Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Ok I admit it - I feel like a freight train has run me over and I AM thinking what the hell did I do?? Banded May 21st..

My restricton came away today - was quite surprised as i didn't eat anything for the first 2 days as such... now I felt hungry for the first time.

Thanks for the arnica tips also - i look a little like an addict right now - and on the trip home got looked at a lot like - "what did you do????"... lol...

any suggestions for newly banded bander for food in the first 2 weeks??? or did everyone just stick to slim fast and cup a Soup? ?

n

Hi nzniki44, I was banded about 10 days ago and i too wasn't hungry for the first few days. The first 10 days, i have averaged an actimel and 2 crisp breads for Breakfast, soup or weight watchers rice pudding or yoghurt for lunch and the same for dinner. I found that buying low fat Desserts and yoghurts and fresh strong Soups helped with the boredom. As you've probably read, i am struggling with Water but that's probably because i was so used to waiting until i was thirsty and then downing a pint of water which i can't do now. i can only take really small sips and get frustrated but i'm sure it will ease with time.

As for the pain, 10 days in, my stiches are out and i feel great again. My wounds are healing well and theres no more port pain, how are you feeling? x

Mandyfielding, How's your band going? It's only been 2 weeks since your band. are you feeling similarly to me? x

Wishfull, lol just realised your real name on my friend request on Facebook now! Couldn't work out who it was, i'm sooo dizzy at times x

Edited by Tee-Bird

Hey Wishfull - awesome - thanks for letting me know this info - that's great to know...

The mashed potatoe/ gravy sounds great - I'll look forward to that!!! Thanjs again wishfull... I know it will get better -

I've just been frustrated throughout the week...:mad:

thanks for the support :thumbup:

Nizniki44, you sound like you had a bit of a rough time, but your on the road to recovery and you will be so pleased you had your band.. bet they thought you were a druggy on the way home lol, something to tell there friends when they get home he he x

Hey tee-bird just try and take as much liquid as you can, i still take a bottle of juice with me wher ever i go, glad your getting fluids in tho x

Thanks wishfull, i'll keep you posted x

flirtylass, how's it going? Hope you're feeling ok about surgery! You look gr8 now chick so imagine how fab you'll look after with a flat tummy an all! I went to the doctor yesterday and he's so good he's asked me to go back in september to sort out a referral to hospital for Tummy Tuck, he reckons if we get the ball rolling, i wont have to wait too long after most of my weight is down.... and i'll only have to get to 12 stone to see the consultant (my goal weight is 10st 4lbs!). Let me know how it's going chick x

Tee-Bird/ Wishfull - this is awesome info :thumbup:- thank you so much - I felt re-invigorated straight away :lol: - I'm off to asda to find all the nice Soups - I thought I was stuck with slim fast for the first 10 days - and if I', honest - I dont like it!"£$% :party:

I've been so worried about being sick/ vomitting (cause of the port pain) I've been (I think) over cautious...

Thanks guys much much appreciated!!!! :mad:

Oh teebird (lol) thats brilliant news that ur doc is willing to get the ball rolling in september for ur tt i think i told ya when i got home from belgium i got a letter to see surgeon in march next yr i just aint gona wait that long cos i could be told in march theres no funding its great u have such a good doc bet ur thrilled and its a even bigger incentive for u to get down quick as possible...

Im still on liquids cant believe iv actually stuck to them lol but im determined to do anything it takes now to get this last stone off before my op now that i have the date booked to see surgeon nerves and fear have taken over i just have to keep reminding myself i want the end result and to get there i need surgery but glad ur doing well hows mark? M was asking for ya i must get her on here x

Edited by flirtylass

Oh wishfull thats brilliant news that ur doc is willing to get the ball rolling in september for ur tt i think i told ya when i got home from belgium i got a letter to see surgeon in march next yr i just aint gona wait that long cos i could be told in march theres no funding its great u have such a good doc bet ur thrilled and its a even bigger incentive for u to get down quick as possible...

Im still on liquids cant believe iv actually stuck to them lol but im determined to do anything it takes now to get this last stone off before my op now that i have the date booked to see surgeon nerves and fear have taken over i just have to keep reminding myself i want the end result and to get there i need surgery but glad ur doing well hows mark? M was asking for ya i must get her on here x

Flirty, think your having a brain fart with my name chick! Mark's fine, just about to go to morrisons to get some yummy foods, think i'm gonna stick to liquids in the day and mushies like fish pie, shepherds pie, quorn bolognaise etc. Had rice the other day, found it fine so chilli would be good. Might stick to quorn though, no lumps and loads healthier! Was thinking about M the other day, how's her weight loss? Tell her we're thinking of her x

Haha yeah how did i get the name wrong my heads not with it lol Ah umm i wouldnt mind some yummy food myself but il try be good for another while Eh M only weighed once last sun and had a stone off id say she'l weigh tomorro she said she doesnt wana become obsessed with the scales like me on and off them 10times a day lol but yeah il tell her ur thinking of her enjoy ur nice food lol x

Haha wishfull defo TT i aint even hungry now all i can think of is plastic surgery and all that can go wrong but im just gona put out of my head well at least try till closer the time but il tell u if i get plastics done it'l be the band and plastics done within a year and it'l be one life changing year...

U have done amazingly well, well done you.. cant wait till iv lost all my weight then i can start my journey for plastic surgery, tt and thigh lift 4 me x

hi everybody, the posts are great, your all doing so well, brill news for the banded peeps, you had done the rite thing. I am going to be boring now peeps, prob just going over wat every one els has been chatting about, foods that you can eat after the liquids. Today is the 1st day that I have eaten, I had scrambled egg, and I ate it all, :mad: I was hungrey, but I have just read that some peeps can only eat a few mouthfulls. Any more information on what you peeps eat, would be great. I am interested in having a Tummy Tuck, when I have lost weight. I thought that I would have to wait untill I had lost my weight b4 going to the docs. Saying that I may change docs, because when I went re having the gastric band on the NHS, I did'nt get anywere. :thumbup: Any advice would be good. Hope your all well and happy. Thanks in advance Mandy xx P.s How do you look at peoples pics on here. x

Hi nzniki44, I was banded about 10 days ago and i too wasn't hungry for the first few days. The first 10 days, i have averaged an actimel and 2 crisp breads for breakfast, Soup or weight watchers rice pudding or yoghurt for lunch and the same for dinner. I found that buying low fat desserts and yoghurts and fresh strong Soups helped with the boredom. As you've probably read, i am struggling with Water but that's probably because i was so used to waiting until i was thirsty and then downing a pint of water which i can't do now. i can only take really small sips and get frustrated but i'm sure it will ease with time.

As for the pain, 10 days in, my stiches are out and i feel great again. My wounds are healing well and theres no more port pain, how are you feeling? x

Mandyfielding, How's your band going? It's only been 2 weeks since your band. are you feeling similarly to me? x

Wishfull, lol just realised your real name on my friend request on Facebook now! Couldn't work out who it was, i'm sooo dizzy at times x

Hi, feeling nice and dandy, some times I get realy tired, but it dosent help with me being overweight, But that will soon be sorted:thumbup:. The drinking of water is hard, but t is ok. you sound that you have got it sorted now, I just try and drink loads of water all day. I have found that I am getting very bloated as the day gose on. My stomack dose hurt, I am not sure if it is because I am taking so much liquid in and no food ( you know wat I mean by food), I am hoping this inproves when I start the mushy stage. Has any1 had this problem.? Glad your feeling a bit better today. Mandyx