Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

:smile: hey flirty, go on youtube and look at all the videos by "massagegoddess".(amelia)(wish i knew how to do that link thing to make it easier!) it will take you all night to watch but its her journey from before gastric bypass to after surgeries to remove excess skin.she has had the fleur de lys type Tummy Tuck, as you will see by the shape of the old skin laid out after surgery!. she looks good. x

Iv just watched the youtube that your on about gillian, i hope i only need a tt wher you are cut hip 2 hip.. i dont fancy being cut right up my tummy like that x

Hi all just been catching up on you all and how great you are doing HELLO to all the newbies and anyone thinking about being banded .I have my opp in 12 days and I'm up and down again at the moment i am REALLY DOWN i feel sick and have butterflies but i know this will pass and i will be on cloud nine again its just natural with any opp to have doubts . I'm taking milk thistle and multi Vits and also Anica as well as bruising it helps you get over the anaesthetic better l used Crown Currency too the were the best rate also i was told to get some dressings for when i get back can any one tell me how long i have to keep the wounds covered suefee xx :smile:

Hi all just been catching up on you all and how great you are doing HELLO to all the newbies and anyone thinking about being banded .I have my opp in 12 days and I'm up and down again at the moment i am REALLY DOWN i feel sick and have butterflies but i know this will pass and i will be on cloud nine again its just natural with any opp to have doubts . I'm taking milk thistle and multi Vits and also Anica as well as bruising it helps you get over the anaesthetic better l used Crown Currency too the were the best rate also i was told to get some dressings for when i get back can any one tell me how long i have to keep the wounds covered suefee xx :smile:

Hi Sufee

I have my band in 8 days time and am apprehensive to.. Just think of the end result how much better it will make you feel about yourself in the long run. The op itself is only about 45 mins and is keyhole surgery so its not like a major Op, some of the banders are having gallbladders removed as well in the USA.

Woundcare..

Keep the wounds covered don't get them wet and if you have steristrips leave them till they start to curl up then take them off.. you can do that as long as the wound is dry. then put a dry dressing of mefix Patches to help avoid rubbing from your clothes... make sure you are not allergic these dressings otherwise use mepore tape and gauze Squares.

Best of Luck !!!:mad2:

Hey everyone,

Well it's day 9 post op, and now i'm starting to get hungrier! Stiches out tomorrow! Going onto mushies tomorrow so something different. Few questions to ask if anyone will be kind enough to answer:

Has anyone else found it more difficult to drink Water than tea or food? I am but maybe warm Water might be better?

Has anyone got idea what mushies i can eat? I want to start eating three meals a day instead of grazing on yoghurts, muller rice and soup!

Cheers, and hey flirty girlie, how's your restriction going? x

Many thanks flirty for recommending this thread. I am new on here and must confess I am having trouble finding my way around lol

I have just had my first consultation with Healthier Weight in Manchester and have decided this is the route I am going to take fed up with losing weight putting it back on and more this has been my life's circle for over 20 yrs now. I don't feel like I'm in control anymore and my family (who I must say are extremley supportive) have suffered the consequences of living with me, so now its my time to take responsibility and hopefully control not just for my sake but my whole families. I had been set on having my op done in Manchester as the consultant was fab and certainly knew his stuff but after reading some of the post's on here I may look into Dr Chris is would be great not to have to spend the full £7k on one op the rest can go in my "kitty" for later who knows what this journey will lead to x

Hey gillian thanks for that must have a look even though i dont know if its wise lol well i have made my appointment for consultation in leeds with Mr Fenton for the 22nd of june and just after booking flights god i get nervous now thinking about it i was told they'l take a blood sample when im there so wont have to get another before op and i could have surgery 3wks after that if i want oh im scared what am i doing to myself lol he said if i have a date to tell them at consultation and they'l work with it shouldnt be a prob so im gona get on my treadmill flat out between now and then gona get the tt and arms done together and im thinking of boobs too if it wasnt much extra duno how il manage i know iv been on bout the surgery but i didnt think it was gona be so quick but i think il get op august sept but as mammy says whats the point in waiting she just wants it all over as she is worried sick about me having it done so i mite go before that gona have to think about dates i think im more worried about missing out bank hols during the summer lol il have to wear a full corset for 6wks and something similar on my arms and maybe a sexy sports bra if i get the twins done too lol so just thought id share that info lol oh and he said even the weight i am now is perfect for op cos im bmi of 29 and anything up to 29 is a good point for surgery and fingers crossed il lose with getting all done oh and im having Lipo too and i dont think il be too hungry for a week or so after op wonder will i need a total unfill?

