Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

freckles i just think you have had afew fills in a short time and your just swollen and thats causing a lot of it. it will settle, may take a week or two even.hoe everything else is ok, and well done with your smoking! Jo, you can take the stockings off at the same time as you stop your injections, you can have a bath after day 10 when you have your stitches out..its so nice that first bath! x

sorry, me again. Thanks for the helpful information.

I have one more thing before I go ahead and book....

The person that called me is Tullia Law and I have read some things on here that would indicate I am better off booking direct. I have tried the email address for Frederick on here but it bounced back. Does anyone have a direct contact email or phone number that I could use to contact him?

Also I live in Devon so I guess I would get the fills in Bristol. Does anyone else go to Bristol for their fills and where would I get this information from?

Sorry for the twenty questions but it is a huge decision

thanks again

sorry, me again. Thanks for the helpful information.

I have one more thing before I go ahead and book....

The person that called me is Tullia Law and I have read some things on here that would indicate I am better off booking direct. I have tried the email address for Frederick on here but it bounced back. Does anyone have a direct contact email or phone number that I could use to contact him?

Also I live in Devon so I guess I would get the fills in Bristol. Does anyone else go to Bristol for their fills and where would I get this information from?

Sorry for the twenty questions but it is a huge decision

thanks again

Hi Devonpilgrim, I too was contacted by Tullia but she was soooo pushy, i went with Bridget instead. She then phoned me again and when i said i'd already booked with Bridget, she said 'well thanx for nothing' and hung up on me!! The cheek of the woman really annoyed me so my advice would be Bridget or directly through Dr Chris..........

Hey Flirty, How's things? Feeling gr8 now, 10lbs down and no pain anymore, finding it harder to drink Water than tea or Soup or yoghurt, how strange! When you off liquids? Have you weighed yourself yet? x

Hey tee bird 10lbs is fantastic and jo with a stone is unreal ur doing fanastic bet ur thrilled Im still on liquids and it aint bothering me when i got home thurs i weighed and i had put 10lbs on so iv lost it at least gona stick to liquids now till at least wed or thurs if i can and that will be a full week but il stay on them for as long as i can stick them M hasnt weighed yet she doesnt have scales but id say she'l weigh tomorro or tues glad ur not in pain jo test yesterday sayin u were a bit unwell but keep up te good work u's 3 are gona pass me out lol

Hi Devonpilgrim the email address I used was frederik.serneels@ecfs.be I emailed him very recently and it worked fine. If you get banded on June the 26th it will be same day as me. Hope you get on ok. Thanks for advice odge. Jx

Hi bandsters hope its working for you all!

well confirmation from Frederik to go ahead and book my flight as i am being banded on the 26th June so not long to go:eek:,be flying from edinburgh to Brussels i think BMI?

Does anyone know how many seats you get together on a BMI flight 2 or three?

I also asked Frederik if there is any other information they will need or i should know outwith paying the deposit min two weeks before surgery, but so far no reply.

i have started taking milk thistle this week daily too,but saying that i used to use it anyway before and after a good drinking sesh!:thumbup:

i have also filled in online an application for the EHIC for NHS treatment abroad just incase,dont really know if this would cover me or not??

so all i need now is travel insurance so any of you bandsters out there have a link or name to any you used?:smile:

Also going to pay my deposit next week seemingly it will cost me £20 for the bank to do it for me is that the best or only way?

i have also been thinking about the fills and possibly using WLS 6 month deal only problem for me is its in Glasgow so more difficult to get too from perthshire,saying that do they do fills for you more frequent if you want/need them ie every two weeks instead of say four?

And how soon after surgery can you actually have a fill done i have read on here some had it done at 4,5 or 6 weeks?

also how does Dr Chris decide what size of band to give you?

sorry guys for all the questions but trying to cover all bases the noo!:rolleyes2:

thanks in advance A:wink:

the bmi flight is a 2 and a 1 just a small plane, on the fill front he reccomends 6 weeks but i managed to get it at 5 because the dates tied in otherwise i would of had to weight an additional 4.

Hey that would be good if we are around the same time!!! I'm in a 1:50 i think!!!! so will get the train down from elgin in morning!!!! What time are you in????

i think i am about half 2 so thats perfect.

gx

Anyone out there that can help!!????????:rolleyes2:

in my opinion you will be fine to have some scrambled egg, just make it really sloppy,i took my tights off after 3 days as i looked way to cool with them on.

Gx

hi homecare and tee-bird,

thanks for the information. I will use the frederik.serneels@ecfs.be email and see if that works. Homecare, I will let you know if I get that same weekend. I would be on my own so could use a friendly face.

This whole things is really scary but you sound similar to me in weight and in dieting history so that is a big help

thanks

i would have a bath but not too full so your stitches get wet, stay on liquids for at least a week. dont try scrambled egg for a while as alot of people with bands have trouble with them (including me.) I took the socks off after 3 days but they were driving me crazy.

What kinds of liquids are you having?

Hi Carriejess

All i have been having is yoghurt, Soup and crispbreads with either marmalade or cream cheese on!!!!

Just getting bored now!!!!

Ah thats brilliant ur feeling better... Ah i dont feel any different after fill im still on liquids want to stay on them til monday and if i can stick it il stay on them til wed wana try get the weight moving again... Have u weighed yet jo lost 12lbs already

yes i weighted myself this morning for the 1st time.....14lbs down!! happy days!!!! lol only another bloody 70lbs to go!!!

Edited by Mand

Hey chick,

The milk thistle tablets are really good for your liver and help to keep it clean of fat!!!! I took them religiously before the op because i didn't really do a preop diet:sneaky:

Cambridge diet is also very good for losing weight quickly!! if you research it online you will find your nearest provider! Also Lighter life is brilliant although very strict and about 60 pounds a week but i lost 13 pounds in my first week on it and 8 pounds in my 2nd week! The net will also give you all the info for it!!!! Let us know how you get on!!!!:thumbup:

Jo x

Thanks Jo........I have a friend who is a Cambridge Diet consultant, I think I will give her a call. Also I will get some of that 'Milk thistle' sounds as though I could do with it.

I dont think the anyone in the west country is enjoying the Weather. Here in Bristol is really bad, has been raining cats and dogs all day. Roll on the summer, we might get a few hours of sunshine!!!!!!!:rolleyes2:

Ah mand thats great my mate weighed just there and she has 14lbs off too not bad in a few days is it lol