Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Ah i think il go for another fill with fred even though i think il be in liverpool when hes here next cos it'l cost me a fortune to start changing to wls now and fred said he'd give me fill half price if i need another one so im not too worried yet il stick to liquids for as long as possible then see if i have any restriction when i start to eat again

Well you know yourself best chick!!! As long as your ok!!!

Surely if your on liquids too long though any restriction you got from your fill in brussels will go without you knowing????

HI ALL GREAT NEWS for all you lovelies out there who are having great weight losses keep on going it makes me all the more excited about my up and coming date the family are coming round to the fact that mom is going to have it done and they have stopped trying to talk me out of it the hints that i could have taken them all on holiday instead have finally stopped and i think they now realise that i need there support as well so all in all I'm on great form still cant find anyone going out the same time as myself 3 June but i suppose there will be others well keep the banter coming as i love reading all about you all :rolleyes2: suefee x

Hi Everyone,

Not been on for a few days. It has taken ages to read all the messages, some funny mess, which gave me a smile.

Welcome to all the newcomers, congrats to all the peeps who have taken the big step of booking their op, brill news.

Well done to everyone who has losed. I am 9 days post op, all is well, the wind has gone, my stiches have been cut to the skin, and only a slight pain near the bigger scare, but nothing that I cant cope with. lol.

Tomoz I can start on the puree/mushy part of the diet. I may stop on the liquids part of the diet till the end of the week.

Please can any1 advice, how long do you have to wait b4 you can have a drink, meaning wine etc. lol

Thanks for all your adivce. Mandy x

Hi Devonpilgrim, I too was contacted by Tullia but she was soooo pushy, i went with Bridget instead. She then phoned me again and when i said i'd already booked with Bridget, she said 'well thanx for nothing' and hung up on me!! The cheek of the woman really annoyed me so my advice would be Bridget or directly through Dr Chris..........

Hey Flirty, How's things? Feeling gr8 now, 10lbs down and no pain anymore, finding it harder to drink Water than tea or Soup or yoghurt, how strange! When you off liquids? Have you weighed yourself yet? x

yes tullia was same with me. i had a million messages on my answerphone almost demanding that i phone her back. she was getting more and more angry souding in each message..and i only sent her one email enquiry, teling her i was interested in having a band and could she return my email with a price. but to send the enquiry you have to add your details inc phone. just stick to chris package or go with bridget at europesurgery..

hi homecare good stuff,booking flight this week will be the same time as yourself!are you and hubby staying in the Campinale hotel too?

i was wondering is there a time difference in belgium of an hour or not??

hi homecare good stuff,booking flight this week will be the same time as yourself!are you and hubby staying in the Campinale hotel too?

i was wondering is there a time difference in belgium of an hour or not??

yes belgium is an hour ahead!!!!

i also want to know about the drink thing as woul love a glass of wine next week!!! i'll be 10days post op by then

yes belgium is an hour ahead!!!!

i also want to know about the drink thing as woul love a glass of wine next week!!! i'll be 10days post op by then

odgemodge, we sound desperate, :rolleyes2: re the wine, I am going to a bit of a party next week, plus it is bank Holiday weekend and was woundering if it would be ok to drink, How much can we drink, not as though I am desperate:rolleyes2:, any advice would be good, thanks Mandy xx

Hi everyone and thanks Garry for answering more of my list of questions:rolleyes: and hi to Homecare and devonpilgrim looks like we will be going through the process together on the same day,cant come quick enough for me!

can anyone give me an insight into vilvoorde , anything to do if arrive early flight?

how far is it from the centre of brussels for sight seeing?

....does the tv in the hotel have a dvd player??

any good tips re what to bring for in the hotel re drinks, snacks etc

also re the time difference on the flights when it sais you get in at say 0945 or 1445 dependent on dep times is that their time or do you have to add another hour onto arrival time???

cheers again

p.s when is this party with Garry everyone keeps mentioning....i too am a voddie drinker:tongue_smilie::rolleyes2:

Edited by timeisnow

Hey All

Hope your all having a nice weekend, I met up with the lovely Garry today...He was so nice and helpful ( send the £10 in the post G!) LOL

Freckles, sounds like you have real restriction, it is amazing, and brilliant! So happy you have it! :rolleyes2:

Timeisnow, and Homecare, girls, your op's are only a few days before mine, so i'm very excited to see how you get on and what your planning is pre-op. Im looking into the gym this week, as I'd like to start some exercise before I start some weight loss to try and avoid saggy skin syndrome!

