Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hey everyone,

hope you are all well.....adjusting well to banded life.....just have one question i canny mind when are u supposed to get your stiches removed??

Mandy

I have eaten today three quarters of a skinless sausage and 3 crackerbreads with Philly on. That was brekky and lunch.< /p>

Still cant get Soup down, how strange is that.

Found out how not to have acid reflux at night......do not drink for at least 2 hours before sleep time.

Hi all, I've been following this thread for a while now and wanted to thank you for all the info you've posted - it's so useful.

I finally took the plunge and sent my details to Dr Chris yesterday, asking about waiting list times. Bridget just phoned me and said the next available date may be 23rd June - I'm a bit freaked out as I wasn't expecting it to be so soon!

Wasn't planning on telling anyone really, but I haven't even told my boyfriend that I want it done yet! :scared2:

Wondered if any of you could help out with some questions?

1. How have people reacted when you told them?

2. Do you need someone to come with you? Would I be able to manage if I went on my own?

3. Roughly how long until you feel ok again (I'm going to a festival 3 weeks after 23rd June, rather not be feeling ropey for that!)

4. Can you drink after? I know pints are a no no, I drink vodka tonic, will I be able to manage those?

Thanks

Hi everyone, it is good to see everyone is doing well. Welcome to the newcomers, brilliant news to the losers who are happly loseing. I am so glad that I found this site.

Pixie, When I told my family, they were concerned about me having the op, they all wished me well, some did say, I should try dieting harder, even get a fittness coach a couple of times a week, ha, ha. I explained that I need something that would help me for the rest of my life, hopefully and that is why I chose the band. It is not a short term fix, a faddy diet, were I lose a couple of stone, then put 4 back on, my band will help me lose the weight and keep it off. Which has never happened be4. If peeps dont have problems with their weight, they truely do not understand. If this is wat you realy want, go for it with both hands. Good luck. Mandy:thumbup:

Hi Pixie, when i told my fella he just said i should try to diet harder and exercise more,(he is 6ft2 and weighs around 11 1/2 st he has no idea) but the over the past months he has realised how much i want this and just gone along with it, my mum has been great worried of course but really good and so have my friends that i have told, they just said that they didnt realise that i felt that way about my self and were behind me one hundred percent which was great news, yourll be surprised how supportive ppl are when they realise it will make you happy. ive only got 13 days till im banded by dr chris and cant wait, everything sorted even most of the childcare ( Is anyone else going on the 29th may it would be nice to be with someone else) xx but good luck hun what ever you decide

Hey mand its 10days when u get stiches out... U doing ok?

Hey flirty, i'm doing good. Been taking it easy since we got back on Thursday....each day gets easier. feeling a hundred times better than i did on Wednesday. are u pleased with your fill??

Hi bandsters hope its working for you all!

well confirmation from Frederik to go ahead and book my flight as i am being banded on the 26th June so not long to go:eek:,be flying from edinburgh to Brussels i think BMI?

Does anyone know how many seats you get together on a BMI flight 2 or three?

I also asked Frederik if there is any other information they will need or i should know outwith paying the deposit min two weeks before surgery, but so far no reply.

i have started taking milk thistle this week daily too,but saying that i used to use it anyway before and after a good drinking sesh!:lol:

i have also filled in online an application for the EHIC for NHS treatment abroad just incase,dont really know if this would cover me or not??

so all i need now is travel insurance so any of you bandsters out there have a link or name to any you used?:wub:

Also going to pay my deposit next week seemingly it will cost me £20 for the bank to do it for me is that the best or only way?

i have also been thinking about the fills and possibly using WLS 6 month deal only problem for me is its in Glasgow so more difficult to get too from perthshire,saying that do they do fills for you more frequent if you want/need them ie every two weeks instead of say four?

And how soon after surgery can you actually have a fill done i have read on here some had it done at 4,5 or 6 weeks?

also how does Dr Chris decide what size of band to give you?

sorry guys for all the questions but trying to cover all bases the noo!:scared2:

thanks in advance A:wink:

Edited by timeisnow

Hey flirty, i'm doing good. Been taking it easy since we got back on Thursday....each day gets easier. feeling a hundred times better than i did on Wednesday. are u pleased with your fill??

Ah thats brilliant ur feeling better... Ah i dont feel any different after fill im still on liquids want to stay on them til monday and if i can stick it il stay on them til wed wana try get the weight moving again... Have u weighed yet jo lost 12lbs already

Congratulations to all you prebanders who have made the decision to get banded, im new to the band myself and dont regret it at all having it done, I realised I needed help and im so glad ive got it.....

Also well done to all you new bandsters, welcome to the family.....

Cw.

unfortunately odge you wont get one before 5-6 weeks as it all needs to settle, i was impatient as well, what time you there on the 25th as i am going too, if your getting the train down give me a shout if you need a lift.

g

Hey that would be good if we are around the same time!!! I'm in a 1:50 i think!!!! so will get the train down from elgin in morning!!!! What time are you in????

Hi Everyone....got my date for surgery on the 7th August.......Cant wait....apart from having to lose some weight first!!!! But the lovely Garry is going to help with with some info. I'll pm you tomorrow when its quieter here.

I'm going to start on the Kelp for my hair, but in one of the post someone mentioned 'milk thistle' Whats that for!! I've never heard of it.....Someones going to write back and tell me its only for men or something like that and I'm going to look a proper fool. Freckles you'll know all about this milk thistle thingy.

Gillian thanks for the advice, everyone on here has such kind things to say, I will go to the docs and ask for something to give me a boost with the weight loss. I am determined , having some 'last' meals this weekend then going for it from Monday.:scared2:

This thread moves so quickly, its lovely to read about everyones success Congratulations to all you new banders, and all the interesting questions that I wouldnt even think of asking.

I only wish I lived closer to Scotland, so I could come on this night out with Garry. Seems to me like most of us drink vodka, Its gonna be a fantastic night, I cant wait to read all about it. Anyone out there from the west country?

Take care

Jackie xx:smile2:

hi all its not long now I'm to be banded on the 3 June and cant wait just some info on the euro i have changed mine with a company called crown currency on the Internet as you do get a bit better rate if you pay for it before you want it basically the longer they have your money the better rate you get i WAS worried a it was something i had not done before and did not tell hubby just in case the money never arrived but true to there word it came on Friday delivered cash to my door (phew) so I'm all ready and waiting is there anyone going out the beginning of June let me know Ive been off my pre opp diet today and had a few glasses of wine which then leads to me getting the munchies its always the same when i have the grand kids i just buy them for them and end up eating some myself as crips and stuff like that are my weakness not chocolate but then its the weekend and Ive had a good week but on Monday i am going to try and go on my leftover lite a life as once i got on it before after about 4-5 days i was OK so lets see if i can do it again :scared2: