Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

HAHAHAHAHA flirty thats so true everything you said about going shoppimg with your mammy.I used to come out the shops in a huff too taking it out on ma mam is if it was her fault that nothing in the shop fitted me or looked like shit and wouldnt sit on me right because of my size.

I will wear the suit with pride as i was always too embarressed to wear one because of my size.

And your so right about searching for a month before your going somewhere special that was me .

Thanks gillian and too you wishfull.All these 2lb and 3lb make up to stones keep up the good work.

Haha bobo we seem to be very alike then im near trying to stay away from the places round home i used go out in i cant wait to be right down nipped and tucked and go out for a night give them something to talk about cos already iv just noticed how jealous some people can be

Oh and wishfull congrats on the loss god if people knew how much hard work it was to lose 2lb so well done il be jumping for joy from now on when the scales drop a lb or 2 cos iv 21lb left to go

Hi Gillian, I doing just fine, the restriction I had is wearing off now, I went to the small holders show in Builth Wells last weekend which is usually food filled all inclusive, and Judges and stewards are really well looked after, but I am pleased that I did'nt put anything on, so for the last week my weight has stayed the same, which is ok I guess.

I'm going to France tonight for 1 week and hopefully wont put any more weight on, not like the first time when I put on 7lb,, I'm hoping it'll be more like the second week I had there where I lost 2lb, But that was just after my last fill. So even if I stay the same weight it'll be a blessing.

As for my daughter, she is doing well, shes 18weeks now, and due for her 3rd scan next week when I'm away, she might be able to see what she's having, so I might be reporting girl or boy next time I'm on here. Sian has'nt put on any weight yet but is being closely monitored by her band surgeon, as well as with the maternity hospital, and is having at least 3 extra scans to check on progress. So far all is as it should be.

My next fill is at the end of the month, I'll be flying home on Wed and being filled on Friday, so fingers crossed things should start moving again.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY _ whats your band going to be named:, I think mine is going to be called skinney, but I'm also toying with cantankerous. Lets have your names everone. See who has the best.

Ha ha your so right flirty, it was bloody hard work walking up the mountains lol, we walked between 5-7 hours a day x

hi all you bandsters you are definately a cheery bunch brought a smile or two to my face reading some of your posts!:Banane33:

well deposit paid today to ECFS and Frederik, will do the flights tonight i think?

spoke to my GP today and being honest not very helpful at all,asked if i could receive any aftercare re dietician and nhs possibly paying for fills?

answer was NO they wont pay for fills but they could possibly set up a dietician and that was basically it,told me answers to everything i had already thought about and researched re the surgery and aftercare but more negative than anything!:Banane01:

said he woudnt even be able to tell me if for eg the wounds were infected and i came in to see him???"they should have the answers to all that with "their" aftercare was the reply!

anyway not letting his attitude put me off so once again i have another question to put out there and see if anyone can help me?

re travel insurance is there any out there that will actually cover you for the trip for the usual things eg lost cases etc even though we are going for surgery abroad??

many thanks and also thanks to Garry and others for answering my never ending questions mate!:purplebananna:

hi all you bandsters you are definately a cheery bunch brought a smile or two to my face reading some of your posts!:Banane33:

well deposit paid today to ECFS and Frederik, will do the flights tonight i think?

spoke to my GP today and being honest not very helpful at all,asked if i could receive any aftercare re dietician and nhs possibly paying for fills?

answer was NO they wont pay for fills but they could possibly set up a dietician and that was basically it,told me answers to everything i had already thought about and researched re the surgery and aftercare but more negative than anything!:Banane01:

said he woudnt even be able to tell me if for eg the wounds were infected and i came in to see him???"they should have the answers to all that with "their" aftercare was the reply!

anyway not letting his attitude put me off so once again i have another question to put out there and see if anyone can help me?

re travel insurance is there any out there that will actually cover you for the trip for the usual things eg lost cases etc even though we are going for surgery abroad??

many thanks and also thanks to Garry and others for answering my never ending questions mate!:purplebananna:

Premiums on insurance are very expensive if you mention medical anything --but if you want to apply for the usual travel insurance and have to make a claim you could just say you were sight seeing for 3 days (bit of a white lie but there is no proof of any other activity as far as they are concerned, and they probably wont cover much cash anyway) I only had hand luggage which I kept close to me so did'nt bother with insurance, some bank accounts have inclusive travel insurance yours might also, or the flight operator might be able to give you some basic cover if you think it necessary, personally I wouldnt bother.

Hi Gillian, I doing just fine, the restriction I had is wearing off now, I went to the small holders show in Builth Wells last weekend which is usually food filled all inclusive, and Judges and stewards are really well looked after, but I am pleased that I did'nt put anything on, so for the last week my weight has stayed the same, which is ok I guess.

I'm going to France tonight for 1 week and hopefully wont put any more weight on, not like the first time when I put on 7lb,, I'm hoping it'll be more like the second week I had there where I lost 2lb, But that was just after my last fill. So even if I stay the same weight it'll be a blessing.

As for my daughter, she is doing well, shes 18weeks now, and due for her 3rd scan next week when I'm away, she might be able to see what she's having, so I might be reporting girl or boy next time I'm on here. Sian has'nt put on any weight yet but is being closely monitored by her band surgeon, as well as with the maternity hospital, and is having at least 3 extra scans to check on progress. So far all is as it should be.

My next fill is at the end of the month, I'll be flying home on Wed and being filled on Friday, so fingers crossed things should start moving again.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY _ whats your band going to be named:, I think mine is going to be called skinney, but I'm also toying with cantankerous. Lets have your names everone. See who has the best.

dunno what my band is called yet?!..ill think a good name up. glad your daughters doing well, its good shes managed to keep her weight the same..as long as she puts the recommemend amount on and no more she should easily loose it after..think i put about 5 stone on with my first!.prob about 3 stone with others,supposed to be about 1 to 1 and half stone i think?!) good for you with your weight too!, its good if you just dont put any on after a hol or an event! x

i dont like your doctors attitude at all!..surely no doctor would turn you away with an infection..thats got to go against their code i reckon??!they cannot turn you away if you need help im sure?!. most of our docs have been so supportive, and you are gonna be saving the NHS money in the long run. a years treatment and care for diabetes costs the same as giving us a band...so its terrible!.its preventative surgery, in my eyes. x

Hi timeisnow, It doesnt surprise me about your doctors attitude, as soon as I mentioned Belgium it was mostly on your own head be it!!! They would not even consider me on the NHS so although I am doing this for me it was as if I should only stick to British doctors. As for the insurance, I doubt you will get any insurance for the surgery but general travel insurance will cover your valuables for a 3 day sight seeing weekend??? It wont cover cash, only the first £250. Are you taking someone with you? What flight have you decided on? J x

I have just paid my deposit today through the bank. How long does it take for frederik to recieve it and does he acknowledge this with an email. No turning back now!!!!

I have just paid my deposit today through the bank. How long does it take for frederik to recieve it and does he acknowledge this with an email. No turning back now!!!!

congrats its really happening now woop woop. fred did'nt automatically acknowledge my payment but i sent him an e.mail the day i sent the deposit, and emailed him 1 week later to confirm the payment had been received and he confirmed by return

Hi timeisnow i didnt bother with getting travel insurance we just used what was free through the bank.. my dr was and is very supportive and was sorry i had to go abroad for a band, iv got the support of the dietitian if i want it.. what will happen with your dr's surgery when you need to go and have your stitches out? just because your dr doesnt agree with something surely by law he cant turn you away.. being honest he doesnt sound like a good g.p. Hope your not feeling down about it all.. you will be in great hands with dr chris x