Although, I have around 8 stone to lose, so that might not be possible....

Odge, Your a brave girl, no pain killers?! I hope i'm like that, although having two wisdom teeth out yesterday and screaming the dentist down made me think maybe my threshold isn't what I thought it was!:thumbup:

I thought of something I haven't noticed if anyone else has asked. Was anyone physically sick with the Anesthetic? I have a bad reaction to it and am often sick, which i don't think would be good after this type of op, Im wondering if there are any anti sickness drugs that I can take or get when Im there to stop that happening?

Penny

x

My bad, i had a drink the second night I was home, to numb the pain you know, purely medicinal lol.

If you can take it, enjoy it. Did anyone say you couldnt have alcohol?

My surgeon didnt tell me not to, so I thought I need one and I'm having one.

atm I am struggling trying to get an alcoholic drink down, but i am persevering fmtf2v.gif

Hey money i was extremely sick after the op i was heaving and couldnt stand or walk to far without feeling real faint i needed someone to walk with me the whole time couldnt even be left in bathroom on my own but once i was lying down i was ok

Timeisnow yes I am staying at that hotel and I am sure they are an hour ahead of us. I was thinking of booking the early flight ie 7 am from Edinburgh but that meant I would have to be up at some mad hour to travel through from Glasgow, get the car parked and get case checked in. I would have liked to have seen some of Brussels also but I would rather arrive refreshed as I am sure I aint gonna sleep the night before the op. I also have been booked into the servisair airport lounge so wouldn't mind a couple of ( Sherries !!!!!) purely medicinal of course, to try and calm nerves. I think my other half thinks we are going away to enjoy ourselves. If only.

Penny, Gary is a wealth of knowledge and is so matter of fact about the op. He really put my mind at rest. J x

Edited by homecare

Hey All

Hope your all having a nice weekend, I met up with the lovely Garry today...He was so nice and helpful ( send the £10 in the post G!) LOL

Freckles, sounds like you have real restriction, it is amazing, and brilliant! So happy you have it! :laugh:

Timeisnow, and Homecare, girls, your op's are only a few days before mine, so i'm very excited to see how you get on and what your planning is pre-op. Im looking into the gym this week, as I'd like to start some exercise before I start some weight loss to try and avoid saggy skin syndrome!

Although, I have around 8 stone to lose, so that might not be possible....

Odge, Your a brave girl, no pain killers?! I hope i'm like that, although having two wisdom teeth out yesterday and screaming the dentist down made me think maybe my threshold isn't what I thought it was!:smile:

I thought of something I haven't noticed if anyone else has asked. Was anyone physically sick with the Anesthetic? I have a bad reaction to it and am often sick, which i don't think would be good after this type of op, Im wondering if there are any anti sickness drugs that I can take or get when Im there to stop that happening?

Penny

x

Glad to help you know where i am if you have any more, that also extends to you janice.

Gazx

Hey guys

YAY me last injection today:thumbup:

Thats good freckles i might have a glass of wine this weekend then!!!!

Feeling better today no wind and wounds no longer tender!!!!!

Sneezed yesterday and god it hurt but sneezed today and didn't hurt hope everyting is ok! I'm just hoping its the swelling going down!!!!!:laugh:

Hey guys

YAY me last injection today:thumbup:

Thats good freckles i might have a glass of wine this weekend then!!!!

Feeling better today no wind and wounds no longer tender!!!!!

Sneezed yesterday and god it hurt but sneezed today and didn't hurt hope everyting is ok! I'm just hoping its the swelling going down!!!!!:laugh:

your right sneezing and coughing was pretty sore.

Gx