters like me , think about how amazing we're gonna look by this time next year!!!

XX

sorry,not been on for last couple of days..went to wembley yesterday to watch sheffield united lose!.but welcome to newbies and i know its late but good luck westie and hope your op went well today and good luck for those going out thurs for your friday ops! x

HI ALL well this time next week i will be in Belgium my surgery is next Wednesday and i am feeling very positive at the moment .I have told every one that i am having it done the reason be i am thinking it might help me stay on the straight and narrow until i get my restriction .How much time did any of you have off work as my job involves some lifting .I still cant find anyone being banded on the 3 June but i suppose there will be others when i get out there xxx suefee :smile:

yes!!.i asked everyone else and no one else had it except me..its not the soreness of the op still, its where its sewn in to he muscle. it got to the point where i was thinking id have to go and have another op to loosen it.it hurt when i bent down, got up etc or any exertion..it lasted for about a month to 6 weeks and wasnt nice. my fill nurse said it is sewn in like a button and will loosen off with time and weight loss, and it ends up like a loose button..so i know its tight now, and its miserable, but it will go, i couldnt wear anything except very loose elasticated trousers as anything pressing on it or bending really twinged it. it was fine when i was sat still though..so if this is same as you..it will go, but may be good few weeks..x

I had pain for about 11-12 weeks as i kept seeming to rip it turning over in bed. It eventually went in the end :smile:

Thanks for the replies Homecare & Gillian and for the welcome Freckles. I agree with you Gillian, she is pretty scary!!:smile: definately gonna give her a body swerve. I was totally confused about the websites available & who represented who but you've made it clear now. There was a phone call for me this morning which I missed (at work) and an email I've just received from Bridget. I posted an enquiry and she got back saying I've passed your details onto the surgeon for the next available date. She followed it up with a 2nd email saying the next dates 23rd of June Wednesday and Friday afterward for surgery. Now I'm really confused what does that mean:huh2: If you hadn't said she was with Dr Chris I probably would have emailed her saying I only enquired what a cheek blah blah.