Tee bird if u have mash and gravy even with mashed veg and anything thats mashed and a wee bit sloppy u'l be grand as for restriction dont think iv any lol but im still on liquids and scales aint moving but gona get stuck into walking now cos im in a rush to get this weight off M had noodles and stuff last night and some brown bread the bread didnt go down too well

Hey gallaxy welcome if u read through here you'l get some great info and i too had myself set to have op in dublin at the cost of 12000 euro but then i found out about dr chris here but any questions u have ask everyone will answer if they can

galaxy101 I to was going with healthier weight and was also quoted 7k for band but after hearing all the good things about Dr Debruyne I changed my mind. I have been researching this for around 10 months and I am now booked with Chris in Belgium on the 26th of June. Oh and the price helps as well. j

galaxy101 I to was going with healthier weight and was also quoted 7k for band but after hearing all the good things about Dr Debruyne I changed my mind. I have been researching this for around 10 months and I am now booked with Chris in Belgium on the 26th of June. Oh and the price helps as well. j

Hey gillian thanks for that must have a look even though i dont know if its wise lol well i have made my appointment for consultation in leeds with Mr Fenton for the 22nd of june and just after booking flights god i get nervous now thinking about it i was told they'l take a blood sample when im there so wont have to get another before op and i could have surgery 3wks after that if i want oh im scared what am i doing to myself lol he said if i have a date to tell them at consultation and they'l work with it shouldnt be a prob so im gona get on my treadmill flat out between now and then gona get the tt and arms done together and im thinking of boobs too if it wasnt much extra duno how il manage i know iv been on bout the surgery but i didnt think it was gona be so quick but i think il get op august sept but as mammy says whats the point in waiting she just wants it all over as she is worried sick about me having it done so i mite go before that gona have to think about dates i think im more worried about missing out bank hols during the summer lol il have to wear a full corset for 6wks and something similar on my arms and maybe a sexy sports bra if i get the twins done too lol so just thought id share that info lol oh and he said even the weight i am now is perfect for op cos im bmi of 29 and anything up to 29 is a good point for surgery and fingers crossed il lose with getting all done oh and im having Lipo too and i dont think il be too hungry for a week or so after op wonder will i need a total unfill?

Tee bird if u have mash and gravy even with mashed veg and anything thats mashed and a wee bit sloppy u'l be grand as for restriction dont think iv any lol but im still on liquids and scales aint moving but gona get stuck into walking now cos im in a rush to get this weight off M had noodles and stuff last night and some brown bread the bread didnt go down too well

Cheers chick, i'll let you know how i get on...........

Hi all I was wondering what size of sterile pads do we need for our wounds after the op and will I have to take some with me. Are you allowed to shower? Used Crown currency today and ordered my euros for the op this saved me around £80, every penny counts. Cheers J x

Thanks for the welcome, hope all goes well in June homecare. It's a bit daunting considering surgery abroad but its comforting to know that so many have done it with fantastic results.

Hi all I was wondering what size of sterile pads do we need for our wounds after the op and will I have to take some with me. Are you allowed to shower? Used Crown currency today and ordered my euros for the op this saved me around £80, every penny counts. Cheers J x

no you wont have to take any dressings with you. i got expensive dresings from boots and they werent very good, and got some mepore too..i bought big ones but you only need small ones..my sister (bigsister) got some from lloyds chemist called 'opsite' they were the best..and also the cheapest, they come in handy packs of 5..for your 5 wounds.just perfect size too.you only need them on til about a week after surgery. just get 2 lots of them, that should be enough really.go in shower and peel old ones off, then when dry put new ones on. i showered day after i came home, went in bath day10 when blue stitch was took out.

Edited by gillian